Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Lexus RX 450h Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    chk1144chk1144 Member Posts: 5
    -3.9k + all weather cargo mat.
    edison they talked about 500 discount.
    englewood -1k.
    manhatan 0
    bayridge -2k
    queens n/a
    edison may be -.5k if you are nice.
    .......etc

it was long trip to get oakhurst r c
    they offer me the -3.9k
    the dealer is kind of agressive for the sale.
    when i get the dealer, I got the price....so it took may be 30min.
    cause no finance.

all of these quote is for the same car
    rx450 w/nav same spec. same msrp.

sorry my answer is late cause i was waxing my car outside. still i love it
  • Options
    bashinbashin Member Posts: 27
    I am in the market for the '10 RX 450H AWD and didn't know if people had the MF and residuals for 12k/36mo and a ballpark purchase price inlcuding navi and/or RSES.

Thanks!
  • Options
    ssoomanssooman Member Posts: 7
    So, after visiting 3 dealers in new york( queens, rockville center, and Massapequa) and in that order, I finally was able to get 4000 + off MSRP. MSRP was 52700. I think this happened because I had them trying to beat the previous dealer. My experience at Massapequa was great. Sales guy really thorough. Explained all the features of the car to me before negotiating. He even took me for another test drive even though I told him I had already had one. My advise is to shop around to at least 3 dealers, They will try to beat the one before. I was told that There would not be plenty room for negotiating but I think overall because I shopped around, I was able to do ok. RX 450h with navigation package.
  • Options
    jimnjjimnj Member Posts: 6
    the deal was after trade and no navigation and no rear entertainment so I guess not a good deal. It was at Little Falls, NJ Lexus dealer. I am still looking as I really want the 450h. Keep posting final prices.
  • Options
    smirkracingsmirkracing Member Posts: 1
    I got $4500 off MSRP of $53210 in San Francisco Bay Area. There are more than half a dozen Lexus dealerships within a 50 mile radius, and I called each one in order from north to south and kept ratcheting up my discount. They all claimed no negotiation, but I found that $2500 off MSRP was not a problem - every single one would meet $2500 off if you sound serious on the phone. I had multiple offers at $3000 off, one at $3500 off, and finally closed at $4500 off. Never had to enter a dealership or meet a salesman - car was delivered to my home the same day I began my negotiation.

Negotiate hard. These are NOT "rare" vehicles if you are content with the standard $53k MSRP spec vehicle that is shipping to most dealerships (that package has nav, luxury package, etc, but not rear seat entertainment, variable suspension, or radar speed control, which was a huge loss for me, but not worth $4500).
  • Options
    zhuddzhudd Member Posts: 2
    that sounds like a great deal! I'm also in bay area and shopping for Rx450H, can you tell me which dealer offered you that price? You might just save me LOTs of phone calls! Thanks!
  • Options
    dorenescardorenescar Member Posts: 28
    Great price and negotiation! :shades: I did not have the same luck pricing in the south Bay Area, so would also love to know the dealership info..
  • Options
    bobciobobcio Member Posts: 1
    I too cannot locate a 450h with the Luxury package - all dealers telling me that it does not come standard and that I would have to order it special. Even contacted an Auto Broker, who is able to save me an extra $800-$1,000 more than the best deal I could find, so long as it is on the standard package. I have found only one 450h with the Luxury package and it was only there supposedly because someone had ordered it and changed their mind... I began negotiating a deal and about the time I agreed to the deal, they had sold it to another couple who was apparently negotiating at the same time in a different cubicle. Cannot find ANY with the Pre-Collision system. I've search Northen California, Bay area and all the way down to Southern California. No Luck. Would love any insight you might have!
  • Options
    exoramexoram Member Posts: 6
    Hey looking to lease the rx450h . Didnt see any other thread dedicated to leasing an rx450h on this site, so i figured this was the closest. I'm looking to lease this car for a 48month period with 15k miles a year. Does anyone know what the residual and money factor would be for this ?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    Just go ahead and post in the regular RX350 Lease Question discussion..

