Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus GS Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• lexuownlexuown Member Posts: 6
    Nice deal vegas...I learnt a lot from this forum ..

I am getting similar deal around 43 to 44 K without just Mark Levinson of my favourite color. Unfortunately the local dealer does not have all options (ML PackAge) it in my fav color.
    Is it a good deal ? . I enjoy music but really not that picky. How good is Mark Levinson audio system/ as i am thinking to compromise.. The price difference with Mark levinson is around 1500 TO 2000.

Also does anyone installed/have i pod audio kit-- which shows the ipod menu on the NAV screen. By default it comes with an auxilary output.
    Is it a good option to add and is costing around 599..

Thank you for the input guys...
    Great job...
    Any ideas on How much would a dealer go below the selling price on a cash deal .

I am taking this route as i am getting a better deal on a personal loan ..

Thanks
  • tangofantangofan Member Posts: 50
    Mark Levinson system is one of the best audio systems around. I would take a different exterior / interior before I gave up the stereo in this car. it's THAT good!.
    I have the upgraded BOSE system in my Infiniti, does not even come close to the ML. IMHO
  • tom17tom17 Member Posts: 134
    I paid cash for my GS350 in May. I was able to use another Lexus dealer's "out of town" price that my local dealer matched. Got a $7,000 discount off MSRP. Dont think cash/finance/lease makes any difference on the sale price. Only if there is a special factory program that you are going for. According to Edmunds there are no incentives on the GS now. Normally they dont even know how you want to pay for it until you walk into the finance manager's office after you have arrived at your best price.
  • gnarlydudegnarlydude Member Posts: 11
    I was looking at the GS for some time but in the end went with the IS model, decided I didn't need such a big car, and wanted something alittle better on gas. I have to say that the Westminster dealership was by far the best when it came to service. I live down the street from Longo and ended up walking out of there twice fustrated cause of their horrible idea of a good deal. I still got a really good price on the GS I was looking at from the same salesman I bought my car from. If anyone wants his contact info email me socal55chevrolet at yahoo.com
    I was looking at the GS for some time but in the end went with the IS model, decided I didn't need such a big car, and wanted something alittle better on gas.

Did you get the IS250? The IS350 is rated worse MPG than the GS350 (18/25 vs 19/27). The IS250 is SIGNIFICANTLY slower than either the IS350 or GS350 (200 vs 300 HP).
  • oceanexprtoceanexprt Member Posts: 16
    hi all,
    has anyone gotten better than $6500 off msrp for a 2008 gs350?

i've heard that's the secret number.

thanks in advance.
    I got $7000 off back the end of May. Had to use an out of town dealer's "out of town" price which the local dealer matched. The price was below invoice. I expect they might have a rebate next month. There is a $1000 rebate on the ES & RX and a $4000 rebate on the LS this month. The 09's will be out soon.
    I think i got the same close to $6500 off of MSRP.
    Some body in the forums mentioned about Mark Levinson package and boy what a difference listening to the music. I chose a different color thougt not a big compromise and i love the music coming out of speakers...

Thanks FOLKS.
    I got an 18 inch run flat tires instead of 18 inch summer tires..
    How good are th flat tires.. do they wear out quickly ? ..are there any other issues.
    By far i felt a smooth ride and no hassles. Dealership replaced the break pads recently as there more dust from tires on the RIMS..
    Did the dealer replace the brake pads for free? How many miles on your car? There is another posting here that indicates the factory pads only last 15,000 miles. I have heard the low dust pads last much longer. I have my 5,000 service next week, what do I need to say to get free replacement pads? I dont think complaining about the dust will work since they wash my car for free every week or two !!! Are you happy with the reduced stopping power? Thanks.
    My car has only 200 miles.. Ive heard that they replace it for free anyways as there is an upgrade for lexus gs 350 ?. they just replaced for free and i did not ask for it as well.. I think i am happy with brade pads so far. earlier ones were better but the stop was rough.
  • jrnyman6jrnyman6 Member Posts: 2
    Found a 2008 GS AWD demo at a local dealer - car has about 8,400 miles. The msrp is $53,000 including ML. Given that the car is no longer "new" I am trying to determine the value. Dealer wants $43,500...given that some of you have gotten deals in the $45,000 range, it seems to me that I should be able to get more of a discount. During the first round of negotiation they budged a few hundred dollars, but I think there's more. Anyone have any suggestions? Should I just wait until the 2009 models come out and see if there are better incentives on the real new / undriven 2008s? Any word on when the 2009s will hit the dealer lots?

