Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover LR3 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
What are you being quoted? What did you pay?

Comments

• bjsbenzbjsbenz Member Posts: 14
    I got my SE7 at the end of December and paid $1,250 over invoice which was about $3,000 off of sticker. Made my deal at the end of the month which probably gave the dealer more incentive to "deal" and add another "unit" to their monthly/year end numbers. Glen Cove, NY dealer was great!!!
  • lovelr3lovelr3 Member Posts: 5
    I got my HSE in Feb with adaptive headlights, rear seats, rear climate, cold climate. Waited 3 months and paid full price for it. Also had a dvd($2300) and wood kit put in. The dealer, Princeton Landrover, was great to work with.
  • rov3rrov3r Member Posts: 7
    I dealt with nearly every dealer in the Southern California area. In the end, I found my SE7 at SYMES in Pasadena. They were truly stellar! I bought the vehicle on the Ford X-plan (4% over invoice). They prep'ed it and the next day hauled it up to my home (100mi away) on a flat bed.
  • leapoffaithleapoffaith Member Posts: 6
    I just ordered an HSE7 and paid MSRP. Dealer wouldn't negotiaye on price. Did get $200 off from an Auto Show promotion. However, got 50% off, about $2,500 on accessories.
  • beargator56beargator56 Member Posts: 35
    I have had my LR3 for a week now. I got it with my x-plan at 46k on a 52k sticker. It's an HSE model.

The buying experience was the best I have ever had. They patiently waited for me to get my x-plan pin number for a week, even though 3 other people had put deposits down after me if my deal fell through.

The salesman stayed late to help explain the ins and outs of the LR3 and Land Rover in general. When I purchased my old Lincoln LS, there was nowhere near this level of customer service. It was more like...here's the keys...see ya!
  • stats1stats1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello-

What is the X-Plan? Could you please explain more about in detail?

Stats1
  • tzotzo Member Posts: 95
    btw, my experience with this dealer, so far anyway, has been quite good. I put a deposit down on a SE, then instead bought an HSE out of town. LRSJ gave me my deposit back with an excellent attitude and offered to help me with whatever problems I had with my HSE. The walk in from the cold experience was pretty good too. Gave me test drive, info, all at my pace. Next week I check out their service dept.
  • travelinmantravelinman Member Posts: 28
    I put a deposit for an SE7 at Hornburg (Beverly Hills) in December. They said it would be there by "mid-January". By mid-January, they were saying "next week", and the week after it was "next week". "There are issues in the port." "There are issues with the Navigation system." And, I had to call each time. The salesperson was extremely unhelpful and did not keep me in the loop at all. So I pulled my deposit and found a fully loaded SE7 at Land Rover Dallas, and drove it back to So Cal. LR Dallas was very helpful. But I definitely would not recommend Hornburg.
  • cfycfy Member Posts: 1
    I live in a suburb of Atlanta and have access to the A-plan or X-plan via a brother in law who works for Hertz. I have bought Ford vehicles using this means a few times and it is the best! However, when going to a local Land Rover dealer and inquiring about an LR3, I was told that demand is so great that they are not offering these type of deals. They say they might once demand dies down, probably at the end of the year when the '06's come out. Anybody out there deal with a similar situation?
    Thanks!
  • landy manlandy man Member Posts: 39
    In October we paid list on the loaded SE7 and got a discount on "kit." We were the first to take delivery from the dealer of a LR-3. Maybe could have gotten a better deal if we began to walk, but needed wheels and wanted the LR3.
  • lr3lr3 Member Posts: 1
    My Lr3 is expected to arrive this month,pretty excited,I would like to get some reviews from the people who already own it.The dealer has given me price of 54K for 7s,hdp,cc,tp.
  • tzotzo Member Posts: 95
    that sounds high. I paid 54 for HSE with every option but coolerbox.
  • 3rdgin3rdgin Member Posts: 22
    My experience around in NC is full MSRP which will end up putting the vehicle around the 58k range with the options I want. My conclusion is that I can afford to wait until pricing comes down and some of the vehicles glitches are fixed and possibly new features on the model. I really wanted to pull the trigger but logic over ruled that decision. I am currently in a 03 Expedition so I am in no hurry. It's not the price but it is a combination of things.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    More than a few LR dealers here in NC are one price dealers and don't negotiate much. You either buy it or you don't. If there are no factory incentives, you pay MSRP.
  • saundersccsaunderscc Member Posts: 3
    i went in told them what i wanted, blue, alpaca hse with adaptive lights, cooler box, convenience package, brush bar, lights, body molding, rubber mats, rubber cargo mat. they found one with exactly my combination plus tow package in new orleans. 10-days later, i went and picked up my new lr3 with 7 miles on it. they didn't ask me for a deposit and got me better financing than land rover's 4.9%. i paid like 51,300 before ttl with a reasonable market value on my trade. i didn't steal it, but i basically got exactly what i wanted and didn't have to order or wait for the hse of my choice. transaction was simple and smooth. if you're in the market, talk to the boys in san antonio.
  • letterrepletterrep Member Posts: 12
    I just picked up a blk/blk SE, fully loaded, minus HDC. Besides 19" wheels opposed to 18"s, two additional seat controls and the boosted stereo I couldn't really find a difference that I couldn't add as an option. Anyone else?

