Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Taurus X Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
edited May 2014 in Ford
Share your Prices Paid & Buying Experiences on the Ford Freestyle.

Remember, posting the names of dealerships, city and state are allowed - posting of individual salespeople, their contact information (emails, phone numbers, initials or physical descriptions), "email me" or "tell them ____ sent you" is not.

Comments

• cmentcment Member Posts: 15
    I looked online, called a few dealers and tried to close deals with three successive dealerships.
    First one was the closest and getting calls back from him was spotty at best. Second was a flashy dealership on route one. Expansive showroom and quality furnished. I actually placed an order that he told me was really just giving me the right to first refusal. The order never came and did not look like it would any time soon. I needed a car, the dealer could have tied me into a deal by providing me some help with a loaner, but they may have held out little hope of getting a Freestyle LTD FWD build any time soon.
    During Presidents day week end I spotted an LTD AWD 7 seating and all the options Merlot advertised for $4,500 under list. I went on line and and saw no car to match it in dealer two's inventory. Perhaps if I pushed I might have knocked it down more. Dealership number three was at the edge of a suburban town center, your basic lot with a brick and cinder block building and a rather stark interior. We closed in an hour, I got the ford 2.9 loan rate and two days later drove away with what I wanted. Price 30,200
  • bandman1bandman1 Member Posts: 1
    I'm intersted in a Freestyle SE without any additional options. I'll be using this car for my work so I'm not getting carried away. I answered an ad here in the DFW area that listed a fairly good RCO deal (total price being at market value, not sticker)obviously quoting a price for a base SE. That was 6 days ago. At first the salesperson claimed they didn't know of the advertisement even though it took up a half-page in the Dallas Morning News.
    Every step of the way since then has been taken by me. Getting a call back is an act of God although I've visited the Dealership, took a test drive, showed them the ad, and agreed to buy. These people obviously don't want to own up to there own publicized offer. I guess the idea here is to get people on the lot and try to sell them into a higher trim line or at least add options. I made it obvious from the get-go that the base SE was what I wanted, nothing more. This musn't agree with their bottom line.
    I love the Freestyle but this first experience with Ford is really getting me dark. Don't these people want SOME money? Frankly, I don't see a lot of Freebies on the road. The crossover/small suv segment is mighty crowded and the Freebie is a new player. You would think they would want to try to get some out there so people could see them.
    I bet If I'd walked out there without doing any research and paid sticker at some ridiculous interest rate we would have already closed. Does anyone have any idea as to my options?
  • txfreestylingtxfreestyling Member Posts: 1
    In reply to bandman1, I purchased a an SE with the safety, heating, and convenience package at Town East Ford in Mesquite. I initiated contact through the internet and received constant and caring attention. They even feature a "make your own bid" option if you prefer that to the haggle experience.

We received an internet shopper discount of $500, which I qualified for by using the forddirect site and asking for more information. Note: I did not receive any indication from Ford that I was eligible for this rebate-- I got this tip from this message board. But since I was an internet contact they checked and I was "on the list."

Town East Ford regularly has ads in the paper for a basic SE (no options) and they had a couple on the lot recently. If they don't have one in their ad, I would take the competitors add to them and ask them to match-- you have nothing to lose.

We got a discount of approximately $2500 off of the sticker price plus the $500 rebate. The Freestyle with the options we wanted was not in stock and had to be driven up here from near Corpus, so we felt we got a good price.
  • aspesisteveaspesisteve Member Posts: 833
    i had the same experience with Ford while shopping for an '04 F150 last year. All I wanted was the dealer to honor what was advertised. It was one of those deals for all in stock - not just one at that price. They pretended that it couldn't be. I walked and found another dealer who said he would match it, but again ran into another dealer saying the price must be a mistake once I showed up. Third dealer finally took my offer. The whole process was so mind boggling and the sad thing is it happens at just about every dealer - they just don't know how to deal straight up.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,317
    if you don't have a trade in, the internet route can be the way to go. you can get a price on a specific vehicle. not all dealers are willing to give quotes over the 'net although you can ask thenm for one using the manufacturer website.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • rachel_35rachel_35 Member Posts: 6
    On March 31, I bought a Freestyle Limited AWD, fully loaded, black exterior with pebble interior. Bought from Bredemann Ford in Illinois, where I walked in and test drove the vehicle. Solicited three other bids through the Edmunds site. One of the other three offered me MSRP, one did not have the model I sought with captains chairs in the second row on the lot, and the third offered about $1,000 under dealer invoice, but it did not have the reverse sensor on it and it was considerably further from my home.

