Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus GS Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• tom76tom76 Member Posts: 1
    I just got the following price on the GS 300 RWD. Anyone care to let me know what they think. Standard options, beautiful blue exterior, no nav or ML. Sticker $46,129. My price $42,270 plus tax and tags. Two dealers in smaller towns said I should take the price as it was a good one. (Not that I put much stock in that.) Thoughts?

I am going in tomorrow to finalize. It is the last day of the month. Any suggestions for squeezing any more out of them.

I wonder if I should wait for December? I am self financing so I'd hate to wait and only get a good rate as that does me no good. Thoughts????

Thanks!!!
  • h5n1h5n1 Member Posts: 2
    GS330 AWD -
    MSRP 48175

Good deal?? But then I read about Acura RL - for 41K?? and has Nav + SH AWD (MSRP 50K)

what to choose...
  • bartalk3bartalk3 Member Posts: 692
    Tom: Very good price. What state are you in where you got that price? (Don't say state of euphoria).
  • ktranktran Member Posts: 10
    Can you tell me the name of the dealership which gave you this deal? Thanks.
  • anijhawanijhaw Member Posts: 24
    Just drove by the local Lexus dealership and they have GS300s without ML/Nav (Total MSRP 46,800) advertised at $499 per month.

Has anyone come across something similar and do you know the terms of this lease deal?
  • ckelly14ckelly14 Member Posts: 105
    I saw the same thing this weekend. Don't have details, but the salesman said that it was for 48 months/12K with about 2-3 K down. Therefore, it was no real deal. I don't believe there are any good lease deals on the GS300 YET.
  • ckelly14ckelly14 Member Posts: 105
    I also posted this on the main GS forum:

Possibly in the market for a new GS 300. One of local dealers has 5 GS300's that they used in their loaner fleets. They have about 1000 miles on them. None have been titled. Fortunately, all are in the color combo that I want. Any guess as to how much to ask for one? I'm thinking at least below invoice. Their are plenty of GS's on dealer lots and I'm guessing I can have a non-loaner GS for about 500-1000 over invoice.
  • indoindo Member Posts: 1
    Just about to commence negotiations on 2006 GS 300 but now have serious reservations with impending arrival of 2007 GS 350 in Sept/Oct 2006. If the 2007 has a higher performance engine what impact could it have on 2006 resale value? Any pro/con thoughts would be appreciated.

Indo
  • sbr4sbr4 Member Posts: 1
    I am making a deal on:
    2006 GS 300 RWD
    Mark Levinson
    Navigation
    Moonroof
    Rain-sensing windshield wipers with mist control
    headlamp washers
    Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
    Intuitive Parking Assist
    Ventilated front seats
    Rear spoiler
    Power rear-window sunshade
    + satellite radio

what do you guys think? is this fair, or should i continue shopping

thanks
  • kmg68kmg68 Member Posts: 108
    This sounds high-I believe the sticker on this vehicle is around $50,659 and invoice is around $4,500-you should be able to get this vehicle at $1000 over invoice if not better.
    OOps..my post above should have said "44,500" as invoice, not $4,500......
  • stevezistevezi Member Posts: 1
    I am in NJ. I just Leased a GS 300 AWD W/Nav and ML upgrade. I have not picked it up yet, so I do not have the exact details. But the price they were basing it on was $46,800. I Leased from Warnock Lexus in Livingston. They were very good to deal with. My final deal was $1771 at signing, and $642.50 for the next 35 months. (A 36 month lease deal, with 36,000 miles) To get this deal, I had to put $6075 in an account with Lexus that I get back after the lease, if full.

IF you are in NJ...

NOTE: Ray Catena Lexus dealer in Oakhurst gave me a quote OVER THE PHONE with NO hassles. And it was SOLID. It helped me negotiate my deal with Warnock. I actually got a BETTER deal from Catena. Same deal as above, but $620/month. It was offered to me AFTER I had given my word to Warnock that it was a deal. I had spent enough time with the salesman at Warnock and I felt he had done his work well, and that is where I would be bringing the car for service, so I felt the right thing to do was lease through Warnock.

