Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover LR3 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• grommetgrommet Member Posts: 445
    There is no factory DVD system for LR3 in any market. The official Land Rover (Rosen) "kit" DVD unit is dealer install... and it's a single "all-in-one." See any custom installer.
  • grommetgrommet Member Posts: 445
    You'll find significant pricing differences in many regions/markets... there are many, many factors that are involved when vehicle manufacturers decide on pricing. There is no simple answer. The closest might be: "It's priced to be competitive in the market."

Try comparing UK or German pricing on similar trims for some real fun. :)
  • joeinseajoeinsea Member Posts: 1
    Looking at 06 HSE with luxury/sat radio. Looks like $3500 off MSRP is Edmund's estimate. Any recent deals in the NW, Seattle area in particular? Also, any recommendations on best dealer in area for customer service? Thanks in advance.
  • yhyyhy Member Posts: 8
  • lr3maybelr3maybe Member Posts: 134
    I just got my LR3 from Land Rover Denver East. I had to order it since I wanted it with only certain options. They have a huge selection but not exactly what I wanted. I ordered it from the sales manager in late January and picked it up April 19th. He is not the sales manager now but is still at the dealership and can still make great deals. I agreed to not disclose the price on the internet, but it was well below MSRP. I had no problem getting the price over the phone, in fact I didn't even visit this dealership until I picked up my LR3. Also, this dealership only charges $129 for dealer handling unlike some others that charge up to $500. I was even able to use one of those $1500 off Land Rover discount certificates because we had agreed that I could use any available incentives if one came up while the order was in process.
    So if you want a good deal, contact Denver Land Rover East and ask for the guy that was the sales manager in January and tell him you want a deal like the guy that bought the Silver/Alpaca V8 SE on April 19th.
  • guitarsandcarsguitarsandcars Member Posts: 1
    Just took delivery of an LR3 V-6 with the cold package, 7 seat option, premium package and satellite radio. Paid $41,900.00 before tax and got the dealer to throw in 1st and 2nd seat rubber mats. Can't wait to take it off road!
  • absintheabsinthe Member Posts: 2
    Pre-owned with 100 miles only, LR3 HSE w/Luxury Package & Heavy Duty Package, for a flat $50,000... seems like a good deal to me...

What do you afficionados think? All comments welcome, and thanks!
  • angelboingangelboing Member Posts: 16
    A dealer here in LA is offering me a new LR3 V8 SE with rear seat & lighting packages, PTI/bluetooth, cooler box, and navigation (MSRP $52,600) for $550/month including tax. The lease is for 24 months, 10,000 mi/yr, with a total drive off $4000. The money factor they had available was .00190.

I am seeing newspaper and online ads for leases at around $400/month, with a $5000 initial payment for LR3 V8 SEs with MSRPs at $50,000 (no rear seat, or no navigation), so the numbers they qupted me didn't seem too far off. Do you think I can get a better monthly payment or negotiate for a lower drive off fee?

Does anyone have any feedback about the Hornburg, Encino, or South Bay dealerships here in the LA area? (appointment times, service departments, loaner policy, off-road events, etc.)
  • morocco2morocco2 Member Posts: 43
    I just leased a 2007 Land Rover LR3 HSE, Tonga/Alpaca from Land Rover Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The retail price was $72,794 with a $2,500.00 rebate for a total of $70,294 (canadian dollars) It is a 39 month lease with 75,000km allowance. The monthly lease payment is $1131.20 including all taxes. Dealer included rubber mats for all three rows and split the cost 50/50 for luggage rack crossbars. Residual value is set at $40,373.20 and APR is 4.9%

I will take delivery in 2 to 3 weeks. So far the service from the sales department has been excellent. :shades:
    They provided an LR3 for a full day to allow me to test drive with my family.
  • jmstachjmstach Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone have an idea when the 2007 LR3 will start showing up in the States. My dealer did a build for me and and I checked with them yesterday (10 OCT) and they told me that maybe by the Jan'07 it will show up but could not give me a definite
    Thanks
  • mmoreno1978mmoreno1978 Member Posts: 106
    Was the rate better than what LR was offering?
  • stillwatersstillwaters Member Posts: 33
    Hi,

I just paid a flat $36,000.00 for a new 2006 LR3 with V6, SE Premium Package, and Cold Weather Package. I am hoping this was a pretty good deal. I hate to part with too much $$$ for a car...

