Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus GS Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• tuphamtupham Member Posts: 7
    The invoice is around 42K
  • shenghshengh Member Posts: 29
    If it's around $42k, that means you are not much over invoice with a $45,935 drive out price. I say go for it!
  • chucko3chucko3 Member Posts: 793
    Finally picked up my GS350 AWD+ML yesterday.
    I don't think you can get $1000 over the invoice in the
    northeast.
    Congrats chucko3! I was able to negotiate mine down to $2000 over invoice and get to pick it up today!!! GS350 RWD with NAV and 18" summer tires. :D
    I thought the odometer gauge is blue as shown here:
    http://www.lexus.com/models/GS/detailed_specifications.html

But mine is white. What color is yours?
    I know I can change the mode, but I still can't change it to
    blue. Haven't driven in daylight yet. Maybe it turns blue in daylight.
    Nice catch. Mine is the same as yours... just went out and tried, but did not get the blue to show up. Maybe it's only in the 430? :confuse:
  • servertechservertech Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking at a 2007 GS350 AWD with an MSRP of $47,312 for $43,300 which is $4,000 off MSRP.
    KBB states invoice is $41,600.
    Salesman claims his "dealer" invoice is $42,300.
    So it's $1,700 over KBB invoice.
    And $1,000 over "dealer" invoice.

Is this a good deal, or should I keep looking?
    The car is in New York, is white/black and has just vented seats, spoiler and accessory pkg.

Thanks!
    $41600 is invoice with options as you mentioned, but w/out
    accessory package (wheel locks, trunk mat, and cargo nets). Add another $300 to it.
    Your offer $43.3K is good. It's 1400 above invoice.
    But I would check around with at least another dealer.

My GS350AWD+ML came from NY a few days ago after 48 days
    waiting. They don't make many GS350AWD with ML.

There are many $47K & $49K (MSRP) cars around here. I
    imagine they should have quite a few in NY.
    So make sure you get the color you want it. I only got my 2nd choice of color.
    Bummer. :cry:
  • wingzero023wingzero023 Member Posts: 2
    I got a price quote of: $46871 (Before Taxes)
    Specifications:
    2007 GS350 RWD obsidian/cashmere
    18" summer tires
    Mark Levinson
    Navigation System
    Preferred Accessory Kit
    other addons like spoiler, ventilated seats, etc.

Is this a good deal for this car in the Los Angeles area? Thanks
    "I got a price quote of: $46871 (Before Taxes) "

What is MSRP on the window sticker?
  • wingzero023wingzero023 Member Posts: 2
    MSRP is $51763. Car includes XM radio as well.
    At $4,892 off MSRP it sounds like a good deal to me.

Go for it!
    I agree!! Good deal!!
  • hrthrbhrthrb Member Posts: 5
    I put a down payment on a GS350 AWD w/ the Mark Levinson stereo options/accessories. Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly, VA gave us $1,500 off the retail. He's searching for a Blue Onyx Pearl w/ cashmere int. but it seems unlikely he'll find one any time soon. Are they really so rare, or is the dealer trying to avoid getting the car from another dealership at his expense? We hoped to get the car by year's end.
    $1500 discount seems way too low, even if the car you want is not in stock. Also, they will typically try to pass the shipping cost on to you if they have to get it from a different dealer. Try to shop around if you have that option.
    Is it possible to get back our $1,000 down payment so we can free ourselves to go elsewhere? I trust this dealership, and the salesman, but I'm afraid they saw us as too willing to buy and didn't feel they needed to give. We also had $750 off from a taste-of-lexus event coupon, so we're getting $2,250 off total. That means we're paying $49,815. Too high? How do you deal after you've put money down but don't have a current contract? We opted out of a base model for the M.L. version, which they didn't have.
    I also had the Taste of Lexus coupon. I bought my car last week, MSRP was $47,511 made the deal for $42,800, then minus the $750 coupon for a total of $5,461 off MSRP.
    You really need to shop around! Use the Edmunds price quote feature, it's free, and that's how I bought my GS350 AWD. Email them exactly what colors/options you want and find one in stock. Then call the internet sales person and offer them $4,500 off MSRP. Read the coupon, it says to make your best deal first and then apply the coupon as cash payment.

And yes you can get the down payment back, call them NOW and tell them. Then show up after work. DONT take no for an answer. Finding another car at another dealer ALWAYS costs you more money.
    I did so (got my deposit back) and you should be able to also, especially since the car is not there yet. Just tell them you've changed your mind. If they really push, tell them you got a better deal elsewhere.

If you are willing to travel out of state, I've heard that the Ray Catena dealership in NJ has done some deals. Definitely use the online price quote feature on Edumunds as a starting point.
    hrthrb, check out this link - you may want to make absolutely sure that you get onto the dealership to get your refund to you ASAP.

http://sr1.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230603&highlight=Pohanka
    Thanks, shengh, for the recommendation of the Club Lexus web page. Very helpful. Seems I might need to rethink my Pohanka purchase.
    The Black Sapphire(Blue)/Cashmere is very rare.
    I don't think they make that many color with ML option.
    We had to settle for a Black/Cashmere. But she's a beauty!