I would not hesitate to call Catena and work out the best deal though. There first quote was the same set up as above, but at $688 through Hana Financing, if I recall correctly. I decided I felt more comfortable with the Lexus financing.

Hope this helps.

Steve
  • firstgsfirstgs Member Posts: 1
    I just bought 2006 GS300 AWD with following options:
    Mark Levinson/Nav.
    Sunroof
    Rain-sensing wiper
    Park assist
    Ventilated seats
    rear spoiler
    preferred accessory group
    MSRP $52,654
    Invoice $45,926
    Price paid: $46,800 which is $874 over invoice.

So, yeah, you can get good deals on this car.
    Very happy with the car. Used to drive BMW 330Ci and ML320 (still have them).
    All three cars are very different cars, so you can't compare them simply. But, feature, interior, smooth ride, quietness, and ergonomics of Lexus is just incredible.
    I had reliability issues with all the Mercedes that I've owned in the past, so I barely looked at them this time around. I had excellent experience with BMW, so I extensively test drove 530 before settling on GS. I borrowed 530 for couple days, so I can honestly compare.
    I also looked carefully into Audi A6, but found the car to be totally outmatched by 530 and GS.

530 vs. GS300
    530: Pros-
    Better handling (wider turning radius than GS though)
    More low grunt power (but less power once RPM's near 3000)
    Teutonic feeling interior (which I like)
    Looks better than GS from the front.

Cons-
    Noisy compared to GS
    Less refined ride than GS
    average ergonomics compared to lexus's industry leading design,
    Far less features than GS.
    Looks worse than GS from the back,
    I already have 330Ci which has better handling and better power-to-weight ratio.
    GS had AWD

It was pretty easy decision for me to chose GS, but if extra handling is very important, the decision might be little more difficult for you. I'm just so happy with my decision.

But most pleasant surprise for me was the dealer experience. Lexus salesman was just superb compared to Acura (absolutely worst, no class, acts like if they're selling Civic to college kids), Audi (Salesman was very nice, but tried to play bait and switch on me), BMW salesman was very nice, reasonable, and hasslefree, but Lexus was just absolutely perfect. The guy really went the extra mile to take care of me. He showered me with extra trinkets, and went over everything with me after the purchase. He even printed the list of bluetooth phones that work the best with GS, and e-mailed me to make sure I didn't have any questions. That personal experience combined with the car itself, made this purchase the best car buying experience in my book.
    Firstgs,

WOW!! What a great deal! Would you mind sharing the name of the dealership that you purchased from? I will be purchasing a new GS within the next 2-3 weeks and am looking for a similar deal. Thanks!
  • hminhmin Member Posts: 8
    What a wonderful deal!! Congratulations!
    Would you tell us the dealer's information?
    I am in the market for GS300 now.
    Thanks a lot,
    hmin
  • eddiemaceddiemac Member Posts: 141
    A 2006 GS 430 in the Washington, DC area. What prices are you all paying? I am willing to travel if the price is right.
  • debbieandjondebbieandjon Member Posts: 4
    207 of 234 GS430 purchase by debbieandjon Oct 07, 2005 (2:48 am)
    Reply | E-mail Msg
    One stop shopping at Longo Lexus in El Monte, CA was all it took for me to buy
    a '06 GS 430 w/ ML,NAV,spoiler,rain sens wiper,moonroof,rear sunshade,vent seats,park assist,matts,wheel lock,cargo net and Sirius radio w 9 mo subscriptiion.