I paid $500 under dealer invoice. My sales guy told me there was some sort of unpublished dealer promotion. I'm sure they made money off me anyway. This was my first experience buying a car, never mind a new one, so I don't think I did too badly.
  • skovatchskovatch Member Posts: 24
    Today I signed the paperwork for a 2-year lease on a Titanium Green/Shale leather SEL from Marshall Ford in Cleveland. I drove one a while ago and today my wife agreed to try it out, mainly to make sure she didn't absolutely hate it. It wasn't our intention to actually buy a car today, but I had pretty much made up my mind at this point. My experience may not be typical, since I bought it under the X-plan, but I did get .25% on the lease for 24 months, and $1000 back for X-plan purchasers (I suspect A/Z have a similar deal as well, but don't know for sure.) I had done enough research on forddirect.com that I knew what features I wanted, and once I agreed to the lease we found exactly what I wanted (colors, front row comfort, leather, safety package, 2nd floor console) about an hour and a half away. I should get it Monday. Everything went smoothly, and since I didn't trade in anything I felt pretty good at the end of the whole process. I have to admit, I've never leased before because there's always some odd charge lurking at the end of the deal. The only thing I paid for that I have some regret about now is an extra $500 for a higher excess wear and tear limit ($2500), but considering a Honda balloon payment deal I used a few years ago had a $100 limit that's not that bad.

I did not do much comparison with other dealers since I had the X-plan, and I liked my salesperson and her manager. We considered having a look at a 2004 Volvo V70, but in the end I'm much happier with the Freestyle. Oh, and one nice touch: As I mentioned, I didn't drive it home because the car has to come in from another dealer. Marshall is not unreasonably far away from me, but my wife would have had to adjust her schedule to get me out there tomorrow. So, the dealer lent me another Freestyle with a dealer plate that I'm keeping overnight, and will just drive back out tomorrow when the car gets here. Very nice! Of course, this evening I picked up the cold my daughter had last week and now feel horrible, so hopefully I will return it tomorrow.

So, in summary, if you're in the midwest and can use one of Ford's plans, you might want to consider buying by the end of April (2005) while the financing and rebates are still in effect. I guess the main thing I learned this time is that if you go into a dealer knowing exactly what you want, with invoice information in hand and a clear idea of how much the dealer will get when you're done, you can have a smooth, reasonably positive experience. Can't wait to do some real driving!
  • tim156tim156 Member Posts: 308
    I first checked out the Freestyle when I was at the dealer having transmission additive put in to my 2004 Ranger. The impression I got from a salesman there was the sticker price was firm because the car was new and popular. After researching and searching on the Internet I returned to another no haggle dealer (Apple Valley Ford, south of Minneapolis) to possibly purchase. Four hours later I drove off with a new Freestyle for $1100.00 under invoice. I figure Ford knows this car is going to be popular and in big demand when the word gets out. Checking fordvehicles.com there are still no incentives or rebates. I compared prices from Internet dealers and feel I got the best price at the time. For financial reasons I purchased the SE, FWD. It comes with so many standard features I'm very satisfied. I expect fewer deals as demand increases.
  • dgruverdgruver Member Posts: 1
    I am in the proccess of buying a Freestyle on the internet. I am in Minnesota and have been checking out ads in Illinios. Have found some great deals in there ads, which they never honor. I was interested in a ad for a SE FWD for 20638.00, thats more than 5000.00 off MSRP for the options it had. After two emails got no reply, I called a salesman he said its still for sale and all I have to do is bring the money and its mine. After a hour I call back and he tells me there is a incentive I don't quailify for because I'm not a Chicago resident and he needs a extra 1500.00. A week later I see the same ad still running with the same stk no. I call again, talk to a different salesman he tells me the vehicle is still for sale and has never heard about any local incentive. I was interested in a Black colored car, the one in the ad was Red he said he might be able to switch colors and would call me tommarrow. Today he says, the Red car sold last night as I was on the phone with him and the black car would cost 1500.00 more, Isn't that a surprize.
    They run these ads and if anyone gets a little to close to buying the vehicle they do a dealer trade. As soon as I find this vehicles vin on another Ford dealers inventory, me and the Attorney General are going to have a chat.
  • qsportqsport Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in a Freestyle and would like to attach a bike rack to the rear, such as the thule rack that carries 3 bikes. Anyone know how it can be done? I haven't been able to get an answer from any Ford dealer. The towing capacity is only 2000 lbs on this car!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Hi qsport -
    Since this discussion is focused on people's purchasing experiences, please re-post in our regular Ford Freestyle discussion, where those who own this vehicle can give you advice.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• phreddyphreddy Member Posts: 1
    :blush: Wonderful experience with Jim Keim Ford in Hilliard, Ohio on purchase of 2005 Freestyle Limited (and a 2005 Escape Limited)....If you're in this area, we highly recommend this dealership.

