Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Ridgeline Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• dbscdbsc Member Posts: 1
    Anyone here notice that when you turn sharply, or hold the steering wheel in a turn for an extended period (like when making a u-turn or going in a circle), that your steering wheel feels like it's stuttering or shimmying slightly? I asked the Dealer about it and they test drove it and said that it's normal in Honda's. He said it's the computer-controlled stability sensors? Something to do with the computer wanting to "straighten out" the turn.

Just got this truck and barely have 30 miles on it.

Also, about half the time I notice a slight hesitation on the part of the truck to accelerate from a dead stop...wondering if this will go away after the break-in??

Thanks.

D.
  • cridercrider Member Posts: 8
    IF YOUR VEHICLE LEAKS IT'S A BIG PLOBLEM,I JUST CHECKED MINE INTO THE DEALER'S SEVICE DEPARTMENT FOR IT'S MONTHLY DRY OUT,HOPEFULLY THE 3RD TIME IS CHARMED.STILL WAITING TO HEAR FROM HONDA.NOT IMPRESSED WITH THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE AT THIS POINT.
  • parnparn Member Posts: 4
    Was experiencing a rattle when I went over bumps on the right side of the truck. First thought it was the clubs or tie downs in the "trunk", but the noise appeared to come from the front of the truck. Lifted the hood and found the washer bottle was missing the fastener that holds the top of it to the body. Has anybody else seen this? (ok, everyone run out and look.....)
    I'm pleased to say that in my two month of ownership I'm very pleased. :shades: Have hand washed it several times, have been in the rain 2-3 times with no wet interior...Thank God!!!!!!!!!
  • hurkhurk Member Posts: 3
    the hesitation is due to the vsa as the wheels start to break free during take off ...turn the vsa off HURK
    hey there ajtt to answer your question if they leak from the back the answer is yes. mine is leaking there . There is a trim plate at the rear of the roof that has the upper brake light, under the trim plate there are 4 holes that have plastic inserts that hold in the trim under the inserts is a thin rubber seal, a massive amount of water has made it past those seals ,into the rear pillers where the plastic cover is attached behind the rear shoulder belt and down onto the floor as my front is really wet i am thinking i may have leaks in the front as well
  • 5553543255535432 Member Posts: 150
    Although I need to be thankful for not having problems as bad as your guys, my Ridgeline ownership is begginning to sour badly.

Truck is terrific when working right, but these issues are really driving me nuts.

1. Drivers door doesn't close unless I slam it.Delearship said it is such because it's a truck.

2.Passengers rear left door (when one faces the RL from the front )has to be slammed even harder to close.Delearship can't fix it either.

3. Panel exterior fit on the drivers side near the bumpers does not level with each other.DELEAR SAID THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT, COZ IT'S A FACTORY FLAW.

4. The roof dent created by the delearship who installed my roof rack was repaired but it doesn't look symmetrical to the undented portion.The only consolation was that it aint that obvious because its on the roof.

5.TRIED TO RENT A UHAUL TRAILER YESTERDAY, BUT THE LIGHT CONNECTION AINT WORKING CAN'T SIGNAL RIGHT OR LEFT TURN.Wasted my whole day.Had to postphone hauling tree cuttings from my home to the dump site some other day (had 8, 150 foot trees cut in my backyard). WISH ME LUCK GUYS THAT SOME IDIOT WON'T THROW A CIGARRETE BUTT NEAR MY HOUSE AND START A BRUSH FIRE AND BURN DOWN MY HOUSE. WISH ME LUCK TOO THAT THE WEATHER WON'T BE TOO HOT AND START A SPONTANEOUS COMBUSTION ON THOSE DRIED LEAVES.Now imagine working today for 12 hours 11 am-11 pm anxious if you still have a house to go home tonight.

Repairs on the RL hitch can be done for free only from the Honda delearship I bought it. Had to drive about 100-120 miles RT to have this repaired. Honda delearships near my house gave a ball park repair figure of $150. Guess the driving 100-120 miles is the better option.

