Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda Ridgeline Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jaylee71jaylee71 Member Posts: 1
    I think that $2000 under invoice price is with the incentive. Here in southern cal, best quote I could get for a RT is 23,237. I'll jump on that 22K quote If I could get one here...
  • Options
    tundertunder Member Posts: 6
    Any Ridgeline...(RT/RTS/RTL w/nav.) is $2000 under invoice. (Yes, the $2000 is the incentive..so actually they are selling at invoice price..) plus TTL. ;)
  • Options
    lijuicelijuice Member Posts: 3
    i have the rts and its the best truck out their besides a toyota. resale value is much better than and ford by far. and the way ANY [non-permissible content removed] vehicle is made is better than any american(ford,chevy or dodge). outside of the full size truck for work pupose people are steering towards foreign vehicles more and more. the quality the put into their cars and trucks is far supeior to any american vehicle especially now when chevy and ford are badly hurting(via:employee cost purchase and less quality)
  • Options
    fxdonrfxdonr Member Posts: 3
    After following the development of this truck and reading these message boards for the past year or so I finally picked up a silver RTS. Due to the this month's factory to dealer incentive, I was able to negotiate $25,600 on the price (including destination) with a fair trade on my CRV.
    The dealer I bought it from is Dick Ide Honda, just south of Rochester, NY. The buying experience was great with no hassle. With just over 300 miles on it so far this truck is everything that I've read and hoped that it would be. I think that it even rides better and quieter than my 2005 Accord EX!
  • Options
    clownpunchclownpunch Member Posts: 1
    I would just like to thank everyone in this forum for your price assistance, so I figured I could help out future buyers with my information. I was initially completely in love with a Pilot, but after test driving both the Ridgeline and the Pilot, I was set on the Ridgeline. Pricing info was $23,700 before TTL and just at 24,900 OTD in SE Virginia for an RT, could I have done better, sure but with invoice at 24,922-25,100 I'm happy with the purchase for a great truck.
  • Options
    steve3589steve3589 Member Posts: 11
    I'm in NC and traveled 160 miles to this Honda dealer in TN to buy a new 06 Ridgeline RT in white. I emailed about 10 dealers in all asking if they would sell for $22k even and only one bit and then I somehow got them to $21,600.

I'm sooo glad I didnt go after a 2WD Tundra or 4WD Frontier for about the same price. $22k was the most I wanted to spend on a truck. I never thought I could get a Ridgeline for this price until I saw a posting here (THANKS EDMUNDS!) and figure I would send some emails out and see what happens.

This truck has it all!!
  • Options
    dumiedumie Member Posts: 1
    I think it was a good deal. Sent emails to all my local Los Angeles (CA) dealers ("Internet Managers"). Went on for a few weeks, planning to make my purchase this past Memorial Weekend. I think it worked because you start getting anxious fleet/Internet managers. I went w/ a really nice dealer (knowing that I coulda got it cheaper somewhere else)....RTL w/Sunroof, in blue (the only color I wanted) @ $26,800 even.

I was literally hrs away from my transaction when 2 other dealers called saying they could better it by $300 less. Ultimately I went with the my dealer simply because he was the most professional of them all, threw in 4 free oil changes (or roughly till 30k miles), and threw in mud guards & wheel locks (not that important to me, but nice)...he also gave me a decent deal on the purchase & installation (labor) of the roof-racks @ $360 (not included in price).

Now according to edmunds, as of this past weekend the TMV was @ $29,582 (kelley-blue said invoice was @ $30,867, so go figure?). Minus the $2k incentive, I paid $782 below the supposed invoice. Good or good enough? Time will tell.

Moral of the story, shop/shop/shop....by phone or email & never walk in to a dealer unless your ready to pay.

BTW - Knowing all this, another dealer offered me the RTL/sunroof for $26,100!!!!! BUT it was in grey and I just didn't like the color.....I wrestled w/ this for a week. Decided it had to be blue or bust!!!
  • Options
    thedodger22thedodger22 Member Posts: 3
    Hi...this is my first post to the forum. Been following discussions in here for months. Thanks to everyone's feedback in here, just picked up a new 2006 RTS (Steel Blue, just what I wanted!); so I figured it's my turn to contribute.

Tough to find deals in Orlando, FL...but I think I did ok.

