Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Tacoma Pictures

pb2themaxpb2themax Member Posts: 471
edited March 2014 in Toyota
I think It'd be cool if we had a thread where people posted pictures of their Tacoma's. I'd like to see lots of 05 Taco's, so potential buyers can see some real pics of how the trucks look with different colors and options. Post your pics.

Comments

• pb2themaxpb2themax Member Posts: 471
    OK. Then I'll be the first to post some pics.

This is my Black DoubleCab 4x4 TRD Sport #2 w/ AT. I just clayed, polished, and waxed it. I'm going to add some exterior accessories this week.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

• stephgstephg Member Posts: 17
    looks great! are those bridgestones the stock tires? I thought that model came with cheap dunlops. they were building my DC sport lb with towing package on the 16th. Can't wait to get it. I'll post pictures when i do. Steph
  • aztechianaztechian Member Posts: 31
    Sorry I can't add more variety, mine is a black doublecab sport also - it's a 4x2 Longbed with sport pkg #4 (adds towing). Absolutely love it! I'll be getting some tube steps soon.

www.imartin.net/gallery/tacoma
    Yeah, they are Bridgestone Dueler ATs. They are pretty nice and meaty. But when I have to replace them I will go with a more agressive tread. Most of the new TRD Sport Tacos in this area have Bridgestone tires. Maybe it's a regional thing. I'm from SW Ohio, BTW.
    Here's some pics of my new Westin Bull Bar. I like it pretty good. It was pretty easy to install, even though I spent about 30 minutes getting it adjusted just right. I can't stand when things aren't even or level.

Next I'm going to install the Oval Tube Steps, once the the mounting brackets arrive. I guess the mounting brackets were special order. After that I'm getting some PIAA 5250 driving/fog lights for the bull bar.

Correct me if I'm wrong Aztechian, but the #2 package adds the towing and the #4 package adds the towing plus the auto dimming mirror.

I have the #2 package and it has the towing pkg.
    Yep, you've got it right. For both the sport and off road 2 and 4 are the same as 1 and 3 plus towing.
  • imin2mximin2mx Member Posts: 27
    Okay, here is a link to see my DC Sport with a 3" lift. I put 285/75-16 tires (32.8") on Procomp Xtreem Alloy wheels. Sorry, I don't know how to attach pics directly.
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/imin2mx/album?.dir=/1261&.src=ph&.tok=phlEQ3CBhZC.kZsE
  • zenmotozenmoto Member Posts: 14
    Same truck, different color at least! lol I actually went in to the dealer to get a black one and it had drizzled the night before. Looking at the black & silver next to each other I opted for silver at the last minute ...just too much work to keep the black clean (though it does look fantastic when it's shiny). :)

Anyway, here's my Taco.

More pics in my Taco Gallery.

-Z
  • invictus883invictus883 Member Posts: 4
    Like the forum. Here's my 2005 Taco Sport.
    How do you post pictures directly into a message area. I want to post my Taco but can't figure it out. Thanks
  • zenmotozenmoto Member Posts: 14
    You have to have the image already online somewhere. I use exposuremanager.com to host my galleries. Then you simly post the URL of the pic e.g. http://dwagler.exposuremanager.com/scripts/expman.pl?rm=view_photo&photo_id=0358&file=03_m- - - edium.jpg&dir=galleries/14&touched=

and put the Image tags around it (you can use the "Img" button below the text window when composing your post. If you paste in the URL then highlight it, then click on the "Img" button it will put the correct tags at either end of the URL so it works. The tags are simply "[img] and [/img]" with the URL between them.

Good luck.
    -Z
    Here's some pics of my most recent polish/wax job. I used about 7 different steps over the course of 4 days to do it.

• amsgeorgiaamsgeorgia Member Posts: 3
    I've enjoyed looking at everyone else's pictures, so I posted some pics of my Tacoma here:

http://photos.yahoo.com/amsgeorgia7

It's a Prerunner DC with SR5 Package #8 and Impulse Red exterior/Graphite interior.

