Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Land Rover LR3 Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

123457»

Comments

• kennyyukennyyu Member Posts: 16
    hey do you mind telling me which dealer in nj? and do you know if they had any more 2008 lr3 se or hse left? would appreciate your reply. thanks.
  • lr3maniaclr3maniac Member Posts: 7
    land rover in paramus, nj

follow this link:
    http://www.landroverparamus.com/inventory/?newused=n
    search for 2008 new lr3s and sort by price. about 6 lr3s listed for 39k will come up. however, if you open them up you will notice most of them are 35.9k in the comments field. good luck and let me know if you can talk them down even further.
  • kennyyukennyyu Member Posts: 16
    thanks for the info. i'll see if they will still honor $35.9 thousand for new lr3..at this point i won't even bother trying to beat lower than that. just hope they still have enough lr3 left to do the deal..will let you know after the deal finalize..
  • aau007aau007 Member Posts: 5
    Just checked the prices for 2008 LR3 this morning and there is a roughly $9000 price increase. Has LR taken away all the incentives that ended on 3/31/09?

BTW, I got mine at $14,500 off windows sticker of a SE.
  • roverduderoverdude Member Posts: 12
    Does anyone know if they are going to have any more rebates on the 2008's LR3's?
  • gibeachbabygibeachbaby Member Posts: 9
    I had a 2000 Nissan X-Terra SE had total pay-off and over $150K miles due to on-road sales ready for trade-in, had plans on purchasing 4runner w/out 4wd...and many dealerships gave me the run around on pricing and availability on a 2009.
    They wanted to sell me a 2008 4runner for almost the same price as I purchased my 2008 Land Rover LR3.
    I found this pricing by going to two different dealerships in Houston 1st one off of hwy 59 wanted to sell me a 2008 off the showroom floor in Buckingham blue no mileage for over $38K, next dealership I contacted I'm proud to say Land Rover Houston, at 7019 Old Katy Road gave me the same color, same year with 4755 mileage @ 31,706.40. Paperwork was ready to go dealership and sales person walked me thoroughly through the process no haggling, no BS. Satisfied and my first LR3 Land Rover. MSJ :-)
  • shadissonshadisson Member Posts: 2
    I am thinking of buying a new 2008 LR3 HSE. It has the luxury package, cold climate package and some sort of body styling package which adds $4,000 to MSRP. Also has a clear mask and painted wheel wells which adds another $2,000. The overall MSRP is about $60K but they say there is a dealer rebate which brings it to $52K (plus other stuff I wanted to add). Compared to what I see on this site it seems like its too much. They don't seem to want to go any lower? I love the way it looks. Should I get it? Also, never had a Land Rover before but all the reviews talk about poor reliability. Since they pay for routine maintenance and warranty it seems that it couldn't be that bad? Is it really that unreliable? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • britman4britman4 Member Posts: 27
    Walk away

This should be no more than 42-44 now that an LR4 is out in 2010
  • socalrover1socalrover1 Member Posts: 2
    I bought my LR3 HSE in March of 2008 w/ lux, cold & heavy duty package. It is my first Land Rover. I have to say that I love this vehicle!! I've never enjoyed a car so much. I too worried about the reliability, but the dealer warranty is very reassuring. I've a couple issues that we're easily fixed during a normal oil change. The LR3 is so versatile on the road and off. Good luck!
  • freeforfrank1freeforfrank1 Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted on a 2008 demo LR3 with abount 5K miles with tech, cold climate and light package. They quoted me $38K for it and said the warranty (4year/50k mile) started in 2007, so the car basically comes with only 2 year warranty. Is that a deal that I should take? Wish I can get the great deal that people got here.
  • shadissonshadisson Member Posts: 2
    I bought my LR3 two months ago and I absolutely love it. It is the best car I have ever owned. Sounds like a good deal... but if you can wait a few months, check out the 2010. It looks like it will be nice.
  • nkw40nkw40 Member Posts: 3
    I am outside Philadelphia, there is a 2008 lr3 with u nder 4000 miles, navi, cold climate package and xenon lights. He wants to give it to me for 41K. Is this a good deal? I look at kelly blue book, it says 45K, then I look at TMV and see 37. Thanks.

Nanci
  • tj6968tj6968 Member Posts: 23
    I've seen some people on here post that they got theirs for $45K... that is not too bad at all. I'd love to pick up a Land Rover after I get out of college and start a job. Beautiful cars.

I'm also glad there is a forum like this where people can give so much information on the car.
  • parkaveslackerparkaveslacker Member Posts: 6
    I bought new in April 2009 a 2008 LR3 with every option but nav for $37,500 so not sure it's as good a deal as it would appear. Also, remember there is a discount for buying "used" which doesn't seem to be contemplated in this transaction.

PS I'm in the SF Bay Area
  • nkw40nkw40 Member Posts: 3
    No, I am not aware of a discount for used. What is that?? He is saying 41, and not budging. There is a 2007 with 6K miles for 35. The 2008 has navi, cold climate and xenon, edmunds tmv is saying 41. What would you pay? Thanks!!!
  • jaguar16jaguar16 Member Posts: 7
    Jaguar is now an Indian beast (according to the Indian press AND Tata Group) thanks to Tata Motor's 100% acquisition of JLR. Land Rover/Range Rover is also fine Indian heritage now. Both now high quality Indian luxury cars. Power to JLR's new Indian owners/masters.

Already Jaguar/Land Rover are establishing component sourcing offices in India. Soon they may be entirely "Made in India".....yessss!
  • sh12sh12 Member Posts: 1
    My 2007 LR3 lease is up at the end of the month.The dealer is not negotiating the $29,900 buy out price.It has 18,900 miles currently. Thoughts?
  • parkaveslackerparkaveslacker Member Posts: 6
    I bought brand new in March a 2008 for $37,500... havehim throw in the extended warranty.
  • rayyogirayyogi Member Posts: 12
    How much can I get New 2009 LR3 OTD price - DC, MD & VA area?
  • rimom3rimom3 Member Posts: 1
    I have looked at a CPO 2008 LR3 SE with cold climate, lighting package, bluetooth, navi, dvd players, cooler box with 18,000 miles. The dealer is asking $39,995 and wont budge. I have read posts saying they paid the same new a year or 2 ago. Any thoughts? Is this the price they go for nowadays? thanks!
  • vladnycvladnyc Member Posts: 6
    I bought my 06 LR3 off lease in April 2010. The residual was $32k. The original dealer, Prestige in Paramus wouldn't budge on price. I went to Manhattan LR and bought it for a bit over $26k. Great truck. Shop around.
This discussion has been closed.