Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Ridgeline Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,217
    Sorry... we don't permit the identification of individual salespeople on the forums....

Please refer to the Rules of the Road on the left side of the page for details...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• slim6370slim6370 Member Posts: 3
    I purchased the vehicle at Boch Honda in Norwood, MA. 3rd vehicle I have bought from them. They always have a large selection also. Good Luck :-)
  • craigmricraigmri Member Posts: 243
    According to Carsdirect.com I should be able to score a RTL with Moonroof for $29,110. Is this a good target price? Has anyone done better?

Craig
  • craigmricraigmri Member Posts: 243
    Netsale,

I'm in Florida. So far today the best I was offered was the $29,150 however, they offered $3000 below KBB "trade-in" price on my trade. I'm probably gonna just sell it privately.

Craig
  • bobwhobobwho Member Posts: 24
    Hi Menk, great deal on the RTS. I've had mine for about 2 months and still having fun driving it. You are so right about the extras from the dealer. They can be obtained alot cheaper online. If you want you can see if the dealer will match the online prices, so no shipping charges. One thing about gas mileage. I've found that if you can keep the rev's around 2000-2500, you will get better mileage. Anytime, you go over 2500 plus in your rev's, you will waste gas. On the highway, I have gotten around 20-21 mpg at 75 mph. I just put on the cruise and stay with the flow of traffic. In the hills or carrying a load, you'll find that it will downshift alot too. I've heard from other owners, that the winter blends cause a drop in mileage. So that could be the cause of the low mileage too besides driving habits.
  • vince311vince311 Member Posts: 2
    came across a demo ridgeline at the local dealer. RTS with all the goodies (no navigation). sticker MSRP is $33k. The truck is being used as a Demo...currently has 5250 miles on it. Any idea what a DEMO should cost? I'm located in the NW (portland area)

thanks
  • ph4acidph4acid Member Posts: 4
    From my perspective, the Ridgeline is a city slicker's truck who wants to have a bed to use every onces in a while for home improvement and moving furniture/appliances who occasionaly wants to go offroad. I wouldn't want to take a brand new car offroad too frequently especially if I'm paying good money ~$30K for it. It is pricely and the fuel efficiency is pretty low. The recent scares of gas prices scared me -- that's the one big factor keeping me from getting one right now.
    Hi vince311, new RTS's are going for about $1000.00 below invoice, so don't even look at the MSRP. Do a search on Edmunds or Kelly Blue Book for new/used pricing with the mileage. That info should give you a good starting base to deal with. If you do decide to buy the Demo, make sure the dealer goes through and checks, and services it. Also ask for the extra 5000 plus miles and/or time be added to the standard warranty.
  • vince311vince311 Member Posts: 2
    thanks bobwho! Some how I said RTS, but I meant RTL. Would the $1000 under invoice still be applicable to the RTL?

Also, any way to look up prices on a used 2006? KBB only allows vehicles up to 2005. Maybe there is another resource?

good point on adding 5000 miles to the warranty :-)

vince311
    Hi Vince311, the dealers are selling all the Ridgelines at invoice and less. It depends on the build date and time on the lot. Honda has a dealer incentive of $1000.00, but only to the dealer. They will not tell you this, hoping to get the most money out of you. So if you can get them to lower the invoice price at $1000 or close to it, you have got a good deal. With the way gas prices are and the holiday season, most people are not buying vehicles. You should have your pick of RTL's based on color and options. If you can try to buy the options online as the OME stuff is pricey or get the dealer to install the options at their cost with reduced price on labor, plus maybe 3-5% added. Try checking out vehix.com, they may the info you need or do a search on the web. It's alittle tough to get used info on the Ridgeline, since it came out so early in 05. I'm not sure how many people have sold or traded their Ridgelines since it is a first year model.
  • creekbruincreekbruin Member Posts: 5
    2.9 for up to 36 months; 3.9 up to 48; and 4.9 from 49 months through 60. I am informed that this deal will be available until early January (I believe Jan. 3rd). Price quoted on RTL with Navi & Moonroof in SF Bay Area=$30,259 including the destination charge. I am speculating that Honda is really trying to move these trucks this holiday season because of the milage issue. When the holdback of $1000+ and the Marketing support of $1000 is added back this dealer will make around a thousand dollars on this deal. I think the end of December will be a good time to buy given the combination of low price and low financing.

