Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Escape Hybrid Owners: Problems & Solutions

Comments

• ampdsuvampdsuv Member Posts: 1
    No, I wouldn't buy this model again. In fact I am selling my '05 4WD with 6,000 miles on it (I know, I will take a loss on it). Don't misunderstand: it's a neat little toy and I love it, and I am a proud FoMoCo fan, but I am dissatisfied with the mileage and performance. It simply is underpowered for my needs. I live in a steeply hilly area that requires heavier than normal acceleration for ascents, and it just sucks the mileage down, and it doesn't stay in electric mode enough for my taste even on level terrain. I have to tease it into full electric and then after about 8 mins or 8 miles, the engine kicks in. I's just not enough for me. Also, i have monitored the mileage of the Atkinson engine carefully, and frankly, it is a gas hog in and of its self. Any user with the nav/monitor system can confirm it for themselves, just drive around with the gas monitor up on the screen and watch how the Atkinson burns fuel when you accelerate. The mpg with engine under acceleration seems worse than the standard I4. Plus, I need a larger vehicle, it's just too small for my needs (I can't get the three grade school kids in the carpool across the back seat comfortably). Overall, I consider the first model of the Escape Hybrid a "beta" model and hope Ford puts out a more efficient second generation soon. I would buy again in a heartbeat if they got it right the next time. I welcome any input on the subject.
  • larsblarsb Member Posts: 8,204
    Have given your post some thought, and have some comments:

On your lament about living in a "steeply hilly area" I just want to point out that ANY vehicle you get will suffer in the MPG arena under those circumstances. The fact that you have a hybrid is the BEST POSSIBLE SOLUTION for that problem, because when you want better MPG under difficult circumstances, starting out with the highest MPG capability is the primary concern.

On your lament about "not staying in electric mode enough" well that is just the current state of the technology. The only cars which do better are full electric vehicles, which are not available in the USA right now, unless you can find someone trying to dump their RAV4-EV.

On your lament about not getting "three grade school kids across the backseat comfortably" I think you might be allowing the kids too much complaint room. I have a 2004 Honda Civic, with a backseat smaller than the Escape hybrid, and I have had two adults and one child in that backseat comfortably for a 200 mile drive, so if you have kids who are complaining about a ride to school, it's the problem of the kids being too picky, NOT the Escape's back seat.

You sound like a good candidate for a Highlander Hybrid. Take your FEH to a Toyota dealer and trade up to a HiHy. :D
  • sarahfromscsarahfromsc Member Posts: 10
    I'm on the fence about whether I would buy another hybrid or not. I had to have a transmission put in my NEW hybrid three weeks ago, and guess what? It is back in the shop again. When sitting in traffic the gas engine switches on and then off, on and then off. I was under the impression if the battery was fully charged this would not happen. Also, my brakes were grinding in the back and the service people told me Ford has come out with another type of brake shoe to correct this noise. So, those are being replaced. And when I turn, I get a horrific noise from the front end.

Basically the vehicle has been in the shop on a biweekly basis since Labor Day.

Does anyone else experience the gas engine switching on when sitting in traffic or the line at the bank?
  • lidlljoelidlljoe Member Posts: 1
    Hey,
    I am also hoping to run an IPod though the DEI Fm Modulator. It looks like Ill need a 3/32 mono jack to a 1/8 stereo adapter, does that seem right? Did you have any success with this so far?
  • wyogreenwyogreen Member Posts: 4
    Hi all,
    Just picked up our new 2006 Escape yesterday. While going thru the manual and looking at the window sticker, I noticed that the vehicle came with an engine block heater. (Standard eqpt. in some states, such as Wyoming) While looking over the vehicle, I could find no sign of a plug in cord. Anybody got a clue as to where this thing is hiding?
    Other than the missing cord, everything else is good. Really like the car. Can't really comment on milage yet, as it only has 330 miles on it.
    Later.
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    "We get 30-32 in stop and go and 29 on hiway. I will say that if you drive 75 you will only get 24 on hiway, but 65 gives great mileage."

For comparison, my 2003 CR-V gets about 26 at 80 MPH and at 65 will get around 28. I've occaisionally gotten 31 MPG at 65, but that is at high altitude.