This RL has caused me so much in time, money and emotional drain. To future RL owners, skip the first year model, but if you insist on getting one please inspect your purchase inch by inch to your satisfaction. :sick:
    Would like to hear from all that have had their Ridgeline leak, and where they have found the leaks. It seams Honda across North America has not given dealers at least here in Canada places to look for the leaks and it is by trial and error to find them. I hope to start a thread that easy to follow with the spots that have or had leak problems as it seams that if you have one that does leak it will most likely leak in other places. As for my Ridgeline the leak came from the rear roof trim plate that holds the upper brake light. Under the trim, are holes in the roof panel that have plastic inserts that hold the panel in place, there are flat rubber washers that go around these inserts that are designed to form a seal. My guess is that these seals do not work well, it also leaked around the bolt that is attached to the quarter pillar upper gutter, this bolt holds down the trim plate and is covered with a plastic button it holds down the roof racks as well if installed you can see these areas i am talking about at the dealer on the computer in....5-6 Cross Section Of Body And Sealants Roof Panel,Outer Panel And Bed Floor Area Lets keep the info coming so we can take it to the dealers and keep the trips to the dealer at a minimum> Thanks,,. What a headache.... HURK
  • cridercrider Member Posts: 8
    My truck is in for the third time for leaks,The first leak was on the passenger's side at the A pillar,The second time was for a grommet on the driver's side,The third time was charmed as the case manager informed me that the paperwork was forwarded to corporate for a buy back.Another website;ridgelineownersclob.com might help you as a number of cases have been documented.Go to:interiors,"trouble in paradise",it should help you.Other than that really like the truck.goodluck on your fix,I know from personal experience it can be aggravating
  • whiteridge1whiteridge1 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone with a white Ridgeline notice a difference in paint color on plastic bumpers and the rest of the truck. Love everything else about the truck.
  • junkridgelinejunkridgeline Member Posts: 1
    I have a silver Ridgeline but in 1996 I bought a metallic pearl white Nissan Maxima that had different color bumpers. Two dealers denied what was in plain sight, a third admitted it and said it was due to the plastic of the bumpers having a base black color (different from the metal of course). I asked why primer did not correct this, no answer. I sold it for a Honda.
  • whaleyawhaleya Member Posts: 28
    No leaks in my RL (and I have one of the very first builds)

Although I do see what people mean about the rubber gasket for the rear roof trim. When I installed my rear camera I had to remove that trim piece. When I reinstalled it I wasn't impressed with Honda's rubber gasket so I added a touch of silicone caulk to each piece as I reinstalled them. Since the rear roof trim snaps into these holders no one will see any caulk.

As for the doors, the doors should all close easily. If the dealer is giving you the run around, call Honda directly and complain. The problem is the dealership not the truck in this case.
  • geo9geo9 Member Posts: 735
    A lot of parts are painted seperate from the vehicle then installed.
    Esp. bumper covers.........................
    After hauling tree branches from my house today and bringing it to the dump, I called the aforementioned 1800 no. to ask about my Honda Pilots warninng lights as it approaches the 30,000 mile mark. I also inquired on who is responsible for repairing ther signal lights that comes with the hitch on my RL. When I brought up the topic on wheteher the 2 doors of my RL's can still be repaired to close smoothly so I don't have to slam it, he interrupted me rudely 3x as I gave out the details of my predicament.However he eventually told me to talk to the delearship manager and have him call the DISTRICT MANAGER for more info on how to repair my doors.DO ANY OF YOU GUYS HAVE INFO IF HES SUGGESTION WOULD WORK?

At the conclusion of my phone call he, ask me if I still have LITTLE PROBLEMS (in a sarcastic tone) that I need to voice out.When I told him "SIR WHEN YOUR TRUCK ALMOST BREACHES THE $38,000.00 MARK BECAUSE OF EVERY CONCEIVABLE ACCESORRY I ADDED, EVERY SMALL PROBLEM BECOMES A BIG ONE". He apologize halfheartedly and told me thats not what he means. My inability to speak straight English must have suggested to him I'm too dumb to read in between the lines and comprehend whats rude communication and whats not.I HOPE THESE CONVERSATIONS ARE REALLY RECORDED SO THAT HONDA MANAGEMENT COULD RETRAIN THEIR COSTUMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE TO treat everyone fair and not to take for an idiot some guy with an accent who can't talk straight English :sick:
  • guidogguidog Member Posts: 8
    my 2006 Ridgeline navigation shows establishments that have been closed for over five years ago. Is it possible Honda subs out to a navigation supplier who may not put the updated nav software in the Ridgeline. I would like to purchase an updated version. Does anyone else have this same problem?
  • thbarrettthbarrett Member Posts: 19
    quidog,

Yes, I have the same problem on a one month old ridgeline. It shows texaco gas stations that are no longer in service or even around. I just haven't had the time to get to the dealer and find out what gives. The version in my nav must be 5 years old.
    Not bad for a $35,000 vehicle. Other than that everything is ok except the gas mileage is not close to what it should be.