As long as you note that it's the RX450h, then Car_man will give you the correct numbers..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    bclaybclay Member Posts: 1
    could you tell me the name of the dealer that you got $4500 discount off.
    thanks
    bclay
  • Options
    dorenescardorenescar Member Posts: 28
    We heard that there was great trade in value for our 07 400h, and were interested in the very positive reviews of this years upgraded 450h. We went to a dealership to test drive, were totally impressed, and decided to try to make it happen. The most workable sales guy was from internet sales at Magnussen Lexus in Fremont CA. We were offered $3000 over kelly blue book 'good' rating for our 400h, even with old tires (one spare on board) and no mats. This was added to $3500 off MSRP. Our total value saved was at least the $6500. for this deal. They seemed far more flexible than other dealerships we dealt with, so I think they are a good bet for Bay Area buyers. It was a relatively painless transaction, but we did have to stay solid on what we were willing to pay and trade for. ;)
  • Options
    goredgored Member Posts: 2
    Am I being picky by being disappointed with our 25.5 combined mpg on our 450H? I just feel kind of cheated when the vehicle was represented as a combined 29mpg. That is more than a 10% decline over what was represented to us. Anyone else have any fuel economy data? We have logged about 8500 miles so far and just drive normal. I have not tried to be a fuel economy wizard...for this money I expected to get what was advertised. I am a little upset.
  • Options
    rmiamirmiami Member Posts: 3
    To get the best mpg on your 450h requires a conserted effort on the part of the driver. This includes, but is not limited to, things like coasting, even pressure on the accelerator, staying below 60 mph, and avoiding short trips.

There are also conditions that the driver has no control over as the ambient temperature. As the temperatures drops below 50 degrees, the engine and battery use more energy to allow thinks like the heaters to keep you warm and toasty.

I found in my new 450h as well as my previous 400h that when the temperature drops below 50 degrees I lost between 2 and 2 1/2 mpg. In the late summer and fall in Seattle I was averging 27 1/2 in combined city /freeway driving. My 2 round trips to Portland I averaged 31 and 32 mpg on my 450h. My 400h averaged about 2 1/2 mpg less respectively. My overall average mpg for 3,500 miles is 27.5 mpg.

If you live in LA where the temperature stays warmer you should get better mpg than someone who lives in Seattle.

Some other things you might try is combining short trips into longer ones and watch the pressure in your tires.
  • Options
    goredgored Member Posts: 2
    Well, imo they should be up front about fuel economy if it requires special driving. We went from Akron Ohio to Huntington WV....all highway driving, albeit a little hilly and I drive 70mph and we got 21.5 mpg on those tanks! My Range Rover.....which all the greenies dog for its fuel economy, did better than that on the highway. I really cannot believe I am the only one getting crappy mileage from the 450H? Other cars I have purchased recently the rated mpg was lower than what I actually got. 2010 Mazda 3, '08 H3, and the Rover. If I have to drive "special" to achieve the published mpg rating then they should tell you that.
  • Options
    coffeebuffcoffeebuff Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man -- I want to purchase an RX 450h in the Seattle Area. The car I'm looking at is $53,469, which includes upgrades and destination charge. I have a 2003 Honda pilot to trade in and will pay cash for the balance. Any idea how much I could expect to negotiate off this price -- does cash talk? Is it better to negotiate in person or on the internet? Any and all advice is welcomed.
  • Options
    zhuddzhudd Member Posts: 2
    at pleasanton lexus dealer, california. This is such an amazing car! definitely worth all the waiting and bargaining.
  • Options
    kooltoadkooltoad Member Posts: 3
    Hi All,

I have a rate quote for the new 2010 Rx450h AWD - please let me know if this seems ok to you all, who made or about to consider making deal for this car..

Vehicle Base Model ..Rx450h 2010 $ 43700.00 $ 43700.00
    Comfort Package Includes: Heated & Ventilated 825.00

Driver/Passenger Front Seats, Rain-sensing Wi 12-speaker Premium Audio System for Navigation / Auto Sound Levelizer, In-Dash 6-Disc CD Changer 110.00