No complaints about the dealer, although he wasn't as familiar with the truck as I was (thanks to this forum prepping me before I bought)...it was a good thing I was there. In any case, I was sold long before I walked in the door...just his day I guess.

One thing...I think this dealer, and maybe many others, are missing the boat on a great sales technique. Buying a LR is more than just buying a great car...there are a lot of LR benefits that are part of it: concierge, driving schools, LR off-road events, etc. If I were a dealer (I say this because of all the dealers I spoke to none gave me this approach), after we'd discussed the vehicle, I'd put it aside and start explaining all the LR lifestyle benefits that come with it. When I finished, I'd tell my client to then go look at the Merc, the BMW, the Infiniti, etc., and ask their dealers about the Merc, BMW, Infiniti lifestyle that comes with new vehicles. I bet I'd see the clients again.

Anyway, love my LR3 and thanks to this board for arming me with lots of ammunition before I went in.

~R
  • gwellandgwelland Member Posts: 23
    I picked up a fully loaded 5 seat Silver HSE with Expedition Rack, A-Bar, guards, etc. Got a good trade on my Z06 and picked up a $1k discount & free tent as I purchased a motor-show vehicle at the Portland Motor Show. Land Rover Portland.

I was happy, dealer was happy and I skipped the waitlist for HSE delivery. It seems that SE's are easy to find but HSE's don't seem to available unless ordered.

Purchase was painless. Sticker price, no price 'adjustments' and none of the typical crap that goes on at other retail dealers.

Dealership very accomodating as we work through a couple of vehicle issues and generally a very professional outfit. Service has been excellent and each time I've dropped off my vehicle for service or my warranty item they've given me a loaner and always valet'd the LR3.
  • nimajavanimajava Member Posts: 8
    Just purchased
    Black SE
    navi
    lighting package
    convenience package
    2nd row climate

$46012.75 - $1,000 land rover loyalty

$45012.75 plus fees.

I think I did pretty well!
  • ypshanypshan Member Posts: 103
    $5K below MSRP! Nimajava, That's a great price.

Could you post your dealer? Thanks.
  • nimajavanimajava Member Posts: 8
    I went through symes passadena in california...

email me and I will give you salespersons name!
  • hobbes1hobbes1 Member Posts: 1
    Since I work for the DOD in Germany, I took advantage of the tax-free deals available to us here. They don't haggle, but around $47K for a fully loaded HSE is pretty good to start. That includes $3000 in upgrades. Add the benefit of no taxes and licencing fees, and I think I got a steal. Out the door for under $48K! I am still waiting for delivery though, and it's killing me!
  • forcereconforcerecon Member Posts: 1
    Please email name of sales guide. I don't know if they will be as flexible on a fully loaded HSE, but I'm in small market of 3 dealers and they must all get together and compare notes, drink beer and agree to support each others pricing policies.
  • kevinlkevinl Member Posts: 3
    Does 54k include Tax, Title & Reg Fees?
  • kevinlkevinl Member Posts: 3
    My dealer mentioned they could not negotiate on accessories. Which accessories did you get a discount on?
  • rovernut3rovernut3 Member Posts: 11
    I bought a LR3 in Feburary and I am on my dealer's email list. Anyway, I got an email today advertising $3000 off all SE LR3's and $10000 off 2005 Range Rovers. They gave me a fair deal so thought I would pass it on. Rosenthal Land Rover in DC.
  • ngnewyorkngnewyork Member Posts: 1
    I have finalized the following deal. Any thoughts if this is a good deal?