Tom
  • joedotcomjoedotcom Member Posts: 10
    thbarrett,

I have 2006 Ridgeline, month old. I see old locations on Navigation also. Latest Version of DVD Disc is 4.13.
    You can find your Disc Ver: # on the Disc in the Player under drivers seat. Push eject button and remove Disc.
    Dont have to go to dealer. Go here - https://iweb.alpine-usa.com/Hondadvdsales/naviorder.php - and as soon as you type in the Year and Model oy your vehicle watch at top of screen. The lataest Ver # for your vehicle, that is available, will pop up in RED type. Orders are $185.00 per disc.

4.13 must be pretty old since streets in my area that are 2 years old are not on the current Disc.

Save your money until newer Disc is out.
    This is my Autoweek post that some future RL owners may find useful.

I dunno if someone said this already, but Hondas strategy of releasing the pricier models first was a bad move. Drove away people with smaller budgets to buy domestics selling at employee prices.Those potential costumers wouldn't be available for 3 maybe 5 years.Factor in unending gas price increase, and my 18 mpg ave Ridge becomes a certified gas guzzler.

Issues like leaks on the RL when entering a carwash/rained on may have scared other costumers too.

As for me I'll never buy a Honda first year product. The costumer service is terrible and my RL has too many problems albeit minor ones that neccitates delearship service.

FOR ALL THE RL'S PROBLEMS I STILL BELIEVE IT IS THE BEST MIDSIZE TRUCK.HOWEVER BUYING IT AGAIN IN A HEARTBEAT IS OUT OF THE STORY.NO MORE FIRST YEAR MODELS FOR ME EVEN IF ITS FROM HONDA.

1.Although I need to be thankful for not having problems as bad as your guys such as interior water leaks, my Ridgeline ownership is begginning to sour badly.

Truck is terrific when working right, but these issues are really driving me nuts.

1. Drivers door doesn't close unless I slam it.Delearship said it is such because it's a truck. WHY THEN THAT MY PILOTS DOORS CLOSE SO SMOOTHLY?

2.Passengers rear left door (when one faces the RL from the front )has to be slammed even harder to close.Delearship can't fix it either.

3. Panel exterior fit on the drivers side near the bumpers does not level with each other.DELEAR SAID THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT, COZ IT'S A FACTORY FLAW.

4. The roof dent created by the delearship who installed my roof rack was repaired but it doesn't look symmetrical to the undented portion.The only consolation was that it aint that obvious because its on the roof.

5.TRIED TO RENT A UHAUL TRAILER YESTERDAY, BUT THE LIGHT CONNECTION AINT WORKING CAN'T SIGNAL RIGHT OR LEFT TURN.Wasted my whole day.Had to postphone hauling tree cuttings from my home to the dump site some other day (had 8, 150 foot trees cut in my backyard). WISH ME LUCK GUYS THAT SOME IDIOT WON'T THROW A CIGARRETE BUTT NEAR MY HOUSE AND START A BRUSH FIRE AND BURN DOWN MY HOUSE. WISH ME LUCK TOO THAT THE WEATHER WON'T BE TOO HOT AND START A SPONTANEOUS COMBUSTION ON THOSE DRIED LEAVES.Now imagine working today for 12 hours 11 am-11 pm anxious if you still have a house to go home tonight.

Repairs on the RL hitch can be done for free only from the Honda delearship I bought it. Had to drive about 100-120 miles RT to have this repaired. Honda delearships near my house gave a ball park repair figure of $150. Guess the driving 100-120 miles is the better option.

This RL has caused me so much in time, money and emotional drain. To future RL owners, skip the first year model, but if you insist on getting one please inspect your purchase inch by inch to your satisfaction.

To potential RL owners,first, include in your test drive, driving the RL your eyeing to the automatic carwash 2x,then inspect the interior thoroughly if anything got wet.SECOND, pass by the nearest Uhaul (b4 driving home) after your purchase and the hitch installed, test the light connection from the RL to the TRAILER.May sound stupid but if you are buying your RL from another far away state, it may be one of the smartest move you made.My assumption that those hitch lights would work would cost me one wasted day, about 120 mile RT, wear and tear on my truck and several gallons of expensive gas,not to mention a stroke inducing adrenalin rush secondary to unscheduled delearship visit..