Of course, in town I get only about 21-22. So if one is driving in suburbia, the FEH is a better idea.
  • sailor7sailor7 Member Posts: 1
    I'm happy with the highway mileage of 28 mpg at 65 mph, but I'm not very happy with the in town mileage of 21-22 which I'm getting. If I spent my day driving around the shopping mall the mileage would probably be great. It takes a very long time for the system to heat up enough for the electric system to kit in. The heater will be blasting hot air but the electric mode will still not be functioning or only functioning marginally. Most of the time it doesn't shift into the electric mode for almost a minute after I stop at a light and seldom if ever in the first 15-20 minutes after a start up. Touch the gas pedal and it's in gas mode within a few feet. Few times have I ever gotten it to go to 25-30 mpg and that was on flat and level with no one behind me. If I make it to 10 mph in electric I feel I've done well (doesn't happen often). In bumper to bumper traffic it's hit or miss electric and only after a 20-30 minute highway speed warm up.

If you live in a relatively cold area (below 45-50 degrees) think about buying something else. I'm from MA. My Acura Integra averaged 37 mpg at normal operating speeds. My previous full size Ford and Chevy vans did almost as well as the Hybrid with the in town mileage. I'm usually one of the slowest drivers on the road, always trying to get the mileage up.
    "The heater will be blasting hot air but the electric mode will still not be functioning or only functioning marginally. "

I have seen stuff like this on the Hybrid Highlander Forum. It apparently has to do with getting and keeping the catalytic converter hot enough to run the pollution controls. If the converter isn't hot it won't clean the emissions.
  • carlronkirbycarlronkirby Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2006 hybrid Escape with the navigation system. In the limited testing I've done, the navigation system is partically useless. The 'vehicle' gets ahead of reality and has to readjust constantly to get back to the proper spot on the navigation map. It almost appears that the system isn't calibrated properly, so if I drive 100 feet, the nav system thinks I've gone 300 feet, and turning brings the same problem as you've described.

This is my first vehicle with a nav system. Is this normal or is there a problem?
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Which of the following best describes why you own a hybrid?

a) to make a statement

b) for the tax credit and other perks

c) because they’re environmentally friendly

d) to save money at the pump

e) to be the first to own new technology

Please submit a few sentences to support your response no later than Friday, January 27, 2006. Be sure to include your Forums username. Thanks! (wclarke@edmunds.com)
  • 5hybrid5hybrid Member Posts: 1
    c) Envionmentally Friendly
  • climberccmclimberccm Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2005 Hybrid and I am experiencing the same thing. I get better gas mileage on the hiway then I do in town. Anybody else experiencing the same issue?
  • memphismikememphismike Member Posts: 4
    I purchased my Ford Escape Hybrid because I was interested in a bigger vehicle without paying the extra energy cost. My Escape Hybrid gives me car-like economy with a truck stance.

I am getting about 34 mpg, with about 80% Highway miles. This is what I had hoped for.
  • tree3tree3 Member Posts: 1
    I have a brand new '06, 2WD escape that would not switch to gasoline mode last night. I was wondering if any one else has had this problem? The weather was very cold. I drove about 10 minutes to a store and was in for about 20 minutes. When I started the SUV, only battery mode worked. It did not go to gasoline mode. I will be having it towed to the dealer tomorrow, but am looking for any help while waiting.

tree in OKC.
  • bigsweepsbigsweeps Member Posts: 11
    My 2005 Escape Hybrid has 16,000 miles. I had the front wheel bearings replaced at 3,000 miles (strange grinding brake-like sound coming from the wheels at slow speeds or turning left). Then at 15,000 miles I was driving to work and the "high motor temperature" warning came on. Lovely. That ended up being a water pump failing (or so the technical bulletin from Ford thought). When I picked it up from the dealer, they must have updated the software because after that, the fans for the battery and the electric motor were on at least 3 times as much as before. I brought it back but they said everything was fine. Then tonight, the "high motor temperature" warning happened again (this time I was 35 miles from home). I tried to get off the highway, but the truck just shut itself off right in front of a transit bus. (Apparently it will do that if it thinks the engine is in danger of serious overheating) Thank goodness I wasn't hit by the bus! But I'm rather annoyed at how many problems my truck has had. Ford will be hearing from me on Monday. Either the new water pump failed or they didn't fix the problem last time. I don't think I'll want to keep this beyond the 3/36 warrantee. (In fact, the way things are going, it may qualify for the lemon law)
    If it was a TSB then this was a previously known problem.

