Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Crossfire / Crossfire SRT-6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1235»

Comments

• smookdogsmookdog Member Posts: 7
    Try South Country Chrysler in St. Louis, MO. They have several and are advertising them at $22,747. Let me know how that work for you.
  • smogdungsmogdung Member Posts: 349
    A guy on another forum says he went to a dealership in Houston, they had 52 08 Crossfires on the lot....ALL with asking prices of $3,000 OVER sticker????????
  • zq8zq8 Member Posts: 82
    I missed that one.
  • whoosierdaddywhoosierdaddy Member Posts: 76
    No wonder he had 52 of them, going price appears to be around $17K.
    Yep. Best $17K I have ever spent !
    I hope they get their asking price!!!!
  • lowinorlowinor Member Posts: 1
    Where do you get an '08 Crossfire for $17k?
    Mendota, IL.

There was 2 of them for that price.
  • xfirewannabexfirewannabe Member Posts: 1
    So late in the game, I'm suddenly wanting to buy a Crossfire but I want a new one with the lifetime powertrain warranty. And I'm wanting one in the price range I've been reading about on this forum. Anybody got any current info, where I can find a sub 17k 08?
  • whoosierdaddywhoosierdaddy Member Posts: 76
    Go to www.chrysler.com.
    Higfhlight Crossfire in Select Model pulldown.
    Under search - new vehicle, enter your zip and change radius to 200 miles.
    From there you can find out everything you need.
    The internet is amazing.
  • ChariotChariot Member Posts: 26
    Chrysler website says that '08 crossfires display tire pressures in real time. I am aware of the TPMS alarm signal in the instrument panel which blinks and becomes steady when at least one of the tire is severely under inflated. Does '08 Xfire display tire pressure in real time? I did not find anything about the display of tire pressure in the manual. Please help. By the way, most of the car sold in US now show tire pressure of each wheel in real time even one of the cheapest car like Chevy Aveo.
    The 2008 does not show the PSI at all.
    To my knowledge there are no new 08s left in the Kansas City area. There are a few new 07s left here, at the Lee's Summit dealership they are advertising 45% off all remaining Crossfires. So an automatic with NAV (sticker = @ 38K = $21K + in the fine print....+ destination & fees......final real price > $22K). I'm pretty sure that they will take less though!!
    Hi ,

Thanks for the info. However, I think this is a wrong advert. by Chrysler. Please check this link.
    http://www.chrysler.com/hostc/vsmc/vehicleSpecModels.do?

Click on "Tire Pressure Monitoring Display" under "Wheels/Tires" and it will display modelYearCode=CUC200804 the following

"The Tire Pressure Monitoring System continuously checks all four tires and reports back on an overhead display to keep you informed of irregularities that could degrade handling and vehicle safety.
    You are correct. I saw that webpage when the 2008's first came out and I thought it was incorrect and it was. The TPS is the same on all Crossfires from 2004 thru 2008.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    Read that again... continuously checks all four tires and reports back on an overhead display to keep you informed of irregularities

All it says is that it will notify you if there is a tire pressure issue... Nothing about reporting the actual PSI.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

There is no overhead display of TPMS. It displays only in instrument panel, if there is any problem w/ tire pressure. Besides, display of tire pressure is the only upgrade was made in 2008 other than body color.
    I have an 07 & an 08....there is no difference in the display.
  • smookdogsmookdog Member Posts: 7
    Any experiences with what is happening with prices on roadster since the BK and subsequent closure of dealerships. I would think prices would come down and Chrysler would want to get rid of any crossfire inventory.
  • jk8jk8 Member Posts: 4
    Any comments on where pricing for new 2008's is at. Roadster or Coupe? I see plenty in lots and hearing about $28 from $42 MSRP.
    I see postings of 17K Xfires. True? Where. What model? What was the MSRP?
    zq8 & I got new 2008s auto & nav for 17K....(stickers > 38K), we did not get the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty though.....sold as used even though basically zero miles on the odometers.
    Sure did ! :)
    Brad, are you saying you did get the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty included for the $17K selling price?

