Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz CLK Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

SylviaSylvia Member Posts: 1,636
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz
Share your prices paid & buying experiences about the MB CLK-Class.

Comments

• amt7565amt7565 Member Posts: 165
    I was browsing the MBUSA.com page and found that the CLK320 (MSRP $46K) was being leased at $499.00/month. This also requires:

$499- first month payment
    $2800- capitalized cost reduction
    $795- Acquisition fee.
    Total cash due at signing = $4094.00
    Here is the weblist: http://www.mbusa.com/brand/models/CLK320C.jsp

Is it possible to negotiate further? What is your buying experience?
  • ajb723ajb723 Member Posts: 61
    Went to M-B here in NJ today to price similar vehicle. Here is what I was quoted: 2005 CLK 320 Coupe. Sunroof pkg.., met. paint, CD changer. MSRP 49k. 39 mo. lease. 12,000 mi/yr. Downpayment $2000 includes 1st mo. payment, "inception fee (acquisition fee)"of 890 , and reg. fees. Monthly payment $635. I was left with the impression that they would negotiate further. They were reallllly anxious to make a deal today. I still have 1 mo. remaining on my BMW 330i lease. Wondering whether to wait for new 330 coming in about 2 months. What do ya think? I haven't test driven the MB yet. Its IMO a much better looking car than the BMW.
  • amt7565amt7565 Member Posts: 165
    I have not test driven the MB CLK 320 yet as well.
    So, isn't the deal I posted better than the one you got? Certainly the CLK is better looking than the BMW. But then again the new 3 series are almost here....I am sure they will look nice. The MB priced at $49k and the BMW 330 priced at about $34K. That's a huge difference of about $15K.0. Something to seriously think about.
  • cornellpinoycornellpinoy Member Posts: 196
    If you've leased a 330 for the last few years, be sure to test drive the CLK before making any decisions. I find the CLK to be a very attractive design inside and out. However, I have driven the 325 & 330 and the CLK 320 & 500 coupe & convertible and they drive/handle very differently.
    Absolutely- your deal was/is better even though you are putting more $ up front. Where are you located? I have 2 other MB dealers within 10 miles of my home so I plan on checking them out as well. I'm paying $525 now on my 330i so even with a modest increase for the 2006 330 I'd still be paying less than the MB . And it likely handles better too.
  • lwc336lwc336 Member Posts: 1
    Yes, it's quite interesting that we had such different experiences. Looking at their website, almost all of their cars have the heated seats & have a list of $49,190.

Actually, I had just entered my name in a leasing website & he contacted me. Wasn't planning on buying so soon, but thought that it was a good deal.

Mine is Pewter & I test drove it. The down payment is the first month, acquisition & registration fees, as well as upfront taxes on the lease payments (which is between $1500 and $2000 depending on the state). So the payment is closer to $4000. But there is no "cap cost reduction required," as in the advertised MB lease.

I would recommend going back to him & seeing if he will revise his numbers. Perhaps the MB lease promotion hadn't started & he now has more flexibility. It seems that perhaps there's an additional discount being given on the cars.

Let me know what happens.
  • kryptomankryptoman Member Posts: 1
    I leased my '04 CLK320 last year from prestige with same deal of $550 39mo. 10k/yr mileage. I have not had any problems until yesterday when I got 4 malfunctions all at once driving down rt.17 SRS, interior light, telaid, and sunroof all went out on me. Anyone else have this problem. Also the lag time from hitting the gas is always a problem.
    I hadn't heard about that "lag time" you mention. Is that a well known issue with this model? I would find it terribly annoying, if not dangerous. Can you tell me how much you put up front on that $550 lease. In general, are you happy with the overall handling?
    Wondering if anyone can tell me if this is a good deal. I was made an offer for a new (2005) CLK 320 coupe. sunroof, heated seats, CD changer and navigation. $ down is only 1st lease payment, reg fees, and acquisition ( approx. $790). 39 mo lease- 12K/yr. $612 /mo.incl. tax. Sounds good to me. Any thoughts?
  • golfacegolface Member Posts: 1
    Please tell me where you got this deal. I just went into a dealership and priced out the same car with zenons and rear shade. taxes down,1st payment, 10k/year. $699/month,39 months.
    Just picked up my new CLK 320 coupe last week. Benzel-Busch of Englewood NJ. Pewter, stone interior. sunroof, heated seats, CD changer and navigation. 12k/yr. $612/mo. Up front $ was 1st mo. lease, acqusition fee, registration fees for full term of lease= total up front outlay $1,900. The navigation just blows me away. A great toy. (Also, I didn't realize it is also pre-wired for my iPod- only requires a Radio Shack miniplug adaptor)
  • ljwalters1ljwalters1 Member Posts: 294
    My father got the above car with about 8k mi, and in very good condition for $57k. Good deal? :confuse:
  • tomc1227tomc1227 Member Posts: 20
    How man months is your lease?
    39 months.
    just thought I'd pass along a few thoughts after 2 weeks ownership of CLK 320. No question, is car is a looker, comments wherever I stop. Ride is comfortable - interior is lush. Controls are uncluttered and easy to use. Nav system is terrific. Went to Wash D.C. last weekend from my home in NJ and NAV performed flawlessly. Even recalculated routes quickly when encountering construction detours. Gas mileage is good (27 mpg for trip to DC)
    Nits to pick: Some of controls, esp. climate control dials are cheap plastic, not worthy of this car. Climate control is quirky, not intuitive. Touch - shift is gimmicky and not really useful. Acceleration is good- not great.
  • jjoseph1jjoseph1 Member Posts: 1
    Just got this lease offer from the dealer for a 2005 CLK320 with the sunroof package, and 6 disc changer.
    36 Months
    15k Miles
    $2000 Up front (first month's payment, tax, tag, ect.)
    Payment - $550/month plus tax.

