Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 BMW X5

Comments

• collegegirlcollegegirl Member Posts: 1
    Why are they making the X5 bigger?? What happened to the whole "sporty" concept behind it...they're putting it into the realm of a "family" car or a "mom" car...ish. Anyway, I have a 2004 optioned out 4.4i that I wanna sell by the end of the year, but I'm wondering if anybody has any idea of whether selling it right when the new 2007 model is released would be a bad idea? Should I sell it earlier or is it ok for me to wait until the end of the year? Thanks.
  • koketokoketo Member Posts: 8
    BMW Says Diesels Coming to U.S.

"BMW will add diesel-engine options to some of its vehicles in its U.S. lineup, with the first likely to be a diesel-powered SUV due on the market in 2007. Burkhard Goeschel, board member for research and development, told audiences at the SAE World Congress in Detroit that the company is actively planning for a 2007 launch despite the toughening of diesel-particulate emissions rules in that year. Automotive News reports that almost one-half of all BMWs sold in Europe are diesels, a penetration rate on par with all automakers on the continent. New rules for the amount of sulfur in diesel fuel take effect later in the decade in the U.S., as do new rules for emissions allowed from the engines, but Goeschel told audiences that meeting the new regulations would not be an issue."
  • lexus460llexus460l Member Posts: 51
    Go to yahoo search and type in 2007 bMW X5 picures and click on the 8th search and there will be unmaked photos of the BMW X5
  • popeyedotpopeyedot Member Posts: 3

Like this picture?
  • lexus460llexus460l Member Posts: 51
    make sure u scroll down so u can see it
  • autoboy16autoboy16 Member Posts: 992
    The next X5 may have the 3rd row of seats as an option but its a fact that the upcoming X7 will have them. I saw a photo somewhere on the internet of the x7 and it looks minivan/wagon like to steals sales from the Mercedes r class :) .
  • thompjbrthompjbr Member Posts: 11
    Have an '03 X5 3.0. It's been great. Have two kids and 1 wife...anyway...it would be nice from time-to-time to have more room for two more people. The kids have Recaro Start car seats and they take up a lot of room. Just a little bigger would be nice. I have a great relationship with our dealer and heard today that they may be putting the new 310hp inline 6 in the 07 X5. Same motor which will be in the new 335I/XI.
    Drove a 330XI over the past few days. Nice chassis and motor. Also drove the 530XI Wagon also nice but very expensive. I agree that an X7 would be nice especially for towing/boating/camping. X5 pulls ok.">
    Wayne
    Mercedes R Class.....oh...you mean the Chrysler Pacifica! What a joke Benz has become. BMW has stuck to core values and hopefully continue to do what they think is right! No branding of others.

Wayne
    I am a HUGE BMW fan. I have owned 6 in the last 10 years. It's about the the complete driving package and dynamics. The X5/X7 should be a bit larger and must have a 3rd row option. I use the X5 to tow motorcyles, camper, boats and go off-road to hunt and shoot. I have needed an optional 3rd row hundreds of times. If I didn't tow or go off road, I'd use my 330XI or a wagon as I prefer being closer to the ground. I agree that many people never use the X5 off road at all, let alone tow something. Without a doubt it should be an option. I drive about 55-60k miles per year.

Wayne
  • bornoborno Member Posts: 77
    need x5 type vehicle to tow with this summer, own 01M3Cic, which is incredible, wife drives 04 sienna, 3rd winter car is an audi a6Q 2.7t 6sp., also a blast. audi has to go, thinking to let m3 go, and lease current x5 two years til new body is available? also thinking hold on to m3, and lease f150 for two years then make the two for one switch for the new body x5, any ideas r appreciated. what does any one think of the new audi Q7 compared to the current/future X5??
    what are you towing and where do you live/elevation?
  • bornoborno Member Posts: 77
    live in new england, am towing 5500lb. boat, although only from storage lot to dock, could probably sqeak by w/5000lb. tow capacity vehicle and keep M3, but need to consider all options...thanks
    that's pushing it for the current X5 and even many other SUV's of this class. I pulled a 3500# boat with my 3.0 X5 in Colorado. It did great except over large mountain passes. My major concern with your situation would be a tandem axle trailer vs single axle and GREAT trailer brakes, preferably electric and not surge activated. The Porsche Cayenne has pretty good GVWR capacities if my memory serves me correctly. As far as the X5 goes, I would certainly recommend the 4.4I vs 3.0 for your situation. The X5 towing kit comes with all the relays and such to integrate the brake situation and it really connects nicely to the frame/body of the X5. It is really solid as I installed my own on my X5. The Porsche Cayenne is a completely different story as I was told that NOT adding the towing hitch assembly when ordering it from the factory would cost you $2.5-3K to put it on afterwards. Apparently it is a complete pain in the butt to add on aftermarket.
  • jinpowerjinpower Member Posts: 17
    Has anyone heard what the pricing might be like on the new 2007 X5? I am considering buying a Range Rover Sport but my brain is telling me to wait and see what the new X5 will look like since I am a huge BMW fan. Thanks.
  • ty39ty39 Member Posts: 23
    I agree. I always enjoyed driving my '03 X5. However; on long trips when we needed to haul 'stuff'...we used our MDX...driving the MDX is not like driving the X5; so I'm looking forward to seeing the new X5...if space is close to MDX , I'll probably buy/lease one.
  • acbrbmwacbrbmw Member Posts: 19
  • acbrbmwacbrbmw Member Posts: 19
    THE 2007 X5 IS SET TO COME OUT IN OCTOBER OR NOVEMBER. THAT MEANS THAT BMW WILL BE RELEASING INFO AND PICTURES ON THE 2007 IN LATE JUNE. EXPECT BMW TO RELEASE PRICING AND ORDERING INFO IN AUGUST TO YOUR DEALER
  • tpjcourtneytpjcourtney Member Posts: 34
    Here are the first pics I've seen with only black tape hiding the important stuff.
    http://www.x5world.com/x5-e70-forum/15090-new-pics-e70.html
  • daves1daves1 Member Posts: 5
    Are they going to eliminate the 4.4L? Is the X7 coming out at the same time?
  • koketokoketo Member Posts: 8
    i hope you like , as much i do to me ! here it goooo