Thanks!
  • commercialpasscommercialpass Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at 07 GS 350 w/ premium package, Nav, 23k miles on it. it's a private sale and I got it down to $34k. Is this a good deal?
    Can somebody run carfax for me on this vehicle VIN JTHBE96S270008522 ??
  • basamxbasamx Member Posts: 17
    If it has nav and went in service around 8/07, then it's a great deal, depending on the body.
  • amysmithamysmith Member Posts: 3
    My opition is, spent about 200 dollars for a $750 Gift certificate for 2008/2009 lexus . I just brought one from ebay. I can use my extra 500 dollars for window tinted or some nice car wax... :)
  • slamajamslamajam Member Posts: 3
    Hey all,

I'm located in southern california and i'm looking for a good deal on a new 08 or preowned 07 lexus gs 350 RWD. I wouldn't mind a 2007 GS 350 with not too many miles (less than 25k total miles). I found a few at longo lexus that they are listing for $39k but it doesn't have Mark Levinsion radio system. I would like to stay under $35k total (this includes tax) and get the ML system since I hear so much great things about it. Is that unreasonable to think that I can get a 07 model with ML at a dealership for under $35k? If so, what is a reasonable/good deal price?

What would the going price be for the 08 model gs 350 be for a model with the ML system? Am i better off waiting for the 2009 models to come out and see if there is a dip in the prices for the 07 & 08 versions?

Any and all responses and help would be greatly appreciated. :blush:
  • emedwayemedway Member Posts: 17
    I've read a few posts suggesting folks bought these off eBay at $200 with a face value of $750 and that dealers accept these as a form of payment on your purchase or lease of a new 2008/9 Lexus. Does anyone know if these are truly legitimate and if any Lexus dealer as rejected these as a form of payment?

thanks
  • ashi1ashi1 Member Posts: 1
    I have leased multiple cars from Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys. The latest one being a 2004 GX 470. The price I was given was fair and the car has performed perfectly. I shopped around for a long time before deciding on which dealership to work with. I decided on Keyes Lexus because they listened to what I wanted, what I could afford, and without any hassel or sales tricks I was able to get exactly what I wanted. They were terrific and I they will definitily be getting my repeat business.
  • will866will866 Member Posts: 1
    I have just purchased and am awaiting delivery of my 2009 GS 350 AWD. It is loaded with everything (spoiler, ventilated seats, parking assist, rain sensing wipers, etc..........) except the ML audio package. Cost was $45,750 + Tax, Sticker was $51,549. Cash, no trade.

I think I did OK because one dealer told me he wanted $47,500 plus the $2500 car I drove into the dealership with for a 2008 model. I found it odd that 2 dealers could be so far apart. I knew I was in trouble when I told the salesman that I wanted a GS and he told me I should buy an RX instead. He had only 6 GSs (in bad colors) and no 2009s.
    Need help again. I found a nice preowned 2007 lexus gs 350 with just under 18k miles. Seems like the car has most of the options except the Mark Levinson stereo system (which I really want but I guess I can give up since its hard to find a pre-owned vehicle with all the stuff you are looking for including color of interior and exterior). The car is listed at 42k but I think this is grossly overpriced. I was thinking offering maybe something around $34k final offer (all in including tax). Is this an unreasonable number for me to suggest? Am I going to get laughed out of the dealership? I figured right now is a good time to get a good deal on cars but would like some helpful input. Thanks in advance.
  • scoutandattyscoutandatty Member Posts: 23
    Just leased a new RX and learned that the dealer has way too much inventory and are willing to make a deal to clear it before the end of the year.

I'd be happy to approach a local dealer with too much inventory and offer to take 2 cars off his inventory before the end of the month if he lowers the price on both by 50%.

He mentioned that he has a few 08 ES and 08 GS that he'd like to get rid of.

Anyone interested??
  • sai1sai1 Member Posts: 23
    Can u please tell me which dealer this is? Looking at a 2008 GS350.

