Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Ridgeline Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gd113gd113 Member Posts: 114
    You must be kidding. Check out your F and GM's an DCXs for continuous recalls. Buyer shoud be aware.
  • johngf1johngf1 Member Posts: 37
    What is the nature of the recall? BTW - My buddy ordered a Cherry Ridgeline in January and it won't be ready until sometime in April. What's up? It must be the color - the only cherry model I've seen was at the golf Honda event.
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    I read that Honda is recalling 160000 engines on Acuras, (several models) and Hondas (several models including the RL).

-jjf
  • footerfooter Member Posts: 32
    "...as many as 166,561 Hondas and Acuras..."

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070320/AUTO01/703200370/1148-

You were pretty close! It's a fuel-pump relay.
  • ddownsddowns Member Posts: 3
    Purchased 2007 RTL for $27,800 in Portland Or. Called several dealers with a few willing to quote around $28,000 over the phone for RTL's. My purchase was invoice, minus dealer holdback, minus $2,000 dealer incentive. Dealer incentive on Ridgelines is advertised as good until the end of April. This may be a good time to buy. Looks like Honda is getting a little more aggressive about trying to reach the 50K goal for 2007 Ridgelines.
  • bucket1bucket1 Member Posts: 1
    Where did you find "Dealer holdback,& dealer incentive?" I've had dealer say that they have the incentive, but can't find any of the above printable from the net.

Thanks! Looking to buy this week, if I get as good as deal as you.

Tulsa, OK
  • thainguyendthainguyend Member Posts: 8
    I am looking into a RTL in DFW area. Anyone have information on a recent buy, I like to hear it from you...thanks in advance
    I think that the holdback is $650 and the incentive is on the net, I have seen it, but cannot recall the site. You may find more info. on the Ridgeline Owners Forum. The dealer offered the holdback amount when I mentioned that it needed to be part of the deal.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/
    From May thru June the incentives are $2500.
  • hartley64hartley64 Member Posts: 1
    Where did you get this information. I'd like to quote the source when I go to the dealer. Thanks.
  • aspesisteveaspesisteve Member Posts: 833
    I've been watching for a decent deal on a used Ridgeline with little success. With the dealer incentives ($2,500 cash back from the factory), I can't see going used.

A 2007 RTX has an MSRP of 28,895; invoice is 26,228 including destination. If I can buy at invoice minus the $2,500 cash incentive (I'll concede the dealer hold back), I'm looking at $23,750 for a new Ridgeline RTX.

Anyone think that's unrealistic? Maybe wait till the last day of the month?
    Check out my message 14394 in the Accord prices paid section for useful resources on how to buy a car.

Get 10-20 bids on an RTX and RTS (with hitch) from dealers within a radius of your home via email and the honda website last week of the month. OTD prices including stated tax, dealer and licence fees. Include your top 3 colors including billet silver, and the fact you are contacting 20 dealers. Give your cell #. See what happens and work the top 2-3 dealers offers against one another last few days of the month.

For some reason dealers seem to make better deals on the RTS than the lower models. (it may have a true markup that is higher or the RTX is a lower production vehicle) Don't concede the holdback as you want about 6k off these machines. The trailer hitch is about $500 or so installed.
    Mid to high 24s or so is not unrealistic for an RTS with hitch installed. If you are in the stix with not so many dealers within 200mi then you may have to compromise or wait till end of next month. Also get your financing in order as it makes little sense to save $800 on price and to give it away on poor financing.

Good luck
    --jjf
    jfritsch,

I live near many honda dealers (San Jose, Ca area); One dealer near me is advertising 0% interest for 36 months up to $15k financed. I'm not sure if this is a dealer promotion or offered throughout No. Calif.

Since the RTS would require a hitch added (for my purposes), wouldn't it need a tranny cooler as well? That package runs about $1,000 if so.

