Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus GS Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• lafooliolafoolio Member Posts: 3
    I got quoted $42,500 before ttl for a GS300 RWD everything but the navigation. This is around the Los Angeles area... can i do better than this?
  • breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710
    I noticed an ad from a Lexus dealership in our local paper yesterday that claimed $4,000 off all 2006 RX330's and $5,000 off all 2006 GS300 AWDs. The ad claimed there were 26 of these GS300's available. There were no other details provided in the ad.

I'm gonna go check it out, but thought I'd ask here to get impressions from the shoppers on this forum.

Does that seem legitimate? I wouldn't expect discounts that deep, and certainly not offered out in an ad like that. For instance, Carsdirect shows no discount off MSRP for my area. What gives?

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• donbldonbl Member Posts: 42
    $5,000 off GS is very reasonable if it is at the top end of MSRP.

About what I received.
  • breldbreld Member Posts: 6,710
    I went to the dealership that had posted the ad yesterday, and it is what it is. $5,000 off MSRP on any in-stock GS 300 AWD (actually, I think it's for any GS, but the ad just called out the AWDs).

They have around 30 of them on the lot, from "stripped" models at around $48k on up to ones with Nav/Levinson at around $52k. FWIW, they have two in the color and equipped the way I would want - two silvers, one with black leather and one with grey, both without Nav, MSRP at $48k.

So, $43k for a GS300 AWD seems like a pretty good deal to me. I need to take another test drive though - I wasn't thrilled with mine yesterday, but it had been snowing here in Denver (AWD seemed to work well, just couldn't get a good feel for the car).

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• neil5neil5 Member Posts: 118
    I want to know if HID adaptive lighting is included in GS300 package? Which one? Did you get this? :lemon:
    Does this include HID lamps?
  • bartalk3bartalk3 Member Posts: 692
    HID lamps are standard, no?
  • pro3pro3 Member Posts: 1
    Great minds think alike- I have an 05 RL I will trade in for either the GS 300 or an M35- exactly what you went thru. The factory acura installed XM works seamlessly- how much after-market add-on BS do you experience with Lexus XM? (can't believe Lex doesn't pre-install- I hear they add a box to in the trunk? pretty lame) Does it interface well with the audio screen? Can you read out song, artist, station and easily pre-set 12 XM channels? Any advise ou can give on that, the bluetooth use, NAV is greatly appreciated. Seems like you got a GREAT price.
    THANKS-
  • donbldonbl Member Posts: 42
    Only had the car for about 100 miles.....

XM is integrated well and the readout on the Navi is fine. Salesman said the "factory" installation was exactly the same as the dealer installation. OK,,, but probably necessary for good reception (the antenna block).

Would like some more choices on the Navi setup for when the car is started like "off". Working on it.

BT I am working on with my LG325 (Sprint). Can make call from screen and receive calls. Link is good. Still working on solution for dialing while driving. Have read that the 1-dial will work underway. Not tested. LG325 will not transfer the phone book.

Lovely car but needs more customer choices on electronics setup like you have on a windows setup with your PC. 'Course, hope the Lexus electronics are more reliable than my XP Windows operation on my PC.
  • tluu714tluu714 Member Posts: 6
    hi, HOW MUCH SHOULD I PAY OUT THE DOOR WITH A 2006 GS RWD OPTIONS: MOON ROOF , VILILANTED SEATS, POWER REAR SUN SHADE, RAIN SENSOR WIPERS AND REAR SPOILER??????????
    IM LOOKING FOR SAME CAR WITH THE OPTIONS YOU HAVE...HOW MUCH DID U PAY FOR OUT THE DOOR. AND HOW DID U NEGOTIATED? BY PHONE? INTERNET SALES MANAGER??? THANKS
    I BEEN OFFER THE SAME CAR AND OPTION FOR 41,529
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Welcome to the Forums, tluu714! I'm sure others will be glad to share pricing with you. However, you might have to wait awhile since this is a message board and not a real-time chat! Also, if you turn off your CAPS LOCK key when you type, it makes your messages easier for everyone to read.

Hope we help you find a good deal on your GS!

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

who did u deal with? sales manager?
    how did u neogiated? sales manger. internet sales manager?
    What dealership did you buy it from? :D
  • houstonmerchoustonmerc Member Posts: 65
    Can anyone recommend a salesperson at Lexus in Houston, North Freeway toward The Woodlands, that they've used and liked?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    Uh...no, they can't

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• atd1atd1 Member Posts: 3
    I just agreed to pay $46,600 for a 2006 GS300 AWD, inclusive of the ML package, moonroof, etc, with a msrp of 52,539.

I just want to ensure that I didn't leave money on the table.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Great price. Where did you get it?
  • atd1atd1 Member Posts: 3
    Ray Catena Lexus of Monmouth in New Jersey
  • golfer9golfer9 Member Posts: 1
    Buying a GS 300 . Went to the dealer after doing my research on price and reading all these experiences. Questioned the options NV - Navagation with rearview camera and WO - Intuative Parking assist which Edmunds Glossary states includes rearview camera. I asked why if I get NV do I have to pay for the rear camera again in the WO package because I do want the rear sensors. The dealership got the "official book" and said Edmund's was wrong and the WO does noy have the rearview camera. Who is correct ?
    I think your dealer is right. The intuitive parking gismo is a series of beeps, I believe, and doesn't involve a camera. You're not paying for the camera twice.
  • kangermeierkangermeier Member Posts: 1
    sounds good, what dealer I'll go there
    kena
  • bdkinnhbdkinnh Member Posts: 292
    When I bought mine, if I wanted the park assist it would have been a special order (meaning more money). You may want to get a quote with and without the park assist.
  • cgs1238cgs1238 Member Posts: 11
    I think I just got a really good deal but would like some verification.