I took these pictures yesterday after I washed it.
  • tnt67tnt67 Member Posts: 30
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/y2k_ss/album?.dir=/e6df

Didn't seem to grasp the "image tags lesson" so heres a link, Thanks for all the other pics. and links, Enjoying them all.
    Good lookin' truck. What kind of lift and wheels do you have?
    Thanks ...Revtek 3" lift. The wheels are 17 X 9" Mickey Thompson Classic Locks on 265/70 BFG AllTerrains.I have the black lock rings also , but just switched them back to the polished to see how it looks. Pulled all the emblems and stickers, like the cleaner black look.Just about to hit 1,000 miles.Thanks for your post , have a good weekend!
    tnt67
    Here are some pics of my Tacoma. I drove a Jeep Wrangler for 10 years and it was time for a new vehicle so I started researching trucks. I looked at everything and still wasn't sure what I wanted to buy until I saw this beauty on the lot. I never imagined I would buy white ever in a million years but I fell in love with it. So here she is...
    Just tried posting my pics but they don't come up and I followed the instructions to a tee. I see some pics have the pic posted right in it so you aren't redirected to another website. How is this done? Thanks.
    Nice truck.

Here's your links:

Kim's Tacoma1

Kim's Tacoma2

And here's the pics: ;)

To post links: Go to where ever your picture is. Right click your mouse on the picture, select "copy Image location" then come back to this site to post your message. On the menu below click the URL button once, then right click and "paste", then click the URL button again. If you want to give the link a title go to the end of the address and replace "link title" with your own title, then just post the message.
  • rideamtnrideamtn Member Posts: 16
    Hey TNT,
    Nice looking taco! Did you use the spacers in the rear or add a leaf? How is the ride? I'm considering doing the same to my 05 DC Prerunner. When I go over a dip on the freeway, I bottom out. So I need to do something to remedy this.
  • philg87philg87 Member Posts: 74
    Very nice it looks awesome!

Is you taco a long bed or short
    Thanks...the DC would look pretty good with the 3". Mine has the 2 -1/2" Blocks in the rear. It stiffened up the ride a little bit, but still rides good.Post some pics. after you lift it, I'd like to check it out.
  • maldredmaldred Member Posts: 2
    I have an 01 Tacoma Ext. Cab 4x4 and love it...Yet I'm drooling over your DC, as I need the extra space, yet don't want a bigger car payment, so I'm trying to drive the 01 till it dies or till I can afford a DC.

Question is the Westin Bull bar you have is pretty sweet and I was going to get one soon, but wanted to get youtake on it and also as to where did you get it?
    I love the bull bar. Pretty easy to install. You don't need to remove the tow-hooks, like the instructions recommend. Not sure why they recomend that, because they don't get in the way of the installation. :confuse:

I got mine off of Ebay for $235 plus S&H.
    Here's some updated pics of my Taco. I have since added: PIAA Super Plasma headlight and fog light bulbs (to replace the stock ones), the PIAA 5250 dual beam driving lamps, Westin Oval Tube steps, and a CompuStar alarm/remote starter w/ 2-way paging system.

I need to get some pics at dusk to show off the new lights. They really light up the road. :shades:

(No, I don't ride the "short bus" :P )

• maldredmaldred Member Posts: 2
    pb2themax,

Looks awesome!!! I am envious, yet I love my 01 Taco.

I just order the Westin Bull bar you did from gogrillegaurds.com for about $272.00, which is the cheapest I could find online. I also ordered a bug shield and Westin is throwing in free driving lamps if purchased by 6/30 by mail and a $25 rebate on a future Westin purchase, so not too bad. I think the bar won't be too hard at all to install but I'm a little scared at installing the lights when I get them. Is that hard? (I'm a noob when it comes to customizing/working on my truck, other than changing the oil)
    I got my bull bar on Ebay for $235. I also got the free Westin lights and rebate. When they come in, I'm using them for backup lights. Wiring the PIAA lights was pretty easy for me. I use zip ties and wire loom to keep it neat.
    For the main + power connection I used the big terminal in the top left corner of the fuse box under the hood. For the ground connection I used the grounding bolt that bolts the ground wire from the battery to the engine compartment sheet metal nearby. For the low current turn-on wire that runs to the light switch that mounts in the cab, I tapped into an empty spot in the fuse box (under the dash).

