Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Scion tC Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• riddlermythriddlermyth Member Posts: 40
    So Scion tc (automatic, no addons) on their website (scion.com) is quoted for 17,515.
    The dealer I am currently speaking to wants to charge me $19.3 for the car (6.25 tax). Arent I getting ripped off since with tax, the car should come out to $18565.9? Please help! I am planning on ordering this car ASAP (within 24 hours of now) :cry:

Thanks!
    Aisha
  • tbooth2tbooth2 Member Posts: 33
    Depends on whether that price is "out the door", (taxes, vehicle registration fees and doc fees included in that price). You can figure about 9% of the $17515 price will give you a fair estimate of the "out the door" price. If the dealership is telling you that taxes, registration fees and doc fees are NOT included in that $19300 price, take your business and money elsewhere.....
  • riddlermythriddlermyth Member Posts: 40
    Ok, so I found out that almost all the dealerships were charging me $300- $700 "documentation" fee. I am currently in the process of moving, so I found a dealership 40 miles from me that charges ZERO documentation fee. Car is 17k, plus 585 s&h, and thats it! Great deal!! Best thing is I dont even have to go in- I can send my check of $200 (as opposed to $500) in the mail, and just show up to pick up my car. The bad thing is it wont be there for about 3 weeks :-| :cry:
  • jerchajercha Member Posts: 4
    I just picked up my 2006 tC Auto from Tysons Toyota (VA). It took 3 weeks for my order to arrive. Worth the wait with one mile on Odometer. With no other tC for sale on the lot, a few customers surrounded my car. My rep had to shoo them away :P If it was up to me I would keep the supply low ;)

I paid the scion.com price 17,515 + 289 (posted processing/doc fee) + tax (3% in VA) + dmv tags
    I also got mudguards, applique, mats, cargo liner/net, side sill, floor light. They charged a few bucks more than scion.com to install the accessories. Prices were posted in the Scion booth and dealer website.

The 289 processing fee seemed reasonable given the great service I got. My sales rep was the best No-haggle atmosphere was a priority for me and I enjoyed it. Keep in mind if you order accessories they may run out or outsource installation. I had to go back to the dealer twice for installation
  • mamazmamaz Member Posts: 1
    I tried to get a scion tc, black or mica, with AT and side airbags. The dealer tried to sell me a cherry one. They had a 2005 used tc (that was bought at auction) for more than a new 2006 tc! I was mislead and was filling out the finance paperwork on the used one for 2 hours when they decided that they could not come down to the price my salesman had submitted for me. It was such a bad experience. My 18 year old daughter was there and she got a lesson in used car salesmen! Then the guy above the salesman was frantically calling his "friends" at other scion dealerships trying to get the car we wanted. Never did he mention that we could order the car from Toyota direct. I wasted a Saturday at the local Toyota dealership. I have noticed that there are more Toyotas in town with plate rims from Toyota dealers in other cities and not mine! Avoid Lithia Toyota.
  • bknight1bknight1 Member Posts: 1
    In July I purchased a tc,thought it was demo.Salesman told me I was lucky because they have only had two to sell this year. Turns out it was a used vehicle. After several days the car began to smell of cigarette smoke. I started to question the dealership and discovered it had been previously titled,

The salesman was smooth and never corrected me when I used the word demo.
    The finance manager told me I had upgraded rims on the vehicle, of course I do not. Tried to work things out with the dealer who was arrogant and told me if it wasn't on paper there technically was no proof.

He doesn't care what was told to me - of course the parties involved deny everthing.

The Scion Experience is a joke. I called in and never heard from anyone even though I had been assigned a case number. Turns out the customer service liason between Scion and the dealership work for the dealership.

Toyota doesn't care about me as a consumer. To all you happy Scion owners beware. If you have a concern you just may have a problem on your hands. I still don't have my issues resolved after 5 weeks.

My advice is to wear a wire when you shop at SUBURBAN TOYOTA -SCION -OF TROY MICHIGAN

They have no regards for the Consumer Protection Act- you can not give false or misleading information that results in the sell of a product or service.... I offered to take a lie detector test. Would his employees? They will tell you anything to sell
    a car.

Because of my buying experience I hate my Scion and will never purchase a Toyota again.Shame on you ! I expect better service from a five star dealership. Maybe the qualification is not customer satisfaction but how many vehicles you can move.