MSRP $58584 + $495 Sirius = $59079
    -------------------------------------------------------- savings = $4490
    PRICE PAID = $54589

I was too tired to push for more.
  • eddiemaceddiemac Member Posts: 141
    Thanks for the info!
  • firstlpsfirstlps Member Posts: 3
    Looking to buy GS 300 Houston with the Navigation/Mark Levinson Audio package: RS, SS, SR, VS, Z1, MV, WO, RF, and ZZ. I am willing to travel within 300 miles to get a good deal. This will be my first LPS
    Thanks for help. :D
  • stacey6stacey6 Member Posts: 2
    want to lease a gs300awd w/o navigation and ml radio. I was quoted a lease price of $565 a month for 12,000 miles with 2,800 out of pocket which includes the taxes up front. It is for 48 months which i want. I live in New York. Is this a good deal?
    Does anyone know if Lexus is or will be offering any special incentives for the GS for their "December to Remember" event?
  • jc_05gtjc_05gt Member Posts: 13
    You mean December to forget?? Their new commercial and wed site indicate "see your dealer for details" What a bunch of you know what.
  • rslandarchrslandarch Member Posts: 3
    "Lower interest rates and better inventory..." was quoted by a Lexus sales associate. They were able beat the interest rate that I brought in. However, they had less GS series at the dealer during this sales event than a week earlier.
    I am interested in purchasing the extended warranty for my GS300. The dealer offered to sell me the 7 year/75,000 mile, Platinum Care for $2000 with the option for a full refund if no claims are made. Is this a fair price?
    "They were able beat the interest rate that I brought in. However, they had less GS series at the dealer during this sales event than a week earlier."

Can you share with us the interest rate that they quoted you? I will also be comparing the rate from my credit union to the Lexus rate.
    Shop around. Call several dealers and get their best price on an extended warranty. You don't have to buy the warranty from the dealer who sold you the car. My view is that an extended warranty on a Lexus is probably unnecessary.
  • jc_05gtjc_05gt Member Posts: 13
    What did they give you - 5.99% or something exciting like that? Like I said - December to forget. I called two Lexus dealers to try and find out what the December special was and was diconnected the first time and voice mail the second time. Lame!
    They (Glendale Lexus, in California) offered 5.00% interest rate on a $20,000, 24 month. My credit union offered 5.35% on the same term. Not a whole lot of savings, but it will shave a few dollars off each payment.
  • firstlpsfirstlps Member Posts: 3
    I am in with a few days of buying a GS300 in Texas. Has anyone recently purchase a new GS here in Texas and how much did you pay over invoice or did you buy out of state?
    Thank you your reply ;)
  • wl33wl33 Member Posts: 4
    Got 5.99% interest rate on purchase, $599/month with $2500 down on a 36 month, 12k/year lease on a AWD GS300 w/o navigation.

This was at Lexus of Englewood in NJ. Anyone receive something substantially better than this at one of the other northeast NJ/NYC dealers? For what it's worth, my credit is very, very good.

Forgot to ask at the dealership, but is the nav available without the Mark Levinson audio? I'd love to have the navigation system, but the premium audio isn't something I need (or at least, willing to pay that much for).
  • anijhawanijhaw Member Posts: 24
    Below is the deal on my new GS300 in NC:

48 month lease
    12k per year
    Money factor = 0.00175
    Residual = 45%
    MSRP - 50700
    Selling Price - 46480

$658 per month including tax
  • stacey6stacey6 Member Posts: 2
    Ray Catena of Larchmont, NY is offering "December to Remember lease of $565/month with 0 down on a 48 month, 12k/year AWD GS 300 w/o navigation to previous Lexus Financial Service customers
  • valerievvaleriev Member Posts: 47
    Hi Ron,
    I'm from midwest too. I just got a internet quote from the same dealer for 3700 off MSRP. Did you have to negotiate lower or is the internet price pretty much it??
    I;m seriously considering getting it ship to chicago. Maybe I'll try the local dealer one last time during the december to remember event and see what they have to offer.
    Many thanks to all the info you've provided. :)
  • szimmermanszimmerman Member Posts: 1
    I currently drive a 97 Audi A8. Love the car, hate the dealer, and the cost of repair. Have 118K miles, there's constant repair, not the $100 kind, but the $800 kind.
    Father in law offered up his 2006 GS300 AWD, Pearl, black leather, and with nav, etc, for $40K. Has 800 miles. Haven't driven it, but it looks to be a pretty good deal. Would appreciate any insight you might have.

