Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover LR3 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• sohna99sohna99 Member Posts: 50
    bmk007- I think that's a pretty good deal. Were you able to buy for 2006? You mentioned in your message climate, do you mean by CC- cold climate (heated front windshield & heated fron & 2nd row seats)?
    What combo are you talking about?
    Where your dealer is located at?

Anyone else bought 2006 LR3 Se V6 3rd seat?
    What price out the door?
    Thanks in advance.
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    I just sold a 2006 LR3 V6 S for 39,700 plus tax, tags etc but that was with the Land Rover owner loyalty incentive which is 1000 dollars right now.
    british_rover, what will be the price for me if you read my combo on #107?
    2006 LR3 V6 Se 3rd seat, that's what I need. Where you at?
    Any fuel tank problem in 2006 LR3?
  • schoberschober Member Posts: 1
    I test drove an HSE and wanted to find out if anyone has a 2006 model or are all the LR3 HSE's 2005 ?

Has anyone heard if the Fuel Tank difficulties have been resolved with the2006 LR3 HSE ?

I am sitting on the fence and appreciate any feedback that may help in the decision process.

Thanks- Scott
    That vehicle was a LR3 S not an SE. The SE package on a V6 car is 3000 dollars more. So you would need to add about 3000 dollars to that price to get an SE assuming you can get the Land Rover owner loyalty discount.
    any update? have you bought LR3 yet? What dealer gives you 41K deal? Please provide their website or contact#.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,566
    NO contact numbers.. Please read the information printed below..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

british_rover, any fuel tank problem with 2006 LR3?
  • bmk007bmk007 Member Posts: 27
    I have not gotten an LR3 yet. The first dealer I was working with was in Cleveland, OH. However, he could not locate any V6 vehicles in the color combos and features that I wanted.

To be honest, this delay in finding the vehicle has given me time to rethink the whole purchase. This would have been my first Land Rover purchase, and I am stretching it to begin with in terms of the payment.

I am still in the market for a new vehicle. I am now looking at a used 2002 Range Rover and a 2004 Discovery. I really want a Land Rover.
    No problems have come up with the 2006 Fuel tank. You need to remember even though Land Rover has said most of the 2005 LR3 fall in the VIN range of possibly being an effected vehicle only a very small percentage have had problems.

Less then one percent of our 2005 LR3's have had stalling problems and only one has had fuel leak out of the tank.
    Just curious about the price if anyone knows for 2006 LR3 V6 SE climate, 3rd seat, premium package.
    Possible british_rover might give me some quotes?
    I'm thinking $46k out the door.
    What do you think?
  • bluecrew2bluecrew2 Member Posts: 1
    I recently looked at a 2005 LR3 SE with several options (not including the NAV or DVD), it is a retired loaner with 3k mileage. LR is offering it for $450 / 24 month lease, with 3k down that includes Tax, title and tags along with sec deposit, down payment and bank fee. 10,000 miles a year. Would anyone consider this a good deal????
  • roverguy76roverguy76 Member Posts: 13
    New Poster Here

I have been a Land Rover owner for 10 years. Just traded in my 2003 LR Disco SE for a 2005 LR3 HSE. Alveston Red/Black interior, Cold Climate Package, Convenience Package, Adaptive Lights, Cooler Box. Paid 48, 545. Love it so far. Very different from all the Rovers I have owned. Ride is incredible. Just hope I get used to this new direction Rovers are headed in.

Will Keep You Informed.
  • chintchint Member Posts: 30
    Starting 10/04 to 10/31 there will be an incentive of $3000 or 3.9% for all 2005 LR3 V6 models
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,566
    Since your question is about leasing an LR3, I'm moving it here:

Land Rover LR3: Lease Questions

Look for replies there...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• grommetgrommet Member Posts: 445
    If anyone knows of an LR3 dealer that will do allow X-Plan on an "ordered" '06 LR3 V8 HSE or SE (in other words, no rush -- doesn't need to be on the lot) located somewhere in Southern California... a friend would love to know to save some leg-work.
  • miguel57miguel57 Member Posts: 1
    I am the "one fuel leak out". Two weeks for a new tank with tank fuel pump and another three weeks and waiting for the EPA sensor replacement. Too bad. This could be a really great vehicle. 3000 miles.
  • wirrwirr Member Posts: 1
    Roverguy76 - Can you let me know where you purchased your HSE? I assume they applied your owner loyalty discount of $1000? Also, yoiu mention cooler box but I thought this was only available on the '06 HSE?

Thanks for the help!
    The cooler box was a stand alone 250 dollar option on all 2005 LR3's.

