Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler Crossfire / Crossfire SRT-6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
edited March 2014 in Chrysler
Share your pricing and buying experiences here!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    My local Chrysler dealer is advertising the following leases..

'05 Coupe Limited..

MSRP $36,130

39mo/39K lease

$329/mo.

$329 due at signing

'05 Roadster Limited

MSRP $39,995

39mo/39K lease

$390/mo.

$390 due at signing

The only additions are tax, title, license..

Those are killer deals... No way I would buy one, when they have lease deals like this.

regards,

kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• intrepidspiritintrepidspirit Member Posts: 662
    "Those are killer deals... No way I would buy one, when they have lease deals like this."

Absolutely! I leased my 2004 Crossfire (now the 2005 "Coupe Limited") with auto transmission in Feb/04 for $299/month with $1,500 down. The deals you quote have $0 down -- drive off should be 1st months payment -- which is a better deal than last year...

I was never considering buying a Crossfire at the time, but the lease was such a great deal...
  • paulh1paulh1 Member Posts: 6
    Can you tell where and when you got these lease quotes. It does sound great, but one of my local dealers did not know anything bout this. I am interested in the Limited Roadster, and they quoted something like $450 mo plus 3000 Down. If I lease, I only want as little cash outlay as possible.

Any info would be appreciated.

Paul
  • jglackinjglackin Member Posts: 164
    Chrysler is currently offering subvented leases on the Base Crossfire Coupe amd the Crossfire Limited Coupe. These vehicles have a money factor of .00001 and 12k miles x39 month residuals of 53% (base), 48% (manual Limited), and 51% (auto Limited). The car you are looking at has a great residual - 52% for the manual, and 55% for the automatic, but has higher money factors. The manual is .00080 and the auto is .00086.
    Your dealer should know this already. Tell them to look on dealer connect, under the sales tab...dealer incentives...chrysler financial.
    I'll have to find it in the paper again.. It is in Cincinnati.. And off the top of my head, I think it is Kingswood Chrysler. Zip 45249.

Here is their website.. I'll have to check for sure, but I'm almost positive this was the dealer...

http://www.kingswood.fivestardealers.com/index.cgi?dc=1

The deal for a Limited Roadster.. was $390/mo for a 39mo/39K lease, with only $390 due at signing.. TTL extra of course.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

That sounds right. You've got $1000 lease cash, $1000 lease loyalty (always in the ads), and $1000 Chrysler financial bonus). My computer shows $390 plus fees (total = $1005)at signing gets you just over $400/month including tax for 39 months and 12k/year.
    They must be cutting it down pretty good.. No fees due at signing... Just $390... That is for an MSRP of $39,990, IIRC...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Just did the auto trans...a little better. They seem to be right at invoice. My screen shows 39x415 inc tax w/ 390 total at signing. Taxes are calculated differently in different states, so that is definitely a difference.
    Well.. theirs was $390 + tax..

Either way.. dirt cheap to lease a $40K car...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• andrew11andrew11 Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to negotiate a lease for a Crossfire Limited Coupe A package. The car has the 2 tone interior, auto trans, GPS which I don't want, and the Z tire option. The cost for the GPS is $1,104. They are quoting me $35,234 for the car which is "dealer cost" and said that they can come down another $354. The car has been on the lot and is not perfect. For example it is missing a front grill which of course they will fix, and it has carboard attached to the interior of the driver's door with duct tape, which they taped to the door itself. I am putting down $3,000 plus trading in a car for $6,500. They are also giving me Chrysler incentives totaling $2,500. That comes out to $12,000 up front. All that cash takes my payment to $240 month for 38 months with the balloon payment in the 39th month if I want the car.

The reduction of $354 seems ridiculously small to me and I believe that they can do much better on bringing down the selling price of the car. Am I wrong?
  • intrepidspiritintrepidspirit Member Posts: 662
    In Southern California, dealers are advertising all 2004 and some 2005 Crossfires @ $7,500 - $8,000 below MSRP. Leases are advertised @ $299/month with little (~$1,500 down) for 390months. I got a 2004 demo (automatic) in February/04 for about the same as the current lease offers. Without knowing your balloon payment, it is difficult to determine if your price is too high, but my gut instinct says it is.