MORAL OF THE STORY, BUY YOUR RL BAREBONES, AND HAVE ALL THE ACCESORIES YOU WANTED INSTALLED IN THE DELEARSHIP NEAREST YOUR HOUSE.If problems pop up you dont have to waste a whole day or tons of gas to have it repaired by some out of state delearship where you buy your RL.
    Regarding rear camera. I would like to add this to my Nav. system but dont want to mount it on rear cargo door as seen in accessory add ons.
    You made reference to removing rear roof trim piece. Can the camera be mounted there or anywhere except on rear cargo door?
    Also is the wiring for camera a simple plug-in to an existing socket under the dash or do you have to get into the rear of Navigation unit to install it?
  • thbarrettthbarrett Member Posts: 19
    Thanks for the information. Yes I also have a 4.13 version. I am almost sure it's 3 to 5 years old. I would think Honda would supply a new version when it comes out under warranty because the 4.13 is so old. Wishful thinking.

Tom
    The camera takes a long time to install since it requires the removal of many trim items so you can run the wires. The rear roof trim is removed as part of the removal of the composite bed panel.

Google Honda accessories, most online stores also post the PDF installation manual.

Since the camera is surface mounted it does create a bump on the rear. I suppose you could mount it somewhere else but you would have to fabricate a new trim cover for it.

The wires are run to the navigation computer under the driver's seat, the unit in the dash is the display only.

Because of the way the wires are run under and behind trim sections instead of just exposed under the truck, it does take a lot of time to install. There are detailed tips on the Ridgeline Owners Clubs that supplient the Honda instructions.

The camera is GREAT for parking lots (last few feet) and street parking. For general reversing it's better to look behind you. It also makes for impressive coupling to my trailer! I suppose it is cheating though ;)

I am very happy with the camera.
    Thanks for the info. Might get the camera. Have one built into rear of my motor home and know how handy they can be. Except, on my motor home I can turn on the camera anytime, not just in reverse, and keep an eye on my trailer and dune buggy. Probably cant do that on the RL. Reverse only? Might add an override switch to make it think it's in reverse.

Oh well, sounds like a neat tool. Thanks again.

Joe
    The rear camera is triggered from the reverse lght sensing wire going into the nav computer.

It is possible to install a switch so the camera is on when driving forward, however since the reverse lghts are on the same circuit it take a bit of thought so the reverse lights don't come on when the camera is on and you are driving forward.

The other catch is that the nav computer uses the signal for the reverse lights to tell what way the car is driving. When driving with the camera on you can still get voice prompts but they will be messed up since the computer thinks you are driving backward.

I don't know the video signal specs for the camera, never got around to measuring them.
  • kurtamaxxguykurtamaxxguy Member Posts: 677
    ...and sorry to hear there are some major Ridgeline problems and that Honda is now no better than any other manufacturer when it comes to rolling out a first year product.

I had considered a Ridgeline but will hold off until Honda gets its act together on what is a very promising design!
    ...and sorry to hear there are some major Ridgeline problems and that Honda is now no better than any other manufacturer when it comes to rolling out a first year product.

I had considered a Ridgeline but will hold off until Honda gets its act together on what is a very promising design!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    With the exception of the water leak into the interior, I havent read any other major issues on the RL.

However even minor problems that needs several delearship visits requires a very patient person with lots of free time to sit in delearship rooms while waiting for the repairs to be done.If patience aint one of your virtues, skip the first year model of the RL.You'll save yourself from the crappy costumer service representative too who called my problems in a sarcastic mocking voice on my almost $38000 RL "small as in tiny problems"
    A simple diode circuit could solve the problem of back-up lights coming on (if) a "reverse override switch" were to be installed.
    The problem of the Nav getting a signal that the vehicle is going in reverse would only be temporary since you would only have the override switch on for a few seconds to see whats going on behind you or look at your trailer and load.

---------- = wiring
    ---------> = a diode (from Radio Shack)

reverse lights wire +12 vdc-------diode >--------|
    (from bulbs)
    |-------- to camera trigger (input)

+12vdc---(override switch)---------diode >--------|

Anyway, this is all getting a little over-board because I guess you could just look in your rear view mirror to see you trailer. But on my motor home I can't do that and it's nice to keep an eye on the trailer tires and monitor the load once in awhile.

It's all just an interesting idea someone could try if they had the need.

Note: Current will only flow in the direction of the "arrow" of a Diode.
    The (reverse lights diode) could be located anywhere in the wiring that
    sends +12vdc to the back-up bulbs. That will keep the override switch
    from back-feeding and lighting the bulbs.

Ok, thats it, enough already ! No more from me.

Joe
  • trashingtontrashington Member Posts: 21
    I have to agree that the only issue that has been talked about consistently on these message boards has been the water leak. I have had my Ridgeline RTS through a few big rain storms since I have gotten it and have noticed nothing. A lot of other complaints were from dealer installed items, of which I have none. Be smart and get them done by a dealer near your house so if there are problems they can fix it. Someone earlier complained of the doors being hard to close, on mine they are no harder to close than on any other car I have ever been in.