19" Aluminum Alloy Wheels .................... 660.00
    Heads-Up Display ............................. 1200.00
    Bi-Xenon High Intensity Discharge Headlamps 875.00
    Hard Disk Drive Navigation System, Command, Backup Monitor, XM NavTraffic and . NavWeather (includes 90-day trial subscriptio and Remote Touch Controller .................. 2440.00
    Intuitive Parking Assist ..................... 500.00
    Premium Pkg. Includes: Leather Trim Interior,Touch Open/Close Moonroof, Auto-Dimming Electrochromic Pwr Heated Outside Mirrors, Pw Door, MP3 Mini Plug w/USB Audio Plug, Driver'' Seat /Steering/Mirror Memory - 3 settings .... 2400.00

Remote Engine Start .......................... 375.00

Wood & Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel & Shift 330.00
    --------- ---------
    Destination Charge ...........................: $ 875.00

54315 MSRP(Total)
    Savings Offered by the dealer
    51041 Sale Price
    % State Tax
    100 Process Fee
    350 approx Estimated Tag/Reg/Title Fees

PLEASE SHARE .. looking for a early buy

thanks..
  • Options
    msj09msj09 Member Posts: 32
    What do you think is a fair price for a good condition 'demo' 450h? Say, with 300 or 500, or 1,000 miles? Should it be 'x' dollars LESS than invoice?
  • Options
    cinsual1cinsual1 Member Posts: 2
    If you want to know if this is a good deal (which it isn't), check edmunds.com. I am also in the market for a RX 450h and learned a lot through edmunds.com and carpoint.com. Edmunds is the best. I was shown two dealer invoices by two different dealerships and their invoice totals matches edmunds.com perfectly. Watch out for the hidden "LDA" cost that the dealer does not tell you about. This is the Lexus Dealer Advertisment fee and can run from $550 - $700. They hide this in the price of the car, but you can opt not to pay it.

You do not have to work down from MSRP. You can actually work up from the actual dealer invoice, minus the hidden LDA cost.
  • Options
    cinsual1cinsual1 Member Posts: 2
    I urge everyone to do their homework before going to the dealership. Log on to edmunds.com. There is a lot of information on this website to assist you in buying your vehicle. Like, Lexus dealerships receive 2% of the selling price of the vehicle and they charge you an extra $550 - $700 for LDA "Lexus Dealer Advertisement" fee.

The actual cost of the RX 450h is really around $47,500 - $48,500 (including the destination charge of $875) depending on the options. Then they'll tack on this LDA fee (which you do not have to pay). Thus bringing the total to a little over $49,000. So if the MSRP is between $53, 500 - $54,500, they will still rob you of thousands when they offer to come down about $2000 or $3000.

Meaning they just made 2% of the selling price, plus a free LDA fee, plus recouped their destination charge of $875 back from you and still got an extra $3000 on top of all of this out of you. Plus they have a clause that they reserve the right to keep all customer rebates. So this $750 customer rebate that they have can only be used if you finance through Lexus. They may not tell you about this rebate and if you finance through them, they can keep your $750.

You'll find all of this information and more on edmunds.com.
  • Options
    HI cinsual1

thanks for replying.. i am reading more about the buy i had mentioned, thanks for sharing the info regarding TDA and other hidden costs. How is your search coming along and in which area are you looking to buy the car.

Also, what do you think, how much are you willing to pay for the specs I had mentioned, thanks again in advance !
  • Options
    Also looking back on edmunds.com when you see the price they have listed, there is a tab for advertising fee - and it clearly states, the adv. fee or such other fee - true cost is hardly known and one should negotiate from TMV ..? any thoughts.

customer rebate for finance where did you find that from, did not find it on lexus website or other places.

Destination charge usually is a part of Invoice.

what do you think is a reasonable percentage profit (you are willing to pay) for this car on sale, as i understand dealer receive 2 % of sale per your message.
  • Options
    suvgalsuvgal Member Posts: 39
    I received a quote of $45K on a 2010 450h with approximately 7K miles. It's original MSRP was $52535. It includes the premium package, comfort package, premium audio, alloy wheels, bi-xenon headlamps, NAV, tow prep and aacy pkg. Does this sound like a decent quote? If not, what should I be aiming for? Thanks all.
  • Options
    dr_jimdr_jim Member Posts: 1
    This does sound like a decent quote to me. Suvgal, can you share please which dealership did you get this quote from? Thank you.
  • Options
    brian30brian30 Member Posts: 11
    Anyone buy an RX 450h in the Dallas area recently? Which dealership offers the best pricing?
  • Options
    emaan1emaan1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi. I have been reading this forum for several months now and finally feel comfortable in shopping for a new RX350.