In any event, I'm familiar with your strategy and believe it's worth the effort.
    Nope, just a hitch and harness kit. Installed is about $500.
    The transmission cooler kit is for the Pilot trailering kit, which you may be thinking of. This is why the pilot hitch and harness runs $1200 on a good day. The 0% may be worth about $1500-2000 to you, compared to 7%.

Good Luck
    --jjf

jfritsch,

I live near many honda dealers (San Jose, Ca area); One dealer near me is advertising 0% interest for 36 months up to $15k financed. I'm not sure if this is a dealer promotion or offered throughout No. Calif.

Since the RTS would require a hitch added (for my purposes), wouldn't it need a tranny cooler as well? That package runs about $1,000 if so.

In any event, I'm familiar with your strategy and believe it's worth the effort.
    well if that's the case then I'd just install the hitch and harness myself. If it's as easy as the one I installed on my Pilot it's a no brainer - cost was $160 for a class 3 two inch hitch including harness.

thanks for the info.
  • rob87rob87 Member Posts: 10
    There hasn't been a post for over 1 month, so I guess hardly anyone's buying (gas prices and all).

I picked up a black RTS yesterday.

$24,907 including destination
    $65 to transfer plates
    $259 doc fee (ridiculous but they wouldn't negotiate)

I live in MA, so I had to pay a 5% sales tax.

All in all I feel pretty good about the deal.
    hey rob,

Did you get any attractive financing through Honda?

congrats on your new purchase.

I've been waiting to sell my current vehicle before buying and think I found a buyer today which has me excited to try something before the month is over.
    I believe that Honda do have good financing at the moment. You should find out if you can use it in conjunction with the $2500 dealer rebate. I think you probably can. I'm fortunate in that I was able to use my home equity line.

Good luck with the purchase. You should be able to get a great deal b4 the end of the month.
    anyone seen a two door Ridgeline?

I mentioned to a family member in France that I was considering a Ridgeline and he send me a URL with a pic of a two door Ridgeline.

http://www.cwwcardesign.com/cars/honda_ridgeline.html

Not that I'm interested, but it does have nicer lines than the 4 door imo.
    sent out a request for best pricing on a new '07 RTS Ridgeline last night to about 6-7 Honda Dealers within 50 miles of my home (San Jose, Ca).

I've got the standard reply from some with no pricing, some phone calls seeking to make an "appointment" and a three bids, one of which was an excellent no hassel bid.
    Here's the best deal I've seen so far:

'07 Ridgeline RTS
    Invoice $28,013
    price $25,286 + tax and license

keep in mind this includes $2,500 factory cash and about $150 of dealer hold back. Oh and it's the last day of the month all of which makes it very attractive.
    Go for it!!
    Bought a new '07 Ridgeline RTS today
    Larry Hopkins Honda in Sunnyvale, CA

they were true to their word and beat the lowest price out there by $100 and happened to be close to home so I'm happy.

$25,118 plus tax and registration

last day of the month + $2500 cash back definitely help grease the process - I had my cell phone ringing off the hook - could of worked it lower but felt the deal was fair and the dealership was true to their word.
    Congrats!! Great truck at a great price. How do you like it so far?
  • eggnoramooseeggnoramoose Member Posts: 2
    WONDERING WHAT THE MOST I SHOULD PAY FOR AN '08 RIDGELINE RTL WITH NAVIGATION? MSRP IS $35+K THIS DEALER IS TELLING ME $32k IS BEST HE CAN DO - not including tax/license/transfer. Not a good deal, huh? I don't know what I am doing and the more I read, the more confused I get!
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    Well what are your options? Are there other Honda dealers you can cross-shop?

Bob
    The pilot and Ridgeline depreciate from list about 10k first year so you really want about 5-6k off. 6000 off list is doable for the 07's. Probably doable for the 08's in about 4-5 months. You are better off working a deal on an 07 as Honda dealers are good at working 3000 off MSRP deals for these cars at intro.