Words of wisdom, wear a wire to protect yourself. You will need it to get them to honor the deal that was presented. Too late for me .
  • zhangtao9703zhangtao9703 Member Posts: 18
    Hi,

Is it true there is no buzzer working with the security on Scion tC?

I have security installed, but I don't hear any sound when I lock or unlock my tC.

Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    This is a pricing discussion... You may have better luck getting an answer, if you post here:

Scion tC Owners: Problems & Solutions

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• phindiasphindias Member Posts: 11
    was it automatic or manual, cuz my dealer was telling me toyota hasnt produced any azure pearl automatic so far and the wait time is about 6 - 12 weeks
  • phindiasphindias Member Posts: 11
    I've checked with every dealer around where I live, and none have on the lot (or have been allocated) the color I want (azure pearl with auto and side airbags). Just wondering if there is a possibility that some dealer might get this car faster than others. Otherwise I'll just place an order at the dealer that's closest to me. Also does anyone have an idea how long the wait time is going to be.
  • nachonacho Member Posts: 5
    I have read the standard features on Edmunds, but want to know a couple of things. Is keyless entry standard for the tC? I doubt if floor mats are standard, but did anyone get them tossed in for free. Is the upgraded security system worth getting or is Lojack a better avenue or nothing at all? Did anyone get a deal on tint through their Scion dealer or did anyone get tinting for free?

Finally, I have a '98 A4 that I want to trade in. It is in excellent shape with low mile except for a short in the gauge cliuster ($1K to fix according to the Audi dealership) and a cracked gas tank ($2K to replace). I've never traded a car in....is it better to sell to a private party as is or to sell to a dealership and are the dealerships anal when giving you a trade in value? Thank you
  • just_mejust_me Member Posts: 2
    If you visit scion.com it will tell you everything that is standard. Floor mats are not but it does have keyless entry along w/numberous standards that aren't usually offered for base models. The standard options are quite impressive! And no I didn't get anything free...except for the Toyota college grad program they have right now!
    Always check incentives! I paid $199 for mt dark tint and it is guarateed for the life of the car as long as I own it! :)

Dealerships usually offer $2000 or more below what you could get sell your car as a private seller. If I were you, go to the dealership and see how much they will give, if it is acceptable to go- take it, if not try to sell it on cars.com or other sites and see if you can get someone else to take it while you are waiting for your car to come in. You can check on KBB.com to see what your asking price should be around. The part you have to factor in weighing on what you should do is, that if you tradein your car, that portion is NOT taxed. So if your only private selling it for a couple hundred more, then its not worth it.
  • just_mejust_me Member Posts: 2
    I ordered mine azure pearl automatic the day you posted this and I should have it the first week of November...if that helps you out!
  • nachonacho Member Posts: 5
    thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate your help
  • mike117mike117 Member Posts: 1
    i bought mine from galaxy toyota/scion in eatontown nj and had a good experience overall. the first day i went in someone came to me while i was looking around (: ( at toyotas cuz they had no scions) and asked if i needed help, which i said i did. even when i told the dealer i was 19 and didn't have much of a credit history, but wanted to buy a scion, he was incredibly helpful. he explained pure pricing to me like this- scion sets a "menu' of prices and the dealers have to charge that. he also told me that for any other information could be garnered from the web site. he did a quick glimpse at my credit report and told me i would be able to finance a purchase without a co-signer. i wanted an xb but there was a 12 week wait, and the dealer told me that they would have 2 auto xas and 2 auto tcs in next week. i decided on the xa and then told him i wanted a day to think about everything, to which he was greatly receptive. i didn't have to commit to anything, sign anything, or pay for anything (even the credit check.)

i called the next morning and told him that i changed my mind, i wanted to go with the tc in silver, and that i would be in at 5 with a down payment.

so i got there, he went over the price with me, and it actually came out to be almost exactly what was on the website. i arugued that i really wanted the tc but the xa was much more affordable (based on the projected credit check) and i basically asked him if he could adjust the apr on the tc so that the total and payments would be equal to the xa. so he did my official credit check (which added $15 to the total, which isn't too bad for a credit check) and did it. i also refused to buy the car when i read that the deposit (in my case $2000) isn't refundable, after which he modified the contract and wrote refundable and initialed it. so i was very happy and satisified.

then the only not so kosher thing occured... after i signed everything the time frame changed to "we expect it in next week, but it would be in by the end of october (roughly 3 weeks) at the latest."

