Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Suzuki Grand Vitara 2006 through 2008

Comments

• norwoodsmnnorwoodsmn Member Posts: 168
    Stand alone, wow, what a move forward for Suzuki to intro a new vehicle like the '07 XL-7! Assuming that is, one thinks producing a knock off version of any GM vehicle, today, (think Chev Equinox), is really the best thing to do. But of couse it had to have been penned well before Suzuki and GM's divorce went thru, right? So, a marriage made in heaven, that produced this trendy clone? I wouldn't buy stock in the company based on any such assumptions.

Further, now we've got this new expensive [non] off road capable rig there alongside it's loaded to the leather gills new GV sibling with it's low profile tires designed for the bush, and thanks to where all those new product development dollars went, we're left with no basic tough economical 4wd model available in Suzuki's lineup anymore. I guess I'm the only one out here who just quite get it....

The SX4 could become Suzuki's bread and butter rig. Looks like alot of fun. Just like the new GV, lots of folks should buy one long before it's reliability, (or the reliability of Suzuki's in general), is known [to them]. But if I was in the market for such a vehicle, I'd be clearly tempted myself. Just wish it had a bit longer chassis giving it some cargo room back there behind the back seat.

Good luck dodging the hurricanes this season. Four inches of snow on local mtns. last night. Deer down low on a fave backroad today.

Regards, nwdsmn.
    And further, not wishing to appear perpetually grumpy, just dug very deep into cyberspace to find a Japan auto news source suggesting Suzuki is "mulling over" the idea of offering a hybrid engined version of the new GV by 2010.

To xostnot: what was your source re: the low range and manual trannie being offered on "lesser" '07 GV's? Just would like to see it out there for myself. Thanks. Further, good comments there about after market mods to make it more of a well equipped off road vehicle. But why should "we" have to do this, vs. being able to spec one out on an order form? To say nothing of why you should have to retro fit sound deadening materials in the floor and wheel well areas..... Love/angst.

nwdsmn.
  • xostnotxostnot Member Posts: 232
    Well, the sound deadening would make it more expensive, heavier and so worse on gas if the factory did it, which would push it farther from the chosen market niche. But they could at least have so treated the JLX-L, instead of some of the silly things they put on it.

Over at suzuki-forums.com the '07 GV's have been discussed. One fellow has ordered or taken delivery of a JX or JLX with 5-spd and low range. I looked at the Canadian specs somewhere, which verified the claims. However, the specs seemed incomplete, since only three colors were offered at the time I checked.

You COULD get a Jimny if you wanted one badly enough. It might not be much trouble to get one, since there's a fellow in Vancouver making his living importing things like Nissan Skylines and diesel 4Runners (which are called something else, but I can't recall the name at the moment). Probably you'd have to settle for right-hand drive, but thanks to this guy, right-hand drives are becoming more common sights in Vancouver. If you aren't aware of the Jimny, it's a small, rugged 4x4 made by Suzuki, and sold in many parts of the world other than here.
  • autoboy16autoboy16 Member Posts: 992
    You know a hybrid just may work. The only prom is sill the engine tuning. It should be better tuned. The power bonus from the electric engine may be what the GV needs. Straight from the VUE.

NAAH!!

The diesel engine more than makes up for this and has the added benefit of more torque and greater highway mileage. The diesel is what suzuki needs. A v6 diesel is great. It can be used in the GV and the Xl-7!!! A 4cyl diesel is also good but the v6 will balance the MPG/ Power/ and Effiency thing. It will work good on ULSD.

-Cj :P
    Thanks for the info. Have seen the Jimny, but it appears to be Samurai sized, which is pretty small. Would probably spring for an '03-'04 XL-7 five seater instead, sans the diesel materializing in a new GV. Re: a hybrid, 2010 is hardly a lightening fast response in the direction of improved fuel economy, is it.... I'd expect SOMETHING else before then, like a bit more fuel efficient and powerful new V-6 before we see a hybrid, if at all. But again a diesel would be a superb match for a well O/R equipped GV.