Granted there is still some time, but these problems seem very minor when you compare them to the first year releases of other vehicles. I almost bought a Nissan Titan last year when they first came out, but the large volume of problems that people had with them made me hold off. And those were serious problems, especially with the brakes, not just minor inconvenience problems.
  • ncstewartncstewart Member Posts: 6
    After reading about all the various problems on these posts and another Ridgeline Owners Club forum, I'm seriously reconsidering shopping for a Ridgeline in the not-too-distant future.

A few issues stand out for me, in order of importance. Over both of these is Honda's apparently lack of desire to do anything about them.

1. Putting truck in park doesn't unlock all doors (this isn't a misprint, it's a manufacturing issue between Honda & vendor)

2. Trip computer has apparently been "disabled" - a conscious choice by Honda to avoid complaints about MPG

My wife has an '03 (first year) Accord EX V-6 w/Leather that we love and have had no issues with...and I was going to go Ridgeline or MDX (after driving both -- not sure if I'll need the truck bed long-term) but now I'm thinking of heading Toyota way.....guess we'll see what they do with next year's models.
    Have read reports of disappointment with Honda's bed cover at over $1,000 complete With Water Leaks.

Try here http://www.rolltopcover.com/customerphotos-honda.htm

Less $$$ then Honda's and Without Leaks.

Has anyone had experience with this cover?

Joe
    To respond to your issues:

1. It's true, putting the truck in Park only unlocked the front driver door, a feature which anyone who rode in the truck found annoying. You can turn off the auto lock feature to avoid this problem, at least that's what I did. Now my doors all stay unlocked all the time, of course I don't have any kids in the back seat to worry about though.

2. My trip computer works fine and I always reset it so I can track just how crappy my gas milage is. Luckily I only have to fill up once every 2 weeks. I don't think that Honda is deliberatly "disabling" the trip computer.
  • gearhead1gearhead1 Member Posts: 408
    After reading about all the various problems on these posts and another Ridgeline Owners Club forum, I'm seriously reconsidering shopping for a Ridgeline in the not-too-distant future.

If you talk to the guy that had the most problems on the ROC forum, you'll find all of his issues have been resolved and he's a happy camper. There really weren't alot of others that had problems.

I myself have had an absolutly trouble free experience for the last 4,000 miles on and off road. This vehicle has been a joy to drive. As far as Toyota is concerned you are aware of all those problems they are having with the 05 Tacos aren't you? Man, you might have to scoot over to Ford and Chevy for those truly trouble free vehicles.
  • gd113gd113 Member Posts: 114
    Gearhead1 is right. I bet if you add up all of the "problems" the count or percentage of total vehicles is small. I for one beleive that you get more people posting problems than praises. Tacos have had some of the identical problems as the Ridge. I doubt there is a board here that has a vehicle without any problems.
  • wooddorkerwooddorker Member Posts: 300
    "I bet if you add up all of the "problems" the count or percentage of total vehicles is small."

True for the Ridgeline and the Tacoma. Seems like there's more Tacoma problems? Toyota has sold 8-10 times more Tacomas than Honda has sold Ridgelines.
    You make a good point with the difference in sales figures being responsible for the higher number of problems with the Taco, but your numbers are slightly off. In June Toyota sold 4 times as many Tacomas as Honda did ridgelines. 14328 Tacos to 3585 Ridgelines.
  • wooddorkerwooddorker Member Posts: 300
    " In June Toyota sold 4 times as many Tacomas as Honda did ridgelines. 14328 Tacos to 3585 Ridgelines."

Check YTD, not just one month.

There's been something like 80-90k Tacomas sold, and about 10-11k RL's sold, as of June 30. Time of availability is a huge factor. The Ridge is an early '06 that didn't really get flying until March, 2005. The '05 Taco's been available since late 2004.

I'm not at all trying to say numbers mean one is better than the other, but with 70-80,000 more examples on the road, they're certainly will be a difference in the number of issues reported on sites like this.
  • once_for_allonce_for_all Member Posts: 1,640
    you are right, internet post noise does not make a bad vehicle. The Subaru Baja got a bum rating from CR because of a couple complaints on a few hundred sampled vehicles. It takes several years before track records are really solid and statistics are reliable. Both the Ridge and the new Taco won't really have solid track records for a few years, the exception being with various components that transfer from previous models.