:confuse: Have to share though that we first went to the Ford Dealership we have used for over 20 years but no follow up form them to internet requests, phone calls, or faxes. You would think that more interest would be shown when you test drive, request additional information, AND you're buying 2 new vehicles.

Went to other Ford dealership that we bought our last Ford from - still great difficulty with responses. We had located EXACT vehicles on Internet and faxed info to them. For some reason, they couldn't get the Freestyle I wanted, but did manage to get one similar to the one my husband wanted. :mad: Husband walked out of that dealership when they refused to give FMC financing at rate (per Ford Direct website) and tried to push 5.4% bank financing saying they couldn't do the "deal" any other way. At the same time, I'm at Jim Keim getting my Freestyle below factory invoice....and after quick call from my husband, he ended up at Jim Keim and got excellent deal on 05 Escape.

I was so fed up with other two dealerships that I located the vehicle I wanted by Internet search, called Jim Keim and they went and were able to secure that vehicle from dealership outside of this area. The same day, I arrived at the dealership at 4:00 p.m., and my husband then by 7:30 p.m. We were out by 10:00 p.m. - both deals done. Both deals with the price below factory invoice and with the FMC financing we had researched. The dealership really went the extra mile for us and was successful in restoring some confidence in the car buying experience in my husband. :shades:

I highly recommend Internet search of inventory and finding out if your preferred dealership will "deal" with that dealership - i.e. trade inventory. With few exceptions, dealerships in same central area won't trade inventory so you have to go outside your central area in search of inventory.
  • pebbles1pebbles1 Member Posts: 1
    This is expensive but worth it if you have expensive bikes or suspension mountain bikes.

Install a 2 inch receiver hitch. Get a Sportsrack or I believe Saris makes a similar design. Those racks hold the wheels on a wheel tray or hoop with a ratcheted arm, no frame contact. No whelel removal. No contact with other bikes if carelfully adjusted. They work with any bicycle that has two wheels. (I think that is the basic definition of bicycle.) I have a Cannondale Lefty, my kids have smaller wheels, 20 and 24 with odd frame configuration and they all work just fine. I have put receiver hitch on a PT Cruiser, my current car, wihtout a problem, as well as a number of vans. The hitch will cost about $300 installed and a four bike hitch about $500. Expensive, but the rack has a long life and can't be beat for ease of use and ability to hold any bike.
  • markwomarkwo Member Posts: 1
    I bought the car yesterday using xplan pricing through my employer, so i was already ~2100 under asking price @ 24488. to my surprise and delight, there was an unadertised or recently added rebate of 1500 from Ford, so i got the car for about 23. bought it at Lithia and found it to be a pleasant experience overall--no fun and games with the pricing, haggling, etc. they had a good selection and was able to get the car in the trim level (SE) with the options i wanted (side airbags).

I'm probably not one to judge since the Freestyle replaces my wife's 10 year old Accord and I drive a 1992 Mazda, but the car seems very nicely equipped and well-thought out as far as interior conveniences and so on. Maybe all cars come with this stuff now, but this car appears to be an ideal solution for us and should be able to grow with us over the coming years (2 adults, 3 kids ages 2, 4, and 6).

small downside was being continually badgered to buy an extended service plan. c'mon, i drive 6,000 miles a year--that gets me through 6 years until the warranty miles are up. I know the warranty will expire before I get to that mileage but if Ford will cover it for that long as part of its standard warranty, i ought to be OK.
  • njdevilsrnnjdevilsrn Member Posts: 185
    After a good deal of hesitation, and some perspiration on the brow, I signed on for a 2005 Freestyle SE FWD yesterday. Replaced a 2000 Explorer that I had half a mind to do some things with that would probably have me wound up in jail.

