Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Ridgeline Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ida4128ida4128 Member Posts: 6
    I contacted American Honda again this morning and the rep I spoke to indicated it is possible for the '09 RTL to be at dealerships or enroute. This was contrary to what I was told on 9/8 by another American Honda rep. It appears a number of my local dealerships do not have the correct/current information.
  • kderobertiskderobertis Member Posts: 82
    ida4128,

You seem very eager to get a 2009, but don't you believe that the pricing will not be in your favor, since the 2009 truck is a rare commodity right now? I'm also going to purchase a 2009 RTL, but I expect to wait until close to the winter holidays for better pricing.
  • bolivarbolivar Member Posts: 2,316
    I wasn't replying to you, and didn't call you anything.

I was responding to ida4128 who said "If you can, please educate us on why American Honda would advise the 2009 RTL release is delayed and there is no set date for the release, yet you just took delivery on some. I called American Honda via their 800 number on Monday (9/8) and was told that. I have been told a number of different stories from local dealers and I do not know what to believe."

I obviously was giving my opinion about why 'a number of different stories from local dealer' would be given out. They probably have 2008 vehicles in current inventory and want to sell them. You know, auto salesmen have been known to give mis-directing stories to potential customers. Having never discussed anything directly with you, I am making no specific statement about anything you say or write.
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    Thanks for clearing your confusing post which I assumed was directed at me. In the last year I have been nothing but a straight shooter on this board.
  • aspesisteveaspesisteve Member Posts: 833
    mplshondadlr,

i believe you've been a "straight shooter" on the board, but with that said, surely you could see salesmen on other lots telling people false information either deliberately or out of ignorance....can't you?

i can imagine some sales managers keeping their sales people in the dark if they're sitting on too many '08 Ridgelines. You wouldn't want them to be talking about the '09's with prospects when they need to unload the '08's. It's a dumb way of doing business, but that goes with the territory.

I used to do advertising with car dealerships in the 80's. somehow I don't think alot has changed since then
  • schrade2schrade2 Member Posts: 2
    My corporate fleet guy is looking for a new ridgeline in the Mpls metro area. We are looking for an 2008 RTX do you have any? feel free to pm me here.

Thanks.
    There are only four RTX's available in the five state area. None here in Minnesota.
    Ken Vance in Eau Claire, WI has a red one
    Community Honda in Waterloo, IA has a red one
    Ken Wise in Marshalltown, IA has a red one
    And Zimbrick in Madison, WI has a white one.

There are only 18 2008 Ridgelines left in the state on Minnesota. Mostly RTL and RTL navi.
  • bolivarbolivar Member Posts: 2,316
    Wow, 18 2008 Ridgelines in a state. That doesn't seem like a backlog of inventory to me.

I would think these dealers would be longing for the 2009's to show up. Especially since this is a northern state, and winter's a-coming.
  • jimbob1jimbob1 Member Posts: 70
    And in contrast, there is a 5-location Honda dealer in SE Penna that has 53 Ridgelines. I'm guessing there aren't in a hurry for the 2009s. :)
    There are 145 within a 30 miles radius on Long Island.
    We've had 2009 here for about a week. In fact, I have an appointment on one tonight. :)
    So how much is Honda discounting the 2009's?
    Honda isn't discounting the 2009's at all. Dealerships in my area are discounting 'em about $1000 - $1500 depending on trim level.
    As expected, I will wait until the Christmas holidays to approach
    The 2008's are not moving, I still have 146 available in at 30 miles radius from my zip code same number 7 days ago.

With oil on it's way back up, these trucks will be slow in moving and with the 2009's starting to appear, this is going to be very interesting.
  • 07exlres07exlres Member Posts: 11
    I'm sure it has been posted here before but where do you find the inventory numbers?

I don't really NEED a new truck but if a real fire sale ensues in the next few months, I mught be persuaded to buy one. :)
    Go to www.cars.com, under New Cars, select the type of car and enter your zip code.
    I was going to treat myself to a new 2009 RTL, but based on the financial status of our economy, I think it's best to wait and see, There was no need to go out and reward myself with a new vechicle, since my 2004 Honda CRV-EX is fine, with very low milease.