Tell them you give them a week or two to find the car of your color. If they couldn't find the car, come back and take your deposit back.
    $1500 off the MSRP is way too low. I got mine for $3267 off the MSRP ($52067). I know I can do better if the car sits in the lot. There are not many with ML option.
    I called our salesman and left a strongly worded message telling him another dealer had a car coming in with the options we want, in black, and he needed to let us know if he could get what we wanted now. He called back and said he needed 24 to 48 hours to find out when we would be getting our car. Nothing like putting the screws to someone to get results. He said he didn't realize how anxious we were. Um, yeah. We actually are getting $2,250 off of the $52,067, and in Northern VA, they don't need to deal. They sell every car they get almost before they get them. Oh, well. And so it goes...
    obviously up to you, but I'd advise trying to get a better discount off MSRP. You may want to let them know that you are willing to travel out of state to buy it. I'm sure your dealer is especially willing to close on it before the end of the year if they can.
  • rubleyrubley Member Posts: 5
    Pohanka offered me $1900 off MSRP on a $49k car, you're not getting a good deal. I won't buy until I get $3k off MSRP.
    Well, the good news is that they offered us a GS 450h for $3500 off MSRP, plus the $750 Taste-of-Lexus discount, so we took it. We're proud owners of a 2007 black sapphire w/ cashmere GS450h. They conceded defeat on a GS 350 AWD and knew we were talking to another dealership. Btw, I don't recommend Lindsey. The salesman I talked to was outright rude almost from the start. Our Pohanka salesman was top notch. I'd recommend him.
    Congratulations! I've only driven the 450h at the Taste of Lexus event and found it to be very nice. Enjoy your new ride!
    Nice color! Blue at day and black at night.
    Congrats!
  • bacolodbacolod Member Posts: 24
    Had anybody around So.Cal area purchase a GS350 rwd. Options are Navigation/Mark Levinson system + accessory package ,spoiler, and an 18 inch wheel no XM satellite.
    What invoice price did you pay. Any dealership you could recommend. Thank You.
    you should be able to find the invoice price at kbb.com
  • drasdras Member Posts: 8
    Lindsay Lexus of Alexandria is quoting me $2,000 off MSRP for either a Blue/Cashmere or a Black on Black GS 350 AWD. The MSRP for the car is $52,067. I'm actually probably going to lease the car, but I wanted to know feedback on this price, seems like it's not much off MSRP, but I've checked with Pohanka and another dealership and basically there are not many cars out there, so they may have the upper hand here. Should I keep pushing?

Also, there are a bunch of fees associated with the lease, have other people been able to negotiate out the 1st year fees ($71.50), processing fees ($249) or bank acquisition fee ($600)? Thanks a bunch.
    definitely push for more of a discount than $2000. Also, if you are willing to travel outside the area, you may have better luck.
  • rj15rj15 Member Posts: 5
    I purchase the identical model...2007...in early September...and received a $3500 discount in central New Jersey
  • beriskyberisky Member Posts: 35
    Decided on a 2007 GS Black/Black.

Anyone lease a 350 or 430 recently in SoCal? Interested in terms of best deals.

Thanks.
  • beachbum48beachbum48 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    We just picked up our new GS 350 with the Mark Levinson system/Navigation and XM. We started at Lexus of Cerritos but after a bad experience we ended up close to home at Lexus of Valencia. We got the car we wanted at the price we believed to be fair and incredible service from the Sales Manager, Todd. One more piece of information, we also purchased an iPod harness or plug in device that not only charges our iPod but displays all of the song titles, playlists, artists and genre. All of the information reads out beautifully on the Navigation screen, Incredible. The guys company is called Group 47 sales and the number is 888.506.2267. By the way, Valencia Lexus is owned by Keyes Lexus and we are very happy with them.
  • zradzrad Member Posts: 2
    GS 350 AWD with nav system, ventilated seats, park assist, spoiler, rain sensing wipers. agreed price 46k. msrp 50090. invoice 43978. Recommend stevinson lexus of lakewood as kuni lexus of littleton did not deal (msrp 52000) and another dealership had an internet price quote of 48k for same car.
  • adsteinadstein Member Posts: 2
    GS 350 AWD with ML/Nav system, run-flat, ventilated seats, park assist, spoiler, rain sensing wipers... MSRP $52,200, actual price $46,500.
    Highly recommend Ray Catena of Larchmont and Lexus of Greenwich.
  • simplyjsimplyj Member Posts: 15
    Hello,
    I live in the MD-DC-VA metro area. I'm in the market for a GS350 AWD and I wanted to see how much others we paying for it. I'm looking for one with the Mark Levinson Nav package and heated/cooled ventilated front seats.