So far, so good - last 2 cars that I had that were dogs had several things wrong right off the bat, so this is a good thing.

Has anyone added an aftermarket DVD player to their Freestyle, if so what kind and about what did it run?

MSRP - 26465, paid 22600.
  • lanbabalanbaba Member Posts: 45
    Got out of the dealer's lot with a fully loaded Limited AWD. Paid 30k before tax, reg, etc, more than 1500 under invoice. compared with several dealers and they were all offering the similar price after price match each other. SInce ford has a 500 dealer rebate till today, I'm pretty sure my delaer made some money.
  • jrtexasjrtexas Member Posts: 13
    Picked up my Pueblo Gold SE yesterday. Bought it online from Randall Noe Ford in Terrell Texas, about 45 miles east of Dallas. They're a high volume, low overhead dealership. Price quote from their internet sales manager was $22,900, which was $3,760 below sticker. Also had a $500 discount from FMC that was included in a Freestyle brochure I had requested online so the total price was more than $4,000 below sticker. I also traded in my old car and their tradein value was about what I had planned on.

Would definitely recommend Randall Noe for those in the DFW area who don't mind driving the extra miles. Their staff was friendly and efficient.
  • doobie4doobie4 Member Posts: 9
    Hi! I see you must live in NJ from your name. I live in the Toms River area. What dealer did you get yor car from? That looks like a good price. Thanks
  • sparcatsparcat Member Posts: 6
    I leased my Freebie AWD LTD from Freehold Ford (X-Plan price) back in January, even though Oasis is closer to my home. I have purchased other vehicles from Oasis in the past, but never again :( !

Freehold contacted me after I inquired for a price over the internet. I would deal with them again :) !
  • bigdeezybigdeezy Member Posts: 4
    Purchase a Freestyle using the X-plan last week. Black Limited, black interior. MSRP 32,350 (approx)
    Invoice 30,030
    X-Plan 29,919

Plus $1,000 Ford rebate and good finance rates or total was under $29K. No haggling, nice experience. Purchased from a dealership in Denver.

I'm not the one to haggle, cause I might end up in jail on an assault charge! :P
  • osubeaverosubeaver Member Posts: 1
    Purschased a SEL FWD w/ moonroof last week for $23,890 which is $4,000 off the MSRP. The dealer was very fair on the trade in car which had over 100,000 miles and easy to work with on the purchase. I highly reccommend Courtesy Ford in Portland OR.
    After the first 400 miles, this car has been a great buy and my family loves the third row and comfortable ride. The cvt is great! :shades:
  • cmunizcmuniz Member Posts: 604
    Just purchased a LImited AWD Merlot in Morganton and had a great purchasing experience. Was able to get the A Plan price since my son-in-law works for Ford plus a $1,000 rebate plus 1.9%, 36 month Ford Credit financing. They gave me fair value for my trade-in with no haggling. So far so good. My understanding is that Ford's inventory of SELs is larger than Limiteds so dealers should be more eager to deal on SELs.
  • jannerjanner Member Posts: 3
    Is this good? Deal not final yet, In NY burbs, loaded Limited AWD, MSRP 34,600, PAYING 31,000-500 (American QuarterHorse incentive) so 30,500 final plus tax. There is a 1k incentive that is already in the price

How much can I get a warranty for and where?
  • dgulinodgulino Member Posts: 38
    Just purchased (on June 8) a brand new SE ("redfire" paint--had to have the red paint!) from Don Wood Ford in Athens, Ohio. Very nice buying experience. He had five Freestyles on the lot, including at least one each of an SE, SEL, and Limited. We went for the SE because we did not want the moon-roof and so forth that came with the top-line model, and the differences in options between the SE and SEL we looked at it didn't seem to be worth the price.

Even the base model gives you lots of options, including keyless entry, remote keyless entry, A/C, luggage rack, traction-control, AM/FM/CD, cruise-control, and power windows, locks, and driver's seat. We preferred the second-row seats with no center console. It makes the second row seats seem more open and makes access to the third row seats easier.