i forgot to mention as well- he didn't really ask me if i wanted any of the options or accesories. which i didn't plan on getting, but still, if he'd given me totals with and without i might have got some.

and that kind of pissed me off. but we'll see what happens.

overall it was a really easy and happy experience and i would def. buy another car from them when the time comes. now i just have to get the car and spend the next, oh, 5 or 6 years paying for it lol.

btw- brand new 2006 tc, auto, standard features, classic metallic silver.

i'll post updates when i have them!
  • ias537ias537 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I just wanted to know if you ever did get choose to get trade in or privately sell your Audi. I am actually in the same delima right now. I am planning on selling my '98 Audi for a Scion TC. Are you happy with your change of vehicle? Maintenace on the Audi is just killing me, and that is why I made my decision. Thanks for your help!
  • mikey432mikey432 Member Posts: 9
    I have a simple question that I can't seem to find an explicit answer to on this board.

Has anyone personally been able to buy a new Scion at less than sticker price? If so, what was the price you paid, what were the circumstances, and where did you buy your car?

It seems dealerships are really sticking to their "no haggling" policy, even though it's clear they have the power to set their own prices (as explained at http://www.scion.com/showroom/tc/pricing/). Still, I'm
    looking to see if there's any room for negotiation at all, or if I'm stuck with the price on the window.

Many thanks in advance.
  • axiomowneraxiomowner Member Posts: 76
    The dealership must charge every customer the same price. But, they aren't required to stay with the sticker price.
  • harrybush00harrybush00 Member Posts: 76
    Why is this such a good thing? I just don't understand this gimmick played by Scion and Saturn. It just seems like an excuse for the dealers and manufacturers to set a price and force everyone to pay it. In the end, it's the dealers making the fat cash on us consumers on a bunch of low-end cars. Maybe it's everyone being afraid their friends and neighbors will get a better deal than they did, but come on people, is it better to hand over $$ to the dealers for basically setting up a lame pricing scheme so they don't have to do any work?
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    It seems to me they do everything that all other car dealers do, other than haggle with customers and potential customers...which many customers don't like to do anyway. I can appreciate why tough negotiators (as well as some buyers who don't feel good about a purchase unless they believe they are getting "a deal") don't like this system. But besides simplifying the buying process, the beauty of it is that it makes it so much easier to judge the value of the car, because you know what it's going to cost before you ever set foot in the dealership. If you didn't think it would provide value at its MSRP before you decided to go, you wouldn't bother, and you only need the test drive to confirm what you thought going in.

The tC is still in pretty short supply - which admittedly may be somewhat intentional on Toyota's part - but it does show that many buyers do like the car and the buying process. As with any other product, if you don't like the product or don't think it's worth it, you can always say no.
  • tonylexustonylexus Member Posts: 94
    Do you walk into a department store and "bargain" on the price of a sport coat - knowing that you are getting "ripped off" by an over 100% mark-up? or a sofa, shoes, etc.?

Why should a vehicle be any different. Personally, I am miffed by the fact that everyone through the door gets a different price based on the time of month, if the dealer has reached his quota, the mood of the sales manager, etc. How fair is that?

If you do not find the "no haggle" price to be fair then move on or look for a used car that you can play the bargaining game with. Do you really believe the dealer is "giving" you somthing when they budge on the sticker price? And how do you feel when you find out that your sale made the quota and the next guy thru the door gets the same vehicle for a few hundred dollars less?

Enough with the games. Make a quality vehicle, price it fairly and let the chips fall.
  • lildevil2o0olildevil2o0o Member Posts: 1
    I ordered my Tc November 5th and the dealer said that it should be in no later than 12 weeks. we are approaching 12 weeks and its still not here. And the dealer told me to call him back yesterday or today and i did, and he hasnt returned my calls...im getting very anoyed and i think i may get a diffrent car since my other car is sold bc i thought the tc would be in...so now i dont have a car and i dont even know when the tc will be in...any one have a similar experience?
  • JBaumgartJBaumgart Member Posts: 890
    No, but I would ask the dealer if he has a car you can use while you wait. That should speed things up a little...
  • justnappyjustnappy Member Posts: 1
    I'm having a similar issue. I ordered my TC on January 2nd (Flint Mica, Manual, Side Curtain Airbags, & a Pedastal Spoiler). I was told since I didn't want a TC from another dealer I'd have to wait, which I didn't have a problem with. The following week the salesman called & said they couldn't get the car I wanted & asked if I wanted to change any options or wait until the next shipment of cars were delivered. I told him I'd wait. 2 weeks later the salesman called & gave me the same story. Again I said I'd wait. I should hear something again next week. In the meantime I sent Scion an e-mail questioning their "Customized to your specifications" line in their brochure & received a generic reply that the cars are in demand & I may have to wait 12 weeks. I'm not confident that I will ever get my TC since it seems that I have to keep my fingers crossed that a TC will be delivered that meets my criteria & if it doesn't then I'm out of luck.
  • jimveejimvee Member Posts: 11
    My daughter wants the LED tail lights by TYC as shown on the Scion web site, however, when we try to build our car on-line, they don't show up as an option. When we went to the dealer, the salesman used the same website we did, so of course he couldn't add them either and no one there seemed to know the answer. Does anyone know how to get them? Even Scion answer line couldn't give any useful info.