Original Sticker: $30,625.00
    +Roof Rack: $426.50
    +Mud Guards: $104.50
    +Wheel Locks: $107.50
    -----------------------
    Total MSRP: $31,263.50

Final Before TTL: $25,861.00
    (keep in mind this is with $600+ accessories included; and 5 free oil changes)
    -----------------------

Steel Blue and I love it!!! 17.5 mpg on first tank...not bad! :)

Thanks to all!!!
  • Options
    ramzey28ramzey28 Member Posts: 130
    I was offered a silver RT for 20700.00 which is the best price I have seen. That is a steal for this vehicle. My only issue is my lease is not up til Dec/Jan and it wouldnt make sense for me to have 3 car expenses for the next 6 months. Lets hope this trend continues, if so---Ill get the ridgeline but for 24k or 25k I would have to pass I think. We will see.....
  • Options
    tundertunder Member Posts: 6
    Hi Ramzey, where do you get this offer??? Good price! :)
  • Options
    boch in Norwood, Ma. They sold it but looks like they have a white one now. Their web shows 20888.00. They accepted 21k but their is a 300 coupon to use before 1pm from their website. Still would like to go get it but to have 3 cars doesnt make sense now, Ill have to wait til my lease end date of Dec.
  • Options
    cksycksy Member Posts: 3
    Hi - I noticed you went to Lynnwood Honda.
    they advertise a 7 year 100K warranty with all new cars.
    do you know if this is for real?
    did they tell you what the deductible was or if you have to go to them for service?
    otherwise, it seems too good to be true.
    Thanks,
    C
  • Options
    djalthoudjalthou Member Posts: 1
    Leased a Silver Ridgeline RTS with mudflaps from O'Daniel Honda in Omaha, NE for $300/mth including taxes. Here are the details: Cap Cost after $2000 rebate was $25700. My trade in had $3400 equity which was added as down payment to reduce Cap cost. Net Cap Cost $22300. Money factor was .0027 and term was 36 months/12k miles per year. Our sales tax (outside of Omaha) is 6% bringing our final total monthly payment with tax to $300 per month. I am pleased considering we got $19400 for our trade that Kelley Blue Book listed as $18800 trade-in. What do you guys think?
  • Options
    doctorj1doctorj1 Member Posts: 7
    Yes, it's true! It's basically an extended version of every one else's "standard" 4yr, 50k warranty. You can service it anywhere. We bought the car from them because of the great deal they gave us and the fantastic customer service. The warranty was a bonus for us, but if you're trying to decide between similar pricing this would be the deal maker.
  • Options
    The RT MSRP only went up $100. and the RTX will be $500 more (which I think is a good deal for the tow pkc, acc. grill, colored door handles and rims) and the RTL comes standard with moonroof. I hope they run the incentives within a couple months though.
  • Options
    coltartcoltart Member Posts: 1
    WHere in Dallas did you get this price - can you recommend a salesperson?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Thanks!
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    lx_steallx_steal Member Posts: 45
    I purchased an RTL from AutoWest, Roseville, CA for :

$24888 + 214 for mudguards, underseat rubber, etc.

$28994 out the door.

Thanks to carsdirect.com which gave me this price. I actually ordered the car from carsdirect, and took the order to my local dealer, who is part of Autonation, and he gave me the price. I am happy with the vehicle so far, and have my aux hook up on the radio already installed for my IPOD and XM TO GO.
  • Options
    trp77trp77 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Everyone - I have a few questions as I am looking into a Ridgeline, but I am wondering if it qualifies as a "non" luxury vehicle (I believe it has to be over 6000 lbs but could be wrong) so that it can be depreciated more quickly.

If it does not qualify as non luxury, since I own a business and would use it as a business vehicle, would it be better to lease?

They seem to have some really attractive lease offers right now also that would equate to a very small intrest rate if you buy at the end it seems.

If so, what kind of lease deal should I be getting right now on an RT?

If to buy, should I be shooting for about 22500 for an RT?

Thanks
  • Options
    alchemist21alchemist21 Member Posts: 1
    lx steal, I am interested in a RTL as well. You got one from AutoWest for $24888? The Carsdirect price in Sac is $26492. How did you get this deal? Any info you give me would be great. :)
  • Options
    aspesisteveaspesisteve Member Posts: 833
    the ridgeline doesn't come close to the 6000 lbs requirement for the "non" luxury vehicle; I might add that this is one of the most rediculous tax break going when people are incentivised to buy Hummers.