Yes, maybe we need to custom build our vehicles? Seriously, my friend with the '00 Vitara is looking to upgrade engines in his cult classic VW Syncro Vanagon Camper. Seems for about $10,000.00!, a top line VW expert offering the service can fit a VW TDI diesel in there. Requires a bit of different gearing in the trannie too. Incredible mileage, long life, just a bit slower on the highway. The same source can even put a Subaru boxer engine in. It's supposed to be quick!

That brings to mind another vehicle niche that's certainly vacant today. Seems someone could clean up by making a VW Camper [like/sized] vehicle. Why not? They were great fun. Instead even the smallest van based rig has a gas hog engine, etc. Theres another vehicle I'd like to have... Suzuki, how about a smaller passenger van with a camper version? Seem to recall they made a show concept van a while back...

Nwdsmn.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Apparently this is a rebadged Suzuki Super Carry:

image (link)

Don't recall a concept one. Check out the Global Auto Index link from the Inside Line page; if you do a search there for Bodies > Microbus you'll stumble across some fun rigs.
  • kutyafalkutyafal Member Posts: 27
    Just to see what a stock GV can do I took my new 06 GV with 5000 miles on it on a pretty good off-road trail this weekend. It would be rated light to moderate as far as obstackles concerned but it was pretty steep so low range is a must or you won't make it up or you'll make it up with a burned clutch or tranny. Main issue was clearance of course. A little lift (2" already available), a little bigger off-road tires and some skid plating and it'll do a lot more! I only bent the thin shield that's over the cross-member bolts when I was distracted by the better half complaining that I will damage something... :confuse:

Took some pics mostly of the trail but of course they don't do it justice. Check them out here.
  • dave42nydave42ny Member Posts: 9
    Replying to #724 and #711
    I have the 2006 GV with Premium package; 4WD and the 5sp AT. I currently have 10K miles on it after six months. Anyway, original had all four tires rebalanced, rotated and a four wheel alignment (I was told that it was out-of-alignment). I went back to my Suzuki dealer this past Friday (09/22/2006). I explained that I was still experiencing the vibration (rumble) between 40-55mph under moderate to heavy acceleration; such as merging onto a highway. I had the dealer call American Suzuki explaining my reoccurring problem with the vibration/rumble, requesting them to check any TSB's or complaints. Later that afternoon I called my dealer back to see if they heard any word back from Suzuki. They recommended that the front drive-shaft be replaced. The part is currently on order and hopefully it will be shipped to my dealer within two weeks. As a side note, overall I am satisfied with my 2006 GV Zuki. I paid $18,900 for my vehicle after rebates and dealer discounts (tax, tags and DMV fees not included). My GV is averaging between 21.9 and 22.3 mpg. (For those who are looking for both speed/acceleration and MPG, try the Hayabusa 1300). I'll have an update within a month regarding the vibration. Regards, Dave M.
    Has anyone checked this out? The inspection and as-necessary adjustment of the valve lash (shimming) is apparently a reqired regular maintenance job that can run as high as $1300 reportedly. Every 23K miles. For the life of the vehicle... What's up with that?!? :mad:
  • vitara4mevitara4me Member Posts: 35
    I hope that you are joking on the shim issue. I have not seen shimmed valves since the old Volvo and Japanese motorcycle days. I have purchased "shim kits" in the past for my Volvo 240 Turbo, and I can tell you from experience that adjusting valves with shims is a royal pain in the asphalt. I have yet to pop the valve covers from my 2.7 and take a look. I'm too busy driving it! I really hope that Suzuki is not using shims in this day and age.

I was told by Suzuki of America (Orange County, California), that Suzuki engineers in Japan are studying the vibration issue and are working on a solution. Is this a true statement or just another dealer blowing smoke up my....? I don't know. We will see.

It would be nice that the vibration is something as simple as a re-designed front driveshaft.

Kind regards, Vitara4me....
    The more I hear about it the more confusing it gets. I guess we'll see when we get there. One dealer told me it's a 2.4 hr flat rate labor no matter what, another dealer said if there is no valve noise they won't even bother with the inspection and that it won't woid warranty.