SE7 Grey and Black
    800 dealer miles (unreg)
    Nav, Cold Climate, Rear Seat, 7seater, Lighting, PDC, Heavy Duty and Tow Packages

MSRP 53,700
    Offer 50,000 - cash
    lease 635 for 2 yrs
  • sivartsivart Member Posts: 7
    could u tell me who you dealt with? I'm acuatlly looking for a lease, I saw Rusnk has 499+tax right now.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    We don't allow salespeople's names, so the member can post dealership name, city and state only.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• dg417dg417 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a SE7 with all options except the tow package. The 51K also included the dealer installed DVD player (which my daughter loves), wood trim package, and front window tints. I think the price was ok...but I was very happy with the whole experience. Dealer was friendly and really knew the car inside and out, he also took the time to explain everything thoroughly.

I've only had the car 3 weeks and put about 700 miles on it, so far so good. Its seems like a great car and fun to drive. My only 2 complaint is the seats are not very soft...the should have made the seats a little softer, and the wood trim package looks cheap.
  • marczmarcz Member Posts: 17
    In your post of 4-17, you indicated you paid $50K for your truck with a $635 monthly lease payment for 2 years. Would you mind sharing how much you put down, the residual value, and the lease factor? Thanks.
  • fabjunfabjun Member Posts: 2
    The factory invoice on a fully loaded HSE comes to $50221. This includes the cold climate, convenience package, heavy duty, 3rd row seat package, rear aircon, adj. head lamps and tow package. MSRP comes to $55120. I am now ready to go back to the dealer to talk numbers. However I just cannot gauge if I got a good deal or not and usually come out wondering if I could have gotten a better deal. Would like anyone's opinion as to what would be considered a good deal or at least a fair deal. These numbers do not include tax, title and license.
  • simcitysimcity Member Posts: 1
    nimajava, I would also like to get the name of your salesperson at Symes. What's the best way to connect outside this board? Your email address is currently listed as private...
  • fabjunfabjun Member Posts: 2
    BTW, I had called up Symes in Pasedena about 5 days ago for someone to call me regarding the HSE. No one even cared to return the call.
  • flownerflowner Member Posts: 42
    Does any neogitate that they will receive a loaner if the vechicle is in the shop? Also what type do you neogiate.
  • tdo123tdo123 Member Posts: 102
    So did you buy a car from yourself or were you just giving a plug for your role as the Internet manager!!??!!
  • cppcpp Member Posts: 33
    Wow, what a coincidence! I just moved to the Chicagoland area about 5 months ago, and have decided to buy an LR3, but don't have any experience with any of the dealers around here. Now, here's a post from someone singing the praises about the dealership he bought his LR3 from. I have to admit I was a little cynical, given that you had never posted here before and were so over the top in describing what the dealer could do for out-of-staters, even though you had no reason to care. I have to admit I was truly amazed to see that the very next post was from the very same guy, fessing up that we couldn't really trust him... That takes true gumption! Thanks for helping me make my decision - I love a good deal, but I'd rather have a good dealer. Anyone have any experience with LR Hoffman Estates? They're closer to me, and haven't made total boobs of themselves, which gives them a huge leg up on some of the competition...
  • arontaront Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to lease an HSE for 36 months with about 15000miles a year, but every time I walk into a dealership they are telling me that lease rates are around $850 a month. Personally I think that is high, especially because I have x-plan. So I went on to leasecompare.com and put in the figures and it gave me a price of around $600.00? How does x-plan work with outside leasing agencies, and is that price anywhere near where it should be?
  • dstolidstoli Member Posts: 5
    Dealers are getting full sticker on HSE's or more because there are so few. But they are quite a bit more motivated to move SE's. I was told I could not get X-Plan on an HSE, but could get X-Plan on an SE that is loaded to almost the same equipment as HSE. I bought the SE at about $3500K off of a sticker (about the same as X-Plan) of nearly $53K and I'm happy. The only real difference is the HSE stereo and wheels -- and if you want to bring your lease rates down, I bet they would be far more willing to cut you a better rate on the loaded SE. Also, remember LR will pay you a $1,000 loyalty rebate on top of the dealer's discount if you own an LR now.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Sorry, folks - the messages are now gone. Feel free to e-mail a host if you see something amiss!