Once we settled on the exact one we wanted, the salesman showed us the list price, his dealer invoice price, the amount of the hold-back, and the amount that the dealer wanted to make on the sale. All of his figures agreed with what I had researched earlier, and I greatly appreciated the transparency of the whole thing. He also brought to our attention that Ford had just introduced a new incentive plan with 0% financing for up to five years or a $1000 rebate. We went with the 0% financing over the full five years (any reason NOT to do this?).

He gave us more than I was expecting on our trade-in, so I signed the papers without hesitation, and we drove it home that night.

After four days of ownership, so far so good, but we have noticed a few peculiarities. First, the car seems very airtight, which causes the last door to be closed to have to be slammed harder than you think should be necessary. On more than one occasion we have driven off only to find that one of the doors was still ajar, even though it was apparently closed enough to cause the dome-light to go off and thus the "door ajar" light on the dash to not go on.

Second, I've read about the peculiar sound of the turn signals--sort of like the sound made by a wooden clothespin being snapped. It is a bit of throwback, but you get used to it, and you certainly know the turn signals are on!

Third is the CV-transmission, but this is a positive thing. I LOVE it. If you hadn't told me that the car doesn't go through the traditional gear shifting as you accelerate, I never would have known that it wasn't shifting in the traditional day. We had an '03 Sable which shifted so smoothly that you never felt the shifts, either, and this is what the Freestyle's CVT feels like. There's no "getting used to it" or anything like what the popular press reviews of this car have said. It took no getting used to at all. On the other hand, there is a little bit of a whine from the transmission when going in reverse, but one is usually not in reverse for very long.

Fourth, what IS the deal on that big hand-hold on the passenger side of the dash? Are we expecting to be cornering at 90 mph in this thing? I don't think so. Exactly what did Ford have in mind when it decided to include this?

Fifth, no courtesy light in the glovebox. Seems cheap. Of course, it isn't a very large glovebox, so you're not likely to keep much in it, anyway. Plus the storage bin with the pop-up lid on the top of the dash gives some handy additional storage.

Overall, we're very satisfied so far.
  • buyonebuyone Member Posts: 5
    I have seen all the issues you have in yours. I do disagree with the use of the handle though. My mother is 70 and finds it is better than reaching up and attempting to find the hanle on the roof. Also my short wife finds that it is easier to move the seat forward after my taller son gets out...

As far as the CVT goes, try this on a large hill. Most drivers ride the brake at least part of the way down a hill. Next time you go down a hill DONT touch the brake and take note to what CVT and the engine do....It is a tough habit to break after all the years with standard trannys.
  • buyonebuyone Member Posts: 5
    We bought an SE also, on the same day you bought yours.
    Paid 24,800 with the convenience package as well as the safety package.
  • dgulinodgulino Member Posts: 38
    Thanks for the input.

About the handle, I'm happy to hear that your family finds it useful, but if it's there for the reasons you state, why haven't we seen handles like this in all vehicles for the last 50 years? Ford must have had some other reason for including it