Your total investment is around $21,000 at the end of 38 months -- how much is the balloon payment (residual)? If it is more than ~$10,000, I think it is too high.
  • xfireroadsterxfireroadster Member Posts: 81
    Andrew11,

Where are you located? I agree with Intrepidspirit......I have seen 2004 and some 2005 Coupes at $6500.00 - $8500.00 below sticker. Most dealers here in Virginia have at least 5 - 6 2004 Coupes on thier lots, and a few 2005's. Take your time and shop around, if you cannot make a fair deal with your current dealer.
  • 77goldwing77goldwing Member Posts: 3
    I must be the only one who buys mine new with the intention to keep it for years. The sticker on my Crossfire with only two options (tire upgrade and 2-tone seats) and destination was $39,555. After a supplier discount and $3200 in bonus cash (includes a $1000 bonus to finance the minimum $6000 for 3 months), I paid $33,889 before taxes and licensing. Dealer was Gage Motors in Grand Haven MI.

My questions to all of you: 1) how has your reliability been, especially the soft top mechanism? 2) Anyone know a source for an after-market ball-type gear shift knob in leather wrap. The plastic knob is a piece of crap.
  • munchmouthmunchmouth Member Posts: 13
    NOT taking into account any incentives, what are the 2005 Crossfire Ltd's selling for? How much below invoice can I expect when dealing? Then how much in incentives should I expect?

And if you have recently leased, what was your money factor and residual value? (Already posted a question in the lease forum)

Thank you!
  • mray1mray1 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, Im A New Leasee & Tickled Pink With The Deal I Received!! NO MONEY DOWN, Free Oil Changes For Life,Free Tow Service,Etc.. My Payments Are $429 Per Month Which Include Everything But The Tag..Lease The Limited Coupe For $359 Per Month & $359 Down At The Same Dealer...DALLAS DODGE,CHRYSLER-JEEP, DALLAS, GA...Just Outside Atlanta, Ga. Real Nice People, Real Laid-Back, No Pressure..My 1st Deal With Them.. Hope This Helps Someone!!
  • kmouradiankmouradian Member Posts: 36
    For the 05 limited Coupes with auto, you listed 39 month/12k miles per year resid. and MF as 51% and .00001 respectively.

Would you happen to know what those numbers would be if I wanted to lease 36month/15k yr or 39month/15k yr?

12k miles/yr just isn't enough for me.

Thanks!
  • ragtop73ragtop73 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for the exact same car. I have been checking various forums for the best deals to date. Star Chrysler in Glendale CA is suppose to be advertising $7K off on 05 CLRs and deals in NY at $5K off. What deals has anyone else seen advertised around the US. if anyone would be willing to fax or email a copy of an ad, I would be greatly appreciative

Thanks for any info.
  • crushercrusher Member Posts: 16
    I decided to purchase a new 2004 Crossfire Coupe for $24k, based on the positive experiences of current owners, great salesperson/dealership and unbiased positive comments. I was able to keep the Crossfire for two days of test driving and really enjoyed it. I only wished for a little more low end torque, but otherwise this vehicle is perfect for me.

What's odd..... I never had the Crossfire on my radar during the past 18 months of researching next vehicle purchase. Maybe because, I never seriously considered buying a Chrysler until I actually drove the Crossfire. I liked the 300c, but too big a sedan for me. Bottomline, pound for pound the Crossfire at this price is a great value.

BTW, Steve Christy Chrysler in Tucson still has one left at this clearance price(Shadow Gray, 6 Spd, loaded).

The car has a total of 40 miles on it all from test drives. I myself put about 25 miles of those LOL.

Anyway, I paid.............drumroll............................$23,000 plus tax for it. I could not pass up that deal. It was the very last 04 they had and were really trying to get rid of it.

I put down $6,000 and financed the rest.

People can talk crap all they want. The car is beautiful, its quick, it handles well, has features out the [non-permissible content removed] and I paid what I would have paid for a damn Hyundai. Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • stanncstannc Member Posts: 1
    Those are some serious numbers. Dealer in Charlotte, NC today quoted me $598/month ($0 down) on 39 month lease for a 2005 Roadster w/Auto & GPS. I didn't walk at that price, I RAN. Sticker on the car was $41k and change. He offered $38k. Feh.
  • sleukemsleukem Member Posts: 22
    Anyway, I paid.............drumroll............................$23,000 plus tax for it. I could not pass up that deal. It was the very last 04 they had and were really trying to get rid of it.