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/06/04/more-spy-shots-new-bmw-x5/
  • teamyonexteamyonex Member Posts: 42
    I'm interested in pricing as well. The 4.4i should be going to a 4.8 liter (5.0i), 360 HP engine. When the 7-series went from the 745i to the 750i (4.4L to 4.8L) the price jump was 2.6% When looking at X5 specifically, when the 4.6is went to the 4.8is, the price jump was more like 4.5%, so I'd expect to see that when the 4.8is goes to the 5.4is
  • yaya4yaya4 Member Posts: 4
    I completely agree, not a fan of the X3.
    Theres no1 to brand but mini...
  • bmwx6bmwx6 Member Posts: 1
    Just saw the spy shots and now I won't have to wait for the new model. I love my current X5, but the new one lost it's sex appeal. Can't imagin how they're going to make the 4.8 look hot. BMW didn't do this car any justice, although I realize they have to compete with the three seaters.
  • quattroporte12quattroporte12 Member Posts: 178
    wasnt this car supposed to offer a third row to compete with the (awesome) audi q7? it looks kind of small in the pictures.
  • bosi77bosi77 Member Posts: 37
    What will the front end look like? I have seen many interpretations of the front end.

Thats the X7 SUV bmw is building. IT is the X version of the 7 sedan (x3 made by 3, x5 made by 5, X7 what else is there? :confuse: ;) )

It has 3 rows of seats, and is much bigger that a x5. Try googling BMW X7 and you'll se alot of stuff
    All that is on google are photoshoped pictures of Bmw x5's with 7-series style headlights on them that have been around for 2 or 3 years. Personally, i do not think there will ever be a bmw x7.
  • sp5183sp5183 Member Posts: 5
    BMW IS making an X7 and it is comparable to the size of a Chevy Suburban. I know this because I work for BMW.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Welcome! And feel free to start a discussion about the X7.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• mrickeymrickey Member Posts: 2
    Well that's pretty large. If this is true, then the x5 will no longer be a cross-over vehicle, but a true SUV (sorry SAV!) I am very curious, I just bought a 20006 x5 and I absolutely love it. However, I will be slightly dissapointed when the new x5 comes out and I'll be driving the "old version"...
    They are making an X7 the size of a Chevy Suburban??? :confuse: Very hard to believe. I would have thought more along the lines of a Audi Q7 or Mercedes GL???? When is this "x7" supposed to arrive?????? And do you have any idea about the pricing on it???
    They are talking of a release in 2008...right now that's not in stone, but it's in the works. Also, probably look for a price in the 80,000 range.
    UHH.....80 grand.... If thats the price, the vehicle will not sell. For 30,000 less you could drive a Mercedes GL or Audi Q7!!!! Plus im sure it will have BMW's I-DRIVE which will turn a few people away. I think a better soulution would be to just stretch the X5 to Audi Q7 or GL dimensions and not have an X7. BMW is making a mistake.
    See, the thing is, $80,000 is reasonable because the X5 is at least 50. Besides, the mercedes and audi are horrible. BMW has the top technology of any car company in the world. For example, Infiniti came out with their park assist program to help you parallel park. BMW has had that technology and it making it perfect instead of coming up with something and rushing it to the market. BMW has the park assist technology with the Mini Cooper where you pull up to the car in front of the spot, press the park assist button, it calculates the size of the opening and the distance to the curb, and it pulls itself into the spot. Also, I don't see why people have a problem with the I-drive. If they read the manual, they'd have no problem what-so-ever. People just can't understand good technology. That's why BMW is the #1 car company in the world and Mercedes is #5.
  • tomtomtomtomtomtom Member Posts: 491
    or here: http://www.automobilismo.it