Regarding the vibration I have one that I feel is related to engine resonance amplification at around 2800 RPM. I can put it in park and very slowly rev the engine up gradually and can hear a strong sympatetic resonance start around 2800 RPM up to around 3200 RPM. Right around 70-75 MPH. I get rid of it by going faster.. :)
  • jtown2829jtown2829 Member Posts: 2
    Well my Grand Vitara's on a overnight stay at the dealership. Problem with the ABS. Friday night I had the slam on the brakes and everything locked up. There I was going sideways down the road. No idiot lights or anything to let me know there was a problem. Dealer found a code had to call Suzuki to find out what it was. Something about steering control sensor has no power. They think with that the computer would turn off the ABS too. Now they have to trace everything down and figure out if that's the problem or not. So I have my fingers crossed. It has 10700 miles on it. I've had it almost a year now this is the first problem so it could be worst I guess.
    Thanks for taking the time to post those pics. Sounds like an outing similar ot one of "ours" with my 1st shiny new Zuke. Yes, that's the way God intended 'em to be used!

To XOSTNOT, yes have seen the updated 2007 Suzuki Canada website, and the welcome news about changes to the model lineup. Here our base model is the full time four wheel drive one with no low range. Now finally though, next up the ladder is one available with the manual 5 speed, and the low range feature! With all that standard content, at just about exactly the same price as an auto trannie equipped base
    [non] low range model, well there's certainly alot less to [non-permissible content removed] about, but for the crying need for new options under the hood, and how long term reliability plays out.

Today's local rag happened to feature a test of the new XL 7. To paraphrase one line, "there was nothing wrong with the Equinox that one couldn't fix". Hence, "a fixed Equinox". Of chief interst to usn's?, was info on the engine. The piece described how the base Equinox came with a 185hp Overhead Valve engine, vs. the XL's 3.6 DOHC mill. One, yes, (thanks again dclark2), which was reported [in the article] to have been well massaged by Suzuki Japan prior to putting it into the XL7quinox. Most astutely the author also indicated: "However, all that won't necessarily matter, as opposed to the buying public's reception of the idea of dropping that much coin for a Suzuki", (my words, again). It will be MOST iInteresting to see how that all plays out. Couldn't do worse for them than the oldie though. Saw a stat the other day that indicated average lot life, (how long it sat before being sold), was 245 days for the prior generation XL-7.
    Yikes!

What does some of this have to do with the new GV? It's under the hood. It seems that the new 3.6 liter XL 7 engine may represent a "fix" vs. what the General drops in there, (vs. "his own" V-6), in the Equinox? Sight unseen, Suzuki is probably due that accolade here.. So, dclark2's info on a 3.2 liter mill being developed in Japan, again seems to offer great promise, if it was put into say an 08' GV. Seems that time frame ought to be about right? Further, if they'd look at bringing in the Diesel to Canada on a trial marketing basis, ASAP, well then there would be very little to get crabby about.

Last point of interest here re: the XL 7 article, was a reference to disappointment re: interior materials not being of Honda/Toyota calibre. I'd expand on that general theme to again say if Suzuki is serious about moving WELL upmarket, that's the single most important factor they need to be looking at today, approaching Honda/Toyota in over all quality. Hey, guess what they all live there in the same hood, drink the same beer, etc., right? So...... So that issue will ultimately decide their future here in North America, I do believe. Ya just can't have it both ways. Build relatively Inexpensive, (A REAL VALUE!), but perhaps sometimes "quirky" vehicles, or, build them more like Toyota or Honda does.....

Stayin' tuned in, and best of luck with some of those hopefully ATYPICAL problems out there... FOUR WHEEL LOCK ABS? Lordie....

