Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Flex

13»

Comments

• fezofezo Member Posts: 10,384
    I saw one of these the other day in a parking lot nearby. It looks nice in person. Overpriced but nice.
    2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2014 Mazda 3 Sport Hatchback, 1999 Mazda Miata 2004 Toyota Camry LE, 1999.
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    Overpriced compared to what?
  • cannon3cannon3 Member Posts: 296
    A person in my neighborhood bought a silver Flex with the white roof. I have seen it now parked in their driveway along with out on the road a few times. What an eye catching vehicle. I like it myself. Would I buy one, no. Not for me, my kids are about all grown up. If my kids were younger, yep, I would buy. Very original styling and look for Ford.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter is looking to speak to consumers who purchased a Ford Flex and decided to drive versus fly when vacationing. Please send your daytime phone number and the vehicle you own to ctalatiedmunds.com by Friday, April 10, 2009.
  • JTOJTO Member Posts: 28
    It's the middle of April. Any idea when the 2010 models will come out... Or at least more info on what will be added, changed, etc. I hear all about the Ecoboost engine, but what might be included in that package?

Hopefully the downshift thing, and telescoping column will be addressed... they seem to be the only gripes.
  • peterraopeterrao Member Posts: 4
    This definitely takes the Gold Cup for the "ugliest design". I would think that Ford would do better with past failures in their minvan segment.
    Just because it's ugly to you doesn't mean it's ugly to everyone else. It's a polarizing design - some people hate it but others love it. As opposed to bland minivan styling that nobody notices one way or the other. It's actually selling decently right now considering the overall car market.
  • edf4edf4 Member Posts: 65
    Ugly?? No, this car is sharp looking and unique, and a very welcome change from the look-alike SUV's and minivans on the road today. No one will confuse it for anything else. I'm proud of Ford for taking a bold step and producing this car, though whoever came up with Flex should be demoted. What a terrible name: it sounds like a toothpaste. If I were in the market for a large, sharp looking vehicle, this would be the one I would buy, hands down!
    Thank you for proving my point......
  • cheapobobcheapobob Member Posts: 2
    Just took delivery of my black/silver Flex Ltd. last night and can't wipe the smile off my face. Driving into my parking garage this morning, I couldn't help but notice how bland and similar every other CUV/SUV looks. I'm reminded of the Q5 commercial with the kid coming out of the school to a line of identical Lexus RX's.

Now that I've got it, the design doesn't strike me as that unusual, honestly. It's not like the Aztek whic was barely even shaped like a motor vehicle.
    4,305 units sold in May. It was a slow starter but catching on. I think a lot of people were waiting to see others on the road and sales will continue to slowly ramp up over the next few months.

If you assume a 40% reduction in the overall car market that puts the pre-meltdown sales volume at 7,175 or 86,100 per year which is really close to what Ford was predicting.

Given the current environment this is impressive.
  • kustom1kustom1 Member Posts: 1
    did you find out when the 2010's are delivering?
  • big_guybig_guy Member Posts: 372
    I've heard that the 2010's are coming out in September of '09. I've also heard that the telescoping steering column will be available starting on the 2nd or 3rd production run ... be available end of October. But that is just what I've heard.
This discussion has been closed.