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• cronercroner Member Posts: 2
    That sounds like a reasonable deal...could you please tell me the state and dealership. I'm having a difficult time finding an honest lease price. Need help!!!!
  • cronercroner Member Posts: 2
    Hello, what dealership are you guys referring to. What has been your monthly lease quotes?

Thanks
    Hello all: I see there is an ongoing discussion about leasing, and having leased two Land Rovers, I wanted to make sure everyone knew the exact formula for determining how the monthly lease amount is calculated. Here it is:
    [(Cap. cost - resid. value)/# months] + [(Cap. cost + resid. value) x (money factor)]To this sum, you must add the percentage sales tax for your state. This will be the total monthly lease amount. Note that the Cap.cost is the net sale price of the car, so if the MSRP is $50,000 and you get a $1,000 discount and have a $5,000 trade-in or down payment, the Cap cost will be $44,000. The resid. value is the amount set by the lease company for what the car will be worth at the end of the lease term. The money factor is expressed in decimal form, such as .0013. This decimal multiplied by 2,400 will equal the interest rate in more familiar terms: .0013 x 2,400 = 3.12%. Sometimes, when you ask for the money factor, the salesperson has been trained to mislead you by saying something like "it's 1.3", which makes you think it's 1.3%, whereas in fact it's .0013, which is really 3.12%.

If you study the lease formula, the first term represents the portion of the car's value you pay for during your lease, while the second term is the "interest", or profit, to the lease company.

The problem is that federal law does not require auto dealers to disclose all of the variables, so it is almost impossible to know how the variables are being manipulated unless you ask for the numbers and plug them into the formula yourself. In fact, the money factor is not even required to be disclosed on the final lease documents; all that is required is to state the total cost for the "interest" portion of the lease, in addition to the Cap. cost and residual value. Obviously the Cap. cost is negotiable, and so is the money factor, especially if you have information on other competing programs from your bank or credit union, or other sources such as www.leasecompare.com.

The residual value, while usually not negotiable, can be manipulated. First, the residual value should always be calculated as a percentage of MSRP, not as a percentage of your Cap. cost. This is because the car is worth the same residual value at the end of the term regardless of what you pay for it now. In my example, if MSRP is $50,000 and you get a $1,000 discount, if the residual value is set at 57% for a 3-year lease, it's 57% of $50,000 ($28,500), not 57% of $49,000 ($27,930). The same would be true if you paid $1,000 above MSRP for the car. Second, the residual value is adjusted downward by the lease companies every quarter of the model year. The highest residual is in the October-December quarter when the new models first come out, and then it goes down from there. The reason is that as the year progresses, the car will be worth less after the fixed lease term. This is why it makes sense to lease at the beginning of the model year. Third, the lease company should add the MSRP of all permanent, factory or dealer-installed options to the MSRP, and then apply the residual percentage. For example, if the MSRP is $50,000, and the dealer throws in the DVD system for free, the MSRP should be an additional $1,700 (per the LR web site) higher, or $51,700. You then take 57% of that number for the residual value. This is because the car is worth more at the end of the lease with the DVD. If you add a lot of these options to the car, it will make a significant difference in the monthly lease cost to include them in the MSRP for purposes of calculating the residual value. Note that you cannot include removable options like floor mats in the MSRP for purposes of the residual.