I am in Greenville, NC. Any suggestions on a dealership? :)
  • Options
    art234art234 Member Posts: 99
    Bought a new RX-450h from Rallye Lexus in Glen Cove, NY in March. Got a great deal and a fair price on the trade (2006 RX-400h).

Excellent dealership.
  • Options
    dalooshdaloosh Member Posts: 15
    Hey art, what was the trade-in value? I have a 2006 400h w/ <60K miles on it, and was considering the 450h. Thanks!
  • Options
    art234art234 Member Posts: 99
    Daloosh,

Tradeins have probably taken a hit since I got mine, however, I got $22,500. With the tax savings, it came to about $24,500 net, which was in my ballpark. Mine had 48K and was in excellent shape.

I also recommend that anyone getting the new one get the body side moldings-they don't come on the car any more, and ours got dinged the other night-better that than the door itself.

Good luck!
  • Options
    dalooshdaloosh Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2010
    Thanks so much art! Mine has normal wear, but we have a child and more mileage, so we'll not do as well on the tradein value. Worth thinking about tho...

When taxtime came around after buying the 400h in 2006 we found that the tax savings mostly evaporated due to AMT.
  • Options
    mkapadiamkapadia Member Posts: 2
    Thinking of buying one , but would like to hear from folks on the forum about its performance and any known maintenance issues ?
  • Options
    btblueskybtbluesky Member Posts: 4
    Been lurking around this forum, time to give it back.
    JUST TODAY, Wife and I walked in Longo Lexus, just wanting to test drive the 450h on this memorial weekend. Ended up w/ with a pretty decent deal (I think).
    2010 Matador red, premium package, 2wd (no need for 4wd as we dun do off road or anything). MSRP 51890. First time buying a new car, but couple things I think I've learned on the way:

- At first my wife wants the Pearl white, but I cannot stand Tan or Gray interior, and black interior need custom order, out of question. The matador red stands out beautifully on black. If you want black interior, check the website first, and forget pearl.

- All 450h in west coast have premium pkg, no exception, u want highend hybrid, thats the only way to roll.

- All new cars on the floors are financed under dealership's name until its sold, the longer it's on the floor, the more dealers are paying for it, keep this in mind when make your selections. Can even ask the agent how many days it's been on the lot.

- The final price will always be packaged along with the financing, higher interest/longer term, you can get the car lower price, cuz dealer can justify the profit in this way. So after talked with sales, and manager to get the lowest price, talk w/ finance dept, tell them the rate is too high and you'll get the financing somewhere and swap it in (its your right to do so within a given time period), and they'll try harder to work w/ you on the rate. I'd say do not ever say yes to the first rate they give you.

- After getting the financing deal down, make sure it has no early payment penalty, so you pay it off earlier, save some interest (which might be higher then what u'd like as u get a lower out the door price).

- Finally, I think the best time to get a lexus is always the end of the 1st yr a new model comes out, you get the new model, but unlike getting it beginning of yr, which probably have no discount off MSRP. I was waiting on the 2011 GS (big refresh rumored), but thinking it'd be right on MSRP, and I can't wait another year for a car.

We ended up getting it for 46000, ~6000 off MSRP. Which I feel a good deal. Got the luxcare pkg, and the 100000/7yr bumper 2 bumper as well. for an expensive hybrid, believe it'd pay for itself.

One last thing, if u in LA area, goto Longo (the largest in LA/westcoast), ask for Felix Giles, what a legend (former navy, racer, engineer, professor), and a truly great person to deal with, helpful, honest and made the deal way more easier for us. I wouldn't do this deal without him.
  • Options
    jofam1jofam1 Member Posts: 21
    That is a great price and a great ext/int color combo. Congratulations. And thank you for sharing the info.
    May I ask how much did the dealer charge you for the luxcare pkg and the 100.000/7yr ?
  • Options
    ct_audict_audi Member Posts: 6
    Traded in my 2007 RX 400h AWD bought January 2007 with navigation, premium plus, heated front seats, 18" aluminum wheels, wood interior trim, towing prep package which was a MSRP of $49,866 (including the 715 destination charge at the time) for $25,000 towards a 2010 RX 350. Car had just under 51,000 miles. Did have to put new tires on at 28-29K miles which is better than some reported as the rx really chews up tires.