That is a heck of a deal!!!! I was looking at a 2004 w/automatic transmission in blaze red with 4,068 miles. The dealer won't go below $29,000!!! Some people have all the luck!! :P
  • sassy6sassy6 Member Posts: 1
    Crossfire/srt lovers..or will be lovers! Are you on the east coast..maryland? looking for a real sweet deal on a srt any suggestions on dealers..will travel a few miles or so for a real deal. hit me
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    Were you motivated to go car- or truck-shopping because of the employee discount deals? If so, a reporter wants to talk with you.
    Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, August 9, 2005 with your daytime contact info and a few words about your experience.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Chrysler Crossfire. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • jiw2jiw2 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, we are trying to find a good lease deal on a black Crossfire in the Denver area. We've dealt with one dealership so far... they are currently offering an employee-rate deal, which brings the sale price (according to them) down to $37681. They said there are also $3000 in rebates available right now (a $1000 rebate plus a $2000 rebate). The quote we have gotten so far is the following: Based on the after-rebate sale price of $34681, a 3-year lease, 12000 miles/year, and no down payment: $575/month (includes taxes for our location).

Does this sound reasonable, good, bad? Thanks very much.
  • hunkyspikehunkyspike Member Posts: 4
    Sounds high to me.What model are you looking at??
    In Ohio a Limited with nav, all season tires and two tone interior has a lease of $408 a month for 39 mo with a a lease turn in incentive, $1000 cash back and about $3000 price reduction for a 2005.
    An SRT is way higher. No deal on these.
    Spike
    This is for a 2005 Crossfire Limited Roadster with auto transmission (also has GPS nav, two-tone interior, and ASP tires). Latest offer is $498/month (including all taxes) and no cash due at signing whatsoever... in other words, they'll also make the first payment for us, so we only make 35 payments instead of 36. (This is a 3-year lease, 12,000 miles/year). Sound a lot better, I'm guessing? Pretty fair, or still not good enough?
    Hi jiw2. Good job at negotiating, the second quote that you received on a lease of this car is much better than the first one was. It is interesting that the dealer that you are working with was able to lower your car's payment so much, since the employee pricing program supposedly charges a fixed price for vehicles. Perhaps they were marking-up Chrysler Financial's base lease money factor in an effort to make back-end profit on your initial quote. I would be happy to calculate a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in using Chrysler Financial's actual lease program for you if you provide me with a little more information. I need to know the full MSRP of the Crossfire that you want, as well as if its selling price is still the same as the one that you initially mentioned.

Car_man
    Host
    Just to update, I've actually got an offer now for $474/month, all other terms exactly as previously stated (no cash due at signing whatsoever, no first month's payment, so only 35 payments, etc.). Again, this is for a Limited Roadster with GPS nav, two-tone, and ASP tires. 3-year lease, 12000 miles/year. It looks like I'm going to go with this offer, barring something unexpectedly negative when seeing the car for the first time. Thanks for the info, Car_man... I don't know the full MSRP on the car, but I guess I could ask. There have been multiple dealerships involved in this negotiation... this particular one was never at the $575 monthly payment. It was at $519 at one point, though, and that was also with a significant amount due at signing (I believe $760, which included a first month's payment). So there has been a major change even on this car.
  • chris622chris622 Member Posts: 1
    I leased my black roadster in michigan in june 539.98 down and 39 payments of 336.98 and i love the car the only thing it need is the wheels which i changed and put on evil twins 18 in front and 20 in rear makes the car stand out and at 26mpg it is fun! Brighton chysler in michigan is where i got it
    You're very welcome jiw2. Good job on negotiating down this car's payment further.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_Man,

I posted this in the Car Leasing forum but I was informed to post this here as well. Sorry about the double post.

Is Chrysler offering any lease support on the 2005 Crossfire Limited with auto trans? Interested in leasing one 15k miles year. Any hot 24/36/39 month deals going on for this model? What kind of res. and MF are we looking at? And any lease cash available?

Thanks!
    Anyone? Has Car_Man disappeared?
    I'm still here, kmouradian. These new lease discussions have created a tremendous amount of traffic that I am trying to keep up with. You never mentioned whether you are interested in leasing a Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited or Roadster Limited. DaimlerChrysler is currently providing lease support on both. Its most attractive lease term for these cars is probably 36 months. If you were to lease a 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00173 and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a Crossfire Roadster Limited should be .00173 and 57%. DaimlerChrysler is currently providing $1,000 lease cash on both of these cars, plus it is giving dealers two $1,000 coupons that can be used on Crossfire purchases or leases for the rest of the year. Dealers are not obligated to use these coupons on your deal, but since you know about them you should be able to get them to do so.

