Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus GS Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• wifiwifi Member Posts: 1
    I live in Maryland and requested a quote from a dealership about a GS350 RWD. The dealer replied with the follow:
    "Lexus breaks the country into 5 areas. Anywhere from Maine to North Carolina and over to Tennessee all cars are built the same. Of the build Lexus does not produce any GS350 without all-wheel drive."

Is this true for the east coast?
  • tlouietlouie Member Posts: 20
    They don't anticipate any real changes in 2008 since current model is only 2 yrs and 3.5 engine just out in 2007. Bought my GS350 AWD with every option including 18 inch G-Spider wheel MSRP 55161 out the door for 50000 even.
    I think this was a fair deal. Your deal sounds pretty good also.
  • mattw52mattw52 Member Posts: 3
    The selling price would be around $46K if out of door price is $50K. $9,500 off the MSRP, it is really a good deal!!
  • compositecomposite Member Posts: 5
    Today in Los Angeles, I just purchased the GS350 with Mark Levinson and Nav package with original MSRP of $51,277, for $45,000. I hope that's a good price. It came with:

2007 Lexus GS 350 Luxury Sport Sedan w/ Navigation & Mark Levinson®

Vehicle to include but not limited to:
    -Lexus Voice-Activated DVD Navigation System w/ Color Backup Camera
    and Wireless Bluetooth® Hands-Free Technology
    -Mark Levinson® 14-speaker 330-watt Premium Surround Sound Audio System
    w/ 6-Disc In-Dash CD/DVD Auto-Changer
    -SmartAccess Keyless Entry w/ Push-Button Start/Stop

-Rain-Sensing Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers w/ Mist Control,
    Headlamp Washers, and Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
    -18" 5-Spoke Aluminum Alloy Wheels w/ Summer Tires & Full Size Spare Tire
    -High-Intensity Discharge Headlamps (HID) w/ Dynamic Auto Leveling
    -Perforated Leather-Trimmed Interior w/ Heated & Ventilated Front Seats
    -Wood & Leather-Trimmed Steering Wheel & Shift Knob

-Power Rear-Window Sunshade
    -Power Tilt-and-Slide Moonroof w/ One-Touch Open/Close
    -Intuitive Parking Assist
    -Shark Fin Antenna
    -Rear Lip Spoiler
    -Preferred Accessory Package (Cargo Net, Trunk Mat & Wheel Locks)
    -Lexus Personalized Settings (LPS)
    Is $45,000 out the door price or before tax/fee?
    before TTL. 48.9k OTD.
  • smr36smr36 Member Posts: 59
    What dealership gave you that deal?
    Does the car have any miles or a demo? That price is below invoice and with the holdback of $883 figured in. The dealer actual lost money to sell you the car? That is hard to believe ! $6122 below MSRP ? You can buy the car and trade it in immediately for more than you paid for it. Which dealer did you go to?
    The invoice is $45282.
    The delaer may still make:
    $45000-$45282+$883( holdback)= $601
    It didn't have any miles (well, technically 14 miles). I got it from Longo Lexus. I've heard you should buy cars at the end of the month so I bought it on June 30 around 7:00 pm and went through quite a bit of haggling.

The manager shook my hand and asked me not to mention the price b/c he said he wouldn't honor it w/ other people.

That talk got me nervous. I understood it as, "Don't tell other people this price, otherwise you'll discover how badly you got fleeced."
  • uvawahoouvawahoo Member Posts: 23
    Tlouie,

Do you mind telling us which dealership you got your deal from? Did you get the car fully loaded...I'm assuming withough pre-collision, but with everything else: power rear sunshade, ventilated seats etc...