Keith
  • jgpersijgpersi Member Posts: 4
    i paid 36,400 i have cold/premium/rear seat-climate pkg and sirius radio also prem paint black orig msrp 46,300
    Wow! You did great. Mine originally retailed for $43,300.00 and I thought that the $7,300.00 discount I received was about as good as it got. How long have you had yours and how hard did you have to negotiate the price you got?

Keith
  • bigsexcgbigsexcg Member Posts: 7
    I have a dealer offering a new 06 LR3 with rear seat/climate, sirius, bluetooth, lighting, cold weather for $42k. Does this sound like a good deal?
    pick it up 10/31 land rover was giving rebates of 6000 for v6 and 5000 for v8's called one other dealer he said 36,600 went back to orig. dealer and said give me best offer he said 36,500 i said no will go to other dealer agreed to 36,400 like truck except for gas mileage and heated windshield
    joe
    "...land rover was giving rebates of 6000 for v6 and 5000 for v8's."

And there is my issue. When I decided to buy a LR3, I looked all over the internet for any mention of any factory to dealer incentives. Every place I looked (Edmunds, KBB, ect) all said "No incentives at this time."

Yet I KNEW there had to be incentives out there because a number of dealerships were advertising $3,000.00 + under cost. Since dealerships are not in the business of losing money, I knew there had to be an unpublished incentive on these vehicles, but for the life of me I could not find ANY mention of it. I "googled" scores of internet pages and all I could find was "No incentives at this time."

This brings me to my point. Up until a couple of years ago, sites like "Edmunds" prided themselves on not just reporting published cash backs, but digging down and revealing all the unpublished/hidden cash backs, dealer hold backs, and factory to dealer incentives that we car buyers WERE NOT supposed to know about. Edmunds.com was truly and SOLELY on the side of the car buyer at that time.

Now it seems, sites like Edmunds.com have become nothing more than a means for car dealerships to get leads on customers. They all provide some basic info on retail/cost number, then prompt you at every click of your mouse to register your name and phone number so that you can receive "multiple internet pricing offers" which of course never arrive. Instead you start receiving telephone calls and e-mails from car local dealerships, trying to get you to come in without EVER providing the very "quote" these website(s) promised.

I think Edmunds, KBB, and other sites have gone completely to the "dark side" and are no longer acting in the best interests of the consumer.

Keith
    you see all the ads from car company $$$$ will make you sleep with the devil. had same results when researching but the dealership told me about the rebate this was in NY
    Well I guess I can take some comfort in that based on my investigation, I reasoned there had to be AT LEAST a $4,000.00 rebate on the truck and I negotiated accordingly.

In any case, the vehicle has been absolutely perfect and I have no complaints. As I see it, $7,300.00 off of sticker sure beats paying list price.

Good luck with your LR3. These are truly great trucks...

Keith
  • pfolkpfolk Member Posts: 70
    Edmunds states that '06 LR3's are currently getting $6,000 in factory to dealer marketing support. How should that factor into selling price? I'm talking with a dealer in AZ now, trying to make a deal before year end on an L3 HSE with all options except DVD entertainment package. He is quoting an estimated price, which includes the cost of trucking the vehicle to AZ from CA, taxes, license, title, etc. of $52K as a cash price out the door. That doesn't sound too bad on a vehicle that would book at $56K. Comments? Recommendations?
    I bought my LR3 last month during the $6,000.00 "marketing Support" (In other words, "rebate."). Unfortunately, although I knew there was some sort of rebate going on, I could not get find any info regarding size of rebate, etc. I guessed it had to be about $4,000.00 and shopped accordingly. As a result, I managed to get the LR3 for about $3,500.00 under original "cost," but because of the $6,000.00 in marketing support, the dealer was still able to make over $2,000.00 profit which I feel was not appropriate considering this was at the end of the model year.