Sam
  • damaraldamaral Member Posts: 1
    It sounds like one great deal! Even w/o navigation, I don't think you could do better.
  • sullyaksullyak Member Posts: 30
    Thank you for your comparisons. I am considering similar vehicles. I haven't driven the GS yet but I have read that anyone over 6 feet tall will be rubbing their head on the ceiling of the GS. Can you or anyone else tell me if this is true? I am 6'2" tall and I know that you can't tell much from the SPEC sheets. Is it worth me driving the distance to a lexus dealership for a test drive?
    Thanks.
  • tds1tds1 Member Posts: 74
    I think it depends on how you adjust the seat. I am 6'1" and I couldn't stand that I was brushing against the roof. I kept trying to move the seat "down" but it was already as far as it would go. Otherwise I loved the car but that is a "fatal" flaw to me. I hope they alter things in 2007, but I suppose it's unlikely. Others have posted it is not a problem for them but YMMV of course. It's such a nice car it's probably worth the test drive. At this point, I am holding out for the ES350, as it shouldn't have the height problem.
    I finally pulled the trigger and took delivery on a GS300 RWD on January 2nd! It has taken over a year of researching, and reading the various forums available on Edmunds and other sites. For the past 6 months I was torn between the M35 and the GS, but in the end, decided on the GS. Even though I live in Atlanta, I purchased through Lexus of Knoxville because they gave me the best deal:

Blue Onyx w/Cashmere Leather
    Navigation (No ML)
    Power Moon/Sun Roof
    Power Rear Sunshade
    Ventilated Seats
    Rain Sensing Wipers
    Spoiler
    Preferred Accessory Package
    XM Satellite Radio

My purchase price (not lease) was $43,574 including Destination, TTL, and Doc Fees which came out to $800 over invoice. Invoice was $42,774 and MSRP was $48,910.

The XM radio still needs to be installed because the dealer did not have any in stock and it was not installed at the port. Otherwise, the car is beautiful and a joy to drive. I am very happy with the above deal and the dealer was great to work with. The dealer even included delivery of my vehicle via a flat-bed truck directly to my home! The sales manager drove out with the truck driver to do the paperwork and explain how everything worked in the car. He even synched up my phone with the bluetooth technology for me! My purchase through Lexus of Knoxville was a great experience and I would highly recommend them to anyone considering purchasing a Lexus!
    The sales manager drove all the way from Knoxville to Atlanta just to explain how things worked in the car? How far a drive is that? That and the price seem extraodinary.
    It is about a 3-3 1/2 hour drive from Atlanta. On top of everything else, they gave me a 5.05% financing rate!! I am sure I got a better deal because it was negotiated during the last week of the year. I had emailed/faxed about 18 dealerships within a 5 hour drive of Atlanta (in case I had to take delivery at the dealership)and Knoxville and Raleigh had the best price. Knoxville just happened to have the color combo that I wanted so I went with them.

Most dealerships wouldn't drop below $1500 over invoice, however I had two that were $1000 over invoice and two that were $800 over invoice. Needless to say, I am very happy with my car and the deal that I received!!
    Oops-I made an error in my message regarding the great deal I got! The $43,574 purchase price included tag and title but not tax, which is 6% where I live in Georgia. Still a good deal!
  • ray21ray21 Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone recently gotten a good price here in Canada on a GS300 RWD touring package? I am seeing a few demos come up on the net, but they are still around the $61k range....I am finding the dealers are not willing to budge too much on price for a new one. ">
  • zimavadzimavad Member Posts: 1
    Lexus of Seattle in Lynnwood, WA. After waiting for several months for an Avalon with options and colors I wanted, I stopped by this dealer, right next door to me. Test drove AWD300 but decided to buy 430 for more power. Only one was available, red/beige loaded with standard lux package ($7,039.00). Sticker said $59,109.00, I offered $3,000.00 less, and it was a deal. In addition, Lexus gave me $8825.00 (Kelly Book's maximum) for Deville 2000, which I considered another good deal because previously three different Toyota dealers offered me maximum $7K for it as a trade-in.
    The car is very good, it's a different world.
    :)
  • heather7heather7 Member Posts: 5
    ***I hope this thread is ok to post here. The GS300 pre-2006 forum is read only***