Thanks.
  • ksvasanksvasan Member Posts: 5
    Just paid the deposit on a (smokey granite, dark interior) 2009 GS350 w/o M/L. MSRP was 51,549, closed the deal at 45,700 plus tax and title. Probably not the lowest price, but wanted to close the deal this week end. Car is being transported from another dealer about 100 miles away and I was told that I should get the car Monday or Tuesday.
    This forum has been pretty useful in my research. Thanks everyone
  • ButtersTheManButtersTheMan Member Posts: 1
    I've recently come across a used 2007 Lexus GS350 with 14k miles for 34,500 at a JM Lexus Dealership. I'm clueless when it comes to used car pricing so I need some help in regards to an offer. The car doesn't have Navigation or the ML Surround, but I'm not interested in either so I'm fine. What should be my offer?
  • mdjtljmdjtlj Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up a GS 350 (Sterling McCall in Houston) with base package (summer tires, sunshade, ventilated seats, sensing wipers, spoiler, accy package, leather/wood steering wheel) for 41K + TTL. This is a no NAV no M/L. Did I do ok?
  • chucko3chucko3 Member Posts: 793
    If it's an AWD, you got $8K below MSRP.
    You did great.
  • htbrnhtbrn Member Posts: 5
    Just posted my lease details for the GS 350 leasing board. To the extent that the sales terms are helpful to folks here, have cross posted some of the info. Sharing my own details below in the hopes that it can help someone else (though forgive me for any newbie errors in terminology / details)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dealership in northern NJ. Brand new 2008 AWD GS 350 in Smoky Granite/Black equipped as follows:

Basic navigation package (not fancy ML audio)
    Automatic sensing wipers and headlights
    Parking assist
    Ventilated seats
    Accessory pac
    Spoiler
    Leather and wood steering wheel

$51,249 MSRP
    $43,918 Sale price / Capitalized cost

My salesman was great and I'd recommend him to anyone. Manager was a d**k, but I guess thats his job. Happy to provide their names to anyone via private message

Again, greatly appreciate this forum's assistance
  • Boston_smrBoston_smr Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at a 2008 GS350 loaded, (M/L, Nav, really everything it seems - even XM)
    It's at a local dealer. 15,000 miles on it. This is a managers car at this dealer.

I took a 2009 home for an overnight trial and liked it - rides nice comfortable etc.

Manager says you can have it for under 40K. After researching i'm thinking 38K would be a good price. Does this sound like a good deal or should I negotiate lower?

Thanks for any feedback. It will help me in my decision.
    Sounds pretty good, but you could probably score a new one for a few more grand I think. I'm in southern Calif and I just closed on 3 year lease on a loaded 08 be 350 rwd. Sticker was $52,500 or something close to that.

I ended up with 3 yr lease
    $625monthly pymt plus tax
    First and DMV/reg fees upfront =$1500
    12,000 miles per year, but not an issue if you purchase at end of lease
    42% residual, roughly 21k

The car was loaded with navi, park assistance and ML.

I hope I got a good deal, you guys let me know.

I was also told and shown that Lexus is cutting back costs/trimmings on base model gs by getting rid of wood finishing on steering wheel and automatic rear shade. The sales guy said he wasn't sure if there was anything else they were going cheap on to save on costs. That's part of the reason I went for the fully loaded.
  • Boston_smrBoston_smr Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Slamajam,

I'm thinking I can do better too. It turns out it doesn't have ML but does have NAV. I figured when he said loaded it meant everything but apparently not.

I am not the expert but your lease sounds like a great deal to me. I would go for something like that. Off to do more research/negotiating...
  • jdl300jdl300 Member Posts: 17
    looking at a GS 350 awd too

by my calculations with the current rebate offer
    the dealer cost is around $40,915 not including MV, MZ,CS, P7, LS, Z1, LM, WL, GN
    not facturing floor fees from the factory and bonus for X cars sold or whatever

the miles
    15,000*$0.15 (our lease is $0.18 per mile extra) = $2,250

so i'd do
    invoice
    - 930 holdback
    - 5000 dealer cash
    - 2250 for the miles
    + invoice options
    = ? + ~3% profit = ? + $825 delivery fee

on this config i get over $38k but somewhere in the $38k range is where'd shoot with this one

maybe check kelley blue book and nadaguides to see what they think the car should fetch
  • bradleyebradleye Member Posts: 3
    I presently have an Audi A6 but am looking at the GS 350 RWD. Any recent So FL lease experiences that anyone can share?

thanks
  • vigorlovervigorlover Member Posts: 40
    I have been shopping for a new car and considering Audi A6 3.0T, Jaguar XF and Infiniti M45. I went into the Lexus dealership just for a comparison, and I was very impressed by the GS. However, they did not have any 2009 GS460. They did have a pre-owned 2008 GS460 (said it was owned by a Lexus exec) with the Nav/Mark Levinson package priced at $48,000. I drove that and a new GS350 and I like the GS460. This dealer said that the 460s are hard to come by, and that my best bet would likely be to take the used one, especially if I want to beat California's sales tax increase which takes effect April 1.

$48,000 seems pretty high for a 2008 GS460 with 14k miles, do you guys have any idea of what would be a reasonable price for this car?