High motor temp. Hmmm, wonder if this was the electric motor or the ICE.
    Yes - I saw the TSB - seems it's a common problem with 2005 models built between August and December 2004. The dealership told me it was the electric motor that was overheating the first time. They did everything that the TSB said to do to fix it (replacing the water pump with a new/improved model, some software update and replacing an electrical panel) - but since that was only 3 weeks ago, it doesn't appear that it worked. The first time it happened, I was able to drive it about 8 miles to get safely off the highway (no safe place to pull over - no breakdown lanes). This time it only got about 2 miles (happened again on a highway with no breakdown lane) before it turned itself off (without warning I might add!). The thing that bothers me the most is that the bus came very close to hitting me - it put me in a VERY dangerous situation. And both Ford and the dealership refuse to pay for my rental vehicle this time (they did the first time). One more thing....after the first occurence I didn't think it was fixed so I brought it back. The dealership claims they checked everything over and said it was fine. Not even 10 days later, this happens.

The funny thing is my rental vehicle is starting to look good to me. LOL! It's a Chevy HHR. As much as I don't like Chevy's.....this is seeming pretty nice for half the price of my Escape Hybrid
    ....with my hybrid. Whenever I take it on a trip I get engine warning lights, overheating lights, electrical hazard lights, flashing wrenchs......makes me afraid to travel in the damn thing.

I have had the transmission replaced, I have had water pumps relaced, I have the front brakes replaced, I have had them look for the cause of a squealing when turning left and sometimes when I'm traveling straight ahead, I'll get the squeal noise. They couldn't find a problem. My truck surges ahead when I'm going down hill.....almost rear ended the car in front of me recently, and the truck surged through an intersection as well. The truck is a menace and I'm in the process of lemon lawing it. I do have to admit that both the dealership has been most helpful, and even suggested that I call a lemon law attorney.

The [non-permissible content removed] of it all is if that I'm finally getting 25 miles to the gallon.....better on the highway if I can keep the emergency flashing wrench off, and the hazard electrical warning light off, and if I can keep the engine from overheating.......

My rental was the Kia Sorrento.....nice little truck...I'm keepingit in mind. Also my dealership sells the Kia. And they have paid for all my rentals and have tried.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A financial magazine reporter aims to interview someone who has purchased a hybrid and would like to discuss why you chose buying a hybrid and if you're happy with your vehicle. Please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com before Wednesday, March 15 at 5 PM EST with your daytime/weekend contact info.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

RE: sarahfromsc

OMG! We need to talk! My truck has surged like that too. Usually it happens when I'm coming to a stop at an intersection (I've learned to stay back from the car in front of me since it has almost pushed me far enough to hit a car if I'm less than 10 feet away). I was going to bring it in - but it's been in the shop so much that I didn't think to mention it this time.

For me, the squeel noise was bad wheel bearings - you might want to have them look into that.

The dealership told me to pick up my truck tonight - but they were honest and said they aren't sure that they fixed it. They replaced the pump again - but they don't think that is the true problem.
  • hybrid_southhybrid_south Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 FEH Navigation system, and it too is now lagging behind as well. It will correct itself if I drive on several roads and it gets really lost, otherwise it is constantly getting up to a mile behind.

Took it to the dealer and they said nothing was wrong and it must be powerlines or trees causing the problems. Only thing is... this happens all the time anywhere I go. And it only started to get this bad in the past month.

I think the system is just flawed.
    Hello bigsweeps:

The surging is scary isn't it? Took mine to the shop and lo and behold, it didn't surge on them. I asked them to prove it to me by taking a test drive with me. Then they admited that they don't know what is wrong.

Be that as it may, I'm now in arbitration, so hopefully I won't have to deal with it much longer.