Great truck though! We LOVE IT! And now that I have vented my frustration, allow me to address your question:

A $56,000.00 LR3 cost the dealer about $51,000.00 originally. Subtract the $6,000.00 incentive and the truck now costs the dealer $45,000.00. Add no more than $600.00 extra shipping (CA to AZ), and a $250.00 dealer to dealer doc fee (nobody gets anything for free), and the total now comes to $45,850.00. Add another possible $250.00 local doc fee that in many cases the dealership charges the sales department for (they pass it onto you by charging you $400.00 to $500.00) and the dealer now owes $46,000.00 for the truck. I would give the dealer no more than $1,000.00 profit (since they did have to find it and get it to you), and that results in a total purchase price of $47,000.00

I would pay the dealer no more than $47,000.00 + tax & tags for this vehicle...

I hope this helps...

Keith
  • appletiggerappletigger Member Posts: 2
    I just got a quote from local LR dealer on 2006 LR3 V6 with Prem. Pkg, Rear Seat/Climate Pkg, Sat. Radio for $35,750. Original MSRP is $44700. Do you think this is a good price?
    I still think I can go lower than that....
    Great deal! Go for it, you won't be sorry...:) I LOVE my LR3 V6! (Besides, I paid what you did and did not get the 7 passenger seating)

Keith :D
  • lr34me2lr34me2 Member Posts: 2
    I too just received a quote for an out of state dealer wanting $46,500 for an 06 HSE (new) w/ Lux. I am aware of the incentives from LR to dealers ($6,000) and wanted to know if anyone had suggestions on whether this is a good price. Also, I completed a LR questionaire recently (2 days ago) and have yet to receive my $1,500 coupon from LR. How long does it take for them to e-mail it to you? Thanks.
    "too just received a quote for an out of state dealer wanting $46,500 for an 06 HSE (new) w/ Lux. I am aware of the incentives from LR to dealers ($6,000) and wanted to know if anyone had suggestions on whether this is a good price..."

That $46,500.00 represents dealer cost minus the full $6,000.00 rebate. I would say you are getting a very good deal.

I believe that $1,500.00 coupon is probably for a 07. I can not see LR giving $1,500.00 on top of the $6,000.00 they are already providing on the 06...

Keith
  • appletiggerappletigger Member Posts: 2
    I picked up '06 LR3 V3 with Prem. pkg + rear seat/Climate pkg + Cold Pkg. last night.
    I paid $35,750 +tax & Lic.
    There's a minor defect on the 3rd row sunroof blind. I didn't realize it until I got home. I guess I have to go back and fix it. I also noticed the engine noise is little weired it sounds more like, "Boorururummmm~", rather than Boooooom~".... i'm not good at describing things.. sorry. On the freeway, I noticed it rattles a little. It's not a smooth ride and my guess is tires are not balanced or something... I don't know. Due to these "little minor problems..", I'm not quite happy as I should be... Any thoughts?

Thanks Guys~
  • bgsntthbgsntth Member Posts: 92
    I'm having a tough time with my local dealers negotiating on 2005 LR3s. I need to take advantage of the Section 179 tax deduction (i.e., vehicles >6K for biz use), but can only afford to spend about $32K. For a 2005 previous loaner(V8, DVD only) with 27K miles, the dealer is firm at $36K-marked down from $40K (Blue Book). TMV is about $33K, which I think is actually quite high considering the $6K incentives on new ones.

When I mentioned Edmunds TMV, the salesman spouted that, "those book publishers don't know anything about cars, we use KBB". I think we all know how revered KBB is when we are negotiating Trade-in value.

Is $32K for a prior loaner realistic?
    There's a minor defect on the 3rd row sunroof blind. I didn't realize it until I got home. I guess I have to go back and fix it. I also noticed the engine noise is little weired it sounds more like, "Boorururummmm~", rather than Boooooom~".... i'm not good at describing things.. sorry. On the freeway, I noticed it rattles a little. It's not a smooth ride and my guess is tires are not balanced or something... I don't know. Due to these "little minor problems..", I'm not quite happy as I should be... Any thoughts?

Geez,I don't know what to say. I did not get as good a deal as you did (I paid what you paid, but did not get the rear seat package). But I gotta tell you. The only problem I have had is that my sun roof needs a minor adjustment (I have to hold the "close" button to get the roof to close all the way. The "one touch" doesn't seem to work). Other than that, my LR3 has been perfect. No rattles, no funny sounds. The car is tight as a drum and rides like a Cadillac.

Was your LR3 a loaner or something?