I'm a small business owner and find it just as easy to write off a purchase as it is for a lease. The lease just enables you to lay out less cash up front.
  • Options
    rajgrajg Member Posts: 1
    I am a reader of your great site for one week..and you guys really inspires me to buy my first truck a Ridgeline...I did some price research and the best price I am getting in Bay area CA is $22500 for a RT. wht u think..should I try 22000 or lower for it.
    Any response will be apprctd.
    Thanks again...
    rjg
  • Options
    steve98steve98 Member Posts: 18
    I bought my RT May 31st for $21,600 in Tn. I think you should try to get these numbers, especially since the 07 are on the lot. Also have gotten quotes on 06 RTL for $26k even. This is one smooth riding truck!!
    Happy Truckin!
  • Options
    slickokoslickoko Member Posts: 8
    GVWR needs to be 6000 pounds for you to deduct the entire cost of the vehicle. Actually, the Ridgeline DOES qualify at 6050.
  • Options
    aspesisteveaspesisteve Member Posts: 833
    you're right and I can't believe this truck weighs in at over 6,000 lbs gross wieght.

Honda says the "curb" weight is 4,500 lbs.

what is the difference is between 'curb' and 'gross' weight??
  • Options
    slickokoslickoko Member Posts: 8
    Curb weight is weight of vehicle. Gross Vehicle Weight Rating is weight of vehicle (including fluids) plus allowable cargo.
  • Options
    greathannygreathanny Member Posts: 17
    Any thoughts on how much I should expect to pay over invoice on a 2007 Ridgeline w/ RTL/Nav? I am trying to figure out what a fair deal would be given that 2006 models are being discounted below invoice. Is $1000 over invoice fair this early in a model year? Too much? Too little? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    bmariebmarie Member Posts: 5
    hope u can help me..looking 4 the blue is it saphire metalic also 4 my son. where did u get it im in orange co ca any advice on purchase thanks so much
  • Options
    how did u make out did u purchase?
    where is the dealership? thanks looking 4 exact same thing
  • Options
    where is the dealership i live in orange co ca thanks a lot 4 the help
  • Options
    where did u purchase sounds great
  • Options
    wow great info where did u purchase? i feel like a sitting duck as a woman buying 4 my son. im in so cal. any other advice?
  • Options
    meginksmeginks Member Posts: 1
    I just got a Ridgeline RTS (blue!) for $26,400 + ttl from Frank Ancona Honda in Olathe, KS. Just found out there's a new financing deal from Honda, too. 4.9%, 5.9%, or 6.9% financing from Honda, depending on your credit score, starting today. I feel pretty good about my deal. What do you all think?
  • Options
    cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    $26,400 seems like a high price for an RTS unless Honda is no longer offering a $2000 incentive to dealers.
  • Options
    jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    I just priced an RT on the edmunds site and it had no incentives listed, so if that was an advertised incentive, it seems it is gone for now.

--jjf
    26,400 seems like a high price for an RTS unless Honda is no longer offering a $2000 incentive to dealers.
  • Options
    adcat13adcat13 Member Posts: 2
    I just found a 2006 RTL w/pwr sun roof "demo" with ~ 2800 miles.
    The dealer is offering it at dealer invoice price 29,916 with a few small options such as bug guard at 10% off making the total cost $30,236

Comments/opinions.... is this an acceptable price??
    The dealer indicated that they usually sell vehicles at 1000-1200 over invoice....

I will also be requesting that a class III hitch and roof rake be added.

Thanks for any comments or opinions you may have.
  • Options
    Current discussions put you car at 27500? (about 500 under invoice with the current 2000 dealer incentive still in force. (The consensus seems to be that it is) For an excellent price. You can read the thread here to verify. The 2800 mi Alone should be another $500+ off the price. If the $2000 is still in force (should be for remaining 2006's?)the price you quote seems to be nothing to write home about.