Only tacky buying experience so far has been that the dealer claims we have to buy a $699 Southeast Toyota Dealers "protection package." Includes a "free first oil change"...gee, I wonder if that is in addition to the THREE free ones we get from Scion! Ha.

We ordered the car on Feb 25 and were told that delivery would be around March 10th. From looking at posts here, I'm wondering it that is realistic.

Let me know if anyone knows anything about the tail lights. Thanks.
  • balderdash1balderdash1 Member Posts: 2
    Be very careful about the sticker price. Most of the dealers markup the sticker price by adding extra equipments at the dealer. If you try to order the factory standard model with factory MSRP, they WILL give you the run around. Basically, they want to sell the car on the lot with the sticker price setup by the dealer. Since, you can't negotiate the price, you are out of luck.

This so called pure pricing is total bull..t. How can you call it a pure pricing if the dealer adds extra equipments to raise the price. Don't you think, these scam artists should stick to the factory model and stick to the factory MSRP. Please don't add extras at the dealership and call it a pure pricing policy.
    Unless I'm mistaken, pure price means they must charge the same price for the same equipment to everyone. As long as the add-ons are the same for everyone, I think they're complying with policy.

It seems this dealer is cashing in on the very profitable personalization options. This is a hot car in somewhat short supply and they know it. If they won't order/deliver a base model, go somewhere else. Let your money do the walking to a dealer who wants it.
  • ashergnsashergns Member Posts: 1
    http://www.brandsport.com/toy-pts25-21050.html

Check out that website, they sell the tail lights.

Also, I ordered my car and it came in 4 days later.
  • jimveejimvee Member Posts: 11
    Thanks!
  • barry45rpmbarry45rpm Member Posts: 98
    I've been doing a lot of shopping for a car for my college graduating kid. Been looking at the New Honda Civic Coupe, Accord Coupe, Mitsubishi Eclipse and the Scion tC. The tC looks to be a great value/fun to drive car that's priced right & offers a lot of customization options. My question is this... Is the tC a "Boy's" car or a "Girl's" car... who is buying them? What sex is the principal driver?

When I was 21, all the Chevy Camaros were driven by Guys, and all the Pontiac Firebirds were driven by the Girls... Same cars different demographics!

Any Ideas?
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    Release Series 1.0 in Absolutely Red today and it was definitely not totally a men's car and definitely not totally a women's car. It was sporty and peppy and fun to drive, however. Just a bit over-priced at $22,995.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• barry45rpmbarry45rpm Member Posts: 98
    Good for a "sort of" conservative guy in his 20's?
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    the 2005 Scion tC RS 1.0 is a really sporty looking rig. Actually, for the $22,995 I think it would actually be worth it because you get so much car for that. Really tightly put together and really fun to drive. Steering did not wander on the expressway-it would be a comfortable touring car.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• conscons Member Posts: 1
    Been reading around on edmunds for a while, buying my first car from a dealer, I live in Michigan, and while I've read up alot on this site of what to expect (i've been there once before to check it out and stuff, but going back to buy this time), is there any big fee's or anything else i should be looking out for when sealing the deal? thanks in advance i hope :)
  • dragonsbumdragonsbum Member Posts: 2
    i got an in-person quote of $17,844 ($18,995 internet price) on a gray 05 tc automatic with 7500 miles, fog lights, spoiler, and security system. does this sound like a good price? or should i just get an 06 with only a spoiler? i have been mulling this over since thursday and changed my mind 18 times.
    $17,844 is around what you'd pay for a new '06 auto. (w/out the extras). But, the '06 has steering wheel mounted radio controls and the stereo seems to have better designed knob controls (my 05 just has buttons) and ipod connectivity. If you don't care about that, and you are going to buy the extras anyway, it might be an OK deal. Compare how much it would be to add the extras to a new one and see if the difference decides for you. Or, if you just like another color better.

