Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Silverado vs F-150 vs Ram vs Tundra: Now we have a topic to Voice our OPINIONS on each model

ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
"LETS GET IT ON"

Ryan
Tagged:

Comments

• timothyadavistimothyadavis Member Posts: 322
    You do like to generate the posts!

Well, OK. Of course, the F-150 rules! No reasoning or rationalizing. Just my not at all humble opinion....

(At least, I'm very pleased with my Toreador Red, Gold-trimmed, running boarded, front spoilered, driving lighted, bed lined, window tinted, aluminum wheeled 1999 XLT Supercab.)
  • swobigswobig Member Posts: 634
    Think this is covered by other topics. All have there good and bad points...
  • werkingwerking Member Posts: 431
    1. Toreador (whatever that is) is a stupid name for a color.

2. Swo copped out with that post.

3. Tundra belongs in the "S-10 vs Ranger vs Dakota vs Frontier vs whatever Mazda's got going: Now we have a topic to Voice our OPINIONS on each model" topic.

4. Chevy Silverado's the best thing going...

LOL - just my opinion

kyle
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    The silverado being the "best" isnt opinion haha

The longer the better SWO i couoldnt go any larger

Ryan
  • wight1wight1 Member Posts: 218
    Silverado 3/4 tons and 6.0 liters rule the universe.
    OK then, would you please ask the ruler of the universe to lower gas prices, please?
  • wight1wight1 Member Posts: 218
    Our Silverados rule the transportation industry in the entire universe, but unfortunately, we have no ability to influence the ruler's decision on gas prices. The more we use, the higher it goes. Actually, it has come down about $0.10 a gallon here in Houston from a few weeks ago.
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    here is another one of your "all about me topics"...you really like yourself eh?

Like the flare topic...this will be loaded with posts...all about anything but the topic...Ryans head will swell....then it will be a ghost town...like the flare topic...

Course Ryan thinks Edmunds revolves around himself ya know...

ehhehehhe

- Tim
  • barlitzbarlitz Member Posts: 752
    I've always owned Ford and have good luck but if there's one truck that can steal my heart this could be it.check out www.gmc.com and click on sierra and then check out the c3.I had a 99 lightning and would love another but to impracticle this may solve my problems.
  • z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    Silverado is the best full size 1/2 ton (F-150 would be 2nd, Dodge Ram 3rd)
    Tundra is the best mid-size (Dakota is second)
    F-250 power stroke Super-duty is the best 3/4 ton (until the Chevy HD comes out) Ram Cummings 2500 is 2nd, Chevy 3rd - the 6.5 L is junk
    Tacoma and Ranger tie for best compact truck, S-10 brings up the rear.

God I should be an auto magazine editor!!!
  • RoclesRocles Member Posts: 982
    F-250 is the best until the chevy comes out?? Oh...that's objective...nothing like actually testing the new product first, eh?
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    Feelin' a lot of love in here...honestly, stay away from C3 with AWD system will be nothing but trouble. I'd go back to the Lightning first. Or a regular Chevy 4x4. C3 will need the extra ponies robbed by the AWD system, aka Bravada.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    ..or could add a supercharger to make up for the loss or could add a sc and NO2.... ;)
    go again..making trucks fast....

Give me a car with half the mods and I'll blow yer doors off...

- Tim
  • rwellbaum2rwellbaum2 Member Posts: 1,006
    I heard the Tundra sucks and their going to blow up the plant and put all the workers in jail for making such an awful truck then tricking people into buying it for way too much instead of letting them buy a real truck with proven manhood like the chevy 9500 with 16.0 litre v-20 diesel/turbo that every Tundra owner secretly admires and wishes he could have except he's not up to the burly, mountain moving, thunderpacked, gas station armegeddon causing, incomprehensible universe destroying magnitude of it!
    you have mistaken chevy for ford again...chevy doesn't make the excursion you described...ford doess... ;)
    Naw...the Excursion is only good for the "gas station armmagedon causing" part. ;)
    ...NOW we are getting someplace!...hmmm..how could we do this?......

The excursion is another Joke....it's production has been cut back cuz nobody buys them..cuz they don't fit in garages or parking spots..

The bid bad "Suburban Killer" as it was called at first seems to be a joke....and the Real Suburban?...well...it sells in record numbers and sells every one they can make..

- Tim
    Glad to see my post brought out the anarchist/antiTundrachist in you. Say....your not related to that OKC bomber?
  • barlitzbarlitz Member Posts: 752
    Thought it would link you over,if you have the time check it out the item # is at the end of the link search ebaymotors.
  • z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    Now that Toyota dealers are starting to offer $5,000 discounts on Tundras - I would rate it as the best overall mid-size truck. It will be just a little bit less than a Dakota (the only other competition in the mid-size class) and even though it does not offer as many option choices as the Dakota - it would have a small advantage in reliability.

Anyone else think Tundra is the best mid-size truck??
    No

- Tim
    a bit negative today? LOL

Dean
    ..NO!..DOHH!

Best Midsize is the originator of Mid size - The Dakota.

Although you won't see me in a mid size any time soon....

- Tim
    Dont blow the tundra plant up. Not a good idea Gotta keep some people in indiana employed after the corn season for a little while longer even though its all foreign parts (ok well 90%). Give it a little more time and it will be just another empty building.

Ryan
  • cdeancdean Member Posts: 1,110
    Tim,
    I think Ford made a little bit of marketing miscue with the Excursion. They wanted a Suburban killer--why didn't GM answer to 'bigger is better'? Because 95% of the Suburbans sold were 1/2 tons--not the 3/4 ton 4x4s.