I tried using Edmunds dealer quote system. So far it's been an unrewarding experience. Lindsay Lexus of Alexandria would only quote me the MSRP over the phone (gee thanks :mad:)and he insisted that I come into the dealership to discuss the car in detail. Hopefully I'll have a better experience with the other Lexus dealers.

Is the GS350 AWD really in high demand in this area? Can anyone give me any advice or pointers? Thanks in advance!
    Did you mean you paid the invoice price for it?
    Wow!!
  • zradzrad Member Posts: 2
    That is a good deal! The dealerships (Colorado) are not as flexible on pricing. I bought my 2004 RX 330 close to invoice but the GS350 appears to be in limited supply. How long is the wait for ML/Nav package; the salesman said 4 - 6 months out here.
  • adsteinadstein Member Posts: 2
    I believe that it was about $500 over invoice.
  • bacolodbacolod Member Posts: 24
    Hi beachbum48

Congratulation on your new GS. I also have been in the market for quite sometime. I know that inventory is low, that is why I have a hard time getting a decent
    or reasonable price. All prices quoted to me are MSRP plus tax. The option I wanted is exactly similar as yours Navi/ML/XM.
    If you don't mind what invoice or OTD price did you pay.
    Thank You
  • hausshauss Member Posts: 169
    I'm in the market for a new car for my fiance and she has narrowed her choices down to either the new Acura MDX or a GS350 RWD. The salesman at the dealership (Nalley Lexus of Roswell in Atlanta, GA) was trying to tell me I could not get a base model GS350 RWD number 1 and number 2 that it would be near impossible for us to find it in the south with a black interior. They are usually selling the vehicle with the 18" 5 spoke wheels, low profile summer tires, and a power rear sunshade. We don't need those additional options. And I cannot believe Lexus would not make a package they state they do on their website nor can I believe they cannot make the color combinations they state they offer. Since we haven't finalized our vehicle choice yet I haven't pressed on this but it was irritating me hearing the constant banter about how they don't do this and they don't do that. Can anyone else shed some light on this for me? Please tell me this guy was just trying to push a sale to somethign that is actually on his lot looking to take the easy way out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    find yourself another sales person or perhaps try a different dealership in the area. In Houston we have 4 dealerships and the experience is very different at each one... The GS350 is "limited production" so it is a little difficult to get what you want, but it does depend on your timeline. The worst case scenario is that you will ahve to wait 4 months for them to custom order it for you. They can also preference one in the system which would get you the car you want in a potentially shorter time. Find a sales person who WILL work with you to get you what you want. You are spending too much money not to. BTW, lucky fiance!
    Thanks for the reply. I've tried 3 out of the 4 Atlanta area dealerships and I'm not impressed. One question for you. Why is the GS350RWD "limited production"? Doesn't Lexus want to sell the heck out of those things?
  • simplyjsimplyj Member Posts: 15
    I was at a DC/MD Metro area dealership this past weekend. I'm only interested the ML audio and ventilated seats. Rain sensing wipers, parking assist, etc. I don't want or need. The sales rep told me that if I wanted to pick and choose options on the GS350 AWD, I'd have to special order. That would mean paying full MSRP, putting $5000 downpayment and waiting 4-5 months. 4-5 months! The 2008 models would probably be out by then!

I still have 2 more dealerships in my area to try, but it doesn't look that promising. The sales rep I dealt with would only offer me $1000 off MSRP, on a model with a color that I didn't want. And he knew I didn't want that color because I told him so before we sat down in his office!! :mad:

I think Lexus getting ready to roll out the 2008 models may be a reason why the 2007 GSes are hard to come by. Of course this is just an uninformed guess. I did notice a crapload of IS models on the lot, getting a deal on these might be easier than on the GS.
    because they want us owners to feel special? :blush:

No idea actually... maybe not a car that appeals to mass population like the RX350 or the ES350?
    I found out from my first pass at looking at through Lexus cars is that while they offer certain options individually on cars like the ML radio and ventilated seats they generally let the dealers in certain regions get together and design option packages which they then build in quantity. For instance here in the south it's common to find a package that includes the 18" wheels and summer tires, a rear deck lid spoiler, and the power rear sunshade. One salesperson told me I could punch in my zip code on the Lexus website under the "Build your own model" link. He said if it turns up something on there then it's an option package that Lexus offers. I did that and it shows that you can buy a base model. As for the XM radio I want to add it's a dealer installed option. So, what you are wanting will need to be special ordered but what I want shouldn't need to be. It's something Lexus builds on a regular basis already.
    The Lexus you visited is right about the color combination.
    Up front my dealer told me what colors are available even
    the brochure states there are many choices.

Why don't you go to Lexus.com and build your own GS.
    Negotiate the price and see if the dealer can order one
    for you. I waited 7 wks for my GS350AWD/ML.
    I got $3267 off from $52067. Keep pushing.
    I would pay an extra $200 for the Blue/Cashmere. :)
    My wife really likes the Blue color. Black/Cashmere
    still looks luxury.