Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Diesel Fuel Economy and chips

12345679»

Comments

• shutchinsshutchins Member Posts: 1
    Their is a small radiator in the valley of the engine. This most likely has a crack in it. I had the same problem on my 2005 HD F-250. The smell only comes when the engine is under a load. The gas pedal being punched and sometimes up steep grades.
  • whafnerwhafner Member Posts: 1
    I bought a Dr. Performance module for my Dodge. After 500 miles it stops working. It was replaced 3 times because Dr. Performance tested it and said they have problems with installation on some trucks and the module/chip burns out. Now they will not return my $450. it is bad again after 500 miles and say they are a new owner. Still use the same name and phone number. Do not deal with this Texas company.
  • rseeborseebo Member Posts: 12
    Has anyone run B99 in their daily commuter? I have an 08 Chevy 2500 and may have an opportunity to run it. Just curious about affects and potential for warranty voids.
  • mike4578mike4578 Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2011
    I recently bought a 1999 F250 supercrew 4x4 with the 7.3 engine that only has 90k miles. I was told and i have seen that many of these trucks get anywhere from 15 to 23 mpg on highway driving. I have a Bullydog triple dog programmer set to performance, which is the mid range tune, and all i am getting is about 12 mpg on 95% highway at 60 to 65 mph. I changed fuel filter, did not help. Truck runs fine, no leaks, surging, funny smell ect. Seems the truck got better mpg when it was in stock mode, but im invested in this chip. Anybody that has any advice please help, fuel is $4 bucks a gallon!!
  • cowboy9cowboy9 Member Posts: 161
    Hello fellow Powerstroker's

Need a little help on this one, never had these Codes, lol. First Code 237 which says its Turbo Boost Sensor A Circuit Low Input - which one is Sensor A ? The other Code is 1316 which says its Injector Circuit / IDM Codes Detected. Now I am sure that the 2 Codes are tied in together and hopefully knows which is the Turbo Boost Sensor A is on the motor. Also if anyone knows what IDM stands for on the Code Reader ? lol

Thank you very much in advance,
    Tony
  • ramchargerramcharger Member Posts: 21
    You should google b99 and read the article. You may want to sneak up on going from petrol diesel to bio. It can "clean" your old system and plug up filters. good luck and l would like to here how it works out
  • samm43samm43 Member Posts: 195
    IDM code = Injector Driver Module code probably.

Sam
  • chainsnbinderschainsnbinders Member Posts: 1
    Idrive a F350 Diesel superduty with a 39 ft flatbed trailer (7100) lbs with up to 12,000 lb cargo. considering a hypertec 111 to increase fuel economy and a little poewr boost. 350 has 116,000 miles. any advise.
  • seragarcaseragarca Member Posts: 1
    Compañía Logística de Hidrocarburos is the leading company on the Spanish market for the transportation and storage of oil products, with a network of oil pipelines of more of 4,000 kilometres in length and 38 storage facilities. CLH Aviación is integrated into this group and is present at the majority of Spanish airports, offering the storage, distribution and service into plane of aviation fuel and lubricants.
  • jmsjhnsn28jmsjhnsn28 Member Posts: 1
    Hey if you want know more about Diesel chip then visit this site : Diesel chip
  • aokroiaokroi Member Posts: 1
    My 05 crew is completely stock except for 33 inch tires and edge evolution cs programmer usually run level 1 or 2 and still mileage is around 10 to 12 on highway with no trailer. I ve chaged the fuel filter and air filter and switch over to amsoil. Any help would be great.
  • butchcbutchc Member Posts: 1
    My '96 7.3 has 190K on it. It got 18.5 mpg when I bought it 12 yrs ago. I put on a big exhaust, gauged it, Air Hog air intake, Amsoiled the engine, tranny and rear end, and chipped it with an Edge. It still gets 18.5. I have spent about 3K and haven't done anything except get frustrated.

The advantage of the chip is when I tow my 29' travel trailer. Instead of the 11mpg it gets with the stock settings, it goes up to 13.5 to 14 with the 60 hp setting. But, you really have to watch the EGT and the tranny temp.

I have never heard of a Powerstroke getting over 20 mpg, but have heard a lot of 12 -15 mpg claims. Anything you buy that doesn't live up to the claim, send it back.
  • coontie66coontie66 Member Posts: 110
    I had a 1999 Ford Diesel and always got over 20 mpg on the road. I also had an edge chip and it did nothing for the mileage. It did yield extra power to the underpowered 7.3. After 2 transmissions I now own a Chev diesel.