The option code was CBX.
  • roverguy76roverguy76 Member Posts: 13
    Wirr

As mentioned, the cooler box was a stand alone option on the '05. The owner loyalty option did apply to me; so, that should be taken into account. If I were to order the car from scratch, I don't think I would have ordered a cooler box. Just picked the vehicle out of dealer stock. The adaptive lights are awesome. I recommend those to anybody. If you keep the lights on "auto"; you get a little dance when you start the vehicle at night. It's a fun toy. I purchased from Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Hope that helps.
  • newrovernewrover Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2006 V6 SE with premium and climate package. It's black with tan interior. I got it for 40,900 plus tags and tax. I would recommend this vehicle to everyone. It's a very quite and smooth riding truck.
    How much is out the door?
  • chamferchamfer Member Posts: 16
    I live in Los Angeles. Where should I go to get the best deal on 2006 V8 SE? How much should I pay for V8/SE with Navigation, Rear seat,Lighting package, and PTI (Personal Telephone Integ). I don;t mind driving within 120 miles. Thank you.
  • roverrealtorroverrealtor Member Posts: 1
    I am test driving a new 2006 LR3 HSE, totally loaded with everything except DVD player. It is wonderful, my lease on my third Disco expires next month and this will most likely be my 4th Rover although it has several things that I just don't need like 3rd row of seats, Heavy Duty Package, Cooler, etc. NAV system is great, had the mini NAV on my 2003 HSE which was sort of worthless most of the time, no color screen.
  • grommetgrommet Member Posts: 445
    roverrealtor, FYI: "DVD" is not a factory option on LR3... so you are "loaded." Any DVD is dealer installed, either "Land Rover" branded (Rosen made) or 3rd party.

You can get a 5-seat SE trim -- the 3rd row and cooling costs you $2200.
  • vpotlurivpotluri Member Posts: 47
    A local dealer in NJ has said they are discounting 2005 LR3 V8 about $6500. I am planning to get one late next year. I guess I could expect to get a nice discount on a 2006 model when the 2007 is out.
  • mark156mark156 Member Posts: 1,915
    Here are the details..

For those who wanted to know the deal that I got, here it is.

2006 Land Rover LR3 HSE, Java Black Pearlescent, Alpaca Beige leather, Cold climate pkg, Heavy Duty pkg.

List $55,525.00
    options added:
    wood dash 750.00
    mats 225.00
    TOTAL MSRP $56,500.00

Trade $20,000.00 (2002 MB ML500, 47,800 miles)

Discount $2,375.00
    __
    final price
    before taxes
    and flees ----- $34,125.00

Mark :D
    2010 Land Rover LR4, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Bentley GTC, 1990 MB 500SL, 2001 MB S500, 2007 Lincoln TC, 1964 RR Silver Cloud III, 1995 MB E320 Cab., 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach
  • joeldegjoeldeg Member Posts: 1
    I went to a VA dealer today to look at pre-owned LR3s. They are a brand new location and didn't have a single one. So I told the sales person I wanted to stick at 44,000 for a SE and 3rd row. She came back with: 2005 SE with CWP, Lighting and parking assist, 3rd row, 3rd row Air, Navigation, and they are installing the Rosen A7 DVD for 45,000. I told her that I expected to go over 44 with the DVD. I'll lease through my Credit union which makes it a tax free sale and be out the door at about $45,700. I had a promo mailer for $1,500 off a LR3, but it turns out that is only for the 2006s. I have her looking into what she can do for a 2006 if I can take that 1500 off, I have a feeling it will still be more. I called another dealer and he said LR is offering 5,000 off all 2005 LR3s to dealers. After seeing the deal they gave me, and quickly, I have to believe there is something going on. I was only in the dealer for about an hour and half, which included a test drive and taking along my 2 year old. Maybe she helped get the deal :)
  • karla2karla2 Member Posts: 2
    I just signed a contract on the '05 SE and wanted to share the details - I think it is a great lease deal:

30 month lease; 15k miles/year
    $522/month including sales tax and excise tax
    $1308 payment upfront for 1st month, bank fee, etc.
    SE, 7 seater, cold climate package included.

Land Rover Leasing is offering this deal - not many dealers were familiar with it but once I educated them - they all came back with the same or even lower pricing.

Dealers in Massachusetts who offered me this deal include : Hanover, Sudbury and Boylston.

Good luck!
  • sf_driversf_driver Member Posts: 10
    Just agreed to terms on my first Land Rover.
    2005 LR3 SE w/8k miles. Demo car (sold as new.)
    Silver/Black with Cold Climate package, Lighting package, and integrated 9" rear DVD system.
    $40k even + TTL.
  • manoftastemanoftaste Member Posts: 51
    hi all, i was just quoted a puchase price for an HSE and i just wanted to ask you guys if sounds good.