In case you haven't already found it, there is a fuse panel under the dash, behind that little drop-down compartment by the left knee of the driver. My fuse panel had an empty spot that had a terminal that turns on and off with the ignition, which is good for connecting to light relays. This way your lights will automatically turn off when you turn the truck off.

Now back to Tacoma Pictures. Lets see some more pics guys! I'd like to see some with camper shells.
  • ratskinsratskins Member Posts: 7
    '05 V6 4x4 AC TRD Off Road #2 (OG)

• kujo111kujo111 Member Posts: 3
    I really like the pictures! Did the Westin Oval Tube Steps require purchasing a separate mounting kit? I've been reading about this in some other places and was wondering about it. The installation guide makes the installation seem pretty simple.

Regarding the Bull Bars and the PIAA lamp install, did it require any drilling? Thanks.
    The Oval Steps need a separate mounting kit. The tube steps themselves are actually the same steps that go on a F-250 crew cab, because the cab is about the same length as the Tacomas'. The install is pretty easy. The tube steps are kind of adjustable. Before you tighten the bolts down you can slide the steps forward and backward to put them exactly where you want to.

The Bull Bar already has holes drilled in it. No drilling required. You just need a real long socket extension when you are tightening the nut on the lamp mounts. The bull bar comes with plugs to fill in the holes if you don't mount any lights.

Part # for the 05 Double Cab:

Black oval tube steps 22-0025
    Chrome oval tube steps 22-0020
    Mount kit 22-1475
  • taco5taco5 Member Posts: 9
    New to the site so please be patient if I do something stupid. Pictures coming soon. :shades: How do I post pictures by the way?
    You have to host them at a website like Image Shack It's free. You go to the website and then upload the pictures, then the website will give you different address, you copy and paste that address here and it will show up as a picture. The website will give you several different address' which will work for different kinds of websites. If the picture doesn't show up when you paste it, then you need to try one of the other address'.
    2005 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab with TRD Off Road package # 2. 2.5 inch Daystar lift and 285/75R16 Yokohama Geolander M/T Plus tires on 16x8" TRD rims. More to follow when I have time to post more info and pictures.
    Thought I'd mention this since you all can appreciate this:

Last night I got the first "lookers" on my tacoma. There's a bunch of sport bike riders than hang out in one of the parking lots, they were sitting around the truck and when I came out of the store I was talking about it with them for a while. Got a lot of compliments.

Made my day :D

Funny too, it was the dirtiest the truck has ever been...go figure
    Your pics aren't showing up. Try using the address that they give you at the top. It'll be kind of a long address.

For this site I use the top address and then on other sites I have to use the 2nd one down.
    Thanks. It is much easier on CarDomain to post pictures.
  • kujo111kujo111 Member Posts: 3
    Sorry for continuing to ask about this in this forum, but real quick, I tried getting the mount kit but one of the retailers said it is not yet available from the manufacturer, Westin. Was wondering where you got the mount kit (22-1475) from?
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    Better to ask in the main Toyota Tacomna 2005+ discussion.

kcram - Pickups Host
    Your retailer doesn't know what they're talking about. You can find all the part #s here Westin I got mine from a seller on Ebay, tigertruckaccessories. Just contact him through Ebay.
  • dutchmomdutchmom Member Posts: 1
    I just ordered a 2005 Toyota Tacoma double cab long bed and cannot find a hi-rise camper shell for it. Needs to be in the Phoenix, AZ area. Would be willing also to go to Tucson for it or Show Low.
    This forum is for posting pictures of Tacomas. Your question would get a better answer if you post in the main Tacoma Forum
  • tacoma2tacoma2 Member Posts: 8
    ">Just got new truck today. had to wait 4 months. I got all the goodies on it and now it is time to have fun
  • tacoma2tacoma2 Member Posts: 8
    link titleet2003/my_photos_handler
This discussion has been closed.