Thanks
    I got it loaded with ML Audio and power shade, G-spider wheels and NO Pre-collions system. Lexus of Manhattan, they were very courteous and did not push you to deal.
    I test drove car 2 times over spread of 2 weeks and they were very accomodating.
  • skk480skk480 Member Posts: 7
    I live in NJ and i'm currently in the market for a 07' GS 350 AWD fully loaded. The best price I have been able to find has been 51k-52k (out the door). I've been told by several dealerships that getting the "out the door price" under 50k is not possible because the cars are so popular. In the event that i can't get a price below 50k, are there any comparable vehicles in that price range? I loved the BMW 335xi, but it was too small (i'm 6'4). Thank you.
    Try NYC , I just bought one for $47700 fully loaded with ML audio and power rear shade package. MSRP on this vehicle was $52166
    Thank you for your response. Did you buy yours from Lexus of Manhattan? Also, I read in your other posts that you got the 18' rims. How do they work with the AWD? Again, thank your for your response. I had a feeling that the dealerships were just trying to play "hardball."
    Yes, bought at Lexus of Manhattan. I did not have to haggle too much with them and they were very friendly and courteous. The G-Spider wheels not only make it look sharp but also made car more responsive. Bottom line is they want to earn your business.
    I recieved a quote of approx. 50,300 out the door for a fully loaded 07' GS 350 AWD. This does not include the 18' G-spider wheels. With the wheels, the dealer told me the price would jump to over 52k. Is this a fair deal or should i wait for a better offer? Unfortunately, Lexus of Manhatten told me over the phone that they don't believe the quote and want something in writing to beat such a quote. Also, are there any dealerships i should avoid in the NJ/NY area? Thank you.
    Does anyone know the Invoice Price for the Lexus GS 350 AWD with the ML audio and Navigation package for $5,351 on lexus.com. The vehicle has an MSRP of 52,166. I got a quote for $46,325.70 before TLR. I was told by the dealership that this was invoice and he could not go any lower. Was this the invoice price? Thank you for your response.
  • chucko3chucko3 Member Posts: 793
    No, about $500 lower.
    But this is a very good deal to me.
    Thank you for your response. I feel cheated. I put down a $500 deposit as security. I think i will try to get the price down to actual invoice now. Does anyone know anything about lexus financing. They are not very flexible. Has anyone been able to gain any flexibility in regards to interest rate and no paying ahead ( i was told the only way to pay more than the monthly payment was to pay the entire outstanding amount).
  • dakota14dakota14 Member Posts: 1
    Hi. Quoted $1615 for 7/100,000 on Platinum Package. (have navigation and premium sound). My Lexus is a 2003 ES 300 with 28,000 miles and the warranty is up August 15th 2007. Do you feel that this is a fair price for this extended warranty? Thanks in advance for your input! Location: Boston, MA
  • gasmangasman Member Posts: 16
    Went to Lexus of Massapequa today to drive a GS350 AWD. Quoted price of 47900 on MSRP of 50287, options nv, rs, vs, wf, rf, wo. Current lease deal .00175, 49%, 600 bank fee, all tax in the lease (NY Nassau Cty 8.75%) 870.10/mo. When I balked the salesperson said they could get it to less than $800/mo. Any comments on the price, lease or anything else?

BTW, dealing with these guys is so awful. I know it's the game, but what a waste of time and effort.

TIA for any help.
  • newrnewr Member Posts: 24
    I am looking to get a GS350. What's a good price? Is there holdback to bring the price below invoice? I would like the AWD, but seems like none is available in AZ.

Also, how much more can I expect to get off with the 2007 year end models? Usually do they give any discount if it's a 2008?

I just moved to the States from Canada, so I am not sure how aggressive they price the cars here!

Thanks
  • jae1172jae1172 Member Posts: 1
    I'm in Los Angeles and I bought my 2007 GS350 last week. The MSRP was around $49,047, but I bought it for $43,150. I talked to the dealership via email and phone. Once I got the price that I wanted, I went down to the dealership and signed the papers...
  • billyperks1billyperks1 Member Posts: 151
    Lexus of Massapequa is a haggle shop-WOW? They seem so nice to me on the phone, I have been dealing with the Internet manager and she seems very pleasant.I live in Connecticut and they have been soliciting me forever, I think I will save myself the trip and haggle with the CT dealers.
  • gluckgluck Member Posts: 23
    Which dealership is this?
    Is there a dealer that does *not* haggle? Everything's negotiable.
    New York, Long Island
    Hi,
    Want to get some more advice about buying a GS350. I am in no hurry to buy, so I am wondering if it's better to wait till Sept or Oct to try to get a better deal on the 2007. Seems like ppl are getting around invoice price...does anyone know if they will ever sell them below invoice price? I figure if I wait till the 2008 comes out, might get a better deal plus I can see what the new stuff on the 2008 is since it's been pretty secretive.

Kinda new to buying a car in US...so not sure how to get the best deal.

Thanks
    Updates. Lexus of Massapequa says the invoice is 44671, not 44185 as calculated on Edmunds.com, and they'll sell me the car for 1000 over invoice. Anyone know what the exact invoice price is on the car that lists on the Lexus web site with an MSRP of 50436 (options package MSRP 3751)? I'd like to have a solid invoice number before talking to another dealer.

Thanks.
    Mind sharing where you got this quote? I'm on Long Island.