Nwdsmn.
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    Thought I would update everyone on my little ABS problem. Got the Zuki back from the dealer Tuesday evening. It ended up being 2 wires came off the connector for the steering control module. So when it lost power the computer shut everything ESP, ABS and Traction control off so I had nothin. Stuff like that happens the problem I have with it is no lights nothing to give me any warning. But all is good now they fixed the wires and made sure all the sensors were working. So hopefully no more fun rides. lol
  • jtown2829jtown2829 Member Posts: 2
    I talk to my service advisor about this when I picked my Grand Vitara up Tuesday night. He told me that it has to be done for the warranty. If there is a problem down the road Suzuki can use the fact that you didn't do it to turn down the claim on the power train warranty. I ask him how much it was going to cost. He told me a minimuim of 10(count them 10) labor hours plus parts if they need adjusted. So figure at least a grand.
    This has been more thoroughly, but not conclusively explored on www.suzukiforums.com. I'm not expecting it to cost that much, but it seems no one's GV has yet reached the point where that service is needed. If it turns out to be REALLY costly, I'm certainly not going to give Suzuki the satisfaction of doing the job. I'll get it done elsewhere.

I buy a new vehicle expecting to have less hassle and expense maintaining it than our old ones have, then find it has to go to the shop more often, and the maintenance threatens to cost just as much. Wonderful.

Oh well, if the stability control or side air bags ever save my life, it will have been well worth it.
  • bm000092bm000092 Member Posts: 70
    I got this written confirmation from Suzuki Canada, and I'm keeping it in case the dealer wants to charge me more than this, as mentionned below its a 2.4 hours job of around 200.00 $CND. Notice that they specify inspection and adjustment, not just inspection.

-----Message d'origine-----
    De : Customer Service [mailto:Customerservice@suzuki.ca]
    Envoyé : Wednesday, September 27, 2006 2:04 PM
    À : Michel Bouchard
    Objet : RE: RE : Michel Bouchard - Automobile Sales & Services

Mr. Bouchard,

Manufacturer flat rate time to perform a valve lash inspection and adjustment is 2.4 hours. The cost will vary depending on the dealership labour rate but on average in the Canadian market the labour cost will be approximately $175.00.

Valve Lash Inspection is recommended at 35,000 km increments for Canadian Driving Conditions. Other recommended services at this interval are oil & filter change and air filter inspection/replacement as necessary. So in most cases, again depending on the local market, the labour cost for this scheduled maintenance is probably in or around the $200.00 mark with additional charges for oil, filter, and air filter if necessary.

It should be noted, that contrary to your statement “it's probably the last engine left in the automotive world that requires that” is actually not the case. For instance, many of the most popular vehicles on the market today, including 2006 Toyota RAV4 as well as several other Toyota models, are equipped with a similar valve train configuration for performance and durability benefits.

Thank you for this opportunity to respond to this inquiry.

Customer Relations
    Relations à la clientèle
    (905) 889-2677 ext. 2254
    SUZUKI CANADA INC.

Also based on their statement about that many other manufacturers are using similar valvetrain (mechanical instead of hydraulic), I did an extensive search and in fact most of them (I won't list all the models for all the manufacturers, there is too many) are leaving the hydraulic lifters so used in the 80's/90's for mechanical ones. As an example just take Toyota:

Engines with shims over the bucket tappets style :

4A-G(Z)(E)
    4A-F(E)
    7A-FE
    7M-G(T)E
    3S-G(T)E
    5S-FE
    22R-E
    3RZ-FE
    2UZ-FE
    3MZ-FE
    2RZ-FE
    1GR-FE
    5S-FE

Engines with shims under the bucket tappets:

2TG
    18RG

Engines that use selective thickness lifters

1MZ-FE
    2AZ-FE (RAV4)
    5S-FE
    1NZ-FE
    2AZ-FE
    1ZZ-FE
    3V-ZE

It is not a complete list, but just see how many variations they have, looks like the engineers cannot decide on the configuration: hydraulic lifters, bucket lifter with shims over the lifters, with shims under the lifters, selective fit lifters, and they also have a number of permutations depending in which part of the world the product is sold.
    Well, I was just looking at the new Mazda 3 with the 2.3L 4 and guess what? Mechanical lifters... I definitely wouldn't call that engine old-school though... Oh, by the way, same for the new CX-7. Same engine.

