Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Corvette Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    I started a new discussion for you in the Chevy Corvette group..

Corvette C6: Electrical/Accessory problems

Try posting there, and see if any of the members that track the Corvette discussions have an answer for you..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• bolivarbolivar Member Posts: 2,316
    Keep it in your pocket.
  • redc6corvetteredc6corvette Member Posts: 3
    The best forum for Corvettes is Corvetteforum.com IMHO.

It has excellent Corvette info of all kinds, and the monitors are very knowledgeable. I also would suggest visiting LS1tech.com for information on other LS1s and LS2s. It is probably the best site for "How To" articles. I have used their instructions many times on add on products for my 02 Firehawk, 00 Formla and now my C6 Coupe. I really like this forum too! Check them out!
    There is a dealer on Ebay advertising GMS pricing for all Corvettes, including the Z06! I left the guy a message, "Count me in"!

We will see if it is real. By the way, GMS is, I believe, actual dealer price (which is invoice, less holdback or 3% of MSRP) + 1%. Or said another way, about 1% over dealer real cost.

Let's hope this is real......If it is, I will be driving a Z06 very soon. HEY, anyone want to buy a nice 2005 red Coupe, 6spd, with Z51? It has about 11k miles, and a GMPP extended warranty to 75K mi or 7 yr. with a $0 decutible!
    I also added a Random Tech cat-back, VaraRam CAI, Granetelli MAF, and a Predator Programmer. It really screams, and it sounds great!!!
  • rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,191
    Who is the dealer?

While I don't suppose anything is impossible, I have yet to see anyone ( on 2 Corvette-specific forums I monitor ) that has purchase a Z06 for less than MSRP. Kerbeck ( 70+ Corvettes in stock & the largest Corvette dealer ) is currently advertising one AT msrp.

Did you talk with a contact?

Good luck!
    - Ray
    Have new C6, so not interested in your 05.....
    2022 X3 M40i
  • gbjerkegbjerke Member Posts: 158
    I'd also be interested in GMS on a Z06....dealer name please!
    Supplier pricing is about 10% off sticker. Any number of dealers are doing supplier pricing on coupes/converts but want sticker on Z06's.
    I'm on my second Z and want the C6 version but have been waiting for pricing to settle. I'd jump at supplier or GMS priceing.
  • pony_piratepony_pirate Member Posts: 317
    Ditto. I've shopped around: dealers are demanding a markup for ordering a Z06 of $7-10k, or around $79-80k out the door. I'm still wondering whether to go for the Z06 or C06. Will it be too much car? Is it worth the extra $25k? I just wish I could test drive both to help me decide. :shades:
    pony pirate---I feel about the same as you trying to justify the additional 25k or so for a Z06. I'm on my second Z06 and just waiting for pricing to get real on the C6 Z.
    Chevy pumped the base price on the Z about 4k a few months ago and the supply out there has increased dramatically. Any number of dealers will do sticker but you are still at about 75k. I've looked a bit at the coupe. Pretty well equiped at 52k sticker; an immediate offer to knock 10% off so I would expect with some negotiation I could probably get it for 45k. Now, I'm beating my head against the wall trying to justify an additional 30k (32k with tax differential) for the Z.
    Worth it?? I really can't say. The performance difference is incredible, but then, how often would you use all that extra grunt. The current C6 comes close to my '03 Z from a performance standpoint so do I need more?? The answer is in pricing. When/if I find discounts on a Z, I'll likely jump.
    I have made contact with them, but so far I have just traded messages. If I get a real deal, and the dealer is legit, I will let you know the dealer name/ Like wise, if it is bogus, I will also publish the name of the dealer. There is nothing I despise more, then someone who advertises one thing and does another. It is bait and switch simply put, and illegal.

Honestly, I find it hard to believe that some dealer will do this. I had looked for some time, but the best I have found, was $2500 off MSRP and that was only because I had bought Corvettes from the dealer before. I sure hope is is real.
    As far as he issue of "Is it worth it, the extra money", I really think the existing C6 is a real hand full. I have only done a very few things, namely a Random Tech exhaust, VaraRam CAI, Granetelli MAF, and Predator programmer, ans it really is a whole lot of engine for the car.