Thanks!
  • yinzhouyinzhou Member Posts: 1
    I want to purchase a 2009 GS in white. Best offer I have so far is $44,000 with 3 years of free maint. and its fully loaded (M/L, nav, etc). Should I ask for lower??????
    :confuse:
  • bomchikawaawaabomchikawaawaa Member Posts: 1
    may i ask what dealership you got that quote from. you can email me if that is breaking some forum rule here. I am beginning to look for quotes as well. Thanks!
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    Hello, just curious, have you all look into the bmw 5 series before making your decision to get the GS.

Don't get me wrong here, I love Lexus, and possibilly a lexus will be my next car.

But the thing is, I've been to a lexus dealer and a bmw the same day, not once, but 3times. Bmws for some reason excited me a lot more than lexus apart from the many reliability issues I've read about bmws.
  • pf2001pf2001 Member Posts: 110
    I am looking into CPO GS300 AWD with 26400 miles. The listing has it for 34000 but I would like to know if 25000 is a good starting point? Too high? Since the milage is low, I assume they will not bargain too much (even though it is 4 years old).

Thanks
  • waynesreefwaynesreef Member Posts: 2
    Is $32900 a good price for a 07' GS350 white, awd, with the following options:

Navigation System
    Power Sunshade
    Rain Sensing Windshield Wiper
    Rear Parking Sensors
    Ventilated Front Seats
    Rear View Camera
    Self-Leveling Headlights

TIA
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I know that Lexus offers official F-Sport performance parts for the GS, so I thought that I would share this new 20% discount coupon for purchases of any F-Sport accessories that recently came out here. The coupon is valued at up to $2,000 (20% of a $10,000 purchase) and valid only during the month of July. If anyone's interested, I can e-mail them a .pdf or a .jpg file containing the actual coupon.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • darkwaderdarkwader Member Posts: 1
    am currently in the market for a new '09 350 rwd with minimal options - maybe M/L+nav but that's it. what price should I expect to pay in DFW metroplex area? I'm interested in verdegris mica or mercury metallic exterior. also, a dealers told me the GS comes with certain minimum options and cannot be found without any options. are they lying?
  • jabatjabat Member Posts: 9
    Looking at buying. Any feedback regarding prices paid on gs350 with ML would be appreciated. MSRP around $50,400

Thanks
  • hginophginop Member Posts: 1
    My dad bought me a 2007 Nissan Sentra 2.0 about a year ago. At first there were no problems, but as I began using the car daily I noticed some unusual things. My drivers side break light out goes in and out, and my remote key for the car's trunk button doesn't work. When I took it back to the Nissan dealer, they said that most likely my car had been in a fender bender and someone ran into my trunk and messed with the wiring. But when we went to the Honda dealer we bought it from, the carfax he printed off showed no accidents in the vehicles history. I also noticed the gas pedal used to be touchy, but now the car jerks, almost feels like it skips when I lightly push on the accelerator. And also my breaks seem to lock up if I push on them semi-hard and ease up. The rides in my Sentra went from smooth and pretty quiet to jerky and loud, given that my weather stripping is falling off. It seems like everything is going wrong with my car! Does anyone else have these problems?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    Hi, hginop.. Welcome to Edmunds Forums!

This discussion is for Lexus GS Prices Paid, but we have plenty of discussions available on every automotive topic.. I think this one might fit your requirements:

Nissan Sentra 2007

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• cmcqcmcq Member Posts: 1
    Looking for fair purchase price for 2011 GS350 RWD with luxury pkg, heat/ventilated seats, wood steering wheel, rear spoiler. Multiple on-line sources show invoice at $43,857 and MSRP at $48,770. TrueCar shows avg paid for this configuration as $45,614. Washington DC area.

Thanks in advance
  • sal71sal71 Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys, I'm looking into buying a Lexus GS 430 but I have some doubts about the car. Can anyone out there run the following vin# jt8bl69s710001301 through carfax.

Greatly appreciated,

Sal71
  • satutoringsatutoring Member Posts: 7
    What is a good price to pay on this car right now?
  • klee3klee3 Member Posts: 57

Has anyone bought a GS since Oct. 2011? It is interesting that nobody has posted anything since Oct. 2011. Anyways, if you have bought a 2013 or 2014 GS 350, please share your purchase information. Thanks.

• jks24jks24 Member Posts: 69

I agree, this is a great car and I was hoping to find some info here, kind of shocked!

• jccai1jccai1 Member Posts: 113

Not sure if my info is helpful to anyone at this point in time. I bought a new 2013 RWD with Nav, heated/cooled seats, sun shade, blind spot, parking sensors, etc. in February 2014 for $10K off MSRP. I don't remember the exact numbers. It's $43,xxx for the car that had a sticker of $53,xxx, before TT&L.