Hope this is helpful, and if anyone has questions or comments, feel free to contact me separately at mlz@adcl.com.
  • sumosamasumosama Member Posts: 4
    I had the same experience with an x plan. In fact, it was only on the day I was picking up the vehicle that they said they could not honor it on an HSE. See ya, was my response. I found a dealer that honored it!
  • sumosamasumosama Member Posts: 4
    Howdy! New here, so please be patient!

Wanting to lease an LR3. Nothing down. 750 + fico. Sticker price is $54,945. We have an x-plan price of $52,039. Plenty of income.

What type of money factor should I expect?

(I keep getting quotes of 0.00329 or so, which seems really high! I would hate to get a great deal, then get hosed on the financing!!!)
    Yes, that translates to over 7.8%. I just got a quote on a lease factor from a dealer of .0025 for a 36-month lease on an SE, 57% residual, 15K miles per year. It was .0029 for a 48 month lease. They may vary the money factor depending on the model (SE vs. HSE), length of lease, and allowed miles. Check out www.leasecompare.com; also www.fleetrates.com; they have much lower money factors. FYI, Land Rover Capital also has an option to pay the lease up front in a lump sum; they will give you a discount on the money factor of between 10-30% depending on the term of the lease.
  • dmelnik1dmelnik1 Member Posts: 11
    I have dealt with Hoffman Estate time to time. I wish I leaved closer to them. Unfortunately i am close to Lake Bluff Land Rover and their service is not so good.
    On couple of occasions, I chose to waste time and take my car to Hoffman Estate. I also tried to buy Land Rover twice from Lake Bluff and they treat me poorly and giving me ridiculously expensive offers. Land Rover of Winnetka and Barrington (Barrington location is closed now, some of sales people were moved to Hoffman Estate) were a lot better about trying to get my business. I am sure when it is time to replace my Land Rover I will go to one of those places

I hope it is useful
  • cppcpp Member Posts: 33
    Thanks for the insight...
  • kandgkandg Member Posts: 53
    Paid $47,785 for HSE7 in Buckingham Blue/ Black Interior. Optioned with cold weather package, convenience package, Rear Seat Package, Towing Package..basically came with everything else..Lighting, Navigation, upgraded wheels (terrible tire choice though) Lexicon DSP etc. Deleted the rear seat dvd player as i like to do my own installation in this area (preference of proprietary hardware) Only thing wished for was the cooler box but realized that a regular cooler was just as good.

Will add Brush guard, Roof Rack, Winch, Skid plates if anyone can point me in a preferable direction.

Wishes..if only Rover offered a cloth/synthetic interior. not a fan of leather or it's upkeep. Delete options such as auto sensing wipers (not a big fan of them). That's pretty much it

Others considered, Volvo XC90 v8 and BMW X5 3.0, 4.4 and 4.8is

Volvo test drive: Overboosted steering but nice comfort and ergonomics. Engine seemed a bit peaky and noisier. Seems everyone has a volvo. Wanted something a little more unique.

BMW..3 litre only one with manual option (big plus). but good torque best fuel economy here.but fully optioned was more expensive than the LR3 ..v8's when optioned were hard to justify price esp. considering the only difference between the 6 and 8 cylinders was 1 second in acceleration time. towing capacities were the same across the board. Have BMW's already so wanted to try a different marque.

LR3: Buying experience as simple as our previous experience buying BMW. Fill out sheet, check off what you want, locate your financing and put $1000 down to commit to the build. Pick up car on assigned date. Couldn't be easier or simpler. Why would you want to shop any other way.

Each of the trucks were pretty equivalent when fully optioned but the LR3 was the best value:

Ford PAG deep pockets R&D
    Rover heritage
    BMW suspension development, lighting and various other technologies
    Jaguar motor

pretty decent lineages!
  • grommetgrommet Member Posts: 445
    kandg, I gotta ask... how did you get a $47K price for a loaded HSE configuration? That's a $54K MSRP or ~$49K "invoice" LR3. It's not like loaded LR3s are collecting dust on dealer's lots!
This discussion has been closed.