--jjf

"I just found a 2006 RTL w/pwr sun roof "demo" with ~ 2800 miles.
    The dealer is offering it at dealer invoice price 29,916 with a few small options such as bug guard at 10% off making the total cost $30,236 "
  • Options
    The 07 RTX (base RT special edition) seems to have alloy wheels and the vaunted ($780) trailer hitch for $500 over current leftover 06 RT's. (But dealers making no deals yet)

Figure the good news is that I don't think the $28800 price (or RTL, etc prices) are sustainable any more than the 06's and we may soon be seeing some good deals (advertised 2000 dealer cash, unadvertised cash) once the 07s get rolling. Vehicles this size may never be as popular again with expensive gas.(except for masochists like us)

--jjf
  • Options
    illini7illini7 Member Posts: 19
    I received an internet quote from St. Louis Honda last week for $28,200 (Includes $550 Destination) for an '06 RTL. Thought I would pass it on because it seemed like a great deal.
  • Options
    illini7illini7 Member Posts: 19
    Sorry, I put the wrong price in there. The $28,200 was for a Pilot EXL. The Ridgeline RTL price was $27,300.
  • Options
    okii_atamaokii_atama Member Posts: 1
    Hey illini7, I'm in St. Louis too and getting quotes for Ridgelines, preferably the RTS. One dealer has 5 RTS models in stock (3 Silver, 2 Black). They gave me a quote on $25,600, but I'm hoping to do better with all the info I've gathered here. Does anyone think this is a good deal? Mind you, it qualifies for the 2.9% interest rate for 3 years. I would still like to get it for a $1000 less (say, $24,500) as I'm hearing about quotes like that in New England where I work.

Also, the $2000 dealer cash still appears to be in affect, however, I'm curious if it's been increased...

Thanks,
    okii_atama
  • Options
    kimohhkimohh Member Posts: 5
    Bought a 2007 RTL w/ Navi from Koons of Manassas VA 31 July 06 for 33508 (including destination). Paid a bit more than TMV but the buying experience more than made up for any extra I maight have paid. Contacted their internet rep via phone around 4pm, got a quote via e-mail, he met me at the door of the dealership around 8pm, and I was out of there by 930pm. All Koons reps were courteous and professional far above and beyond the performance I have seen from other area Honda sales reps and managers. While I was quoted lower prices from two other dealers, both turned me off with their customer service--it does count.
  • Options
    Honda Pilot depreciates about 10k from MSRP first year. Not enough data on Ridgeline but will probably be the same. You want 5k off 07s and 6K off 06s to make these prices competitive with Frontier, Tacoma etc.

May have to wait a few months to get this or better on 07s but they are getting more numerous,not less ... unlike 06s no hurry on them unless you are horseless.

Google myhondawarranty on the net. Numerous individuals have mentioned getting much better prices on Honda Hondacare warranties on the web than the best they could negotiate from dealer at sale. Sacucci Honda seems a good bet. Going price for 8yr/120k is around $1000 and down from there for lower coverage. Seems you must do this before you put 6000 mi on the car. Check it out. believe it is transferable too.

Best if you get 10-15 competitive quotes last week of the month. Helpful if you are flexible on colors/options.

Getting good at anything requires study:

1)Go to fightingchance.com. Get Bragg's kit (emailed) on your car, maybe buy his book. ($34.00 and well worth it)This should help you before EOM. Apply his recommendations at the end of the month.

2)Go to library or Amazon (may be updated) and read the classic (1981)"Don't get taken every time" by Remar Sutton. Been in the car sales business and it is the most accurate description I've read. Fun read too.

Do this and you will know more than 99% of new car buyers out there. (95% of salesmen too there is a hi washout rate) Do your studying and learn how to buy a car for life. :)
  • Options
    adcat13adcat13 Member Posts: 2
    Congratulations!!!
    I also just purchased at Saratoga Honda (up state NY) on 8/9 a RTL (without Navi) at 30,490 (3000 off msrp) w/ accessories = roof rack, trailer hitch & wire harness, mus flaps, under seat storage, and MR? visor at 1250 add on including tax! I decided on the Aberdeen Gerren - love it :)

I tend to be someone that keeps a vehicle (if i like it) for ~~~ 10 yrs..... therefore considering the Honda extenda warraentee (gaurenteed money back if not used)... any comments????
  • Options
    trp77trp77 Member Posts: 2
    Hey Guys,

Wanted to get a quick opinion on a 2006 RT, that I was able to get them down to $23500, with the special financing rate.

I haven't checked this forum in a bit, so I don't know how this compares. This is in the Midwest market.

I would like to get back to them soon either way - I appreciate any help for advice.
    TR
  • Options
    footerfooter Member Posts: 32
    Sounds like a really good price to me TR! I'd say GO FOR IT! You'll love the truck. I'm in the Midwest market too although I got an '06 RTL back in March for about $1000 under invoice which I thought was a pretty good deal at the time. Sounds like you're getting well under that ...