I still cait believe there our still 147 2008 Ridgeliner's in a 30 miles radius of my zipcode.
  • zack1950zack1950 Member Posts: 1
    I got my RTS in Jul 05, one of the first in my area. I had a 1991 GMC Sonoma ext cab, but wanted seating for 4 without getting a full sized truck. I considered the Ford Explorer Trac, but after checking out and driving the Ridgeline it became a no brainer. The storage under the back seat and in-bed trunk sold me. I also prefered the coated bed rather than liner.
    I averaged 80/20 (hwy/city) driving for the first 30,000 miles and averaged 18/21 mpg. I took a 5200 mile trip this June, 17 states, 10 cities in 10 days. I averaged 20.4 on the trip with speeds averaging 65-85. I got an oil change in Philly, but other than that she drove great. I have 60,000 on it now and have never had a problem.
    I'm in NC near Ft Bragg and I see a lot of them, even one on 22" rims (please).
    My wife has a '03 Pilot we bought new, its at 97,000 miles now with no problems and a '93 Accord with 195,000. I love GM vehicles but for fit/finish and reliability I will stay with Honda.
  • zyncplatezyncplate Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased the 2009 ridgeline rtl with navi. Dark gray black leather interior. Added the lower brush guard, roof rack.rear mud guards,new grill, rectangular running boards.

msrp was 37000 plus 4000 in accessories MSRP total 41000
    after dealer reduction rate. thats what they called it and using the internet My final cost before taxes was 32900
    $8,100 off a 2009 is amazing, but do you think you could of received the same discount without the dealer installed items?

I want a 2009, but with the economy is such trouble, I really have no justification to purchase one, since all my vehicles are new and paid off.
  • 3boysmom3boysmom Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased, $24,988 plus $298 paper fees, otd. No tax as we are in NH. Used donkey punch method for dealers in state. None could touch this price from Boch in MA. Closest was $1700 more, even dealerships that "guaranteed" price match. Well worth the 1.5 hour drive to save this. Most paperwork ready when we arrived, only 1.5 hours at the dealership. Both sales person and business manager friendly and easy to deal with. Extended warranty presented but no high pressure sales pitch. Very nice to deal with. As we had no trade in they are even delivering the truck to the town hall in two days for free. Great service. Would highly recommend. :shades:
  • gja_bostongja_boston Member Posts: 1
    Just signed the paper work on Wednesday, (boston and metrowest area) a new 2008 RT-msrp: $28,000--invoice: $25362, price paid:$19,800-not including trade in.

Needless to say, I am delighted with the deal. This is a lot less than I paid for my 2006 pilot and my 2001 maxima that I used as a trade in.

I used Edmunds and Cars.com online "request a quote"-selected 6 different dealers,
    to my surprise, only 2 responded, both with the same offer almost to the dollar.

I was set on buying something used in a range of $18,000-$20,000 with a limit of 36k miles, but at the last minute, (and after reading comments in the edmunds forums) I decided to see if the dealers really wanted to get any 2008 models off the lots. At this price, and the 2.9% financing, I couldn't say no.
  • smginlasmginla Member Posts: 1
    First time poster here. I'm redeploying from Iraq in January back to Fort Polk and I'm looking at buying a 2008 RTL at that time. Does anybody know where I can get a good deal in Houston, Dallas, Lafayette, Shreveport, or Baton Rouge?

Also, what is a good OTD price I should be looking for.

Thanks..
  • shackmshackm Member Posts: 9
    smqinla,

First, thank you for your service. I know you're in a hurry to get back to beautiful Fort Polk, LA!

From what I've been reading, looks like folks are paying approx. $27k/OTD for an 08 RTL. To stay up to date on what they're going for, check out the following site:

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/ (Once in the forum, click on, "Shoppin' and Test Drivin' " for some feedback on prices)

Overall, a fairly informative website for owners or future owners.

Take care, and watch your six!
  • janizaryjanizary Member Posts: 4
    Purchased in late October:

2008 RTL
    $26,000 (including dest)
    +TTL
    I was looking at a 2009, but they were pushing the 2008 so I purchased the 2008 Ridgeline RTL (no navi) w/dest for $23,725 + TTL.

Truely amazing!
  • kevinbrysonkevinbryson Member Posts: 2
    im in MA as well, went to Herb Chambers in Burlington, didnt like the pricing at all for a 2009 - can you please tell me where in NH you went - what dealership pls...

thanks

Kevin
  • kevinbrysonkevinbryson Member Posts: 2
    got it sorry - Boch Honda -- appreciate the info
    WOW indeed! I am a Honda dealer in Minneapolis and I can't even buy one at that price. Would you mind sharing the dealers name? If I can save $2000.00 I'll will buy it today!
  • lab88lab88 Member Posts: 24
    The online numbers are outdated. My Honda dealers listings show many more vehicles than they actually have in inventory. One shows 38 listings for Odysseys but has only 4.
  • sbernsteinsbernstein Member Posts: 17
    I am considering purchasing a new 2009 Ridgeline RTL w/Nav in the Seattle area. Seems like supply might be a bit constrained. Anyone have any good pricing stories here? Haven't seen any updates to this thread in quite some time...
  • jksledsonjksledson Member Posts: 14
    I'm finding that dealers are about $3K above the Edmunds true price for leftover 2008s. Not sure why.
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    Go to ridgelineownersclub.com for up to date sales prices.

good luck
    --jjf
    Already have one dealer who will mat a carsdirect.com price of about $32.5K (a bit over $1000 less than invoice), but I think I might be able to do better with a fax/email blast campaign.
    Imports are notorious for better inventory control on trucks. (they make fewer, and don't completely depend on them for survival)

A quick lookup on kbb.com may reveal a used 08 ridgeling rtl navi (36000 msrp) with avg miles may have a trade in of 25000 or less. This is what your 09 will be worth in 12 months. $7500 is a lot to eat on a slow moving vehicle 1st year.
    The vehicle sold for 5000-6000 off msrp since its intro this time of year. This was during better times. 32000+ you can see is by no means giving it away.

