Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

New Chevy SUV @ 2006

biondibiondi Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
I am anticipating new chevy suv - S3X.
not sex :)
I think it will give the power to GM.

Since Daewoo has been changed to Chevrolet here in Europe, thing look very promising.
Check for instance this Chevy S3X.
Officialy it's a concept, but it won't change much when it goes on sale early next year.

It's developed in Korea, using the Equinox(Saturn Vue) platform. Furthermore, the S3X will get a brand-new dieselengine developed in Italy, very important for the European market. SUV's are getting increasingly popular over here, despite fuel costing 8 dollars per gallon, there is for instance a one year waiting list on the Kia Sorento. I think the S3X looks great! Very muscular. And it's practical as well, with seven seats as standard. If GM price it right, it will be a huge hit, no doubt. And suddenly the namechange from Daewoo to Chevrolet seems to make sense as well. After all, it looks pretty American, and it sound a lot better to say that you have a Chevy SUV than a Korean one! Good work, GM. I think they should sell it in the States as well. It can be produced cheap in Korea. Maybe it serves as a GMC? They did have a version of the (god-awful) Tracker and Blazer, didn't they? The S3X would perfectly fill this gap, and it has a real advantage over the Equinox. It looks better (that's my opinion at least), and has seven seats. Geez, i'm enthusing about a Korean car! The world is changing fast...

--------------------------------------------

Picture : http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2050301.004/Chevrolet/1.html

http://www.auto123.com/en/info/news/prototype,view,Chevrolet.spy?artid=30408&pg=1

Al l S3X designed & developed by GM DAEWOO

KOREA (7 Seats , Manufactured by GM DAEWOO ):
- 2.0 Turbo Diesel
- 2.4 V6 Gasoline

EUROPE (5 Seats , Manufactured by GM EUROPE - OPEL ) :
- 2.0 Turbo Diesel
- 2.4 V6 Gasoline
- 3.4 HF V6 Gasoline

NORTH AMERICA (5 Seats? , Manufactured by GM ) :
- 3.4 HF V6 GASOLINE
- 3.6 HONDA V6 GASOLINE

Comments

• biondibiondi Member Posts: 7
    I AM Anticipating new chevy suv - S3X.
    not sex :)
    I think it will give the power to GM.

Picture : http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/newsid/2050301.004/Chevrolet/1.html

http://www.auto123.com/en/info/news/prototype,view,Chevrolet.spy?artid=30408&pg=1

Since Daewoo has been changed to Chevrolet here in Europe, thing look very promising.
    Check for instance this Chevy S3X.
    Officialy it's a concept, but it won't change much when it goes on sale early next year.

It's developed in Korea, using the Equinox(Saturn Vue) platform. Furthermore, the S3X will get a brand-new dieselengine developed in Italy, very important for the European market. SUV's are getting increasingly popular over here, despite fuel costing 8 dollars per gallon, there is for instance a one year waiting list on the Kia Sorento. I think the S3X looks great! Very muscular. And it's practical as well, with seven seats as standard. If GM price it right, it will be a huge hit, no doubt. And suddenly the namechange from Daewoo to Chevrolet seems to make sense as well. After all, it looks pretty American, and it sound a lot better to say that you have a Chevy SUV than a Korean one! Good work, GM. I think they should sell it in the States as well. It can be produced cheap in Korea. Maybe it serves as a GMC? They did have a version of the (god-awful) Tracker and Blazer, didn't they? The S3X would perfectly fill this gap, and it has a real advantage over the Equinox. It looks better (that's my opinion at least), and has seven seats. Geez, i'm enthusing about a Korean car! The world is changing fast...

------------------------------------------------

Al l S3X designed & developed by GM DAEWOO

- 2.0 Turbo Diesel
    - 2.4 V6 Gasoline

- 2.0 Turbo Diesel
    - 2.4 V6 Gasoline
    - 3.4 HF V6 Gasoline

- 3.4 HF V6 GASOLINE
    - 3.6 HONDA V6 GASOLINE

GM DAT S3X (I couldn't find the NA version)

- Mix of American and European styling

- Monocoque chassis

- Length/Width/Height: 4,639/1,848/1,722 mm

- Entirely developed by the two-year-old company in South Korea, GM Daewoo

- Production version is launched in early 2006

- Marketing slogan : "Have you had S3X today?"
    - Long wheelbase of around 2.70 metres

- Suitably-aggressive Stateside front end

- Engine : 2.0 Turbo Diesel / 2.5 V6 Gasoline / (Hybrid @ 2007)

- Powerfully flared wheel arches filled by large 20-inch wheels

- Jewel-like front headlamps in which the light is diverted by cylindrical prisms

- Striking metal inserts in the front and rear bumpers

- Louvered glass roof

- The rear window can be opened separately to make the luggage compartment readily accessible without needing to open the tailgate.
    - DVD-based navigation system linked to an 18 cm monitor
  • davem2001davem2001 Member Posts: 557
    From what I've read, they aren't planning to sell it here - too close to the Equinox in size, price, etc...