I will try what you suggest with the CVT on hills..
  • rincon1840rincon1840 Member Posts: 7
    We purchased a SEL AWD from Art Hill Ford in Merrillville, IN. I went back the the salesman who sold me my 2000 Focus. We were eligible for the X-plan. MSRP was 33,XXX. X-plan was right over 30K, plus there was a 1500 rebate. I think we came to around $28,900. Lots of options made this SEL so high, but it had everything we wanted (didn't need the reverse sensors, but we have them). We were out looking on Memorial Day because of Memorial Day incentives (yes, they were closed). My wife found the car sitting off on the side of the lot. Our sales experience was good, but since the dealer used a wholesaler for our trade, we were getting low-balled with little movement. I was out of town, so my wife did the haggling with me on cell-phone alert. She managed to get more on the trade; closer to the NADA trade-in value. Then the finance manager extended warranty haggle. We were set on getting an extended warranty, especially since the CVT is knew to Ford and unproven and it's a first year vehicle (the Focus suffered horribly for it's first two years; I luckily got an exceptional Focus). He started at $1900 for 6/75,000. Wife got him down to $1425, which is pretty much standard for what I have researched from other dealers. 3.9% financing for 60 mos. The Memorial Day special included two years of free maintenence, a first for Ford. We were supposed to have 90 days/no payments, but to get the monthly down, we cut that in half. What Ford does is if you do a 60 month loan with a 90-day no pay, your loan becomes 57 months, which causes your payments to increase (3 missing payments spread out). Now I notice 0% financing and rebates, so better deals can be had out there. BTW, when I told him we were eligible for the X-plan, he printed out and gave to me a list of all the invoice/MSRP costs for everything on the car, plus all the "plan" prices listed at the bottom. It's basically no-haggle pricing. Since our SEL was a more expensive model, we did check on the LTD--some of which were actually cheaper--but they all had black leather inside (ours is shale) and the X-plan rebate was only $1000 (versus the $1500 for SEL models). I would like to have the Audiophile sound & heated seats, but the SEL is pretty nice. We're both very happy with the car. We'll probably drive it down the the US Grand Prix this weekend for a more extended trip. I can't believe I have two Fords in my garage....
  • m59m59 Member Posts: 1
    I am from the Boston area and am interested in buying a freestyle. How were you able to get below invoice and where did you purchase the vehicle?
    Thanks.
  • lanbabalanbaba Member Posts: 45
    I shopped around several dealers with email first, and used the quirk's price at boston global as a base line. Then you can further reduce the price for a few hundred dollars. Since ford is offering 0%apr now and have 1000 rebate (I don't know if you can combine them or not), you should get a better deal than me. I finally wrap the deal at sentry ford, and I ONLY went to the dealership to wrap up the deal, the price negotiation is done in the email.
  • nannyoggnannyogg Member Posts: 1
    Any guidance for pricing on a Freestyle demo (app. 5600 miles)? It's a loaded Limited model - all the options. I haven't seen any on the local streets, and they've got close to a dozen assorted Freestyles on the lot (medium size city). Thanks!
    I was able to buy a brand new AWD Limited for $4,500 below MSRP using Ford's A-Plan for employee family members and the $1,000 rebate. You should be able to get the demo for several thousand less than that. If it is fully loaded I would say somewhere below $28,000, but that just an opinion.
  • cgalencgalen Member Posts: 6
    Since this is all about comparison, here was the deal we received this week at a No. Virginia Ford dealer: 2005 SEL FWD, with the $696 safety package and the $115 split 3rd row. Total incl. freight but not TT&T was $24,697, which is about $3200 below sticker and $1200 below invoice. This does not include the FoMoCo rebate of $1k; we opted for the 0% APR financing. The employee discount rate is in use, and coupled with below-market financing rates, there are good deals to be had.
  • elconde1elconde1 Member Posts: 1
    I went to a dealer today and got a quote of $23,322.00 for a FWD SE, convinience group pkg,aux climate control,side air curtains,premium sound system.
    I'm debating between the Freestyle and the Toyota Highlander.
    The Highlander does not have side curtains but according to consumers report is a better car and I can get one for $24,000.00 without side curtains.
    Need help in making up my mind. Is this a good price for the Freestyle?
    Thanks
    FYI - I just traded a 2002 Highlander for a AWD Limited Freestyle. Both are excellent vehicles. You should base your decision on which best fits your needs and where you get better dealer support. I find the power in both to be very similar, but the Freestyle has more room for 6 people. I never had any problems with the Highlander and I don't expect any with the Freestyle even though the CVT is new technology for Ford. I believe that the Freestyle gives you more car for the money, but the Highlander is also a proven performer. The price you were quoted sounds reasonable - I would compare it to the Edmunds TMV for similarly equipped vehicle. I actually like the way the Freestyle handles better than the Highlander.
  • brian211brian211 Member Posts: 69
    Here's what I was quoted for a freestyle ltd in the new york city area. 30,990. MSRP, 33,735.00. Think there's any room for further negotiations? Like to get below 30k. Think I can?
  • nitromaxnitromax Member Posts: 640
    Just picked up my Redfire AWD SEL last night. I got it with leather, moonroof, reverse sensing and the comfort and safety packages. Ended up paying about $29,500 for it. (about $3300 under MSRP)
    I was a little dissapointed with the dealer. He didn't appear to have the car prepped for me even though we made the deal on Saturday. I think when he ran out back to transfer plates onto it, he prepped it at that point because he was gone for about 30 minutes or so. Then he delivered it to me with an empty tank of gas...hello!..anybody home? I'm giving Ford another shot at my loyalty here after being burned with an Exploder a few years ago. Don't BLOW it again.
    Besides that, the car behaves beautifully and I won't hold judgement against a car company for a poor dealer experience.
    If I have to, I'll take it to another area dealer for it's scheduled maintenance. I'll give this place one more shot to prove themselves...if that fails then I'll lower the hatchet.
    :-)