Email 10-20 dealers around for bids (with your color(S) and other requirements)end of month via the honda website for 07 and 08 models. After round 1 give out your cell #. Work the lowest 2 bids off one another.

Good Luck
    --jjf

WONDERING WHAT THE MOST I SHOULD PAY FOR AN '08 RIDGELINE RTL WITH NAVIGATION? MSRP IS $35+K THIS DEALER IS TELLING ME $32k IS BEST HE CAN DO - not including tax/license/transfer. Not a good deal, huh? I don't know what I am doing and the more I read, the more confused I get!
  • eggnoramooseeggnoramoose Member Posts: 2
    thanks! I will do just that - I am in a rural area without much around, but can do some driving for a good deal. Will let you know if anything works out.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I hope you laughed at that dealer--the Ridgeline has $3500 factory-to-dealer cash right now. $6k off MSRP should be child's play.
  • phillseaphillsea Member Posts: 11
    I am down to two dealers right now in Northern Virginia about a 2007 RT and I have them under $22,000 (still have to add in taxes and tags). Still working them...
  • vincekellervincekeller Member Posts: 28
    Eggnoramoose was talking about an 08 not 07. 08 does not have any dealer cash at this time. You would do great if you could get the dealer to sell it for invoice; not possible in most market right now.
  • kki000kki000 Member Posts: 17
    My bros in law just left a deposit on this truck,
    07 RTL with Navi in Black for 28,600 includes dest and doc fee.

Only fishy bit is they are charging another 150 for plates... i thought the doc fee included that no?
    This is in NYC btw.
  • vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    Have you tried the Hondal dealers in Maryland? You should be able to get a better deal in Maryland.

Let us know who you end up buying from.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Oops. I guess it would help if I could actually read!
  • trailmstertrailmster Member Posts: 4
    Hey interesting, I wish I wouldve known that, how do you find that out? The dealer did offer me 5k off the truck without me even asking, and I got an aftermarket sunroof, and factory door visors, and 2 tanks of gas. I asked for a years worth of gas, they thought it was an "interesting" request!!!
  • bang4dabuckbang4dabuck Member Posts: 1
    I am buying my '07 RTX tomorrow (7/27) for $23,495 (plus t/t/r and processing) here in Newport News, VA. Below the TMV by about $300-400. Well below invoice by about $2000. I wanted in black so they had to hunt this one down. Apparently very hard to come by. If it was an in-stock truck it would have been a bit cheaper too. So there are a lot of deals right now. One of the dealer even offered $23,380 but that was a bit of a drive. I was also able to get 4 oil changes , which they don't even offer it usually (at least on this dealer). The way I did was even easier/faster. Call the dealers and ask for they internet sales. Tell them you are shopping around and want their absolute best number. They usually match your best offer in a sec.
  • deepdropdeepdrop Member Posts: 89
    I am considering buying a Ridgeline and was wondering about a couple of things.

Has anyone put a Thule storage box on the roof rack on a Ridgeline?

Also, I was wondering if there's room for two child seats in the back row, plus an adult (or a dog). If I could put the two car seats on the left side and lift the right side seat, maybe the dog could sit there on long road trips?

Thanks for any comments on this.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,568
    Hi, deepdrop..

You might try posting your question in the Honda Ridgeline SUT forum, as well...

There may be current owners who have modified their vehicles, who don't monitor the Prices Paid forums.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• footerfooter Member Posts: 32
    I don't have a roof rack on my '06 Ridge so don't know about the Thule storage box thing but I can answer your other question. I've had two child seats plus an adult in the back of my Ridge, plenty of room. And I would think if you wanted to fold the right side seat up and put two car seats on the left side, that should work fine as well since there is a center mounted safety belt. And the dog should ride comfortably on the right side.