Does this sound like a good deal :confuse:
    Sounds comparable to the deal I got: 2005 CLK320, sunroof, CD changer, heated seats, and navigation. 39 mo., 12k miles.
    1800 up front includes fees + 1st mo. payment, tax, plates
    $612/mo (incl tax). Have the car for 6 weeks. One small computer glitch which required a day to fix. Love the looks, interior and navigation. Lots of gimmicks but dash is uncluttered. Acceleration and handling are good but not as good as my previous car (BMW 330i)
  • kdh2865kdh2865 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have any lease info on the cabriolet? I am interested in leasing a new one by the end of August. :confuse:
  • rontiderontide Member Posts: 3
    I am a current Cadillac owner. My wife has a 1996 Cadillac STS and I have a 1999 Cadillac STS. Love my car but drove a CLK 500 for a test drive and boy is it fast.
    Rougher ride and the low profile tires have more road noise. Only 1 cupholder?
    Do any CLK owners have thoughts on their CLK? Consumer Reports shows many electrical problems for CLK's...and other Mercedes problems. Frankly I would have a problem justifying buying even a used CLK 500 but it does intrigue me.
    Any maintenance experiences, is repair cost high, oil consumption, etc. Would appreciate your feedback.
  • mcho3mcho3 Member Posts: 37
    MSRP on my 500 was 61500 and OTD i paid 59300. what do you guys think
  • blksndayblksnday Member Posts: 5
    CLK500 coupe MY 2004 (comes with 4 years 48kmi free schedule maintenance)
    When: Apr 2004
    Milage: 12 at the time
    Heated seat, 6disc CD
    Lighting package (bi xenon light, headlamp washer)
    Sunroof package(Power tilt, sliding glass, one touch something, rear shade control)
    Ventilated seat
    Wood & leather steering wheel
    Upgraded to chrome wheel
    Price: 58500 OTD (included tax (7.75%) & license) with no trade in
    Finance thru MB credit 60 months 2.9%, zero down (payment around 1k/month)
    Love the car so far
  • brewpupsbrewpups Member Posts: 2
    Ordered a new 2006 CLK 500 a few weeks back. Waiting for it to be built.

Options: Comfort Pkg, Premium Pkg, Lighting Pkg, COMAND, Heated Seats, Keyless Go, iPod integration kit

Final negotiated price (including tax, tags, etc.) $66,000
  • frlac40frlac40 Member Posts: 3
    Please tell me what is the best price to pay for a MB 1999 CLK 320 Convertible with 68,450 miles clean no dent and running good. Thank you
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi everyone. Please use the following discussion to post any questions that you have about leasing a Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • mkcabmkcab Member Posts: 3
    Is that a coupe or cab?
  • brewpupsbrewpups Member Posts: 2
    Coupe
  • rdubsrdubs Member Posts: 11
    Quick question about the European delivery option, where they say you save 7% off MSRP. It looks like you might have to order through the MB website and would not be in addition to whatever deal you got the salesperson at the local dealer down to. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this program? I wouldn't mind sending my wife to pick her car up if it helped reduce the price, but if it was that great a deal I have to think everyone would do it. Is the catch that it's not an additional 7% from the negotiated price with the dealer?