Hubby and I are considering a certified 2004 GS300 with 13k miles. Asking price is reasonable ($31k) and is comparible (in price only) to the brand new AWD SUV that we are also considering (Honda Pilot $32k).

My concern is RWD in the snow. Last big snowfall, my 2001 FWD Passat V6 wagon (MT) with good snow tires wouldn't make it up our very long driveway (the driveway slopes down to the street). Also, on ice my passat's abs often kicks in when going down the driveway. Trying to get out onto the main road results in spinning tires.

With that said, I have to imagine that the gs300 is going to be even worse under the same conditions. I have 2 children in booster seats and cannot risk their safety.

This brings up another point. The salesman said that the front driver and passenger side curtains go all the way to the back to protect the rear passengers. Yet, I haven't found information to prove that it's true.

I love the way the GS300 drives. I prefer a car that is fun to drive which is why I find it hard to go the SUV/Minivan route. I love the way the Passat drives (75k miles and no problems).

My questions are:

1 - Am I being unfair in my assessment of the GS300 in snowy and icy conditions? The salesman said that he would throw in a pair of Blizzak tires that would be put on by the dealer at no charge.

2 - Anyone know about the side curtain airbag?

3 - What kind of car does a family of 4 buy when they would like a sporty drive, AWD, safe, *reliable* car in the low $30k range? (Can't afford a luxury german car nor would I risk the headaches of poor reliability)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    1) No... you aren't being unfair in your assessment.. Also, never put a "pair" of winter tires on.. If you want to turn and stop, then put on a set of four. Did you really have winter tires on your stick-shift Passat? I'm surprised you didn't have better traction.

2) Don't know..

3) Subaru Legacy GT sedan or wagon.. They are nicer than you think, though the wagon is unavailable with a manual transmission for '06.. EDIT: What about a new AWD Passat?

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• heather7heather7 Member Posts: 5
    That was my mistake - the offer was 4 snow tires.

Re snow tires on Passat...
    they are Nokians that my hubby had put on last winter. this was a big improvement over the other tires. once i get going, there isn't a problem driving the passat in snow - even with stopping. the abs will kick in and do it's job when i come to the end of the driveway.

Subaru Legacy...we'll I hadn't considered it. We went to look at a 2005 Saab 9-5 Arc Wagon. I still like the styling of it even though it's older. But, I didn't like the ride and the power was lacking. Have you driven the Legacy?
    Yes.. the GT model with the turbo-charged engine has gobs of power... It doesn't handle like a BMW, but it is comparable to a Passat..

I wonder about your Nokians... I know they make an all-season tire that is rated for winter use, and though it is pretty darn good, it isn't quite up to the standards of a pure winter tire.. I'm betting that is the model you have... I think the model name is Nokian WR.. A pure winter tire, like a Bridgestone Blizzak, that you would only put on for the 4 winter months would probably give you more traction..

regards,
    kyfdx

PS: Check it out here: 2.5 GT Limited 4dr Sedan AWD

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• willcollinswillcollins Member Posts: 6
    If I live in Atlanta and purchase a GS from Knoxville and problems occur which are covered by the warranty, do I need to return to Knoxville to have them addressed or can I have them fixed here in Atlanta without charge? Thanks for your help.
    If your car is under warranty, any Lexus dealer will work on it... Most service departments are happy to have your business, even if you bought the car elsewhere.. Just give them a call, and make an appointment..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator