Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Sunfire Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
edited March 2014 in Pontiac
Share your prices paid and buying experiences here!

Comments

• vladikvladik Member Posts: 1
    I had pontiac Grand Am GT 2000 Automatic, nice car, now my wife driving it. I got 1999 pontiac sunfire today:
    Year: 1999
    Make: Pontiac
    Model: Sunfire SE
    Style/Body: 2 Door Coupe
    Engine: 2.2L I-4 MPI
    64,000 miles, 5 speed

State: Florida, paid $5000 + diler fee and taxes so total $6100

A little too much, I found by blue book it cost a little less, anyway, I'm happy that I can do some mods to it.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    If mods are your bag, you should drop by our new Speed Shop: Tuning & Modification board.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• tatamy19tatamy19 Member Posts: 8
    I am trying to find a NEW 2005 Sunfire SVM. Can anyone help me out?
  • iamhungryiamhungry Member Posts: 3
    i was wondering if it was worth it to buy a 2000 sunfire, almost perfect exterior but faded front bumper, perfect interior, 102000 miles. It will cost $650 w/ a head gasket replacement for 500-700$, with a total of around 1150?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Most of the conversation here focuses on new vehicle purchases, but if you head over to our Real-World Trade-In Values discussion and post details about the vehicle you want to purchase, other members can help you there.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• 04sunfire04sunfire Member Posts: 4
    Had an 03 Sunfire purchased brand new on August 3, 2003 1SC model, Black loaded from Freehold Pontiac in New Jersey.
    Sticker $17,550
    Rebate $3500
    Pontiac Loyalty $1000
    Wheeling and dealing...
    Paid $11,300
    Plus tax and tags
    Purchase price $11,972
    Totaled that car with 3,000 miles on it January 15, 2004. Wound up getting $14,500 from insurance comp settled in 1 week.
    I had a deal on an 04 Sunfire from that same dealership but the color of the car was orange and I was not driving around in an ugly orange car.
    Wound up purchasing an 04 Sunfire brand new February 22, 2004. 1SC model, Black, loaded same exact options as the other car except this one had the mag wheels and the monsoon radio system. Purchased from Lester Glenn Pontiac in Toms River, New Jersey nicest sales people I've ever met in my entire life. Beat Freehold Pontiac's price of that ugly orange color by $700.
    Sticker $18,795
    Rebate $3500
    Pontiac Loyalty $1000
    Wheeling and dealing...
    Paid $11,995
    Plus tax and tags
    Purchase price $12,700
    Loved the dealership so much my mom got a great deal on a car from their Lester Glenn Hyundai Dealership across the street, would buy from them again in a hearbeat.
  • estorbeanestorbean Member Posts: 1
    How many more miles can I expect to get out of her, anyone have an estimation? Thanks!
  • acalfacalf Member Posts: 1
    :confuse: here it goes...Today I went to work at 7:00 a.m. and I was going up a small hill, when my car started smoking from the passenger side and it started getting heavy when I pressed the gas, so I put it back in Parking and then to Drive and it again smoked and wouldn't move. On the third attempt it did make it up the hill and I parked it. I told a coworker of my problem and he went outside to see the car, the coolant box was empty, it did not have any anti freeze at all, so he filled it up with water and he told me to turn it on. I did and a spark plug flew out of the side of the engine. It was broken. He went to buy 4 spark plugs to change them all (he said it was better to get all four of them new at the same time). He got three in but the fourth one he put it in wrong and he messed up the threads. Now I am left with a car that can not run because it is missing a spark plug. He told me I had to go to a mechanic that can thread the hole again and then put the spark plug in! Plus I should also ask the mechanic to check if the hoses of the coolant are not leaking and to ask the mechanic to make an evaluation of the car ( I'm not sure what he meant with "an evaluation").So he messed up my car more than what it was. I have to pay for a tow truck to tow my car to the mechanic and parts and labor of the spark plug. My big question. How much will this cost: I need an ESTIMATE, please! :cry:

car description: 2001 Sunfire Pontiac; bought it new, 4 cylinders, 2200HP, change oil every 3,000 miles, 4 door, +70,000 miles
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Hi, acalf

You will have a lot better chance of getting a reply if you post in the general Pontiac Sunfire discussion, as this is a pricing forum..

Regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• d1726d1726 Member Posts: 2
    I live in Nova Scotia, Canada.

I bought my 1998 Pontiac Sunfire 2.2L 4 door for $2,000 CAD in October 2006 with 194,000kms

Since then i had to have the alternator rebuilt ($300) and have the gas tank ($100 used) the fuel pump ($150 used) and the filler neck ($80 new) replaced. There are 212,000 on the car now. Am i going to have more problems???
  • dweezledapdweezledap Member Posts: 1
    I know this is an old post but thought I would add some helpful advice for new visitors.
    1.) The instant your car started smoking you should have pulled of the road and shut her down and had it towed to a shop.
    2.) If the spark plug blew out of the motor it was already stripped, and chances are your motor was already trashed. Don't be silly enough to blame a helpful individual. A spark plug flying out of a motor is a sure sign that things are very very very bad :)
  • valdanevaldane Member Posts: 2
    August 2005
    '97 Convertible 2.4 aftermarket sony explode cd player, with sirius connection
    50,000 miles
    2 year head to toe warranty (1000 of cost)
    replaced alternator at 60,000, serpentine belt and clutch pulley at 70,000/bothe repairs paid for by warranty after $50 deductible
    at 76,000 and still running as good as the day I bought it
  • matto23matto23 Member Posts: 1
    I just recently bout a 1997 sunfire se 4 door for $300, with 104,000miles had to replace battery, alternator, head gasket, main bearings, front and back brakes, not bad for $300 the body is mint, the interior is mint.
This discussion has been closed.