Creek
  • igorkrigorkr Member Posts: 7
    I've read all the messages on the forum, and I just can not believe the prices you are getting from dealers in your areas. I've been looking at an RT for a while, and the best I was able to do was $27,500 (while carsdirect.com tells me the target should be around 24,000). My dealer (SamSwope Honda World) does not even want to talk about it. Are they really selling them at that price, or are they testing me? Can anyone give me a dealership name that sells them below the invoice (because, mine sure does not) :mad: ?

igorkr
  • proximeproxime Member Posts: 4
    Cleveland is not too far away. Request a quote from Jayhonda.com in cleveland on the ridgeline and you will probably be quoted about 800 below invoice. I know the guys there pretty well, but rules of the road prevent me from giving you a name.
    There are six dealerships in Cincinnati.. That is only 90 minutes away..

If you want the best deal, you have to introduce a little competition... Going to one dealer, and expecting to get the deal of the lifetime is bound to be disappointing..

Just go to the Honda website, and use 45202 (Cincinnati zip) to search for local dealers.. You can do the same for Indianapolis (46202)..

Make some phone calls... something good will happen... ;)

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• wheatridgewheatridge Member Posts: 1
    netsalesmgr, I'm in the KC metro area and just started to look at the RL. Are sales real slow?
    If you want someone to have your e-mail address, then click on preferences on the left-hand side of the page, and mark your e-mail address as "public".

Please do not include your e-mail address in your post.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• chip88chip88 Member Posts: 3
    Just got back last night from a two-hour drive and saved $700 - $1,000 over our local dealers best offers.

Picker up a green RTL with Moonroof for $27,672 not incl. taxes (but incl $89 doc fee) which I'll have to pay here in Illinois. The way I figured it, it was about $355 BELOW invoice and dealer holdback.

My local dealer, when asked if he could meet or beat the price, confirmed the numbers and said if it was true to "run up there and buy it!"

This was at Wilde Honda in Waukesha, WI and probably only in effect through this the end of the year, but you'll want to check for yourself.

Chip
  • johnnyvjohnnyv Member Posts: 11
    I am contemplating the purchase of a Ridgeline and a Nissan X-Trail. Obviously different class vehicles.

I'd like to know if any Canucks have posted here to see the Canadian buying/pricing experience. I am interested in the E-XL with the moonroof. I can live without the leather, but want the CD changer and moonroof so I believe the LX is out of the question.

Regards, JohnnyV
  • mom2littledudemom2littledude Member Posts: 1
    We just walked out with a Ridgeline RTL for $28,695.00 that was TT&L included. I think befor tax title and license was 26,665.00. We paid cash and there was no trade. We shoped 3 dealers and the other 2 were at least 1500.00 more. So was this a good deal?
  • cdrummondcdrummond Member Posts: 1
    We just bought a Ridgeline RTL with/Moonroof, Nav,and an added roof rack, wheel locks and mudguards out the door for $34000 with tax, title & license. Taxes here in CA are 7.75%, and rule of thumb, you figure 10% of the vehicle price for taxes, DMV licensing and fees (this would represent $3200 of the $34000 alone, which means we paid about $30800 for the car, or they paid some of our taxes). The car would have priced out at dealer invoice for $31809 w/holdback, ($30770 per consumer reports w/out holdback) plus the cost of the installed roof rack, wheel locks and mudguards. If we've figured it out right, we think the deal was worth this: $30770 + $500 (at minimum)for extras = $31270 for the vehicle at "true" dealer cost + 3200 for taxes = a total cost of $34470. We dealt with Grier Steele, who was absolutely wonderful. Dealership has a good community rep also. MSRP per Consumer Reports was $35190, and Edmunds said others were paying $33,500 (before taxes) average deal. Good-luck!
  • holybeanholybean Member Posts: 2
    Bought a RT for $24777 ($700 under invoice) from a Portland Oregon dealer. Tried other NW delers. This is the best I got.
  • nwpilotnwpilot Member Posts: 15
    I'm considering getting rid of my F150 and getting a Ridgeline. Care to divulge which Portland area dealer gave you the deal? I live
    in Idaho, but went to Portland to buy my Honda Pilot (Ron Tonkin Honda). Great experience, and much better deal than I could get locally.
  • holybeanholybean Member Posts: 2
    I bought Honda vehicles from both Tonkin (02 Civic) and Thomason (04 Accord and 06 Ridgeline). You will get a much better deal from Thomason if you contact the internet sales manager.