John
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,256
    i'm not a big 'ridge fan, but having experienced some of the same trailer issues years ago with my explorer, i just would like to let others find out about an alternative situation. my explorer had a factory towing package with a plug in flat 4 adaptor for trailer lights.
    went to uhaul to rent a trailer. having once got suckered into renting a trailer that had no lights(on a previous vehicle), i checked them out (brought a co pilot) myself instead of trusting the rental guy.
    no trailer lights, so i refuse to rent the trailer. they say for xxx dollars, we can set up some new wiring direct from battery that is guaranteed to work. i said no thanks, went to radio shack and bought an electrical tester. guess what, everything worked. it was the trailer that would not ground.
    went to another uhaul place told them my truck was fine, so they need to give me a trailer that had working lights. the guy had to wire an adapter out of my flat 4 that included a ground wire. it seems the trailer tries to ground to the tow vehicle. if it can't, no lights. i still have the little wire setup somewhere. i took it off before i went into the office to return the trailer.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    Thanks for sharing a solution to my trailer woes. However, it's now fix, the payment, one whole wasted day, a bad migraine, several gallons of expensive gas and the bitter taste of a lesson well learned. NEVER BUY ANY ACCESORIES FROM AN OUT OF STATE DELEARSHIP, BUY IT FROM THE DELEARSHIP NEAREST YOUR HOME. Heres how my wasted day went.

1. I left my house at 7:40 am, My stupid GPS took me to the "FASTEST ROUTE" route 395 right in the heart of traffic jammed DC. Arrived at the out of state VA delearship 9 am.

2. My appointment was for one free oil change (first one) and to have the wiring on the trailer hitch fixed.

3. At 11:35 am, my car had it's first oil change and after a "supposedly thorough test" they told me their is nothing wrong with the wire connections on my trailer hitch. My argument that their is really some thing wrong fell on deaf ears, so I borrowed the delearships yellow pages and call the nearest uhaul. I left the delearship around 12:15 (15 minutes was spent by this guy looking for my RL in the sea of Hondas, he later found out it wasn'nt in the parking lot rather twas still inside the shop.) noon and arrived at the nearest Uhaul in Lorton VA about 9 miles away.The loung que at the U-haul and the 102 degress fahrenheit temp registering on the RL's temp gauge made the process even more painful.MY MIGRAINES WAS KILLING ME.

4. I was back at the delearship around 1:30 pm with a Uhaul trailer in tow.I occupied the middle of the three lanes where Honda cars fall in line for servicing, so I get immediate attention. I'ts nice to see customers staring at a new RL needing some repairs in plain view of everyone.The trailer made it impossible for the Honda servicement to drive it inside the shop thus they gave me priority and I believe their ace mechanic was summoned (an elderly gentlemen with 27 years as claimed experience).

4. At exactly 3 pm to my amazement, one of the costumer service guys approach me and told me that the wiring on the trailer hitch is now working.I guess having your Honda repaired in plain view of costumers is a whole lot faster.

5. Upon driving my RL out of the dealership at 3:15 pm. I saw the TPMS lights on for the very first time so I had to make a difficult U-turn. The CS guy not even hiding his exasperation told me just to drive it and it will dissapear.I went back to where I rented the Uhaul and decided against returning back to the delearship for TPMS checkup for fear of catching the traffic going home to MD.I left U-haul in Lorton VA at 3: 45pm. I arrived in MD at 5:20 pm.MY MIGRAINE COMBINED WITH A 102 DEGRESS TEMP HAS AN AMAZING WAY of LETTING ME SWEAR NEVER TO OWN HONDAS NOT JUST ON IT'S FIRST YEAR BUT ON ITS SECOND YEAR AS WELL.

HERES MY QUESTION GENTLEMEN, HOW DO I GET HONDA TO PAY FOR MY ONE WASTED DAY, UHAUL RENTAL, GASOLINE WASTED,STROKE INDUCING MIGRAINES AND CRAPPY COSTUMER SERVICE.Guess I'll have more luck emptying the sea using a spoon.
  • oreschniggoreschnigg Member Posts: 3
    HERES MY QUESTION GENTLEMEN, HOW DO I GET HONDA TO PAY FOR MY ONE WASTED DAY, UHAUL RENTAL, GASOLINE WASTED, STROKE INDUCING MIGRAINES AND CRAPPY COSTUMER SERVICE.

YOU DON’T, sometimes life blows and you just have to suck it up and drive on. If you were to remove your head from your rear, you might realize that you’re not the only one in the world that has issues, and it might not hurt so bad. It really makes me sick to hear people crying so much over petty crap! Dry your eyes so you can see that you had a bad day and press on with you life.