I have heard of so many Vipers wrecking because they don't have traction control, and people spin the wheels at 50 mph and put it in the ditch. I know the Vette is truly a handful too, IF you turn off the traction control.

I was told by a GM exec that Chevy purposely designed the "Traction control off switch" to really not turn the whole system off, for this very reason. They felt insurance rates would go up drastically if normal every day Corvette owners, started having accidents in greater number. I guess he was insightful.

Funny, just yesterday, I read a post about increased accidents of Z06 owners, and how they expected premiums to go up even more for the 2007 Z06. I was on a website for auto insurance, looking for info on the Z06, when I came across this. I thought I book marked it, but now the link doesn't work. Anyway, accidents are way up and most happen when the owner turns off traction control. So, if you get one, don't do that! I would hate to see anyone wreck their new Z06!

Back to the issue of HP and money, with the minor changes I made, you can sure tell the difference. My experience says, I probably got maybe 60 more RWHP. IT IS A ROCKET SHIP! I was going to do more, but I think not now. Honestly, I would tell you it may not be worth the extra money, unless you are just plain crazy about HP. Even then, you can add a ProCharger and add 140 rwhp for about $6500. That would get you past Z06 performance for a fraction of the cost, and save you a bunch on insurance alone.

By the way, I paid only $43K for my 05 coupe. I know there are dealers willing to take off $6K a base coupe. But, mine only has the Z51 option as well as the competition grey wheels, so it is about the cheapest Corvette you could buy. I do know dealers locally, here in KC that will take GMS on a std. Corvette coupe.

Stay tuned, if I get a new Z06 for GMS, I will let you know. My suspicion is there will be a huge doc fee, probably something like $1500!
  • kwvettekwvette Member Posts: 2
    Just wanted to throw this out that I got a little over $8000 off MSRP on my new 07 conv w/ nav, auto, magnetic suspension, etc. out of a dealer in Montana. I can provide the name if interested. They also have Z06, but no knowledge of how they'd price that one.
    I'd be interested in the sticker for your convert.
    Looks like you got well over 10% off which is an awesome deal. Local dealers are going 10% on coupes/converts and I can only speculate that your sticker was in the area of 65k?
    If so, you got over 12% which is awesome.
    Assume the Montana dealer you refer to is Fichtner's (sp?).
    They have a great reputation.
    Any info appreciated.
  • kwvettekwvette Member Posts: 2
    Didn't know if you saw the first one that got bounched (my fault) Anyway, the MSRP was $65,390 and from Karl Tyler Chevy in Missoula, MT. So far the whole experience was a good one.
    KW--
    Got it---thanks.
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Can anyone confirm whether or not Chevy raised prices on the 07 C6? It looks like a $2k increase on the coupe...
    2006 Base Coupe: $43,690 + $800 destination

2007 Base Coupe: $44,170 + $825

- Ray
    Driving a 2007......
    2022 X3 M40i
    Ray:

$44,995 was the right MSRP for a 2007, but new cars arriving on the lots seem to have an MSRP of $49,290. I don't know if this is part of the old scam where a retailer raises the price before he slashes the price for a "Red Tag Sale". I hope it's just my imagination because I was trying to hold out until Spring...(I sold my '05 Convertible to buy a house and can't wait to get another).

If the increase is real, have they increased content?
    Corvette.com ( as well as here on Edmunds ) still show $44,995 w/dest. as base price.

And I was at my local dealer yesterday – none of the coupes I looked at has a base MSRP (on the Mulroney sticker) any different. And my salesperson said that a few had arrived within the past week.

I also monitor other Corvette Forums – no such news has been posted.

Where exactly are you seeing $49,290?
    - Ray
    Confused . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    No, I think I'm just confused. The window stickers are changed to show options on the top line instead of additions down below.
    Um – perhaps you need to be a bit careful \ aware of how GMBuypower displays a “sticker”.