The Honda dealer at Vancouver Washington may also offer a competitive deal as Thomason.

Good Luck.
  • nwpilotnwpilot Member Posts: 15
    I contacted Thomason and Tonkin (internet managers) before buying the Pilot. Tonkin offered a considerably better deal at that time on that vehicle. I will definitely contact both again should I decide to pursue a Ridgeline. Thanks holybean!
  • bosco9bosco9 Member Posts: 16
    Just bought a RTL with moonroof yesterday.We live in western Colorado.....paid $29,336.00 before taxes.That is $3853.00 under MSRP. We tried to get another $300.00 off the price but it was a no go.We are happy with the deal.Now that the Ridgeline has won so many awards, we suspect dealers might become more greedy. Bosco9
  • ivestorparkivestorpark Member Posts: 31
    I will probably buy a Ridgeline in the future. From past auto purchases it is my experience that the large dealers give the best deals. Does anyone know who are some of the largest Honda dealers in the U.S. that are located in the Western Region, or how I can get that info? I'd be living in the Phoenix area, but would travel to LV, LA, SF, NM, El Paso, Dallas, San Antonio, wherever if the deal is good enough. If you know the dealers, I would also appreciate their ranking nationally. thx
  • footerfooter Member Posts: 32
    Alliston, Ont., Canada

Here's an older article on some interesting manufacturing/assembly challenges:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3165/is_41_8/ai_n15370835
  • thebillthebill Member Posts: 194
    as a dealer in the louisville area...i can assure you that there are deals to be made but you are probaly one of those guys that will go to five different dealerships just to save 50 bucks.....

what a joke....why tell people to waste their time
  • luvhondasluvhondas Member Posts: 2
    Mark Roberts Motors in Bartlesville Oklahoma has the best prices on Honda Ridgeline trucks.
  • bill3648bill3648 Member Posts: 5
    Anyone care to share recent prices paid for an RTL with sunroof and Navigation? I'm shopping for one of these and just curious what everyone is paying. Thanks!
  • lodolodo Member Posts: 1
    I'm getting quotes at $28K on an RTL (Houston area) which is invoice minus the $1000 back to dealer, give or take. Seems reasonable to me. I don;t like the way the accessories are handles however - everything is done with retail cost and then labor added as well. They will discount price but you can't track any of these items on Edmonds or other sites.
  • roscosroscos Member Posts: 7
    Looking for an RTL w/roof in Phila.Pa. best prics so far was 28,911 any body in the Phila. area getting a better price ?Roscos
  • roscosroscos Member Posts: 7
    Looking for an RTL w/sunroof amazon green the best price so far is $28.911 is anyone getting a better price? Thanks
  • briancorrbriancorr Member Posts: 67
    I got my RTL with sunroof in amazon green for $1200 under invoice. They had $1100 in accessories on it that I got for $200. This was in Dallas.
  • meandersmeanders Member Posts: 1
    I was thinking of only RT--what is the going price in DFW?
    but perhaps, I can afford the RTL
    meanders
    I've seen that dealers are trying to add in for labor to install accessories on new vehicles.

This sounds like a new shell game by dealers to con consumers who are armed with the invoice numbers. Some of the recent deals reported seem to indicate that there was a cash back to dealer incentive, so who knows how good of deal it actually was.

The bottom line is that you e-mail the dealer and tell them exactly what you want with no substitutions and ask them for their best out-the-door price. On Japanese assembled vehicles, the dealer can contact the port of entry and have the port install any accessories that you want without the labor charge. On an U.S. assembled vehicle same thing but the dealer calls the factory. It's just like a special ordered vehicles. Dealers dread special orders because it's more work, there's a higher dropout rate on orders, and it takes longer to see their profit. Consumers: Stand up and don't take this BS.
    I'm about to pull the trigger on a black RTL which I've been told by my credit union new car buying service I can get for $1000 under invoice. This is in the Twin Cities, MN. I'm thinking that's a pretty good deal but should I search for an even better deal?