Don’t think I’m just talking noise, I’m a Ridgeline owner as well. I’ve had issues, refer to messages 41, 42, and 44.

My truck had less than 700 miles on it and was leaking transmission fluid. To top it off, I LIVE IN GERMANY. There is not a Honda dealership over here that has ever seen this type of vehicle.

So what did I do?

I laid on the ground, cried like a baby, and tried to get everybody in the world to feel sorry me!

HELL NO, I got on the Honda web site, called the customer service department, explained the situation, took their advise and pressed on. Guess what I have now? A LEAK FREE TRUCK!!

Hats off to Honda’s customer service department, they really know how to take care of customers. Way to much happened through out the multiple phone conversations to explain here, but I’m very impressed with the amount of time and attention I received.

I guess the old saying holds true, you can catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar

Upon driving my RL out of the dealership at 3:15 pm. I saw the TPMS lights on for the very first time so I had to make a difficult U-turn.

Don’t know how to pull a trailer, don’t hook up to one, or find someone who can.
    “EASY SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM”

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
    I talked to Honda Costumer Service branch on Earth, if yours were from Honda Costomer Service Mars branch then we have a totally different experience.

When You buy a Honda or Toyota, you buy it because it came with the supposedly " less problems ownership".The old Toyota RAV4 I had which I bought for $20,000 was problem free from day one.No unscheduled visits whatsoever.My RL breached the $38,000 mark thus I expected something more. Wait not even more, I just wanted no unscheduled delearship visits and I already had many.I don't have the luxury of wasting my day sitting on a delearships waiting area, I have a REAL job that is physically and mentally exhausting and on my day off the last thing I wanna do is sit on delearship waiting areas.

Now what am I supposed to do with the trailer that I brought to the delearship just to prove their diagnostics on my wiring was wrong? leave it there? I am not good but not bad with trailer driving but it prove useful to expedite repairs. Believe me in this great country racism albeit suttle.still exist. Honda costumer service gives you crap for not speaking straight english and the delarship likewise dismiss your concerns as baseless unless you argue with them big time or brought a U-haul along to prove them wrong.

I am an operating room personnel who also deals with trauma, and I realize everyday that my life is blessed a thousand times more than my patients so you don't have to preach to me that it's not only me who has a bad day. When it comes to a truck that cost one $38,000 and a HONDA, all that unscheduled delearship visits shouldn't be part of the ownership experience.My RAV 2003 (sold), Mazda RX8 04,Pilot 03, Frontier 05 (lease taken over my brother) never had unscheduled delearship visits.The RL, what can I say, I'm saving up some money and vacation time for another delearship visit anytime soon. :sick: :sick:
  • lightsoutlightsout Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know how to turn off the Service light for the RL? (not the oil life gauge). I know its a combination of using the key and doing something during startup, I am trying to find the exact combo. For example, on the Accord's, if you have the check engine maintenance light come on, (usually every 6k miles), you can disable this, with the car parked and off, you hold down the odemeter reset located in the dash, then turn the key to on, but not start the car, wait for all the dash lights to go off before releasing the odemeter reset. This will cause the light to go off. (till your next 6k rolls around).
  • parnparn Member Posts: 4
    If you decide not to purchase the Ridgeline, you'll be missing out on a truly great car-truck. I've had mine for 3 months now, 3300 miles. NO problems at all!!! Allright, I confess.....I was at the dealer last week to have them reinstall a clip on the windshield washer bottle so it wouldn't rattle. A two minute fix.

I got a great deal on a great ride. I've had Toyota's( trucks & cars), Accords, Lexus, American JUNK!!, VW JUNK!!, and the Ridgeline rides just as good as my RX 300 did. It's versitile. My clubs fit in the trunk and I used it to pick a new clothes dryer today which saved me a $45 delivery charge.

B4 you buy, run water down the windshield, if no leaks, buy it!! Don't go crazy with all the adds. I added the bug shield, fogs & R splash guards. It looks great!!! :shades:
    Guess what, my vacation credits and days off will be eaten up by another delearship service tommorow. I am going to Ourisman Honda in Laurel MD for another MUCH LOATHED DELEARSHIP VISIT.Does anyone know how to make the TPMS lights shut off inspite of having the recommended tire pressure on it?The Service representative from Landmark Honda dismiss my TPMS concerns as something that dissapears after I drive the truck around.Ive driven it around and the TPMS stays.WHY ON EARTH AM I HAVING ALL THESE RL PROBLEMS WHILE MOST HAVE NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER.
    "B4 you buy, run water down the windsheild, if NO leaks, BUY it !!