I see a couple of 2007s listed at that price on Kerbeck’s inventory listing. For example: VIN = 1G1YY25U875114756
    Their stock #: G70686

The top number displayed is $49,260.
    The bottom line number listed is $48,465 + $825 dest = a total of: $49,260.
    Options listed on the MSRP at additional cost total $4,295:

= = =

MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $49,290.00

Options installed by Manufacturer

PREMIUM TINTCOAT PAINT
    $ 750.00

CHROME ALUMINUM WHEELS
    $ 1,850.00

Z51 PERFORMANCE PKG
    (INCLUDES:LARGER CROSS-DRILLED
    BRAKE ROTORS,PERFORMANCE-TUNED:
    TIRES, STABILIZER BARS,SPRINGS,
    SHOCKS, GEAR RATIOS)
    $ 1,695.00

TOTAL OPTIONS $4,295.00
    TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $48,465.00
    DESTINATION CHARGE $825.00

= = =

In other words, the top number is not the base MSRP for a Coupe.
    In fact, the base price before additional \ optional equipment is not listed on this document.

If you find a dealer with a C6 in stock, the sticker starts at the top with a base price. The online versions do not – they start with the “bottom line”.

Clear?

- Ray
    Initially confused as well . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
    Oops:
    I did not see your last post until I had finished & posted mine.

So - are you going to wait?
    - Ray
    Waited 57 years....
    2022 X3 M40i
  • jkstew1jkstew1 Member Posts: 12
    Dollar for dollar what do you think is the better choice a low mileage used 2004 or the new c6 and why?
  • motorhead1motorhead1 Member Posts: 110
    I have a 2002 corvette with low miles and I love it. My last vette was a 1991 with 27k on it and I can tell you that there is a lot more car with the C5 than the C4. I`ve driven the C6 and as far as I can tell there isn`t as much difference in the C5 to the C6 as there is between the C4 and C5. I want a C6 though, I love the new body style and would love the have that 400 horses.
    I listed my BMW Convertible in the paper today. If it sells privately, I won't wait because I can't see the C6 prices getting any lower than they'll be over the next month. I won't trade the BMW in the winter because I'll get killed on it!
    I wanted a Corvette since I was old enough to read a car magazine (and probably earlier than that). Over the years I went back to the dealer to try each new version of the Vette. I almost bit on a C5 convertible but ended up buying the BMW instead. Each time, the Vette fell a little short--until the C6. I bought an 05 C6 Convertible and it was everything I ever wanted. In my opinion, the C6 Corvette is the best car, dollar-for- dollar, ever produced in the US. The combination of performance, refinement, and fun factor is unmatched.

My advice: buy the C6 and go light on the options--you won't regret it.
  • carguy239carguy239 Member Posts: 1
    MSRP:$59,570
    selling price:$55,213
    Residual:$29,785
    Lease factor:.00220
    Payment:$698/mo for 36mos/36,000 miles-$3,500 down

This is in North Carolina and I would appreciate comments as to how this compares to other prices around the U.S. Thanks.
    Selling price looks way too high, if you are willing to buy "anywhere".

Reputable dealers ( including www.boardwalkchevrolet.com ) have published $12K off on in-stock, left-over 2006 Verts...

I negotiated $5K off an ordered 2007 Coupe in Sept.

Good luck.
    - Ray
    Happy C6 driver....
    2022 X3 M40i
    I don't know lease numbers.

But I agree with the other poster - locally there are ads for $10,000 and $12,000 off MSRP for 2006 convertibles.
  • jayellesevenjayelleseven Member Posts: 150
    what dealer or lease co. gave u that residual value? 30k after 3 yrs seems very low to me, $25 lost in depreciation.. man.

I am in a similar position but looking to sell after 2 yrs, so Id have to buy not lease_ I cant find solid residual values for 07s coupe tho =/
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    Here's a lease deal on an '07 vette 2dr Hatchback (6.0L)...