Good luck
    --jjf

Already have one dealer who will mat a carsdirect.com price of about $32.5K (a bit over $1000 less than invoice), but I think I might be able to do better with a fax/email blast campaign.
    There is $2500.00 indealer cash on the Ridgelines. We're selling our 09 Ridgeline RTL Navi's for $31274.00; which is invoice - $2500.00

We only have two left and once they're gone, they're gone for 90+ days.
    Using a "fax/email blast method", I have already seen prices as low as $31.354 locally, and I expect that additional offers will come in under that. I will post the final price and configuration I end up with. The problem right now isn't willing dealers, its finding willing dealers who also happen to have an '09 Ridgeline RTL w/Nav to sell me!
    The deal i settled on is a 2009 Ridgeline RTL with Nav in Bali Blue for 31,074. This price includes mudflaps and wheel locks. I am set to pick it up later this morning.
  • k301tonk301ton Member Posts: 1
    sbernstein,
    I too am looking for a Ridgeline in the Seattle area. Not sure if a 08' or 09' yet, but if I may ask, what dealer did you go through for your 09' ?
    Thanks
    I went for the 2009 due to the changes from the 2008, particularly around bluetooth, MP3, and the backup camera. The interior, I think, is also a little nicer. I ended up at Capital City Honda down in Olympia. I ended up with about $2800 under invoice and the experience in the end was quite good. Email me if you need more info. I know a few other deals who had an '09, so I can share that as well.
  • rclairebrclaireb Member Posts: 1
    I'm in southern PA area, looking for Ridgeling RTL w Navi, got an offer on an '08 w mud flaps as only option for $29,991. Liked the truck, but feel it's too high for '08. Granted it's loaded, but it's not an 09 and they have 5 of these in stock...any consensus on price offer?
    I paid a few dollars over $31K for a fully loaded 2009, including mudflaps. From a depreciation standpoint alone, I would think a 2009 is a better deal, particularly when you take the additional features included on the 2009 model. I think they have additional room to deal. Good luck!
  • upontheridgeupontheridge Member Posts: 3
    I just picked up a 2009 Bali Blue Ridgeline RTL with Navi last night. 30,750+TTF for OTD price of 32,300. NC sales tax is 3%. Invoice plus destination less the 2,500 incentive was 31,400. MSRP was 37,400 which included mud flaps, wheel locks and pinstriping.
  • jplymanjplyman Member Posts: 90
    All -

I'm thinking of buying an Amazon Green RTL with XM Honda Certified with 37,000 and trading in my '08 Element EX (FWD) with 24,000 for 22,256 out the door in GA - is this a good deal? I owe 17,458 on my Element

Thank you in advance
    Boy. I have no Idea if taxes tag and title in GA is $300 or $2000. See what kbb.com says your element is worth. (I'm guessing you are about $1000 underwater in the element) See what a 06 RTL with 37000 is worth (trade in value) probably around 18000. Personally, I would prefer to fish for a purchase price around 18000, as they may well have paid considerably less.

Good luck
    --jim

All -

I'm thinking of buying an Amazon Green RTL with XM Honda Certified with 37,000 and trading in my '08 Element EX (FWD) with 24,000 for 22,256 out the door in GA - is this a good deal? I owe 17,458 on my Element

Thank you in advance
  • eagleye64eagleye64 Member Posts: 1
    How did you negociate a deal for $2800.00 under invoice? I'm in the market for a 09 RTL w/nav and edmond and AAA come in with an invoice of $33,614.00. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Eagleye64
    When I bought mine, there was a $2500 manufacturer to dealer incentive, so it was really $300 under invoice. Its been 6+ months and I can tell you its the best truck I have ever owned - I am confident you will love it! Good luck!
  • buyonsalebuyonsale Member Posts: 3
    I saw this at a local dealer.
    Mileage: 11,645
    Body Style: Crew Cab Pickup (includes camper shell, or whatever you call it)
    Exterior Color: Taffeta White

Anyone buy a used 2008 RTS? Want to know what the lowest successful price people have gotten.
    Thanks!
  • msudzmsudz Member Posts: 3
    Just purchased a 2006 Amazon Green RTL, running boards, foglights, with 23,000 miles for $21,250. Horrible dealer, so-so sales guy, hopefully an awesome truck.