What kind of rental did you have?....LOLOLOLOL
    Yes it is scary! Since my last post, my dealership called the regional service rep and engineer to come look the truck over. They took it on a long test drive, hooked it up to computers, etc. and assured me it was fixed for good this time. They offered me an extended warranty "for my troubles". About a week later, I got the flashing wrench and "service soon" warnings and then it powered itself down about 2 seconds later as I was pulling out onto a busy street. Needless to say - I was beyond livid. After all, Fords reps ASSURED me it was really fixed for good this time. The truck has been at the dealer ever since (it's been a week). This time, they said it was the computer that was fried. (The service manager showed me where it's located and frankly it's a very poor design - it's housed right under the windshield wipers and the hole that it sits in is exposed to the elements.) I told the dealer "even if you replace the computer, I am sure it's going to fail on me again". It's a death trap! I told them I DID NOT WANT IT BACK and urged them to get Ford to do something about it. As of today, Ford offered me a replacement vehicle. But only MSRP to MSRP. Since mine is a 2005 (early 2005), any comparably equipped late 2005 is about $600 more since there was a price increase. And obviously the 2006 are slightly more. So Ford is telling me to take a less equipped vehicle or pony up the cash to get the same equipment I have. I was less than pleased with this arrangement. Had they offered it weeks ago, I would have jumped on it, but after all my experiences with Ford, the last thing I wanted to do was give them another penny! And realistically, I now hate Fords so much that the last thing I want is another Escape Hybrid. In a perfect world, I would like a refund but I know that won't happen. I considered lemon lawing it - but I would have to wait 60 days and there are so many grey areas that it's a gamble. My hubby is telling me to pay the $$ and get the 2006 and if worse comes to worse, we'll trade it in for something else (and take a huge depreciation hit).

My current rental this time around is a Buick Lucerne (it was a choice of that or a Pontiac Grand Prix). Not too bad for a rental but I would NEVER buy one. And boy does it guzzle the gas! I've had to fill it up twice this week and at $47.xx a pop, it's making me think of going out and getting a Honda Civic Hybrid (which hubby just bought last week for himself).
    Oh - sarahfromsc - make sure you file a complaint at the NHTSA's website. The more people that do - the better chance the government will investigate and do something about it.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/
    "My hubby is telling me to pay the $$ and get the 2006 and if worse comes to worse, we'll trade it in for something else (and take a huge depreciation hit)."

In my opinion, having a 2006 is worth the extra money.

If you are not set on the hybrid, I might suggest the Ford Freestyle. I chose it over the FEH this past Feburary when I shopped. Great car, but of course MPG is not as good (around 19 city / 26 highway).
  • cactusdrivercactusdriver Member Posts: 1
    Hey all,
    I'm seriously considering buying a 2006 FEH 2WD but am worried about AC use in the summer here in Phoenix, AZ.

Does anyone have any experience using one of these vehicles in our summers? Temps will be over 110 for most of the summer and over 100 all summer. Avg mileage? Maintenance issues? Anything else?
    I'm only in CT - but using the AC Max setting last summer killed my fuel economy. And in AZ, you would need to keep it on Max because the regular AC setting only works when the ICE is running - and it gets hot when it's not.
    "In my opinion, having a 2006 is worth the extra money.

If you are not set on the hybrid, I might suggest the Ford Freestyle. I chose it over the FEH this past Feburary when I shopped. Great car, but of course MPG is not as good (around 19 city / 26 highway)."

It was down to 2 choices....the Freestyle and the Sport Trac. After test driving both, I went with the 2007 Sport Trac. I realize the fuel consumption is going to be an issue (it's the complete opposite of my FEH) - but it will give us the opportunity to sell my DH's truck (used to haul around his toys). I really liked the concept of the Freestyle - but the execution seemed to be missing something. It had no power and the everything felt so cheap IMO. I really wanted to like it - but compared to the Sport Trac, I just couldn't do it. The Sport Trac seemed so much more solid and refined (very quiet!!). If worse comes to worse and the fuel economy drives me nuts, I'll just trade it in on a Prius and take the hit - it will still be less of a hit than my 2005 FEH with 18,500 miles.
    "It was down to 2 choices....the Freestyle and the Sport Trac. "

I didn't consider the Sport Trac, which is based on the Explorer SUV platform. I wanted better MPG, and I actually like the FS (including the power output). I suspect the Sport Trac will only be about 3-4 MPG worse in town and maybe 6 or so worse on the road. Not too shabby for an SUV.

Enjoy your wheels!
  • disneyfan3disneyfan3 Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a 2006 FEH, and i think it is awesome.

My only issue is my boat. i see that FEH is only rated at 1,000 lb of towing capacity. My boat is a small Bayliner, but weighs 2,500 lbs with the trailer.

What happens if i tow the boat ? The lake is only 10 miles from my house.

