Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 2-Series?

norbexnorbex Member Posts: 5
edited May 2014 in BMW
What's finally going to happen to the Serie 2 BMW showed at many magazines last year as the entry level version of the company??
Is it still on their plans? Would it be the new serie 3 2 doors vehicle and convertible?
What do you all know?

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,181
    BMW decided not to use the 2-series designation for the 1-series coupes.. See the 1-series discussion for details..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kjs825kjs825 Member Posts: 7
    Ah BMW. The car that put them on the map in the USA was the "2002" from the 68-76 era. Now that they have a suitable platform in the Euro 1 series they could easily do a 2002 "redo" of sorts and bring over a basic sport 2 door sedan or coupe as a "2 series". Use a 2 to 2.2 liter 4cyl and maybe a 2.5 to 3litre six as options. Start it at under 25k. Leave the MINI's at 17 to 25k ( although I have seen some MINI's sticker at over 30k). I've read that the next body derivatives for the 1 series are a 2 door hatch and a cabriolet. Hmmm. Maybe the 2 door ( or 4 door sedan) is in the wings and not yet hit the press. I would love a "2 series" 2 door sedan or coupe as described. I could afford, but dont need a 3 series at 30k plus. C'mon BMW ,you know I'm not the only one thinking this up. Quit your teasing.
  • autoboy16autoboy16 Member Posts: 992
    THe 2002 became the 3series
  • aathertonaatherton Member Posts: 617
    My only BMWs were two 2002s, from 1972 to 1995. I would get another BMW if they would make a modern equivalent of the 2002, like the 1 Series coupe with a 4-cylinder engine. A car that was small but roomy, economical to buy and maintain, with a direct shifter atop a slick RWD transmission, and room around the engine for mechanics to work easily, and a dipstick for the owner to look at.
  • passionteam30passionteam30 Member Posts: 3
    I have also herd the same but not sure what they gonna do next and what is next launched of them.
  • hpmctorquehpmctorque Member Posts: 4,600
    ...and non run-flat tires.
This discussion has been closed.