But they're not calling for lash check till 75000 miles for whatever reason.
  • dave42nydave42ny Member Posts: 9
    Update... well I had the front drive-shaft replaced by the dealer this past Friday, (10/06/06) and guess what, I’m still experiencing the same problem with the vibration (rumble/shudder). I called American Suzuki Customer Assistance Center again. Asked if they had any other documented cases with the same issue? No. None. (It's funny how information is not communicated back to the Suzuki in a timely manner. But cases are posted readily on the internet). I called the service department at my dealer this morning and explained that the problem is still present. Once again, I'll be stopping in one day this week. The service department at the dealership has been working with technical support on their end. Has anyone with this problem, been corrected? The only good news is that my new CD player is ejecting the CD's. Later, Dave. :mad: :cry: :confuse:
    We have reached 10,000km (6,200mi) on our GV, and it has an increasingly noticable droning noise at 1500rpm. Obviously it doesn't spend much time at 1500rpm, but we'll see if this keeps getting worse. I wouldn't call it a rumble or shudder, though.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Hi, everyone. As you've probably noticed, we have been trying to refine the discussions into more narrowly focussed topics. Our objective is twofold. We want to make it easier for people seeking specific information about their vehicles to find it easily and without having to wade through hundreds or thousands of postings.

To those ends, we will be shutting down the general make/model discussions and work exclusively with specific issues. This requires us to populate the make/model subsections with relevant, interesting and timely topics. Rather than having the hosts simply create boilerplate topics for each make/model, we feel that you, the owner, the make/model enthusiast and the prospective buyer can best judge what those topics should be.

You can help by adding a discussion (it's easy!) or suggesting one here.

To add a discussion, click on the last link in the "You are here" line at the top of this page. That will take you to the topic page for this make/model. Review the list of topics and click on the "Add discussion" link when you've decided what topic you'd like to add. Follow the directions and you're done! Feel free to add more than one. Just avoid duplicating existing topics and try not to make it TOO specific!

Your help and continued participation in the Forums is greatly appreciated! Thanks.
  • vitara4mevitara4me Member Posts: 35
    I have started a new thread regarding the 2006 Grand Vitara vibration issue.

If you are experiencing a vibration between 45-60 MPH while accelerating, then please post your comments in the new thread.

Let us see how many owners out there are having the same issues, and get Suzuki of America on the "hot plate" to develop a solution. :mad:

Kind regards, Vitara4me......
  • budman3budman3 Member Posts: 187
    It is definately a problem on Vitara4me's GV. I personaly drove it and would be furious that Suzuki hasn't been able to solve the problem. :lemon:
    I hope I'm not out of line with the topics but a similar situation that Suzuki won't correct. My front tires are feathering again on the outside and the dealer now tells me that's normal and they can only do one adjustment in the 12 month period. :confuse:
    Hi Tide. Been feeling things were at a low ebb on this site, until gaining some hope while happening to notice the '07 CR-V forum today. There I noted a participants backlash against the "shutting down" of general discussions on that site, followed thereafter by your reinstatement of priveleges, so to speak.

Just wondering if "we" qualify for the same sober secondlook here too re: the nature of THIS/OUR site? Notwithstanding acknowledging that some repitition could be eliminated on some topics, (guilty), free speech remains a pretty important commodity, with the lack of same clearly translating into the drasticly fewer numbers of posts to this site, post yours... How about it?

Regards, [to all] Nwdsmn.
    I agree with Nwdsmn. Wow, did I say that? Welcome back. :D
    I miss the general discussion, good/bad, right/wrong. We all had something to contribute. Now we/I don't know either which discussion to ask questions or start another as I've asked you previously.
    We even managed to bring a little of our personal lives and experiences into the forum to share and get to know one another.
    I'm even willing to forget about being reprimanded too many times for saying lesser evils than others. ;)
    Thanks for asking!