That's the beauty of this truck, the combinations and possibilities are virtually unlimited! You're going to love the seats too, they are VERY comfortable! Like sitting in your easy chair at home ... :)
  • connors1connors1 Member Posts: 3
    If your close to Md you should check out their prices. I just got an RT Ridgeline for $21776 plus taxes and tags from O'Donnell Honda in Ellicott City. Also, their processing fee is only $99.
  • kb1awvkb1awv Member Posts: 3
    I purchased my 2007 Ridgeline RTL w/Navigation last Saturday, August 11. The dealer was Majestic Honda in West Warwick, RI. I paid $28,600 including destination. The dealer also gave me 22 gallons of gas free (standard Hoda practice).

I'm sure somebody out there has paid less but I must say that I am thrilled with this truck! This was a very good decision. The quality of this vehicle is top notch. The ride and handling are excellent, great stereo and XM satelite radio, and all sorts of storage. The gas mileage is just fine for me. I got 16.5 miles per gallon in my first week. Almost all of my driving is around town.

I also purchased a mat to cover the bed area. It looks great and fits exact.

This vehicle is a keeper.

Ken in Rhode Island
  • rainier34rainier34 Member Posts: 2
    Great prices on remaining 07 Ridgelines. I got the RT for $21,776 + taxes and fees from a dealer in Vancouver, WA (near Portland, OR). Prices in the Portland area are ~$2,000 less than the quotes I got from Seattle dealers. The out the door price was $23,676.
  • vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    Checking to see if anyone got a good deal on a 2007 Ridgeline in the DC metro area (Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia).

Please post the name of the dealer and your out of the door price. Thanks!
  • bookembookem Member Posts: 1
    I'm 60 years old and don't care about power seats, sound systems, or fancy interiors. I do like nice wheels as long as they won't get me shot for their value. I live on the gulf coast where water in the streets can get high quickly so I'm interested if anyone has had their Ridgeline in water. Does Honda offer an assist step to get into the cabin? Has anyone attempted to raise the ground clearance? Would a RTX model leave me short of some desires I have mentioned? Thanks
    The Rl doesn't sit that high but if you need a step you are probably talking about step rails or running boards available from the dealer or aftermarket.

I don't think the Rtx has any more or less limitations on what you want to do than the RTL or Rt. The Rtxs are hard to find in the 07's as they have been clearing the RLs out around here for 6000+ off msrp. The 08's probably go for $3000+ off msrp at least for now.

Good Luck
    --jjf

I'm 60 years old and don't care about power seats, sound systems, or fancy interiors. I do like nice wheels as long as they won't get me shot for their value. I live on the gulf coast where water in the streets can get high quickly so I'm interested if anyone has had their Ridgeline in water. Does Honda offer an assist step to get into the cabin? Has anyone attempted to raise the ground clearance? Would a RTX model leave me short of some desires I have mentioned? Thanks
  • callmerayzcallmerayz Member Posts: 11
    Good 4 U. That' a Great deal... Did you have a trade? Does anyone know how long the factory to dealer money is available?
    thanks
  • gaterz3gaterz3 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a new 2007 RTS in North Central Florida for $25K + dealer put about $1K extra in my trade and I got 'em to throw in the bed extender. Not the absolute best deal in the world but happy.

Love the vehicle and good luck to those shopping
  • bcbudbcbud Member Posts: 6
    I would love to know who your dealer was for the RT?
    If you do not want it public email me @ udo1968@canada.com
    Thanks
  • phillseaphillsea Member Posts: 11
    Sorry, I am late in posting this - I was able to get an 07 Silver RT out the door (with tax, tags, everything) for $22,850 in the Washington DC area. I looked all over the metro area, but ended up buying from a dealer in Silver Spring actually. Not a bad deal (I hope! :D )
    What is the tax in the DC area ? If you paid 21400 sans tax that is a good deal.

good luck
    --jjf

Sorry, I am late in posting this - I was able to get an 07 Silver RT out the door (with tax, tags, everything) for $22,850 in the Washington DC area. I looked all over the metro area, but ended up buying from a dealer in Silver Spring actually. Not a bad deal (I hope! )