2006 HSE with Lux pkg and heavy duty pkg
    Price: $52300

thanks...
  • jbliebjblieb Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2005 SE with Lighting, 3rd row, Rear Climate, Towing, and Mats STicker $50.347 Purchase Price $42,234.00 $8000 off, Pretty good deal?
  • sodiumveensodiumveen Member Posts: 1
    Vpotluri, What specific NJ dealer is offering that deal?, I am interested in the 2006, but I am curious about the 2005 discount, thanks.
  • jrgreenjrgreen Member Posts: 2
    Just got a price of $46,000 for an '05 with zero miles. HSE 7P,rear climate,cold climate,HD package and adaptive lighting. Silver with black interior. This seem like a good deal? :confuse:
    You are about 1500 bucks away, and about 2000 bucks under Edmudns TMV, from invoice on a car that was pretty much impossible to get for the whole year. We have not had an HSE in stock since september. Lease or finance through Land Rover Capital and take your extra 700 bucks of rebate and get your tax write off before the end of the year.
  • jrgreenjrgreen Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, we purchased it. So far so good.
  • transplanttransplant Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for this great information. I am armed and ready to go to the dealer tomorrow with this info. This is the best pricing information I have found on this site. Congratulations on your new LR3 hope I can do as well!
  • mcodymcody Member Posts: 1
    That seems like a very good price.

I just signed a PO for a Silver/Black 2005 SE with every option (minus cooler box and adaptive headlights but with wood trim) for $45,500 and that one had 6,000 miles on it.

It wasn't "offically" a loaner since the GM was driving it so I didn't get the benefit of the write off as a loaner (another dealer transferred it).

You got the HSE badge (if you care, memory seats, lux package,adaptive headlights, and better sound system, for only $500 more than I paid.

You did well and hopefully like the car.
  • po104po104 Member Posts: 3
    I just got a similar year end deal on a loaded 2005 HSE w/ 4 miles.

MSRP $55,095
    Black/Alpaca
    All options (less Cooler Box)

Selling price ==> $45,795 - that's $9,300 off list. Plus they threw in the rubber mats!

I think it's a great deal. My only concern is that the truck will have the gas tank replaced prior to delivery. Should I be worried? I take delivery later this week. (The truck was built in 6/05)
  • foggypawsfoggypaws Member Posts: 1
    I was just quoted $55,925 for a fully loaded HSE (3rd row seating, HD package, luxury package, DVD Navigation, 19 inch rims, cooler box) (no DVD entertainment system), but this seems very high. What is a realistic price for this car? Any help would be great. Thanks!
    There was a gas tank recall that started in september of last year. In some cases it caused stalling but in my experience that was only about 1% of the vehicles. We had one incident of a car leaking fuel out as well but that was even less common. Your car just sat for months because it could not be sold with a pending recall. I would ask the dealership to drive your car for a while to work out any possible kinks that may have occured because of it sitting for so long.

I do this with all of my cars just to be on the safe side. Easier to have the techs fix a problem that crops up at 40 miles while I am driving it then at 40 miles when you are driving it.
  • jz11jz11 Member Posts: 1
    Bought a blue 2006 LR3 HSE in Massachusetts with heavy duty (HD) and luxury (LUX) packages. MSRP $55,825. Dealer discounted by $3,125. Also applied a $1,500 coupon from Land Rover's web site (valid through 1/9/06). Total price before taxes, fees and $258 "premium carpet" floor mats was $51,200. Dealer invoice per Edmunds is $50,861. As of 1/11/06, there are as yet no manufacturer incentives to replace the prior marketing programs that ran through 1/9/06, per dealer. Also, FYI, an extra key costs an astounding $257!

One question: does anyone have any insights on when or if Land Rover will again offer a wood veneer accessory kit for the LR3? Dealer said unsold inventory of prior kits was recalled by Land Rover, but if Land Rover is not going to offer similar kits in the future, I would try to find one that has not been sent back.
  • ron504ron504 Member Posts: 9
    Shed a little insight on what you think about this deal.. I am considering an 06 HSE with all availables but rear entertainment. MSRP is $5500.00 and the dealer quoted me a 30 month lease with 13,500 miles/yr for $871 per month. My 04 RX330 is $881/mo. on a 36 month lease. The Land Rover dealer is a friend of mine so I didn't get into actual vehicle cost and discounts yet. I just want to be careful. Thanks!!
  • jtflanjtflan Member Posts: 2
    Just got a quote for 2006 HSE w/ Cold Climate Package. $51,100. Based on TMV, seems like a good deal. I would appreciate some feedback.
  • mark156mark156 Member Posts: 1,915
    jz, I bought my 2006 LR3 HSE about five weeks ago. I negotiated that a wood dash be installed. The salesman told me that Land Rover recalled the wood because of warping.