Thanks, paul
    "What happens if i tow the boat ? The lake is only 10 miles from my house. "

Don't do it. That is 2.5 times the maximum. You will wear out the CVT, plus it will be a dog. The engine/cvt setup just wasn't built for towing. Why didn't you get the Toyota Hybrid Highlander if you wanted towing? Or the ICE Escape V6?
    Thanks for the response. Towing the boat is a 4-8X a year kind of thing. And to be honest, i didn't really think much of it until i brought home the FEH and pulled into the garage and saw the boat. i bought the FEH because my number one priority was fuel economy.

Thanks again....paul
    Bought a 2006 FEH last week. i have driven it 1,500 miles already and yesterday the display on the Navigation System started shutting off. Really strange, the stereo and actual navigation doesn't shut off, just the display. It shuts off for a second or two, then comes right back on. On the way to my office today it must have shut off 10 times.

Anyone else have this problem? Thanks, paul
  • testestestes Member Posts: 13
    The newness and excitement have rapidly worn off. I am heading to the dealership as the brakes have stopped working properly. The ABS and Brake lights have illuminated, and the stopping distance has increased 3 times longer. I first felt it when I pulled out of my garage this morning. I only have 2605 miles on this. Has anyone had similar problems? Anyone know of a service bulletin to address this? :sick:
  • dan101dan101 Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2001 Ford Escape with 140K on it. When you try to back up it seems to vibrate. Almost like the brakes are dragging. But I cannot seem to find the problem. Any ideas?
    3 days at the dealership and I just learned they have to replace the "Wire harness jumper". This is not encouraging at all. I will keep you posted. If there are many more days like this, I will track for the MA Lemon Laws.

When the brakes went out, I found the problem for surging at a stop light. I almost hit the car in front of me 2 different times. I had to stand on the brake pedal with both feet to keep it from moving long after I came to a complete stop. The problem I am having with the "wire harness jumper" may indeed be a key to the surging issue. We will see. :sick:
  • 3screwsloose3screwsloose Member Posts: 116
    You DIE! The Hybrid is set up to tow ONLY 1000lbs. Your 2,500lbs is 2.5 times more. That is 1,500lbs more than you are supposed to tow. Besides the strain on the engine/transmission - the brakes might just be the weakest link. Or maybe not! Anyway why don't you try it and see - the worse that could happen might be mass homicide! Or maybe just manslaughter. That's what towing limits are for. Why don't you beach your boat and save that much more gas? What did you tow with before? Is it still serviceable?
    "What did you tow with before? Is it still serviceable?"

I think he traded in his tow vehicle.
    The Little Green Sprout has been in the shop for 10 days, now. The Wire Jump Harness did not repair the issue. The service tech is still seeing the message "Service Brake System" on the dash read out as well as feeling the brakes barely working. They have attempted to get a new "module" from Ford. Ford did not believe this was a hybrid and sent the wrong part is what I was told. Regardless, my new car is still out of commission.

Has anyone else had similar problems? I am told the top portion of the brake pedal movement is the electrical component, and that is what has failed. The bottom half of the pedal travel is the hydraulic system. Has anyone seen a service bulletin that addresses this issue? :sick:
  • bernieceberniece Member Posts: 1
    Twice this week a light has come on saying "Stop Safely Now" and my car has immediately died. I barely got it to the side of the road. Will take it in but have talked to the service dept. and they say they have never heard of that happening. I am ready to get rid of it. Any ideas?
    Got the LGS back. The dealer had to replace the hydraulic master cylinder, the wire jump harness and the "brain". I have not had any problems since then (May 15). The car was out of service for 11 business days (according to lemon laws) and has not had any repeat problems. I am getting an avg of 29.4 mpg for the last 3 tanks of gas. I'm happy, again. :D
  • dw438dw438 Member Posts: 41
    Your service department must be dumb as dirt.
    This does happen, the system shuts down in order not to damage the vehicle.
    You may have a problem with the pump that regulates coolant. Very important as coolant flows not only around the engine but cools the hybrid electric system.
    It is a common problem, and the feds have issued a technical service bulletin about the problem. #05-04-10.
    The technicians will run a TSB check on the vehicle.
    Without knowing more, this could be your problem.
    Your dealer wouldn't be able to sell hybrids unless they have a trained-in-hybrids tech on duty.
  • jl1234jl1234 Member Posts: 3
    I just purchased a new 2006 Escape Hybrid 4WD about 2 weeks ago, and the driver's side door does not unlock with the remote. The dealer has diagnosed this as a smart junction box (SJB) failure, but they're telling me that the SJB is on back order indefinitely and they have no idea when this part will be available. The other 3 doors unlock -- it's only the driver's side door (the one that I care most about!) that doesn't unlock remotely. I can use the key to unlock it, but I have to leave the alarm system disabled in order to use the key.