Base MSRP...................................... 44,170.00

3LT Coupe Preferred Equip Group............ 4,945.00

QX3 Chrome Aluminum Wheels............... 1,850.00

Destination Charge............................. 825.00

MSRP........................................... 51,790.00

Lease Payment Calculation:
    Agreed Upon Value.............................. 44,285.38

1st Month’s Payment............................ 755.00
    Security Deposit............................... 775.00
    Acquisition Fee................................ 695.00
    Sales Tax @6.50% x Total Monthly Payments 1,766.70

Gross Capitalized Cost................... 48,277.08

Adjusted Capitalized Cost................ 48,277.08

Residual Factor.......................... 0.58

Residual Value (Res. Factor × MSRP)...... 30,038.20

GMAC Buy Rate (S Tier)................... 7.50%

Term (months)............................ 36

Monthly Lease Payment.................... 755.00

Initial Lease Charges:

Title, Registration, Plates.................. 148.00

Amount due at lease signing.............. 148.00

No Disposal Fee. GAP insurance included.
    Annual Mileage: 12,000
  • youngtw1youngtw1 Member Posts: 3
    I hear you..any specific options or packages you'd go without (that you have now)if you were buying again right now? I'm debating used 05 versus "light opted" 06/07..6spd. I'm especially interested if you or others are satisfied with their non-Bose (1LT, 2LT) sound system...Thanks.
  • mkiv808mkiv808 Member Posts: 2
    I paid $42,900 with no doc fees at MacMulkin Chevrolet in Nashua, NH for a 1lT coupe with Z51 and special paint (Velocity Yellow). MSRP was around $48,000.

Great overall buying experience.
  • mkiv808mkiv808 Member Posts: 2
    The Bose is garbage anyway. The stereo in my 1LT sounds as good as my Bose system did in my 2002 Z06. If you really want a good system, do what I'm going to do, go aftermarket!
    Thanks for feedback and nice work on the MSRP discount. I haven't test driven a Z51 yet but wish to. Can you summarize specific ride versus handling impressions to the standard suspension?
    Sorry I missed this reply earlier. I'm a big fan of buying lightly used cars--especially cars like the Corvette that people buy and realize they can't keep (too out of shape to climb in and out, insurance too high, baby on way, etc.).

That said, I'm currently looking at an 07 coupe with nothing but Lemans blue paint. My 05 Convertible was loaded with everything but nav and Onstar. In driving the stripped 07, I think the only thing I would miss is the HUD, but could certainly do without it. If it had the Z51 package it would be just about perfect. (I'd also prefer the Monterey red--Lemans blue is my second choice).
  • drew_m3298drew_m3298 Member Posts: 1
    Minnesota in January is the place to buy 06 conv.vette $12G off MSRP....
    Drew:

Please share all the details. $12k even beats Kerbeck by $3k and shipping couldn't be more than a grand.
  • sullyaksullyak Member Posts: 30
    I am looking to buy a 2005-2007 coupe. I would prefer a used with a telescoping wheel if possible. I know that for 2007 that you need to get the 3LT package. Is this the same for 2005-2007? Also, can anyone comment on the "improved noise insulation" for 2007? Is it significant? And finally, is the magnetic ride control make a big difference with regards to smoothness of the ride.
    Thanks.
    “. . telescoping wheel if possible. I know that for 2007 that you need to get the 3LT package. Is this the same for 2005-2007? Also, can anyone comment on the "improved noise insulation" for 2007? Is it significant?”

I have now driven my 2007 just over 4,400 miles.

For both the 2006 & 2007, the 3LT option package is the only way to order the telescoping steering column. ( And HUD. )

Comparing my 2 test drives in 2006s, my perception is that the “"improved noise insulation" for 2007” is not significant – meaning if you could still find a new 2006 on a dealer lot ( still many available now ) with exactly the equipment & colors you want, I’d not consider that a deciding factor. ( Other factors, including the extended powertrain warrantee, but #1 was definitely the fact that there was a full year of production & “in-service” on the 6L80 transmission – I had no interest in being a GM Beta Tester for this trans. )

No experience with the MagRide – never driven one.
    [[ edit: I have driven the Caddy STS version - just not a C6 with this susp. ]]