Nice car...going for a long drive this weekend and looking forward to it.
    I think it is worth a try. Don't forget there is 0% financing available, too, so factor that in depending on how important that is to you. Nitromax got his $3,300 below MSRP I got mine for $4,500 below MSRP using th A-Plan (for employee relatives) so there is more room for you to negotiate in my opinion. My advise is to tell them that you are ready to buy today if you can have the car for $29,950 and see what they say. If they say no, then walk away and consider their new offer for a few days and maybe try a different dealer. My experience is that different dealers will make you completely different offers and you can do better by trying a couple if you can stand the car buying "experience". I would make that offer today since it's the end of the month. If that doesn't work, look for any July 4th deals in your area. Good luck. It's a great vehicle.
  • elcondeelconde Member Posts: 2
    Went to the dealer this morning after talking to the Internet specialist. After quoting a price the salesman brought the invoice. There was a charge for $881.00.
    I asked him for a breakdown. Also I told him that I wouldn't pay any extras.
    After 10 mnts. went to see the general manager. They were charging me $185.00 docs. fee and $185.00 for what he said it was an insurance in case that my car was stolen. DAAAA. Told him that he was insulting my intelligence and left.
    Half an hour later the salesman called and we agree to $23,522.00 for an SEL, FWD with side air bags,AUX climate control,convinience group package. After researching consumers reports, I'm very satisfied. Any comments?
    What about the rumors of Ford discontinuing this model by 2008. Any news?
  • brian211brian211 Member Posts: 69
    One dealer quoted me 29,906 for a awd ltd. So she emailed me sticker. Had a low VIN#. Emailed her back asked whether it was a demo. It was. Seems in the nyc area, most dealers are out of freestyles or are selling their demos. There are no July 4th promos on this car. Its almost as if they they don't exist. Very strange. Explorers, escapes and every other car is being pushed. No mention of freestyles. Back to the drawing board. Maybe a used Lexus rx300.
  • ranger2001xltranger2001xlt Member Posts: 85
    I just bought a Limited AWD for $29,900 (tax and prep charges not included). Has Safety and Power moonroof options only. Stickered for $32,600~ MSRP. Supposedly this is below dealer invoice by about $300 as the dealer showed me the invoice. It was a better price than Xplan invoice price. I was not entitled to a rebate because I took the financing incentive.

This dealer had alot of Freestyles in stock but none with the exact options and colors I was looking for. I could of gotten one for about $750 below invoice if I would of of took one not equipped and not the color I wanted. This deal was for a Freestyle extremely loaded however.

I got a good value for my trade in also. Much higher than the value in Edmunds or KBB.

I think I got a fair deal.
  • heddenhedden Member Posts: 28
    Anyone know if the Ford Family Plan price is non-negotiable? That's what a dealer told me today, but I didn't push too hard. I'll find out in a week or so when I start contacting other dealers, but was just wondering if anyone had been able to talk them lower.
    I believe the dealer is right. To my knowledge the family price of the car is not negotiable, but some dealers may add other fees to that so there might be some differences between dealers based on the amount of add-on fees.
  • barnstormer64barnstormer64 Member Posts: 1,106
    As far as I know, it's non-negotiable.

But as you know, ANYTHING is negotiable under the right circumstances.
    Following up on my original post.

I have since found out that the GM price is negotiable in some rare cases. I assume the Ford deal is the same. I'll find out soon if my plan to buy a Freestyle comes to fruition in the next couple weeks.
  • wupwupwupwup Member Posts: 3
    What would one expect to pay for a Limited fully loaded @ around 33K under the family plan?
  • vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    Folks:

1) The Ford website states "$500 cash back". Is this in addition to the Family/Employee plan discount?

2) I am looking for a dealer recommendation in the Northern Virginia/Maryland area. Any feedback on dealer experience in this area would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • wupwupwupwup Member Posts: 3
    Looking at the press release in which they use an XLT explorer as an example-- I would say yes,, there are other incentives along with the employee pricing.
    But what do I know-- they are car dealers you know.
    wupwup: a fully loaded Limited has an MSRP of 34k and can be had for around 30k under the family plan.
    vrm: the $500 rebate is in addition to the family plan. But it cannot be stacked with the 0% financing or other financing deals.
This discussion has been closed.