I had a local Chrysler dealer run my VIN .....= Just 3/36 for me.
  • tcl1tcl1 Member Posts: 1
    Seems to me that all the good deals are gone. Dealer in my area just sold a 2007 limited for 26k, original 42k. Not much else is coming in on the web.

I'm in NC.

Anyone know of any new Crossfile Limited deals?
    ?
    Chris, ours are the same. Only 3/36 and no lifetime powertrain. Our inservice date is 12/03/08.
    I think something might be wrong with Fred, at least once or twice a day he loses control & gets up to about a 100 mph......I've tried to convince him this is a foolish thing to do....but he just won't listen to me??
    Maybe he's trying to catch Wilma ! :shades:
  • bkapbkap Member Posts: 2
    So I decided to purchase a silver coupe with gray interior if I could find one, and I did. The dealer purchased one from a chrysler auction and would sell me the car for $21,500 with the 39 months/39k bumper to bumper warranty. I floundered on purchasing the car and lost the deal. He sold it to someone else. As I continued to find another car in and around nj, I realized there are no more left in this area in the color I wanted. One black with the brick and gray interior ($23,995), and a dealer with a silver one with the brick and gray interior and wanted $30,0000. So I wound up finding a used 2008 silver coupe with 9k on the clock with the 36months/36k bumper to bumper and 6 years 80k powertrain warranty from the dealer starting the day I picked the car up if I purchased it. AND I DID!!! For $17,500. So tell me, did I screw up by not purchasing the new one or made a decent deal on purchasing the used one?
    No way. I am looking at a similar situation. That 2008 deal is great and the powertrain is rare to the point that I find it hard to believe. Well done. I reckon you are below the KBB value. Enjoy.
  • mcyclemcycle Member Posts: 1
    found an 08 limited roadster w 3200 miles on it. 1 owner/12 months in service excellent condition. got em down to 19K plus I gotta pay the tax and title. does this sound reasonable. going tomorrow to pick it up. thanks for the feedback.
  • bkapbkap Member Posts: 2
    It sounds like a great deal to me. I am loving the coupe that I just purchased and also wany to thank jk8 for his reply. You won't be intiteled to the life time powertrain warranty but you can always purchase a extended one down the road. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW RIDE.
  • smiley10smiley10 Member Posts: 24
    What is the name of the dealer and where located. Sounds like a great price for 2007
  • mauiceomauiceo Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I came across the comments about the two lucky guys who paid $17K for their new 2008's. I'm looking for a similar deal. Can buy in CA or TX (or have it shipped, I guess). Convertible / Roadster. I don't care about the lifetime powertrain warranty exception. Does anyone know where I can get one? Any color but gold. :-) Thanks for your help!
  • bobbylewbobbylew Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 08 aero blue Roadster with the unlimited powertrain warrenty and paid 25,500 plus 750 shipping.I bought mine around the first of July. I am quite interrested in the extended warrenty. :D
  • tigerjeepguytigerjeepguy Member Posts: 3
    I have been keeping my eye on Chrysler Crossfires the last year since they announced they were discontinuing the model. Used prices spiked in the summer (makes sense). Yesterday I was online and saw a dealer selling a 2007 for 15k. I then saw today the same dealer selling 2 new '08s for 21K. I definately don't see a value for 7K difference for one year although it appears the '08 is a limited and the '07 is a base. I saw that some people paid 17K for an '08, some OTD. Has anyone had any luck recently? I would definately buy the '08 for 17K where 2K more makes sense for a model year. Any thoughts or anyone have any recent purchases? Any one buy any 2007 models recently?
    What dealership did you get yours at ZQ8
    Mendota, IL.
    So the honeymoon is over.... I drove an '08 auto tranny limited and was unimpressed. It had huge blind spots in the rear, tiny mirrors. I can just imagine how little I can see when there is a passenger. The auto was uninspiring; when I punched it the trans was like "do you really want to do that"? It got going between 25 and 50 but it took a while to get there. Such a beautiful car though... Oh well it wasn't meant to be.
  • jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    A local former Chrysler dealer in Columbus MS has a new 2008 Crossfire listed at $27k (MSRP $37k).
This discussion has been closed.