The dealer is telling me there's nothing they can do about it except wait until the part is available (they claim the part is too new, so the manufacturer is not even making it yet so it could be months from now), and they have never seen an Escape Hybrid with this problem.

Has anyone else experienced this smart junction box / door lock problem? I'm very frustrated and wondering how to handle this issue.

Thanks!
  • gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    smart junction box / door lock problem?

Keep taking it in and invoke the Lemon Law. See if that does not shake the part loose. They can remove one from a vehicle on the lot or give you the new vehicle. That is ridiculous. I have read posts on here from every manufacturer where folks are made to wait weeks and months for parts on new cars. That should not happen. Give them what for.
    "Keep taking it in and invoke the Lemon Law. "

That is not going to do any good. The lemon law is invoked when a vehicle has the same part break three times, or is out of service for 30 total days in the first year.

The part is on order, so it would not do any good for lemon law purposes to keep taking the car in. The part would have to break two more times.

As for taking a part out of a new car, that would probably invoke some kind of laws requiring that the other Escape be sold as used (because parts were replaced). But in any case, this is not standard practice in the industry. You modify a car only in preparation for delivery to a customer, and that covers only needed modifications (add A/C, change out the wheels, etc).

Put it another way. Would you like to buy an Escape that had a replacement part instead of the factory part?
    The point is the manufacturer should have parts available for new cars. If they are cutting it so close that they do not have spares the customer should not be the one suffering. It is in the first year and if it takes longer than 30 days to repair it should be considered a lemon law candidate. It is not just Ford. How about the guy waiting 3 months for a part on his damaged Prius. I realize that is not a warranty or lemon law issue. It is bad business not having spare parts for these new gadget loaded down cars. I guess you consider it part of the hazard of being an early adoptor. You may be right. If it was my Hybrid PU it would be sitting on their lot with the clock ticking toward getting a new PU or my money back.
    "It is in the first year and if it takes longer than 30 days to repair it should be considered a lemon law candidate."

Well, I'm not disagreeing with you, but you really should direct your thoughts to your state legislator. I was speaking of the laws as they exist in CA.

However, one could check with an attorney who specializes in lemon law, maybe there are exceptions or something.

I agree it is bad business.

"If it was my Hybrid PU it would be sitting on their lot with the clock ticking toward getting a new PU or my money back."

I guess you didn't understand my post. If the car isn't out of service, it isn't counting towards the lemon law. Loss of the use of the remote opening the driver's side does not disable the vehicle.

You can't just park it on their lot - they would have it towed away, because there is no reason for it to be there. Again, not necessarily good business, but most dealers don't have that much customer parking, and the spaces are marked for use while people are visiting the dealership, not to leave the vehicle for an extended period. The "clock" would not be ticking towards anything except paying to get the FEH out of an impound lot, assuming it went that far...
    Loss of the use of the remote opening the driver's side does not disable the vehicle

You are probably correct there. It is just so disgusting this lack of parts issue. At least with a Toyota and Honda they can say they are coming from Japan. How long should it take from Detroit to where ever? If they are in the process of building that vehicle they must have a few extras. Or does Ford just let the car go and have the customer do the QC? I have only bought one new Ford. A 1984 Bronco and it was never in the shop while I owned it.

As far as parking on the lot. If the situation had deteriorated that far the vehicle would have lemons painted on it and parked on the street in front of the dealer with derogatory remarks all over it. The truth is I have not had that kind of dealer problem since I bought a new 1978 Honda Accord. In fairness to that dealer he was the Honda motorcycle dealer and Honda dumped the car business on him. I have never had a problem with a GM dealer with the last 5 new trucks I have owned.
  • dkrayziedkrayzie Member Posts: 5
    I think I might have the same problem, I just purchased a 2006 Escape XLS yesterday. I have found that the driver side door lock only works with the key, remote and power lock button wont work, but all other doors work. I am going to call Ford tomorrow to see what should be done about it.
    Ford probably got a whole batch of bad modules from disgruntled Delphi workers. Keep us posted how you make out. It has to be something common with more than one poster having the same issue.
This discussion has been closed.