Thanks all!
    Rich
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    You might also try our discussion called European Delivery: Experiences, Advice & Info.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• bwitchdbwitchd Member Posts: 2
    I ordered a 2006 clk cabrio in storm red metallic in May. Still no word on delivery date. Does anyone know when the color will be available? My dealer does not.
  • drdandrdan Member Posts: 1
    Recently leased for 1600 down which included inceptions and first month lease payment. It is a brilliant silver coupe with sunroof package, six disc cd changer.
    It is for 39 months and 10K miles/year.
    The lease payment is 680.00 plus tax monthly.
  • gpt222gpt222 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a used 2003 CLK500 with date of first registration 02/04 (23K mileage)which means that warranty and scheduled maintenance of another 28 months is included. Xenon, heated seats, but no keyless go or navigation. Price was 36,900.
    I am wondering if anyone else who drives a the clk500 is also experiencing a slight pull or lack of directional stability. I suspexct that the 225/45 and 245/40 factory installed tires have something to do with it - depending on the depth of the bumps or potholes, one definetely feels the pull in the steering wheel. Just curious if anyone has a view on this - may be re-alignment or rotating tires.
  • dcandeladcandela Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I am looking for a few good online stores for accessories. Can anyone recommend? Thank you!

dpc
  • lovemyclklovemyclk Member Posts: 351
    You may want to verify air pressure in your tires. If one of the front tires is low, it may cause the slight pull you refer to.
  • elaynescelaynesc Member Posts: 1
    Every time I put my CLK in park the engine starts to rev. Does anyone recognise this problem? Thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    I know your car isn't a C-class.. but, since it shares many of the same mechanicals, you might have a better chance of getting an answer here:

Mercedes-Benz C-Class: Problems & Solutions

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• rdubsrdubs Member Posts: 11
    Hi everyone,

Anyone know for sure if Mercedes dealers get holdbacks on all models they sell, or is it just selected ones (similar to rebates)?

I recently negotiated the price on a CLK350. The research I did showed Mercedes gets a 3% holdback on all its models, and there are factory->dealer rebates on models on some models in addition (none for the CLK). Anyway, when I was talking to the guy I indirectly referred to the dealership's cost being lower than invoice (i.e., holdback) but he seemed to indicate no further cost reductions below invoice applied. Anyway I took his word for it and after we agreed on a price (based on no holdback) I regretted it.

If there isn't a holdback on some models, I think I did well, but it looks like the holdback is irrespective of the model. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks in advance.
  • dlukdluk Member Posts: 2
    I just took delivery of a 2004 Black Opal CLK500 two weeks ago. 22k miles, great condition, paid $38k. I think I got a great deal on the price and the car is just intoxicating to drive!

It is an absolute rocketship on the highway, and quite capable in the twists. It was also a delight on the highway for my long Xmas drive to my parents house.

My only complaints are a bunch of niggling issues in the interior (it's no japanese car when it comes to little things going wrong) - i.e. the cupholder doesn't slide out, the glovebox doesn't close without a firm and inelegant smack, the passenger vanity mirror light doesnt' work, etc. :shades:

A couple of bigger issues that I'd welcome people's opinions on: (1) the engine makes a weird noise at idle, which I've read is normal for this car, and (2) the transmission seems to sometimes upshift way too early under part-throttle acceleration and/or coming out of a turn, to the point where it feels unnatural. This scares me a bit but also might be that I'm used to having full control of a manual. Hopefully the adaptive transmission will un-learn this behavior?
  • pkunkpkunk Member Posts: 1
    Select models are subject to holdback.

Hopefully your "research" tagged that holdback is per vehicle and by that I mean each individual one on the lot.

Its just the same if you shop the clearance clothing at Nordstroms; the nicer clothes in the sizes and colors have already sold and anything on the clearance rack is sold to prevent/minimize a loss for the company.

Its too bad that there are posts here asking "Did I get a good buy?" It just shows how insecure people are about their decisions. Do you really need the reassurance from total strangers to recognize if this vehicle is meeting your wants/needs?

Ideally, you should be purchasing both a vehicle and customer service. Your salesperson is part of your ownership experience. I gladly pay a little more to know I will be taken care of when something beyond my control arises with my automobile.
  • gokhangulecgokhangulec Member Posts: 23
    Hey,

I got my car today and agreed on a monthly payment of 599$ inc. taxes and w/o any other payments (0 Down Payment, inc. tax, license fees). This lease will cost me:
    (39*599) + Disposition fee.

It only has Premium Pack and the price is around 50K. The mileage is 15k/year and the term 39 months.