Your kidding right?????????????

From the posts here and the other ridgeline forums these vehicles seem
    like REAL pieces of JUNK !

But the honda faithful will hopefully continue to line up like sheep for the slaughter.............or its gonna be a orphan like the subie baja...... :cry:
  • lightsoutlightsout Member Posts: 2
    Btw, to stay on topic (since my earlier post was off topic a bit). I have had my Ridgeline since March 18th. Its the middle line model, does not have nav system nor a sunroof or XM radio. (these are the only three things missing from a factory install), I have every other factory option. Now, with that said...

I have NO dealer add on options, none. I do not have any leaks, issues with tire gauges, or any type of door closings issues. I just turned the milage to 7400, had my first maintenance work done (100 bucks to honda to tell me its fine, ripoff), and it runs great. If I had to point out my only flaw with the truck so far, its the simple fact that the power door lock button is backwards. Its designed in all RL's that pushing this button up on the drivers panel LOCKS the doors, and pushing it down UNLOCKS. Hope they correct this in later models, and as its NOT a flaw with my RL but a design poorly issue, who knows. Perhaps they wanted to be different.
  • gd113gd113 Member Posts: 114
    But the honda faithful will hopefully continue to line up like sheep for the slaughter.............or its gonna be a orphan like the subie baja.....

Hmmm.... explore other boards here and see if Honda is really junk based on 20 problem vehicles on the Ridge out of 10k sold and see what other makers have any problems. Find a vehicle with not one dissatisfied customer, I don't think you will ;)
  • graylinergrayliner Member Posts: 39
    "3. At 11:35 am, my car had it's first oil change and after a "supposedly thorough test" they told me their is nothing wrong with the wire connections on my trailer hitch. My argument that their is really some thing wrong fell on deaf ears, so I borrowed the delearships yellow pages and call the nearest uhaul. I left the delearship around 12:15 (15 minutes was spent by this guy looking for my RL in the sea of Hondas, he later found out it wasn'nt in the parking lot rather twas still inside the shop.) noon and arrived at the nearest Uhaul in Lorton VA about 9 miles away.The loung que at the U-haul and the 102 degress fahrenheit temp registering on the RL's temp gauge made the process even more painful.MY MIGRAINES WAS KILLING ME."

Wow, that sounds like a bad day. It IS a big deal to spend $38K of hard earned money and have the same problems you'd get from a used car lot. I bet you'll get the bugs worked out of it. Then try to put it behind you. The dealership should give you a rental car and let you be free to live for a day or two while they work on it. Tell them you post here and one potential buyer is having bad forebodings. Ther is a Toyota dealer in my area that is almost criminal -very unlike the other ones I've used. Good luck to you!
    Your kidding right?????????????
    From the posts here and the other ridgeline forums these vehicles seem
    like REAL pieces of JUNK !
    But the honda faithful will hopefully continue to line up like sheep for the slaughter.............or its gonna be a orphan like the subie baja......

That's odd I'm on all the RL forums, and 99% of the people on them that are owners love their RLs. I am a owner with 4,000+ miles and my experience has been stellar. I didn't know I could be so happy with a vehicle. My experience is typical of the RL owners on forums. It's obvious you hate Honda and are biased. your motives are suspect.
    NO MOTIVES.................I just love to lurk and really feel BAD for a
    owner that comes here with problems. Then the honda faithful RIP
    them into pieces because they are having severe problems and
    typical lousy honda dealer service.....like its their fault they just
    purchased a problematic vehicle and can't get it fixed !...............

Gear....I see your posts elsewhere ripping on other troubled ridge
    owners also. Sure glad your happy......................... :confuse:
    I don't know if I would call it "ripping" so much as I would be saying there are people that have much worse problems such as their Ford 150 burning down their house due to a faulty cruise switch that is hot all the time. That's a problem. I'm just trying to put whatever RL problem they may in proper perspective. The Ford owner doesn't even have their house anymore. I'm trying to make the RL owner feel better. If you have a leak in your RL I hope you get it fixed, but it's a leak not a severe mechanical engine or drivetrain problem. If an RL owner says this is their first and last Honda because of a leak, by all means please buy a GM or Ford product. The RL is the best mid size in the market if it meets your needs. It is not a piece of JUNK as you said. Far, far, far from it. Dang straight I'm happy, because I bought a superior product. This is my first Honda and it won't be my last.
    I figured as much.