Car_man
    Host
  • martin6martin6 Member Posts: 1
    the last lease I had (10 years ago) had a base lease payment PLUS taxes. Does that still hold true today? When a dealer quotes a lease payment does it include the taxes? Florida???
  • parawxmanparawxman Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a loaded SRT 6 coupe for 37400, if you are still in the market let me know and I can give you some help...The secret is Detroit. They are all over the place out there and the dealers NEED to deal. I am east coast and it was a nice drive home in my new car
    HI martin6. Dealers can quote you a lease payment for the vehicle that you want including taxes or before taxes. Make sure to ask the dealer that you are working with exactly what any lease payment that they quote you includes. The methods for calculating sales tax on leased vehicles vary from state to state. In Florida, I believe that the state taxes the payment and down payment of leased vehicles. You may be able to find out more information on how sales tax is calculated in your area by visiting the following sites: Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles or State of Florida Department of Revenue.

Car_man
    Host
  • mojomanmojoman Member Posts: 2
    I am in the market for an SRT-6, possibly the roadster, and am also on the east coast but willing to travel for the right car. What should I know that you learned in your Detroit experiences?
  • cmdr17cmdr17 Member Posts: 5
    I work for DaimlerChrysler in the midwest and can assure you that dealers are very eager to make a deal on any crossfire you want. Post a reply on this forum with your email address and what type you're looking for. I'll get back to you. I was told by a dealer I work with that he let a 2004 coupe go for about 23K. The coupe (limited) is the one the dealers are particularly interested in moving.
    No e-mail addresses in the forums please...

Just post any info you have here... Dealership names and locations only...

For a reference point, there is a dealer in Cincinnati that is advertising SRT Roadsters for $10K off of MSRP... About $40K after discount... And Limited Roadsters for $9K off of MSRP... which is around $31,500 after discount..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mojomanmojoman Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Commander!

I am on the hunt for an SRT6 roadster, but can see how a coupe may have a steeper discount. Can you post a dealer name or some kind of subtle clues where to be calling?
  • xfirexfire Member Posts: 13
    I'm seriously considering buying an 05' RTS Roadster. The dealers are giving $10K off on any Crossfire here in southern California.
    1.Is it worth paying $9K more for the RTS?
    2. Does anyone know when the '06's are coming out, and if anything, what has been updated/changed?
    3. Anyone have a list of recall on 05's?

Thanks!!!
  • randyl712randyl712 Member Posts: 29
    I'm out in Denver, wondering what the best price for the SRT-6 coupes are these days?
  • randyl712randyl712 Member Posts: 29
    Forget it - I'm not considering the Crossfire any longer after test driving one.
    Any news on the '06's? I hear it's only two new colors and a change in the SRT logo placement. Anyone hear anything else?

Is the extra $$ worth it for the SRT?
  • dac17dac17 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at a new 2005 SRT-6 for $29,990. I assume this is a real deal at this price. Anyone do any better?
  • yuantsaiyuantsai Member Posts: 1
    Looking for coupe limited automatic
    What tires are standard on the SRT 6? Which tires are better if there is a choice.
    Also, I'm looking at buying a SRT6 Roadster w/ 2500 miles for $34,000. it was bought in Northern California in Sept/05. Is this a good deal?
  • mertronmertron Member Posts: 2
    PURCHASED AN EXACT SRT6- PAID STICKER PRICE IN JULY AT A MAINE DEALERSHIP- LOVE THE CAR - IN FACT I WAS GOING TO LEAVE IT HERE AT MY WINTER HOME IN FLA AND PURCHASE A LESS EXPENSIVE CAR FOR RETURN TRIP TO MAINE ( ROUGHER ROADS ) NOW THA I'M SEEING SOME OF THE SUPER DEALS AVAILABLE ( SUCH AS YOURS ) MAYBE I'L BUY ANOTHER FOR HERE AND TAKE ORIGINAL BACK !!
  • jzawahrijzawahri Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire Sliver with 20,000 miles (mostly hiway miles) leased mid 2004. Still have ~ 38 months with $620/month and 15k/month. We (my wife and I) are expecting to have a baby and I am trying to get out of the lease. Dose anyone know how I can do it? anyone interested? please email me.
This discussion has been closed.