Thanks.
  • snuggy3814snuggy3814 Member Posts: 3
    I have been in search of a GS350 for a few months now. The 2007 has not taken a hit yet and I am not willing to pay close to $50,000. Because the dealers are still get premium dollar for this car, I'm willing to wait as long as it takes. Meanwhile, I have purchased a 2004 ES330 to dive until the 07 takes a hit and I can save $10 to 15K.
  • scbobscbob Member Posts: 167
    go to Consumer Reports website and purchase the New Car Buying Guide for about $40. gives you 90 days and NO limit on how many times you use it or how many cars you can research.
    The dealers in the Atlanta, GA area seem to be more competitive since there are five of them.
  • caoyijiancaoyijian Member Posts: 16
    Lexus of Massapequa is probably worst Lexus dealer in the area. They tried to sell me one GS 350 with a few thousand miles on it as a new car, and played some number games.
    Rallye Lexus and Lexue of Rockville Centre are better IMO.
    Good luck.
    Hi,

Still trying to see when's the best time to negotiate a 2007 GS. Just wondreing, how much are the fees dealer charge? Some dealer mention doc fee of $500? Is that the general price.. I was reading the ES pricing discussion and a few people posted doc fee for $50. Title and registration will be extra of course.

Please let me know if you guys have some idea!
  • critcaremdcritcaremd Member Posts: 7
    what is the current residual on a 2007 GS 350 AWD w/o Nav?
  • critcaremdcritcaremd Member Posts: 7
    What is a good price for a 2007 GS 350 AWD w/o nav 36 month lease, 15,000 mi, 0 down
    They don't make the GS350 AWD without nav anymore, so you're stuck. I just leased one in NY. MSRP was 50267 (IIRC), residual 49% w/ 15K mi/yr, invoice about 44,700, bank fee 600. At 1000 over invoice the MF was .00175, at invoice it was .00215 (the same deal). With taxes and fees in the lease, it came out to about 798/mo. I paid the first mo and motor vehicle fees to drive off.

As an aside, a little plug for carbuyingtips.com. I took my computer with me to the dealer with their lease calculator in it (an Excel spreadsheet). I wouldn't have realized that the change in the MF changed the deal so much. Worth it to take the computer with you.
  • dafatha00dafatha00 Member Posts: 4
    Just joined the club. Made a purchase of Black/Black with the following options:

- Voice-activated DVD Navigation System with backup camera
    - 18-in summer tires with spare
    - Rain-sensing variable intermittent windshield wipers with mist control, headlamp washers and Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
    - Ventilated front seats
    - Rear spoiler
    - Power rear-window sunshade
    - Preferred Accessory Package (includes Cargo net, Trunk mat and Wheel locks)

MSRP: $49047
    Price paid before TTL: $42650

I really wanted to wait until I received the Taste of Lexus coupon, but the dealer informed me they were no longer receiving any more 2007 models in stock and this was the only Black on Black model they had left, which was the only color scheme that I would settle for. I also spoke to other nearby dealers and they all informed me they no longer had Black on Black left. I'm sure you could see my predicament.

At the price that I had negotiated to, I didn't want to pass up the chance to buy it. Good luck all.
  • jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    Congrats,
    Well done, enjoy your new ride.
    Regards
    " MSRP: $49047
    Price paid before TTL: $42650"

You did a little better than I. My MSRP was $49,047 and I paid $43,250 and they threw in an '08 GPS update when its available in a few months.

Do you feel there is excessive tire road noise with the Michelin performance tires?
    Actually, mine came with Yokohama tires. From what I've heard, some vehicles come with Yokohamas and some with Michelins. Yes, I do feel there is excessive road noise while driving.

However, apparently the Michelin tires are supposed to be a bit quieter. On the Club Lexus forums, one buyer successfully had his Yokohama tires switched to Michelins due to road noise and he reported that the Michelins have helped.
    I'm wondering if the next set of tires could be more conventional year round tires with a much lower road noise. I'd be willing to give up some performance in exchange for lower noise. Would this be safe?
  • mario1gmario1g Member Posts: 4
    Hi guys,

Could you please send me the dealership's name? I'm waiting to get the GS350 from Chicago dealers but they aren't willing to sell below 44,500. And I am looking for black/black base price.

Deeply appreciated. Enjoy your drive!

mario1g
    I'm not sure you meant for me to reply as I purchased my GS350 from Lexus Carlsbad in north San Diego. It's quite distant from Chicago.
  • billtoddbilltodd Member Posts: 3
    Hello dafatha00,
    Congrats, your car is exactly what I am looking for except in white, I am in San Diego, which dealer gave you that great deal?

Bill
    You may have intended me to respond. I'm not dafatha00. The dealer was Lexus Carlsbad.

Steve
    Bill,

I purchased my GS from Glendale of Lexus. They have many GSs left so give them a call!
  • rageorgerageorge Member Posts: 4
    Anyone purchase a New GS350 in the DFW area recently?
    How was their pricing? How is Park Place Lexus?
    Anyone also use the Costco club New Car purchase program?
    I tried the Costco program before I leased mine 2 months ago. Their price was not competitive. You have to go directly to the dealer.