Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

F150 Super Crew Cab - II

meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
edited March 2014 in Ford
This topic is a continuation of Topic 702....

F150 Super Crew Cab. Please continue these
discussions here.

Front Porch Philosopher
SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host

Comments

• gregsgirlgregsgirl Member Posts: 3
    i live in southern nh and am looking at bringing home a screw in feb 01 (our 90 4runner needs to be registered that month) when should i look at ordering? it sounds like many of you folks have waited up to three months...also, any dealers in northern mass, nh, southern vt or southern maine that you all would recommend? i have been educating myself over the past few months,and i won't get "screwed" on this one. also, has anyone seen on edmunds that after sept 00, blue oval dealers will get an addtl 1.25% holdback on total invoice, as well as 3% on total msrp. more negotiating power for the consumer. any feedback would be great thanks
  • gregsgirlgregsgirl Member Posts: 3
    i live in southern nh and am looking at bringing home a screw in feb 01 (our 90 4runner needs to be registered that month) when should i look at ordering? it sounds like many of you folks have waited up to three months...also, any dealers in northern mass, nh, southern vt or southern maine that you all would recommend? i have been educating myself over the past few months,and i won't get "screwed" on this one. also, has anyone seen on edmunds that after sept 00, blue oval dealers will get an addtl 1.25% holdback on total invoice, as well as 3% on total msrp. more negotiating power for the consumer. any feedback would be great thanks
  • fred59fred59 Member Posts: 11
    Just had a Rhino Liner sprayed in the bed of my supercrew, it looks good. $330.00
  • k2riderk2rider Member Posts: 21
    I rec'd the "Supercrew" blanket in the mail the other day from Ford. I didn't even know about it until I read about it from somebody here on the board. I thought it was pretty cool of Ford to send something like that out as a "thanks for choosing Ford" type of thing. No other auto manufacturer has done that (for me) in the past.
  • posadas802posadas802 Member Posts: 13
    I'm still suffering from new truck syndrome and last week I witnessed someone hitting my new 2001 F-150SC on driver side. As many of you can imagine I nearly suffered a heart attack and was pretty torque seeing this quarter size blemish. I thought I was safe parking next to a handicap parking stall, but I was wrong. Anyway, a friend of mind recommended Dent Wizard (they have shops nationwide - www.dentwiz.com). They specialize in paintless dent removal (PDR). Ck out this article http://carpoint.msn.com/jump/news/Jpapnews_4018966_6.asp

It was expensive, $147, but it gave me peace of mind and I don't have to stare at the blemish, anymore.
  • dbdunndbdunn Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Does anyone have the rear seat A/V entertainment system that is sold in the 2001 F150 super crew truck? What is your inpression? Which is better the moonroof or the A/V systems? How does that A/V system work?
  • k2riderk2rider Member Posts: 21
    We thought about getting one but then decided against it. We opted for one of the new portable DVD players instead. The system sold by the manufacturers uses some "no-name" TV and VCR with a 5" screen tops. Big name VCR's are enough trouble and the tapes are big. The $1200 price tag doesn't help either.

We bought a 7" screen portable DVD player (Kenwood and Panasonic) for less than $900. It is smaller (8" X 5" X 1" thick) and you can take it anywhere. We take it on planes as well as car trips. The kids love it because they can hold it in their lap.
  • jojukjojuk Member Posts: 5
    My wife and I have a Super Crew with 6,600 miles and love it. We were invited to a factory 'thanks' dinner on 8/9/00 held at Thoroughbred Ford in Kansas City. It began with a catered bbq dinner, a tour of the dealer facilities and then a panel discussion which was filmed. The whole process took 3 1/2 hours, but we received many Ford goodies at the end including a $100 certificate good at the dealership. Each dinner table included the buyer and spouse plus six (6) factory people. The plant general mgr, engineer's, director's from each division and even the held of the local union participated. Every owner rated the Super Crew as a 9 or 10. Many suggestions for minor improvements were made. The only problems were minor: 1. automatic door locks can pinch arms when they activate 2. the arrows on the pedal adjust switch are backwards. The engineers attending were already working on the switch problem last night. It was an enjoyable evening and worth the $100 and goodies provided. The Super Crew is the one to buy. John Kroenke K.C. MO
  • jojukjojuk Member Posts: 5
    Not only is the Super Crew the one to buy. Thoroughbred is the dealer to buy from in the Kansas City metro area and Mr. Tom Rich is the salesman. You can reach the dealership at www.thoroughbredford.net Sorry I forgot that before. John Kroenke
  • posadas802posadas802 Member Posts: 13
    jojuk, I posted some minor chgs on topic #702 (I believe this is now in archive), #495 of 502. Just curious if these chgs ever came up in your dinner? In addition to those suggested chgs, Ford should have an option for a power rear window. Obviously, it's hard get back there fm the ft seat.
  • ringmanringman Member Posts: 3
    I am wanting to order supercrew F150 with the new chestnut exterior with a dark graphite interior, but parchment is the only option. do you know how and anyone that can make the change. dealers are not much help. I E-mail ford and the response was the change is made by the executive level (depending upon market data, customer demand and dealer input), but I can not get a dealer to input anything.
  • skyline2skyline2 Member Posts: 2
    I just got a Supercrew, sticker at $32,200, and I paid $28,900. Yeah, don't tell me. They found me one with everything I wanted but the power driver's seat (one more thing to break, my dad would say) and skid plates.
    I'd really like the York bedliner, but their website doesn't specify super crewcab as a size they support. Any ideas about either York or a good #2 option? I want something that will brace and partition cargo, like theirs will. Also, anyone got a website for Dick Cepak? A google search found me people selling trucks w/Cepak tires, but no website. Other "must have" toys for the SCrew? I'm thinking about putting LTX Michelins on it, rather than the Generals it came with. At least they're not Bridgestones....
    So far, so good. I'd really like to install a FranTz filter, but I bet that tanks the warrantee. Anyone out there w/experience w/the Frantz?
    And what was the brand name for the better speakers, and where would I get them?
    Thanks in advance...
  • skyline2skyline2 Member Posts: 2
    Still in love with the new truck. Not so much with Ford; they want $47 for another 6 CD cartridge for the player; any ideas where to get 'em cheaper? Or what brand Ford is touting? I don't think they make the CD players in K City...
    Got my bed extender with a broken plastic pin on the port side; will be covered they say. Cheap way to anchor that rig. More later.
  • fullsizefullsize Member Posts: 14
    I test drove today, and loved the truck except I thought the arm rests on the captains chairs were too small. Meanwhile, the bench, with the center armrest down, seemed fine. Anybody else have commments on their seat choice and the plusses or minuses they've discovered since purchase? (And how leather fits into this equation?) Thanks.
  • lmbarberlmbarber Member Posts: 14
    I had a hard time choosing seat configuration. I didn't like the cd changer being behind the back seat. I didn't like the cd changer taking up so much space in the center console. Setteled on the front bench. I rarely listen to cd's anyway. Saved me $500 over the Capt. chairs. $500 to spend elsewhere. The bench is comfortable. The fold down armrest console has enough room. The space for a middle rider is practicle. Done deal.
  • vbavarovbavaro Member Posts: 1
    Edmund's says that the 2001 4.6L Triton power was increased 20 hp to 240 hp. My dealer knew nothing about this change. Can anyone confirm the power improvement? Is it worth waiting for? Anyone have any experience with?
  • meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
    After 30 or more days of inactivity....

this topic is being "frozen." It will be archived or deleted in the next 10 days or so. Thanks!

Front Porch Philosopher
    SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host
This discussion has been closed.