Carmax appraised at $22,000, second lexus dealer said value was 22-24. Looks like CPO versions of this car with similar mileage are being offered by dealers in the 31-35k range depending on which region it is being sold.
  • Options
    The 100000 warranty was 26xx,pretty much standard pricing. the luxcare was 695, standard 895. I feel like this can still be talk down abit, but at that time it was already at financing dept... at 11pm. So I was already like...wutever.
  • Options
    henry_gearhenry_gear Member Posts: 2
    Just completed a purchase of RX 10 450h for $48,7xx + TTL. The window sticker
    was $54,9xx.
    Options: AWD; Premium package; Comfort package; Nav. system; Head up display; assist. parking; 19'' wheels; wood steering wheel; ...
    I believe the invoice is around $49,5xxx.
    Hope the info would helps someone when buying a similar car.
  • Options
    kuang2kuang2 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I'm new here.

Just seeking for 450H AWD, golden color with Mark Levinson, Navigator, Luxury Package and CP too, but not avaiable in CA.

Can you show me where I can find one?

Thanks
  • Options
    kuang2kuang2 Member Posts: 2
    where did you buy it Henry? I'm trying to find one with HUD in Golden color
  • Options
    mbl1211mbl1211 Member Posts: 2
    I got an Internet price quote of $46,199 pre tax and license for a 2010 RX450h with MSRP of $51,900 (Premium package, comfort package, 19" wheels, etc).

This was from a Los Angeles area dealer. How does this compare to what other are getting, or have paid?
  • Options
    I got the exact same config for 46000 pre tax,license. I feel like maybe 46k + get all the cargo mats, and roof racks, and it's a decent price. I just finish my first tank, 425 miles, 14.5 gallons. Not bad. Mine's 2WD. if its 4WD, it'd a hot deal.
  • Options
    mbl1211mbl1211 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info. What state/city/dealer? Did you get the mats and racks for $46,000? The $46,199 quote I got was for a 2wd.

Thanks again
  • Options
    joncar1joncar1 Member Posts: 7
    I just purchased a FWD RX450h for $45,2XX from an SF Bay Area dealer. I had 3 dealers that would meet the price and one refused. The MSRP was $51957.00, which seems to be the standard configuration of this model around here.
  • Options
    That sounds pretty good. got it 46000. should be around that price.
  • Options
    lairlair Member Posts: 3
    Can you email me the dealers that met your $45,2xx price and any contact names. I think I am going this route.

Thanks.
    lair@nc.rr.com
  • Options
    joncar1joncar1 Member Posts: 7
    I tried your email address, but it bounced. You can email me at jonwilks@yahoo.com
  • Options
    rlflrlfl Member Posts: 2
    Could you please kindly email me the dealers that you got $45,2xx deal and any contact names?

Thanks.

rlfl07.auto@gmail.com
  • Options
    rcraftrcraft Member Posts: 16
    I bought mine in September of '09 ... Car sticker was $54,410. I traded in a 2006 RX400h with 85,000 miles on it. Got $22K for the trade and $4K off the sticker. No other dealer I could find was willing to discount the RX45h at all. I got a fair deal on a great car (mine is a 4wd) ... but not as good as the deals I'm reading about here. Of course, I paid the price of getting one immediately after they came out ... as they become more widely available, the price always drops. When I bought my car, it was the only one they had. The reason that I got it and the deal I got was that it was my 4th Lexus from this dealership and they know I'll continue to buy cars from them ... providing the deals are fair.
  • Options
    seshuseshu Member Posts: 2
    Dealer is offering me $50K + Tax + Registration fee + Admin cost for 2010 RX 450h AWD. It includes the comfort + premium package + rear view entertainment etc. MSRP $57K. Is this a good deal? Thanks

-S
  • Options
    seshuseshu Member Posts: 2
    I bought it for $50K + $400+ (tax, registration ..) + MA sales tax. MSRP was $57K.