I wonder how many '06s are left now that the '07s are out?

Good luck! :)
  • Options
    gosox1gosox1 Member Posts: 17
    Hi, in the Boston area, bought from a large dealership one of the few last new 06 RT's left on the lot. ~$22,500 (incl dest), plus $380 in doc fees, title, registration, plates to get out the door at $22880. Did not incl the MA 5% sales tax in this number. Did not finance. No trade. Internet sales guy was the efficient way in. A little upsell attempt by the F/I Mngr. They would not budge on the doc fees. And would accept my request for accessories discounted at 50%. This sale happened during the weekend over Labor Day holiday. This dealer throws in 10 yrs of inspection stickers ($29/yr), if you go. Took about 2 hrs. But I think I could have gotten a better price (a couple of hundred), if I shopped earlier in August, as there was more inventory, and I could play more dealers off each other for the business, based on my experience of buying my Accord not from this dealership but one north of Boston. Did not see any $2000 cash back offer mentioned in this thread in KBB or Edmunds anymore.

Strange thing, the F/I mngr whipped thru the upsell sheet (useless markup items such as ext warranty, scotch guard, etc.), but wanted us to sign a waiver. She said it was to help them from lawsuit, b/c the dealer may be inconsistent in how they sell (treat) different customers. Sounds goofy, like who would be offended b/c they weren't offered scotch guard. On 2nd thought after, I should have not signed it...geez, it's not like a mortgage application. :confuse:

Other generic advice: read the front and back of everything b4 you sign, and cross out anything you don't like. And do all the math out before hand, and go over it again slowly...even if you look clumsy with the calculator. Ask for the Internet mngr to total up the out the door price and to break it down and email it. We were prepared to walk if the deal soured. We also sold our truck by ourselves, thus eliminating the trade-in negotiations, which never go in the buyers' favor. Although I emailed 6-7 honda dealers here only 2 or 3 responded, and only 1 responded with 06 availability. A dealer with 07 RT was pitching it at around invoice.

Hope this info is helpful, b/c i thought the advice in this thread was for me. :shades:
  • Options
    lab88lab88 Member Posts: 24
    We are in the market for a Ridgeline right now. We missed the 2000 of the '06's, even though we heard about the deal, because we just weren't ready to commit to the Ridgeline. Plus, I was waiting for the '07 in Black Cherry Pearl.

There is nothing wrong with the current vehicle. We think we're going to wait it out and see if they come out with some incentives on these vehicles. We looked at Ford's Sport Trac, and while we are still waiting for the Ridgeline, Ford is desperate to sell and will knock a ton off their trucks. I've never had a dealer beg me to just let them make me a deal, and I've done a lot of car shopping.

What's the opinion on waiting? Do people really think they'll be offering incentives on the 07's? We want to change over before the snow starts falling.
  • Options
    Review my message # 12481 in accord prices paid discussion for resources to buy/read on how to buy a car. Hit 15-20 dealers now or end of next month with bid solicitations. 2 or 3 is not enough.

Ridgeline wholesales about $10000 off list the 1st year, so you want about 5-6k off to make economic sense. Even 1200 under invoice is by no means giving it away.

Most manufacturers have hidden incentives in addition to occasional advertised incentives or rebates (they give it up gratis) nowadays so you really have to put a substantial # of dealers into a competitive bidding situation to smoke em out. (Honda's are usually unadvertised ) With the 10k+ depreciation issue there the incentives are here now, or soon will be.

In my opinion RL is a much better vehicle than the sportrac.

--jjf

We are in the market for a Ridgeline right now. We missed the 2000 of the '06's, even though we heard about the deal, because we just weren't ready to commit to the Ridgeline. Plus, I was waiting for the '07 in Black Cherry Pearl.

There is nothing wrong with the current vehicle. We think we're going to wait it out and see if they come out with some incentives on these vehicles. We looked at Ford's Sport Trac, and while we are still waiting for the Ridgeline, Ford is desperate to sell and will knock a ton off their trucks. I've never had a dealer beg me to just let them make me a deal, and I've done a lot of car shopping.

What's the opinion on waiting? Do people really think they'll be offering incentives on the 07's? We want to change over before the snow starts falling.
  • Options
    suv5suv5 Member Posts: 4
    Can anyone tell me what this truck is selling for in So. Calif.? We want the 2006 RTL w/ Navi.
    Thanks.