Keith :confuse:
  • rrssocalrrssocal Member Posts: 2
    I'm having trouble finding any dealerships in Southern California willing to honor my x-plan pricing. Has anyone else had any problems like this or have any possible solutions? Thanks.
  • skidadleskidadle Member Posts: 17
    I am in the process of buying a new 06, V6 LR3 now. It has the premium package with the 3rd row seat, dual climate, winter package, and I think the rest is standard. My price is $36,000 which I think is the best I can get. They are using the entire $6000 incentive off the price. The MSRP is $45,500. I think the typical LR buyer wants a V8 with all the extras so the normal clientile looks past this car. However, this pricing got me to look at the LR3 when I would not have considered it north of $40,000. In researching the resale value it should hold around 57% over 2 years.
    I don't think they have a choice do they? Thought it is mandated by Ford. You may want to call Ford and ask.
  • british_roverbritish_rover Member Posts: 8,502
    X-plan pricing is at the disgression of the dealer and they do not have to honor it if they do not want to.

I would find it kind of odd that they wouldn't offer it on a LR3 though as there are usually enough LR3s in stock that selling a few at X-plan pricing does not hurt.
    Ford offers Xplan pricing to employee's and their friends. It is 4% over dealer invoice. One way to see if you think your deal is good is to research the dealer invoice based on your options. Add the 4% and see how close the price is to your quote.
    I am in the process of buying the same car. My price is $36,000 so I think you did fine.

Jeff
    Can you tell me anything about this survey? Where can I find it?
    Do you know how to get the discount cert?

Thanks
  • bgsntthbgsntth Member Posts: 92
    The LRNA.com site had this posted, but did not have any of the specifics (e.g., Gross cap costs, MF, Res, mile allowance etc.). Anyone have any specifics? I want to know whether to go in requesting this deal straight-up, or just have it in reserve?

I'm looking to lease (2-3years), and have a goal price of $8500 below invoice and no junk fees for a V8 SE with Rear-seat, Climate and a dealer-installed DVD system. Resonable? MF? Residuals? I'll be sending email requests for quotes tomorrow to all the SF Bay area dealers.

Thanks!
  • 1thunder1thunder Member Posts: 9
    Hi everyone

I am new to the site and it is quite informative. I am about to pick up my new Rover tomorrow got a sweet deal $34K out the door 2006 LR3 V6 SE new. My question is is it worth the extra $2400 to get the V8 or is the V6 a good performer?

Thanks
    Can i ask what dealership / state you are getting this from? the $2400 difference for the V8, I believe, is a good deal and should hold its value. Did you check out the LR website and see what it costs to add that option? What equipment package / options did you get at this price?
    the v6 is the se version as in title. Cold climate rear heat se premium package sun roof leather 6 cd harmon etc.

the V8 I believe is an SE and not sure but the V8 may have some miles on it as a loaner car???

I am in New England
    I am in the market as well. Can you send me the name of the dealer.
    give me your email address
    jeff-smith@comcast.net
    comes back undeliverable??
    That is the correct address.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    Go to Display Preferences and mark your e-mail as public..

That way, other members can just click on the link.. No typos possible..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• sonvolt10sonvolt10 Member Posts: 1
    I am considering purchasing a used 2006 LR3 S (not an SE or HSE but the base model S) with the 3rd row/cold climate package with 10,000 miles on it for $30,000?

It was a Land Rover loaner vehilce.

I'm concerned that the resale on the base model with the 6 cyl. engine will not retain enough of its value to justify the purchase.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • wstuart1wstuart1 Member Posts: 3
    Keith: Was this analysis for a 2006? I am looking at a new 2006 fuly loaded LR3 V8...
  • rwalker3rwalker3 Member Posts: 1
    I have been working with a dealership to purchase their 2006 LR3 V8 HSE demo model

MSRP $54,300
    Invoice $49,900
    Price to me $44,900
    7,500 miles on the vehicle
    No trade in, great credit, minimal financing
    Usual bells and whistles - 3rd row, climate package, etc., no DVD or nav

Is this a good deal or this late in the game (2007) should I be driving a harder bargain with them and if so what? Would it be wiser to look at leasing rather than an outright purchase?
  • jleuerjleuer Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in purchasing a 2007 LR3 SE with few options (heavy duty package only). I will pay cash and have no trade in.

What are the current hidden incentives and what can I expect to pay for this vehicle in So. Cal.?

Invoice is $45K
This discussion has been closed.