Judging from those exterior pics, not sure how they can fit that 3rd row in there.
  • hikershikers Member Posts: 10
    OMG. That's gorgeous! I love it! How much more are they gonna charge?
  • xchicagoan5xchicagoan5 Member Posts: 46
    As a previous owner of a 2000 X5 4.4i I can say it was one of the most pleasing vehicles I ever owned. Fast, yet quiet. We had two kids and it was extremely functional. It performed better and better as the years and miles grew on. I definitely got better gas mileage once the engine got past 30K miles.

When I got it, it was in the 1st year of production. I had very few problems with the vehicle. After 60K, all I had to do was replace tires and brakes. If they can do the same with the new version, I will be in line to get one. I am waiting for the GL320 CDI. If BMW comes out with an I6 (with average gas mileage and performance) or a CDI I6, I will definitely consider it, especially since it has the third row of seats. IMHO, I think it looks cool. Most vehicles with the 3rd row seat look long and portly. BMW seems to have made room for it without making the vehicle look too long. Hopefully, they won't compromise performance either.
    Anothter vehicle you should consider is the Audi Q7. IMO, it looks amazing. The new x5 is definetly a worthy competitor of it though...
    I have seen some of your other posts. I saw the Q7 at the Chicago Auto Show back in February. I have owned several Audis. I am low on the Q7 because the third row is so small. I have an LR3 today and I can comfortably sit in the third row - 6'1". I have seen the new X5 back seat. It doesn't seem to be as good as the LR3 since the specs say someone up to 5'6" can sit comfortably. The goal is for my son and his friends to be able to sit comfortably for trips aroud town. Because of this, we have ruled out the Escalade/Tahoe (3rd row still sits on the floor)and Volvo XC90 - to small in the back and are waiting for the GL320 CDI and now the new X5. I would also consider the Enclave/Acadia based on the pics I've seen. If BMW can keep the price relatively competitive with the I6 engine, then this might be another option to the GL. I am not looking for a speed burner SUV, but something functional and comfortable with OK gas mileage.
    I do agree with you. Most SUVs have terrible 3rd row seats. I myself am not a fan of the BMW SAV line because I'm just a car and truck person, not SUVs. BMW has the most efficient I6 motor in the world and it does get excellent mileage. From the looks of things, if I were to get an SUV, I would probably go with the Land Rover. They have the styling and all right and BMW hasn't been in that market very long. Also, with Ford going downhill, they might be selling Land Rover and BMW might pick it up and drop the SAVs. Lastly, I also have problems sitting in back rows because I'm 6'4" and I would much rather be driving than riding!
    I just want to tell you now that BMW will not be making any more diesel models. They are strictly producing gas engines and improving on the engine efficiency. Also, look for hydrogen down the road in about 15-20 years. They are perfecting a full-on hydrogen car. Don't worry, hydrogen is less explosive than gasoline because the hydrogen fumes dissipate faster than gasoline. Tests have shown that a gasoline leak in the trunk with scortch the whole car, wheras a hydrogen leak in the trunk only raises the interior temp 1 to 2 degrees Celcius and does not burn the interior at all. In fact, the car does not even have to be put out. It puts itself out.
  • webfoot1webfoot1 Member Posts: 1
    I do not think BMW would buy Land Rover as they are the ones that sold it to Ford. The rear seats are really for 5'6" or under. By the way the JD Powers ranking has Land Rover with the highest number of problems per 100 cars produced and by far. Saab was second and of course Lexus had the lowest. BMW was 9th. I am looking the the new 2007 x5 or new 2007 MDX both still not released.
    As a current LR3 owner, I would STRONGLY discourage you against getting the LR3. Land Rover consistently ranks at the bottom of quality studies. We have an LR3 and it is in the shop right now. It was in the shop 3 weeks ago and before that it was in the shop. Since we've had the vehicle, there hasn't been 60 days where it hasn't been in the shop for something. My wife and I were talking today. Our favorite vehicles were our 2003 Lexus GX470 and the BMW X5. For me the X5 was the best combination of power and comfort in a "truck". For my wife, the Lexus was smooth, but too small - which led to the LR3. We had very few problems with the GX. Like I said, if BMW can get it right with the next X5, I would go that way again.
  • ivan_99ivan_99 Member Posts: 1,681
    Not sure if this was already posted

x5
This discussion has been closed.