Does look very nice, though. Has a little bit of a Porsche Cayenne look to the rear 3/4.

It looks smaller than the Equinox to me.. maybe what they should do is have this as the smaller 'crossover' SUV and then have a stretched Equinox with 3-rows (7,8 passenger) to go against the bigger crossovers like the Freestyle..
    The above pictures are not for USA.

but I've heard another model for USA is under development.

I think it will be more bigger and powerful than european and asia model from the following & known information. (more bigger engine)

---------------------------------------------

- 3.4 HF V6 GASOLINE
    - 3.6 HONDA V6 GASOLINE

- 2.0 Turbo Diesel
    - 2.4 V6 Gasoline

- 2.0 Turbo Diesel
    - 2.4 V6 Gasoline
    - 3.4 HF V6 Gasoline
    OK -

I do think it looks great, better than the Equinox...Hopefully the one that makes it to the USA will look just as good.

GM (Chevrolet) needs to have a 7 passenger "crossover" SUV
  • asafonovasafonov Member Posts: 401
    Entirely developed by the two-year-old company in South Korea, GM Daewoo

Is that a good or a bad thing?
  • carlisimocarlisimo Member Posts: 1,280
    SW33T!! TEH CH3VY S3X W1LL R0X3R J00R B0X3RZ!!!!11

Sorry, I can't stop making fun of the name. It does look nice though.
    I think the design by GM Daewoo is really good.

and it would give good performace because the engine manufacturer for US S3X is - reliable - Honda or Holden.

- good inter/exter designs by GM Daewoo
    - reliable and durable engine by Honda or Holden
    - qualified manufacturing by GM.

isn't it good combination?? :)
    If it came to USA I would expect it to have a "corporate" GM V6, either the same one as the Equinox or the one from the Malibu, maybe the Honda V6 from the Saturn VUE.
  • nippononlynippononly Member Posts: 12,555
    could use a car-based replacement for the Tracker, and this is certainly cute enough to be a "cute ute". I don't know why it needs those big V-6s from Holden or Honda though, why not make it a bit smaller (don't want overlap with the Equinox and don't need more that five seats) and make the Ecotec 2.2 the standard engine?

For that matter, why does it need to be on the Vue/Equinox platform, which is bigger? Why not the Cobalt platform?

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

Generally the specification of the vehicle is based on the marketting strategy or requirements.

I think

- GM judged more bigger vehicle(needs more powerful engine) is effective for US market

- GM is thinking it as the next Saturn SUV.
    I don't know how big this is? Is it bigger than the Equinox or smaller? To me, it looks like it is about the same as an Equinox...

If it's more of the RAV4, CR-V size, then yeah, have the Ecotec be the base engine.

The Equinox could then move up to be the 3 row 7 passenger
    Good point about the Saturn - with a little tweaking, this could be the next VUE...minus the 'bowtie', the front end looks a lot like the new Saturn Aura concept.
  • boomer1bboomer1b Member Posts: 316
    The GM mexico site. They seem to have a simular vehicle already down there.

Can't read spanish............

A year wait for a kia in Europe ? Eeekkkk !
    Would you let me know the GM Mexico site URL?
  • dialm4speeddialm4speed Member Posts: 110
    H-O-L-Y J-E-S-U-S! Fuel is $8 dollars a gallon????? Are you friggin kindding??

With gas prices approaching $3 bucks per gallon in the US, I think SUV's (the really big ones anyway)are gonna start going the way of the dinosaurs.
  • corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,265
    Reports seem to indicate it is intended for Europe only. Nice styling--love the BMW-esque crease at the beltline.
  • theo2709theo2709 Member Posts: 476
    This could be your next Saturn VUE.
  • joey2brixjoey2brix Member Posts: 463
    Can't they get the factory in China to produce anything better then that old push rod 3.4L?

With the price of gas I'd expect the Chinese to want better fuel economy then that old boat anchor.
  • pb68pb68 Member Posts: 1
    I think the URL is the following:

http://www.uplander.com.mx/

Greetings from Holland/Haarlem.
  • corvettecorvette Member Posts: 10,265
    The "little tweaking" is the problem. They should sell it in the US as-is, just don't offer the lower-end powertrains, and keep the suspension tuning the same. The S3X is beautiful, if they do anything to the styling I can almost promise it will look garish. If we get a "version" of this car, it will not be the same as the original.
  • joey2brixjoey2brix Member Posts: 463
    Seeing there's already a CRV, RAV4, Kia, etc in the smaller SUV market, no rush to bring it to the US. I think we're more likely to see the Vue/Nox/Torrent reskinned in '08 with a Suzuki OHC V6 since these will be imported for the XL-7 Theta.
This discussion has been closed.