I've been reading that tC's have been fetching high resale amounts. They don't sit around long. You're post basically adds to it.
  • toddartoddar Member Posts: 10
    If anyone out there has purchased a Scion Tc with an automatic transmission lately and can give me some real pricing information, I would appreciate it immensely. The only options we would want are the side air bags (me) and the Ipod conectivity setup (her).

I am looking with my daughter and she has it down this and the Honda Civic LX Coupe Tc. Both cars are in high demand. I have done for myself and others on previous car purchases and it seems to bare pretty great fruit. I know there is this "same price to all" policy, but perhaps some dealership is attempting to sell them more aggressively even though they are in relatively short supply. Also, we are having problems determining if there is really much savings in buying a used (2005 or 2006) model given the demand. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! :P
  • harrybush00harrybush00 Member Posts: 76
    I'm looking to buy a tC perhaps by the end of May in the bay area. Is the wait for these cars typically long? I've heard that Scion dealers dont usually have them in stock. Are dealers pretty good about selling a car with only the options that I actually want? What are your experience?

I'm a bit concerned about the gas mileage and still contemplating whether I should go with the manual or the auto (this will be a commuter car over the bay bridge).
  • rjw1rjw1 Member Posts: 4
    I was told when requesting the details of a 36 mo lease at 15,000 mi/year that the best money factor for Scion's highest/preferred customer is .00295. This seems high to me. Is this true? If so, why is it this high?
  • comets8518comets8518 Member Posts: 3
    I was deciding btw a mazda3 and the Tc. Last friday I chose the Tc and being in a rush because I'm loaning another car the dealer said they could get a white one by wednesday. That was great bc all the other dealerships said they couldn't for 2-3 weeks.

I got 5% from my bank which scion said they could match. I also am getting a college grad $400 rebate.

Got a call today (2 days early) to say my car was ready for pick up, to come and pay and drive away. I got told to go talk with finance, pay and then my car would be off the truck and out of detailing.

After waiting for finance for 30 minutes it was time. Once in finance it all changed. They wouldn't match the 5% because I was getting the college grad (the saleman said that would be no problem) and also I might not qualify for college grad. The finance guy wanted my trancripts and pay stubs from my job, which I said I could show him on any computer. He was basically just not paying attention and I got aggrevated.

Then he got into the extended warranty. I told him no, he kept going on, I said no again, and on he went. He even started telling me about all the bad stuff that WILL probably happen with my brand new car. Electrical system failure, damaged rims, etc. I said no and got really aggrevated. He stopped pushing it. At this time I didn't confident in the quality of my new car or in teh scion buying experience.

Finished paying and went back to the saleman who said my car was still in line to get detailed and he would drop it off at my house at 5ish (it was about 3pm). I told him that the finance guy almost lost his sale for being rude.

I left with a sour feeling.

Went back and told my father about the experience and we ended with a meeting with the toyota GM. Said he review my finance tape and that I was hostile from minute 1. It took some aggrevation to get me hostile, i'm a very relaxed person.
    Explained what happend and that I still didn't have my car and it wasn't a smooth experience. He said he would go get my car. He never came back, instead the scion sales manager came into tell me the problem.

My car WASN'T there. It never was. I even got a phone call at 4;45 from the salesman while I was on my way to the meeting with GM to say my car still wasnt detailed and that they would put my tint on and give it to me in the morning.

As you can see there was a lot of misinformation. I do not think it was lies but instead convient ignorance (e.g. the computer said my car was instock but no one bothered to actually check the truck.)

The car will hopefully be here tomorrow and I can pick it up. I'm seriously thinking about cancelling and going with the Mazda3.

-Whats the point (is it worth) of the $1200 extended warranty on a Brand new car.

-why is the finance department always the worst place.

-my first new car buying experience completely soured, and they wonder why people start off hostile.

-the experience up until today was by far the best car buying experience to date. While pure pricing can be bad, when their prices are reasonable it makes it a pleasant experience.
    -thanks for letting me rant if you actually read the whole thing, its probably pretty broken English (sorry any teachers.)

-someone please reassure me that I'm making the right decision staying with the scion and not going for the mazda
  • comets8518comets8518 Member Posts: 3
    If you read my above post, you need to know that was the 3rd scion dealership I went to.

