Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Sports Cars - The Definitive Discussion

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    fedlawmanfedlawman Member Posts: 3,118
    "Even with 32 valves, four camshafts, tons of doo-dads for variable valve camshaft timing and phasing and variable intake geometry, the very best Benz can do is 503 horsepower."

...from 6.3 litres.

LS7 power from LS3 displacement? Hmmm...how come Chevy didn't do that?
  • Options
    starrow68starrow68 Member Posts: 1,142
    c...dome: " ... As out host has mentioned ( twice ? ) this is about street cars...sure racing improves the quality of our products ( one of my main points with Porsche ), but we are talking street cars here. ... "

I still don't understand paisan's comment. The title is ... discussion of sports cars.
    Today, as Mike is well aware, performance and many non-performance cars are
    taken on roadrace tracks every weekend of the year. Last time I was out I got a
    right seat ride in a very non-sports car, a Monte Carlo, but that doesn't take away
    from the fact that most of the cars on track are streetable sports cars. They are
    being used as they were designed, not as race cars, but as performance sports
    cars going around turns to improve driver skill. Very much on point to the title!
    Randy
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    To all: Mike (paisan) is not the host here, claires is and I am filling in for her temporarily.

The discussion is indeed about sports cars.

ONE MORE TIME. We are talking about the cars listed at the top of the discussion and we are NOT talking about each other. If you folks want to continue to participate in this discussion, you need to stay on topic and drop the confrontational personal comments.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Pat, Roving Host
  • Options
    chrmdomechrmdome Member Posts: 107
    SIR;

TOTAL CRAP GIVE ME A BRAKE OR IS IT BREAK. YOU ARE AN INSITER!

Chromedome
  • Options
    chrmdomechrmdome Member Posts: 107
    Greetings gents:

Here is my take on this totally bs diatribe. Analogy:Republicans VS Democrats. The Republicans believe what they do and don't care what the Democrats think. On the other hand, the Democrats get angry when the Republicans do not accept their BS. Same with Porsche and Corvette owners. I own a Porsche and don't give a flying rats [non-permissible content removed] what the Corvette guys think about my car...or for that matter how they feel about Corvette but you Corvette guys waste oxygen trying to convince me of the quality/ potential of the Corvette. I DON"T CARE!

Chromedome
This discussion has been closed.