Good luck!
    - Ray
    Happy 2007 driver . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • vettenvvettenv Member Posts: 1
    You can actually read more about the Corvette's Magnetic Selective Ride Control with driving impressions here:

http://corvetteactioncenter.com/kb/question.php?qstId=503

http://corvetteactioncenter.com/kb/question.php?qstId=506
  • sullyaksullyak Member Posts: 30
    I'm considering the purchase of a 2005 corvette coupe. I am new to buying a GM product. I had assumed that I could purchase an extended warranty up until the time that the factory warranty expired similar to toyota, honda... From the email above it appears that this is not the case. Can anyone elaborate.
    Thanks
  • starrow68starrow68 Member Posts: 1,142
    I know if you are original owner you can purchase or add to
    extended warranty up to the point where original runs out.
    What happens when it is used car, you better check with
    expert. If you have free LD on a cell, try the GMPP expert
    at Fichtner Chev in Laurel, MT., can't put in name here but
    they will know if you ask. I got GMPP on both an 02 and 04
    from them and have been very happy.
    Randy
  • alabelle1alabelle1 Member Posts: 2
    I have a chance to purchase this on an online for $8,000...no this is not a typing error...I need to know what people think? Is this legit? Is this fraud?

1966 CORVETTE EQUIPPED WITH ALL THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT. STARTING WITH A NUMBERS MATCHING 327/350HP ENGINE, CONNECTED TO A NUMBERS MATCHING 4 SPEED TRANSMISSION, AND NUMBERS MATCHING REAR END. MOST ALL COMPONENTS OF THIS BEAUTIFUL COUPE ARE FACTORY CORRECT. ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT INCLUDES WORKING AIR CONDITIONING, SIDE PIPES, KNOCK OFF RIMS, TELESCOPING STEERING COLUMN, AM/FM RADIO, POWER ANTENNA, POWER STEERING, POWER BRAKES, AND TINTED GLASS. ALL OPTIONS PERFORM AS DESIGNED RIGHT DOWN TO THE CLOCK!

FRAME IS PERFECT AND HAS NEVER HAD ANY REPAIRS.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    I'm guessing that this vehicle is somewhere where you don't have easy access to inspect it?

If it sounds too good to be true... :surprise:

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

First..invest the dime on a Carfax report..assuming the seller has no hesitations on informing you the VIN...if he/she does...take yourself and someone close to you out for a meal with the $35 saved.

If the Carfax report is acceptable, talk further with the seller..and make sure the title is in his/her name and possession. If the seller/owner passes your phone impressions, invest the airfare and take a look..hopefully some place you wouldn't mind a weekend getaway to. You may want to contact a Chevy dealer in that area ahead of time to schedule a hour or so of inspection.
  • flyboy986flyboy986 Member Posts: 9
    I am reminded of the old adage...if it seems too good to be true, most likely it is. You can't buy much rolling stock with $8000 - I strongly suggest you either research the VIN or spend the time and money to examine it in person. With all the right numbers...that car should be worth alot more unless it is trashed.
  • alabelle1alabelle1 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you to all that responded...I tried emailing and getting a hold of the people selling the car and I even looked up plane tickets but after all of this they never responded! I had mentioned I preferred escrow services and I wanted to look at it...oh well no big deal...will still keep looking for a classic corvette...they just go so fast and cost alot in time and money but that is what is so great about them. Classic history. :shades:
    This is a $60,000+ car.

And because of this, the ad is obviously a scam.

Here's how it will go. The seller will 'require' an earnest payment from you. Or a payment based on some tale. And, if you send the money, the game is over, he's gone, never to be heard from.

A excrow service is also no protection. There are bogus ones of these, and when the money is sent to them, that's the last you will hear of anything.

Also, pictures of the car are probably stolen from some other online source.

Look at this from the easy view - a 66 Vette, AC, sidepipes, knockoffs, numbers matching for $8,000. Come on. It's an obvious scam.
  • bobwileybobwiley Member Posts: 241
    sullyak: Go to www.aulcorp.com OUTSTANDING aftermarket warranty--in january mine cost about $2,400 for an 01 Coupe with 13,645 miles--CHEAP protection at less than $50 per month!
    Bob
  • tenzotenzo Member Posts: 24
    My local dealer offers me 9% off form MSRP.
    "2007 vett coupe BLK or Yellow Auto."
    Seems like there is 12% profit in vetts. Is 9% a good deal?
    There is about 10.5% markup (not counting holdback) so 9% is not bad but you can get invoice from several dealers.
    Suspect your dealer would go 10% so don't think you would want to travel far for 1/2% of 50k or so.
    Not so sure I didn't see one dealer doing $500 under invoice. If I can find that info again, I'll post it here.