The intent of the restructuring was to make it easier for noobs to find the information they need. As part of our attempt to restructure the Forums, all of the main make/model discussions were to be made real only. Since we had so many of them, I mainly focussed on the ones that already had become massive (i.e. more than 1,000 posts) and hadn't yet gotten around to the Vitara.

However, we've since reopened all the make/model discussions and so GV is "safe!' For more detail read this: Sylvia, "Forums Software! Your Questions Answered..." #3319, 12 Nov 2006 2:43 pm

We'll still be pushing to make information more easily accessible but will try a more refined approach as indicated in Sylvia's message.

tidester, host
  • phed7355phed7355 Member Posts: 2
    Hi everybody, I would like to find more about real world mpg numbers for 06 Grand Vitaras. I was looking for it and can find only few posts, where owners mention it, but I am lacking more information. I read test-drive articles claiming they had only 17 MPG in average and that seems very suspicious to me. Please, post your data if you can. Thank you.
    I get between 22 and 24mpg hwy with the a/c on and about 70mph. That's not reading the cheezy mpg indicator. Alot of passing and it will drop down close to 20 mpg.
    About 19 or 20mpg city. I've don't think I've ever been down to 17mpg.
    I think Suzuki has the closest fuel mpg that it is rated for although it isn't the best.
  • phed7355phed7355 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks budman3, I appreciate your quick response.
  • jaygee33jaygee33 Member Posts: 4
    Hi phed7355, I have only had my 2006 GV XSport 4WD for about a month. I have been averaging about 19mpg. I typically have more highway driving than city, but I have recently done a lot more city-type short-distance driving, with the holidays and such.

I am hoping to get a couple miles more per gallon. Perhaps it will be better in the spring and summer as well? I also want to read what mpg the others are getting.
    My has now 10k miles, I'm averaging 24mpg. But when the temps is around -10C, it is more like 21mpg.
  • mcperrmcperr Member Posts: 74
    Finally got around to calculating the mpg for August vacation through western Canada and a bit into Washington state. Glad I did it, as the results surprised me. Note that this GV was purchased in December, 2005, and began the trip with about 25,000 km/16,500 miles on the clock. AC used throughout, very little city driving. Vehicle fully loaded (believe me).

Lowest mileage: 22.7 IMPG/27.25 USMPG on gravel logging roads and 40km/25 mile low range jaunt up and over 6,000 ft mountain.

Lowest pavement mileage: two tanks at 26.6 IMPG/31.9 USMPG

Highest pavement mileage: One tank at 29.9 IMPG/35.9 USMPG and another at 30.9 IMPG/37.1 USMPG. Both tanks consumed on two-lane blacktop, average speed approx. 100 kph/62 mph or a bit less.

Lessons learned: a) the GV is capable of 30 IMPG/35 USMPG on the highway if kept around 100 kph/60 mph; b) vehicle maximum highway range is 500 km/300 mi; c) GV is much better on gas than we were led to believe.
  • vitdeanvitdean Member Posts: 9
    Report them here: Vitara: MPG - Real World Numbers

tidester, host
    I disconnected my battery on my 2006 GV and the slip indicator light keeps flashing and won't go off.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks
    About 5 days ago now, it was -17 C at night, started the engine, went to the grocery. On my way back the "check engine" sign went on but everything seemed to be just fine. Next morning we had to go see my parents, it was -15 C, snowing and had to drive 300 km to go there, I took the chance even if the check engine sign was still there.