I wanted a tc manual in white, silver, or azure pearl. With no options added. The first dealerships quoted me 2-4 weeks depending on my flexiblity.

The 3rd dealership (scion of dallas) said they were the top seller in the area and could get cars quicker. They said within a week. I decided friday I wanted the car, they called me 3 hours later to say they could get a white one by the following wednesday the latest. It had ipod and mats added on (not what I wanted which they conviently forgot to mention.)

to Sum up my long windedness; It depends on the dealership and whats already on its way to your area and how much of its not sold. I recommend checking all the dealerships in your area and if your flexible you should be able to get one fairly quickly.

good luck and I hope your experience is better than mine
  • toyojotoyojo Member Posts: 8
    "Whats the point (is it worth) of the $1200 extended warranty on a Brand new car."

Because in a few years, with a few thousand miles, the car won't be new anymore, and you will be out of standard warranty.
  • jaxbossjaxboss Member Posts: 13
    21000 otd with an 88 celica trade in and zero down.
  • jano1jano1 Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys,
    I want to buy a TC, is there anyone that would like to share their experience and give me some advice on the process...

Anyone successfully bought it for less then advertised?
    Any deals? As of now I only know that there is the $400 rebate.

How about certified pre-owned (6-year warranty?)

How about getting a used one? - prices are not much lower
    but the miles are sure more than 0

Cheers,
    Jano

I can shop in PA and MA.
  • eddpeddp Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I purchased a new tC from Romano Toyota Scion in Syracuse NY.
    There were no discounts and the price was sticker price. I probably could have done a bit better on the tradein by selling outright, but the trade was a POS and I really didn't want to deal with it.
    The sales team at Romano was excellent. And Roland Sanchez was easy going, no pressure, happy to take the time for a long test drive. Paper work issues on my tradein pushed the deal out a couple of days and they were more sympathetic than worried about closing the deal.
    The only issue that I had was the shop installed the mudflaps without my authorization, I would have done it myself instead of pay for such a simple job, but the salesman knocked the install fees off the bill. So not much other than list price, but a little bit that was appreciated.
    I'd been shopping for a few months and chose the Scion over the four cylinder model Mitsu Eclipse and Hyunda Tiburon as the Scion was quieter and seemed solider than those two.
    I've had the ride for about 2000 miles now and absolutely nothing has gone wrong. The car gets funner to drive every day. The only down side is the seat, while supportive, is uncomfortable on long highway trips. (Keeping my Impala for highway cruising.)
    I definitely recommend Romano Scion and the tC. :)
  • tsarstevetsarsteve Member Posts: 1
    I'm thinking about leasing a manual tc, no options added. What am I looking at in terms of monthly payments with roughly $2,000 down? Credit score 710.
  • de77de77 Member Posts: 40
    You do not need to wear a wire.....If you bought a used car they should have made you a sign a paper saying that the vehicle had been previously titled. There are also numerous places throughout the paperwork where the saleman has to check off whether the car is new or used.You must have signed all of those papers- check through them and then go make your point. A demo is considered a new car because it has never been titled. Double check before you go!
  • jampanisjampanis Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I got my new Scion TC last month and I love it as much as you all do. I was talking to my Dealer(Service tech) today about this auto doorlocking system which is the most common feature even in the basic cars and which is not in Scion TC. I mean when we shift the gear, the doors should get locked automatically right!!! which does not happen with TC which I am not able to digest. Is it really true or do we need to do something to get it activated?
    Thanks.
  • jeepboy08jeepboy08 Member Posts: 49
    I am thinking about buying my son a scion tC, but I have no idea what to expect.

Have any tips, tricks, things to watch out for?

Anything helps!
  • jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    The only other "No dicker" nameplate (Saturn) had that go out the window years ago. Rebates etc... How long or if Scion can hold this up (they are old hat now) is open to question. I have seen them advertised under list already. In any event one would want list with a minimum (zero) of documentation and ad fees. Many dealers may have more flexiblilty in add ons. So a list deal with about 1000-2000 (list price installed) of dealer add ons (flaps,floor mats,lights spoilers etc) thrown in would be very good as the Scion (18800 for a top line auto?) is overpriced.

--jjf

I am thinking about buying my son a scion tC, but I have no idea what to expect.

Have any tips, tricks, things to watch out for?

Anything helps!
This discussion has been closed.