Thanks. :)
  • xiatxiat Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a RTL last night for $27682 from Kendell Honda in Eugene Oregon. It includes destination charges and splash guard. It was at least $1100 below MSRP. Thanks to everyone who posted on this board. I have been checking out the info from this board for a long time. I took the truck for a 200 mile trip today. Absolutely loved it. I got 21 MPG/highway. :)
    Excellent buy!

Enjoy your new RL!

I love mine!
    That is a great buy! Congrats! I'm thinking you meant about $1100 below invoice? I believe invoice is $28882 including destination. In any case, a great deal! I hope I do about the same. Should happen as soon as I get my '00 Odyssey sold! :)
  • jmurman42jmurman42 Member Posts: 675
    "I've seen that dealers are trying to add in for labor to install accessories on new vehicles"

Lets see. You want a set of foglights and a Tonneau cover and maybe a day night mirror. So HOW do you suppose those items get on the car? Osmosis?

I don't know where you get your information, but it is incorrect. Honda's business model is to have the dealers install accessories that the consumer wants. The factory and the port will not do that.
  • stlridgestlridge Member Posts: 1
    Purchased mid February 2006
    Bought an RT with splashguards, tonneau and trailering package from Dave Mungenast Motorsports (Saint Louis Honda)

Bottom line price was slightly less than list for an RT without delivery or options, so I basically got the options for "free". If I leave the license frame on I get weekly car washes for as long as I own the car. I'm close enough to the dealership that this is a nice perc I plan to take advantage of.
  • aspesisteveaspesisteve Member Posts: 833
    stlridge,
    since I don't know the cost of the options you purchased, I'm not sure what the breakdown was for your deal is.

I too am looking for an RT equiped as you have purchased; any pricing detail would be appreciated.

thanks
  • jmurman42jmurman42 Member Posts: 675
    This allocation is the "build out" for the 2006 Ridgeline. Amazon Green and Redrock Pearl will not be available any longer.
  • dbest1adbest1a Member Posts: 3
    I was quoted 28,878 for a RTL with moonroof from one dealer. I don't have lease payments as of yet, and I don't know what the payments would work out to.
    I have been trying to negotiate a lease monthly payment of approx. 350 not including tax, but it has been pretty dificult to get this price for the truck with 0 down, and only paying the first months payment.

I got quoted 445 dollars a month tax included by another dealer for a RTL w/moonroof, and only paying the first months payment of 514. Total price was 30,461 including a fog light package.

I don't think honda is leasing these trucks to really move.
    I see toyota is leasing a base tundra for 299 a month, with a v8 for 1900 down, and 299 a month.. not to bad, but I may look elsewhere for a truck..
    If you cant afford the higher payment, look into the RTL without moonroof or even better, the RTS. The RTS has the stereo, auto climate, power drivers seat. Im sure that you can get a great payment on those.

But if you are budget minded and still like the leather, step up and pay the extra money or save up a down payment.

You will not be disappointed in the truck!!!
  • dbest1adbest1a Member Posts: 3
    The sad thing is that I have my heart set on getting a truck with a moonroof. I went almost 10 years without a moonroof in my current car, and I always loved the sunroof in my jetta.. I don't know, just something about it. I am trying to see what my options would be with the RTL w/ moonroof. If they can get the payments to a decent amount, I am more than willing to sign the papers.
    I will see what my dealer will offer me for the 28,8 .. If the lease payment is decent, then I will jump on board.
  • drywblancharddrywblanchard Member Posts: 3
    Just got a quote for $27,152 for an RTL w/o moonroof & nav. Based on Edmunds and Consumer Reports the invoice price is between $28,033 (Consumer Reports minus the dealer holdback) and $28,333 (Edmunds.com). This seems like a really good price. Is it or is my information wrong?
  • nowakj66nowakj66 Member Posts: 709
    Is $500 less than invoice a reasonable offer on an RTL with sunroof? RTL wi NAV?

Better question, what is a fair offer below invoice for a Ridgeline these days?

Edmunds says there is $1000 per vehicle support. My salesman said $200.