He had another source that had nicer looking wood choices. My dash is real wood with a clear coat on top, very similar to both of my Mercedes (traded the ML500 on the LR3).

I am totally pleased with the look of the wood and it is warranted as as long as I own my vehicle. Since I wasn't totally sure on which wood type/color that I wanted, the salesman took me to a new Range Rover and showed me what a "darker" wood looked like. It was nice but if the LR3's original wood kit was like the Range Rover, it has a rather dull non-glossy look. It's OK, but I like the glossy better.

The wood package retailed at $750. I picked a burled walnut which is a medium dark and very rich looking. Since I have the Alpaca (tan) leather, the tan, grey composite components and black dash are really set off by the warm tones of the glossy walnut. I highly recommend it as it is gorgeous. :blush:

Mark :)
    2010 Land Rover LR4, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Bentley GTC, 1990 MB 500SL, 2001 MB S500, 2007 Lincoln TC, 1964 RR Silver Cloud III, 1995 MB E320 Cab., 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach
  • rover05rover05 Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to find a 2005 HSE with similar options but I don't seem to be able to obtain the same price. I am a couple of thousand off. Where did you purchase yours?
  • skihappyskihappy Member Posts: 1
    I just received a quote on a 2005 HSE fully loaded LR3
    (includes wood package, Dual DVD package and side runners) 18k miles priced at $44k. Is this a good deal? Please help.

Rich in California
  • po104po104 Member Posts: 3
    I purchased my HSE in Sudbury MA (great dealership so far and great sales rep).

Here's how the deal went down. I had to shop around as my local dealer would not come close to the price I negotiated in Sudbury for a new '05 HSE. The salesman origoanly offered me $7000 off the 55k sticker (year end deal). I then asked him to match an $8000 discount I was offered on a $47K '05 SE V8 (no lighting package) at my local dealership. (This is not the same optioned truck, but it showed me that there was room to play.) He matched the offer. I also had a year end $1500 coupon from Land Rover that I brought into play at the beginning of my sales negotiation (both sales reps said I could use the coupon for the purchase of the '05). It was a no brainer, so I put a deposit on the HSE in Sudbury for $9500 off MSRP. When I returned to Sudbury to sign the final purchase agreement, my sales rep discovered that the coupon was only good on '06 models. He was very apologetic, but I held my ground. I pointed out the large $1500 gap in our undrstaning of the purchase price. I then indicted that I needed to leave to take some time to think it over with my wife (I had the whole family with me). Within 5 minutes of leaving the dealership, I got a call on my cell indicating the dealer would increase the discount to $9300 making up most of the difference. Done deal! End of story!

It sounds like your price is comparable less the $1500 coupon. It may just have been my day or the dealership didn't want to lose the sale. I'm not sure which, however I'm very happy with the final price. I'm also certain that the dealer made money. I picked up the Truck last weekend. My wife loves it. It will be her Truck. I get the '93 MB 300E w/250k miles (great car!).
  • dandrews1dandrews1 Member Posts: 184
    Just doing some math (I started out doing this with the Porsche Cayenne, and decided to try it out on the LR3 as well)

With current exchange rate at 1.1206 (CA buys US) the Canadian Dealers seem to be pocketing a large difference in the cost of the vehicle....
    1st column: US MSRP
    2nd Column: CA MSRP
    3rd Column: What the cost should be using today's exchange rate
    4th Column: the difference in cost between the US MSRP and if I bought it in CA$ today at a US dealer. (Ie. how much more we are paying in Canada)

Model / US MSRP / CA MSRP / adjusted / Difference
    LR3 v6 $39,000.00 $53,900.00 $43,703.40 $10,196.60
    LR3 SE $45,700.00 $61,900.00 $51,211.42 $10,688.58
    LR3HSE $53,700.00 $67,900.00 $60,176.22 $7,723.78

Even assuming the exchange rate is abnormally low right now, can someone hypothesize how the dealer rationalizes the differences?

Just in case anyone is interested, I did this same comparison with the Porsche Cayenne and it is much more of a difference! LINK : dandrews1, "Porsche Cayenne: Prices Paid & Buying Experiences" #311, 6 Feb 2006 9:19 am

/DA

/DA
  • dandrews1dandrews1 Member Posts: 184
    Dual - DVDs aren't an option up here in Canada - is that a factory option in the US, or do you know if it was custom installed?

/DA
This discussion has been closed.