2006 GS 300. Nicely loaded but does not have navigation package.

36 month lease. 16,000 miles per year. No security deposit. No "cap cost resduction". Includes Sirius sat radio.

$692/ month including tax.

Any other comparisons out there?
    I looked at GS300, settled on T.Avalon Limited. Same frame, larger engine 3.5L, more accessaries, bigger car and loaner with each service. Laser cruise, Voice GPS, Vent seats, Ground effects package, 500w JBL synthesis rivals ML, Auto mirrors. Same handles, steering wheel, Exhaust....OTD 38K...fast and I don't feel bad...about the L missing on the trunk
  • aramiarami Member Posts: 2
    I wanted to get some feedback; I was able to get into a 2006 GS300 RWD, as a lease for 48m, 15k miles, first month payment,lic, and TLC inside/out pak due at signing-- for 674.00 mo; I know this may be a longer term lease than most, but I am a newbie at this. Any thoughts out there? The MSRP was 48500, but after some negotiating of the price I got it for 41500. :shades:
  • cgs1238cgs1238 Member Posts: 11
    Refer to post #295. I just took delivery of a very similar car. Nicely loaded but no navigation/Mark Levinson system. I leased for 36 months, 16k miles a year for $696 which includes tax. The cost for 15k miles was about $11 less per month.
  • alboogie7alboogie7 Member Posts: 9
    getting a rate for a GS300AWD with almost every option available Purchase Price$46,322, residual is 55% for 12k per year and the money factor is .00178. Total out of pocket is $3216 which includes 619 1st month, $167 trasnfer plates, 600 bank fee, $44 tax on bank fee. Lease for 36 months is $619. Is this a good deal? Please advise.
    Many thanks to all!
  • aramiarami Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the message---

The car did happen to come w/DVD/NAV, voice command, and the Mark levinson package, the only thing that I did not get was the parking assist, and the collision mitigation system. :D
  • bob1969bob1969 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought my first Lexus and am so excited! I bought a '99 Silver GS 400 with 108,000 miles....but it looks brand new. I bought it from a friend who kept it in a garage and did all of the driving on the highway. It is so smooth and yet so powerful. I am not sure I will ever buy a non-lexus.
  • n1danieln1daniel Member Posts: 27
    Carman,

Lexus gs300 with nav for 36mo/15K

Thanks
  • newflamenconewflamenco Member Posts: 2
    Sorry for this cross-post... but I did not get any replies from the group I posted earlier.

I skipped the Lo Jack ($695.00) when we purchased our GS300. We just received a letter from the dealer stating that they would not deactivate the system and let us keep it for $300. This is just a basic Lo Jack Recovery System... no Early Warning.

Can someone comment on this? We're thinking of going for it... but it does not make sense that they are willing to give us $395 discount. Thanks.
  • mzandermzander Member Posts: 2
    i am looking at the same car what do the numbers look like
  • mzandermzander Member Posts: 2
  • morrismmorrism Member Posts: 9
    just bought gs 300rwd today.paid 45500.Fully loaded with nav and ML.I.m afraid it;s not good deal. can someone advise pl.I will pick up the car next wk.thanx.
    morrism: Sounds like a good deal to me. Sticker must have been over 50. Where did you buy??
    hennessy lexus ATL.
    Sounds like you got it pretty close to invoice. Since Lexus will replace the car with the GS350 in the fall, dealers may be giving hefty discounts. Considering the price of gas, the GS300 may actually be a smarter buy than the 350. You give up a little power and get better mileage. Well worth it now.
    I had wanted to buy the new Es350 ultra pkg for 44k,but after i test drove both cars,i felt more comfotable in the gs and also the price diff was not significant.I was skeptical initially because i don't know the prices people were paying for gs 300rwd.Thanx,that makes me feel good knowing that it was a good deal i got.
    I was hoping the ES350 would handle a bit better. If it had, I might have bought that rather than the GS, partly because the GS300s available in this region (midwest) are all AWD, $2,000 more, 200 pounds heavier, slower and lower gas mileage. Unfortunately, the ES350 is not at all sporty and its handling can't compare with the GS.
  • whitegs300whitegs300 Member Posts: 3
    I bought one exactly like that 2 months ago in Miami, for that same price. I did lenthy research and that was the best I could get. I don't know how much more you could shave off that price, but I think is pretty good.
    Did you like dealing with Hennessy Lexus? Would you recommend them?
    highly recommended.
  • zarniezarnie Member Posts: 1
    I just bought my '06 GS300 in Los Angeles. It had the navigation package (no Mark Levinson) and I paid invoice price for it (close to 43,000). I think I got a pretty good price, but I do wonder if I could have done better? Any thoughts?
  • theclutchtheclutch Member Posts: 21
    im also looking for a GS300 w/navi, can you tell me which dealership and whats the name of the sales u talk to? and 43000 is that out of door price?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• wintermelonwintermelon Member Posts: 18
    I've been debating on whether to wait for the 07 ES to calm down or get a 06 GS for a bargain. I think I'll go with the GS. I'll not go with Nav or ML. Do you think the discount on the GS will lessen with the intro of the 350 model later in the year, or do you think I'll still be able to get pretty good deals?
  • byu_85byu_85 Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy a GS300 AWD that's MSRP around $50k. Any good dealer recommendation in Chicago area? Also what should i expect to pay?