Suburban sales are hurt only by GMs manufacturing lags...I can't figure out how GM has more volume in the U.S., and can't avoid these delays....
    to come out with a longer burb...not any wider....just longer...like 11 inches longer...to make it 4 inches or so longer than the excursion...but they decided to leave it alone....good choice.

- Tim
    The Excursion is 226.7 inches long.

My F-150 Supercab SB is 220.8 inches long and that might possibly fit in my garage, but not comfortably.

Interestingly, the Chevy Silverado Extended Cab SB is 227.6 inches long.

Hmmmmm....

Methinks, he who has a longer vehicle should not be disparaging garage-parking limits....
    Where Ford made the super duty trucks very attractive, on the excursion it just looks the way the front clip of a motorhome ought to be.

BTW, my problem fitting the Super Duty (or excursion) into my garage is not the length, it's the height.
    My silverado will fit in the garage height wise but length wise its a bumper to long.

So it sits in the driveway

Ryan
    was what I was getting at as well....sorry

I can park a Crew cab 8 foot box with lots of room to spare....as well as 8 feet high...so i have nothing to worry about....but the average garage built today can not handle most ext.cabs..(length)...much less an excursion...(height)

- Tim

Say what yawl want...they have been cut back to poor sales..
    When i have a house built or buy one

it will be humongous.

Ryan
    Mine is 30x40...10 foot walls downstairs..8 footers up stairs..and an attic above that. All block/brick first 10 feet...wood on up.

Upstairs is my rec room....finishing the bathroom now...Bar next.

next one..(if ever) will be 40x80...yeeeehaw!

One can never have too much room....however..the more room ya have for crud........the more crud ya keep!

- Tim
    2 words

POLE BARN

they can have em built as big as you want em. Menards sells them too. You can order and have it shipped straight to the site.

Ryan
    OK, I would go for a pole barn. Just one problem: I need a site!

Tim2
    ..I don't want a big open room with 30 foot ceilings....I have 2 full floors of useable space..as well as an attic.

Pole barns are metal sheds..i have a concrete garage...it gets called a pole vbarn or barn by some....

It's basically why I bought the place....2 months after I moved in.....I realized the house came with it!!

LOL

- Tim
    They have various "pole barns" not all are big open sheds.

So your barn is bigger than your house?

Tim you have any big plans for labor day? Did you go to that theme park in Ohio yet???

Ryan
    gone to Cedar Pointe yet...I didn't even take my annual trip to the cottage....GRRRR

Labor day the city where I live has a 4 day festival.....I have a huge party Labor day..and usually have people coming and going thru the weekend...(usually for a free spot to park!).

There are all kinds of parades..kids activities...carnival..beer tents..art shows..car shows...etc etc etc..

It's a grand old time...

All within' walking distance of my house..(the best part)

Yawl come on by..ya here?

- Tim
  • ratboy3ratboy3 Member Posts: 324
    Cedar Point is one of the places I'd like to visit someday.

Can't help it but I still like roller coasters.
    Sounds like where i am going. They have a huge festival. Its in indiana though. Labor day weekend i always go fishing its like an annual thing. I just found out a wk ago my girlfriend is gonna be down there too for a softball tourney.

Ryan
  • markbuckmarkbuck Member Posts: 1,021
    Trucks engineered in USA = Good
    Trucks engineered not in USA = Bad
  • nukernuker Member Posts: 1
    i thought this was a chat page for a thread about ford vs. dodge vs. gm vs. toy! you guys are a bunch of whiny little teenagers. talk about your trucks instead of what you want your garage to look like (next, you're gonna tell us what color you want to paint your room, but your mom won't let you). tell us about your trucks and whether you've had any of the other models. how 'bout towing - which one is best? durability? i hear lots about problems with dodge trans, ford comfort, and gm electrical - expound on that...
    Seems these domestic(ated)truck owners are really into "pole" barns. I'd say "don't ask, don't tell" on this one.
    Oh No!
    A topic got off it's subject!

what are we going to do??

sounds like the lack on your end comes out in the form of envy...

I know...

Go here:

http://www.teleweb.net/mgdvhman/

where a topic has been created just for you....

- Tim
    Haha these guys are funny.

Plugging your website a little much arent ya??? You better watch merideth might get mad and banish you for taking people away from edmunds.

NUKER- we have talked about our trucks for a long time. We get bored life isnt just about trucks gotta talk about where to store em too.

Just for your info

2000 Silverado ext cab 4 dr 4x4 (Z71) sb locking rear 265 tires alum rims auto trac tow pkg nerf bars bug deflector rhino linings spray in bedliner soon to add tail light guards as soon as they come in and a grill guard this fall

Ryan
    Tim's site was expressively setup for no holds barred postings...with the foul language limiter removed, in other words...No Meredith...so if you are game...follow the link to the party...

Dean
    people will always come back to Edmunds.com...how else are they going to learn how to install rear light guards and tool boxes.... LOL

Dean
    Tim's site gives us the opportunity to tell you rudely what we've been telling you politely all along!
    heheehehe

LOL

ROTFLMFOA!

- Tim
  • papasmurf43papasmurf43 Member Posts: 4
    speaking on the original topic, I think dodge is number 1--chev is 2 and ford is way back . AS far as that [non-permissible content removed] crap --ya right! Ford should come out with their own design instead of copying dodge. And the cummins is alot better than that powerjoke. There is no such thing as a perfect truck and every brand has its problems. I have owned an '86 ramcharger and I now have a '96 ram 1500 xcab longbed with a 360 and I have to say that I have had no problems with either. I beat the hell out of the ramcharger and it kept on going. So my favor lies with MOPAR.
This discussion has been closed.