On our way there I went to activate the cruise control, but it was dead. I wasn't sure if when the check engine sign is on that the cruise is disabled or the cruise control was the problem itself. After driving 2 hours in the snow I stopped in a rest area to take a look at the cruise control fuse under the dash, fuse was fine, I verified a couple other fuses while I was there, all where good. Started the engine, now I noticed the display on the radio was showing "check system", the time on the clock was wrong, my preset radio stations were gone, the "check engine" sign was gone, but I had the sign that the GV was sliding even if I was on park!!!
    Obviously, checking the fuses, I did reset everything. I learned after that when you get the check engine, the cruise control is disabled.
    I still had 50 km to do and hit the snowy road anyway, what I did was to press the ESP button for 5 seconds (until the system is disabled, it shows on the dash), I went on the road, when I crossed the 30 km/h speed the ESP engaged and the slip indicator went off, the check system on the radio display went off, cruise control could be used again. Since then I did 800km with no problems.
    So I guess it was just a computer hickup or a frozen sensor somewhere.
    Anyway it was minor and it still the best vehicule I had so far.
    You can try to disconnect the battery for 30 seconds to reset everything.
    Thanks, bm000092. That was it. I tried turning the ESP on and off, but you have to drive the car until the lights go off.
    Still haven't heard from the dealer. :mad: I'll ask you from now on. ;)
    I also noticed that you had to hold the button down the entire time for the sunroof. You have to hold the button down and run it thru the entire process then it will open automatically with one touch.
  • rgutierrezrgutierrez Member Posts: 2
    I just bought an '06 XL7 and cannot find out what brand of radio it is. I'd like to change the XM to Sirius, but I can't even get started without the brand of radio.
    My '06 GV has a Clarion.
  • rgutierrezrgutierrez Member Posts: 2
    Is that the stock radio? mine doesn't say any
    brand on it; just mp3/cd/amfm xm ready
    Yes, that's what mine says ,too.
    It's hardly XM ready. It requires a $400 part plus installation.
    I just use an XM myfi for $100 and play off an FM channel. Plus, I can use it anywhere.
    If you change the HU, the steering wheel controls won't work.
    K&N finally came out with a filter. part # 33-2361
    autoanything.com was the only website that had the current filter listed and it had free shipping.
    I couldn't find a local auto parts store that would even have the standard replacement filter.
  • troyantroyan Member Posts: 9
    I have a 2002 G/V V-6 with an oil light that flickers off and on..(yes, the oil level is fine) staying on causes the valves to start ticking. I have had the timing chains and slides replaced under warranty, but that was at 100,203 miles. the car G/V now has 103,458 miles on it. The Suzuki dealership says now, that they have washed their hands of the car because it was done under a "good faith" repair, and the car was "techincally" over the warranty period. What can i do with the vehicle now? I've tried finding a manual for this year but no one seems to have it. i've asked Suzuki for the pages to repair it... but all i got was a page from suzukipitstop.com showing the oilpan and pump components.I'm a decent wrench and could do the repair, but i need to know where to start and what to look for. :sick:
  • ronlattnerronlattner Member Posts: 2
    My 06 G/V luxury radio supposedly has an aux capability, but I can not find anywhere in the manual where the aux connection is. I have not tried to get to the back of the radio to see if there is a plug there. I would have thought they would have made one more available.

My interest is in plugging an Ipod or something in.

Any ideas about this.
    It's under the dash behind the glove box, you need either to make yourself an adaptor cable or buy one. Here is the link for more info.
    http://www.suzuki-forums.com/2g-2006-grand-vitara/14338-aux-input.html?highlight- =Auxiliary
  • ronlattnerronlattner Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the information. I will look for it.
  • revjim64revjim64 Member Posts: 78
    I have a 2007 Grand Vitara (base model 4wd auto) and I am averaging about 17-18 Mpg rural.

Has anyone out there tried to install an aftermarket Class III Receiver on an 07 Grand Vitara.

I purchased one on e-bay for 129. Went to install it and the muffler was in the way. Do I need to change out the whole
    exhuast sytem to install a class III receiver? Has anyone else had this problem? :confuse:
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    A reporter with a large local newspaper is hoping to talk to consumers who just purchased a Suzuki vehicle. Please reply to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Friday, March 23, 2007 with your daytime contact info.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

I had an HiddenHitch Class III installed with no problem, Reese has one too that is identical.
  • revjim64revjim64 Member Posts: 78
    I neglected to remove the tie down shackle before trying to install the bolt on receiver.

Once I took the tie down shackle off I was able to install the Class III Receiver without a problem!

You need to use one of the bolt holes that the tie down shackle is bolted to.