I hope this helps.
  • wantmbwantmb Member Posts: 15
    Carman,

Can you tell me what the lease program for an 06 CLK 350 is currently. What is the program (money factor & residual) for 39 mos 15k miles. I live in Maryland.
    I am responding to the following request because there has been no response.

Can you tell me what the lease program for an 06 CLK 350 is currently. What is the program (money factor & residual) for 39 mos 15k miles. I live in Maryland.
    CarMan or Kydfx are you available to answer the question above. thansk in advaance, I need help!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    I don't have access to the information that Car_man has..

But, my best information is that the '06 350CLK coupe, leased for 36mo/45K miles (don't have 39mo. numbers) has a residual of 57% and a base money factor of .0023

Hope this helps,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

CarMan,

Can you please provide the Feb CLK 350 lease residuals and money factors for 06 CLK 350 for 36 & 39 mos 15k miles. Also are there any dealer or customer cash incentives for Feb? Thanks for providing sucha valuable tool for everyone!
  • paulc1012paulc1012 Member Posts: 1
    I was given a price for a 2006 CLK 350, Navigation System, IPOD, 6 Disc CD, MSRP Approx $52,000. $3,000 Cap Cost Reduction. $495 Per Month. Does that sound like a good deal?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi wantmb. If you were to lease a 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK 350 Coupe through Mercedes-Benz Credit right now for 36 or 39 months (the lease programs for both terms are exactly the same) with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be an attractive .00160 and 57%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take the $2,000 bonus that Mercedes is providing for deals through MBC into account. It will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • spencerkspencerk Member Posts: 1
    I have this car for 1 year and would not recommend it. First the car is a death trap in snow or icy conditions, simply does not handle well or easily gets stuck. The tires are not designed to last very long as they are racing tires with a 8 - 11K mileage use. You will be replacing them over and over during the life of the car like no other car you have ever own. I got that directly from the service manager of the Mercedes dealership. There is only one cup holder and it is inconvient for the driver, the radio has lots of static and just mediocre at best, and at least with my dealership in Huntington, Long Island, they never have the parts in stock when I have a problem. Going back to Lexus next time, far superior cars.
  • molearymoleary Member Posts: 9
    Car_Man,

Your posts have helped me buy several cars in the last 12 months! You are a real asset to this site! Hopefully you can help us get the best price on a new CLK350.

My wife would like a new CLK350 with the following options:

Comfort Package
    Lighting Package
    Premium Package
    Sirius Radio (love that satellite!)
    Metallic Paint (Black Obsidian)
    Rear side airbags
    Lowered Sport Suspension
    Run-flat tire package

MSRP: $60,015* (as equipped above)
    Invoice $55,869* (as equipped above)

*Includes $775 destination fee.

We will lease the vehicle through Mercedes Benz Financial (formerly Mercedes Benz Credit), this will be the third consecutive lease though them. We have tier 1 credit so we should be able to get the best possible money factor. I have seen 1.9% advertised on 36 month financing, does this apply to leases or should we figure on the .0016 factor?

You listed the residual as being 57% w/ 15,000 miles / year. Using the 15K miles per year year number of 57% (I assume of the MSRP) the vehicle's residual value after either 36 or 39 months would be $34208.55. My wife will never hit 15K miles a year what would the residual be with 12,000 miles / year.

Do you know of any dealer holdbacks or other incentives on these vehicles right now? I believe I saw a $2000 rebate listed somewhere in this forum, if you go through Mercedes Benz Financial.

What else should we be considering on this vehicle lease? I plan on sending our local dealer an offer using the spreadsheet available at Carbuyingtips.com. I want to make sure I don't leave something out that makes me look like a nit-wit.

Thanks in advance Car_Man! I suspect a lot of folks in here owe you some really nice dinners!
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    From what I understand, money factor is .00300 on cabs, and .00145 on coupes. $2000 Bonus cash is also for coupe only, not cabriolet. MB dealers do get holdback, but don't hold your breath waiting for them to pass that on to you. Generally, Cabriolets sell out every spring, so they don't get discounted too much in many parts of the country. Don't know about residual, maybe 1 or 2% different for 12000 miles??? Maybe someone else knows for sure?
  • templeton3templeton3 Member Posts: 69
    I don't understand what are complaining about. Racing tires are soft and don't last long. Racing tires were not made for the snow. One cup holder, its a small car, not meant for all your beer buddies. Not having parts, get in line, there are other people who have problems too. Drive a Lexus, not as safe as a Mercedes. Next time do your research. If you did, you wouldn't be complaining. Mercedes doesn't rank #28 on JD Powers for nothing.
This discussion has been closed.