Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Liner Chat

truckchictruckchic Member Posts: 105
Ok, have a question about Liners. I'm getting my
truck in late october and want to have a liner put
in right away. I want to get a spray in liner but
unsure of what is out there other than Rhino
Lining. I'm in the western subs of Chicago, IL so
something close would be great. I'm also looking
at the pace-edwards roll top cover. So, I want to
get something that will work well with that.
Thanks
Truckchic
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    Look up truck accessories or something to that effect in the phone book and see if rhino linings or Linex is in there. Ill check and see where the closest place is if i can. What city are you from??? I did get a coupon or something from a place in joliet Illinois.

Ryan
  • Options
    hulk66hulk66 Member Posts: 37
    Get a spray-in liner definitely! I have a LINE-X on my truck and glad i have it. Fits like a glove and looks great!
  • Options
    vince4vince4 Member Posts: 1,268
    If you decide to go drop-in, stay away from TuffLiner. Mine bows up 4" off the bed in the rear.
  • Options
    resqmanresqman Member Posts: 71
    Go look at topic 252. There is an ongoing discussion about drop-ins vs spray on liners. Several strong opinions.
  • Options
    mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    ..you never got that to go down?...

I've always felt Duraliner was worth the extra cash....

- Tim
  • Options
    Guys! I'm getting a spray in liner (don't want the drop in - I already know all the problems with those) My Question is which type/brand of liner....Rhino Lining, Line-X, etc.

Sorry if my post was confusing.

truckchic
  • Options
    ..get a line x

- Tim
  • Options
    Shut up Tim

Your not always right haha
  • Options
    I am.....

- Tim
  • Options
    jcmdiejcmdie Member Posts: 594
    This time Tim is right. Line-x is better. I don't know if they have a WEB site or not. I don't know about the western suburbs but I know that there is one in Lakemoor about a 1/2 mile off Route 120 in an industrial park. That one I know about and I think that there is one in Addison. Lakemoor by the way is about 2 miles from 12 & 120.
  • Options
    She wants a spray in not the duraliner so X that off the list buddy
  • Options
    so why not get the chickee liner....after all..it's not gonna get used like a man would use it!

LOL

- Tim
  • Options
    being I'm my own bad self....I'm gonna leave it there!

whata ya think of that buddy?!

- Tim
  • Options
    Im gonna open a can of whoop _ _ _
  • Options
    a 2 oz can doesn't count man..

LOL

- Tim
  • Options
    haha
  • Options
    bcobco Member Posts: 756
    you guys are such jacklegs...

ok, janet, i posted this on your other topic as well. i have the line-x and have pics of the process at

www.picturetrail.com

in the box that says "View Album" enter "kwerking". it'll take you to my three albums and you can see how mine looks. cost me $300. i got under the rail and combined it with Wade black plastic Bed Rail Caps. good combo - for more info on why i went that route, feel free to email me at kwerking@aol.com or just sign my picture trail guest book.

lastly, to find out if/where there is an authorized line-x dealer near you, go to

www.line-x.com and do a zip code search. i like mine a lot, and it's got a lifetime warranty. don't let tim get to you...he's a lesbian trapped in a man's body... LOL!!!

kyle
  • Options
    lost brownie points ace....

..and that free beer!

eheheehhe

- Tim
  • Options
    sorry buddy...had to get you for the "chickee" liner comments...hehe

bco
  • Options
    I was gonna invite yawl over for Labor day..

..But I got surgery to do!

LOL

..if only this was the bar in real life...I live for this stuff.......and my appetite is big!~

- Tim
  • Options
    Tim you rolling up your sleeves???

Im ready to rumble haha

Hmmm labor day you having a bash tim? How far you from south bend indiana?

Ryan
  • Options
    ...uh..about that farr

- Tim
  • Options
    JMCDIE - thanks for the line-x tip. I grew up in Addison IL so I'll have to check out and see if there is one there.

Tim (MGDVHMAN)- thanks for the links. I'll look at the duraliner one too (just worried about rust or crud collecting under the liner - that's my main concern with drop ins (And to answer your comment - Yes, I am a chick! Wanna make something of it???? hehehe) But, I'm a cute truck chick! And....FYI, I actually will haul some stuff around (I have a house (all by my little ole self) and am very big into home repairs, so I need something to haul the bricks, drywall, tile, dirt, etc.) So there! LOL

Ryan (RYANBAB) - Thanks again man! And, did you say that you had a liner in your truck or not? I can't remember.

BCO (Kyle)- thanks for the links. I'll definatley be checking out those pics later today. Do you have a cover on the bed? I'm looking at the rolltop by pace-edwards. So I was curious if anyone had that with a spray in liner. and which should be installed first.

As far as the beer goes.........I wana be included in this one....I love my beer! (and I don't even have the gut to go with it...hehehehe)

Thanks again everyone!
    Truckchic
  • Options
    Yep i have the Rhino liner. When i get home tonight ill send you a pic of it (you can kinda see it) along with the rail caps.

Ryan
  • Options
    Thanks Ryan - that would be good

BCO - Cool pics ....nice action shot too. Awesome truck! Ok, now I'm really anxious to have my truck.....it hasn't been a week yet since I placed the order! Ahhhhhhh....I'm not going to make it!

Well, okay, maybe it will give me some time to look into the bed liner and cover.

Hey, does anyone wish to share the approx. cost of their insurance for the 2000 - 2001 chevy or gmc? I got a quote from my insurance - well kinda, but the 2001 wasn't in their computer yet so i'm not sure if it's a half way decent ballpark or not.
  • Options
    Mines like $800 (750 something) every 6 months ($1400 right now but in 29 days it goes down $600 because ill be 21)
  • Options
    no bed cover. no intent to get one. some day i'll eventually get a capper. just to protect/secure stuff when we go on long trips though.

kyle
  • Options
    obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    UTR, then the pace edwards. Or do the pace edwards first then remove it, do the liner, and reinstall pace edwards. I think the first option works best. LOL
  • Options
    ..as cute as you may/may not be....I already have a chickee of my own....now Babs....he may be in the market?....

Babs does not have a liner....he has a Rhino!

:(

...and a gut is a good thing..it stops food from hitting the floor....gives you a place to rest your arms when crossed....and provides built in air bag protection...

Hey look...there is part of a Krispy Kreme right there!

LOL

- Tim
  • Options
    In the market for what???

Also you forgot tim it (gut) provides a nice pillow for your significant other haha

I dont have a gut (yet) thank god.

Ryan
  • Options
    Wow! Guess someone is full of themselves......
    I'm glad you have a chickie of your own....wasn't looking to become yours - or anyones ----- I have my own rooster thank you!

If you scroll back and remember your comment that the liner wouldn't be used for the same stuff as a 'man' ....I had to correct you! Never Under Estimate a TruckChick!

:>)
  • Options

- Tim
  • Options
    bowhuntwi2bowhuntwi2 Member Posts: 80
    Bet ya our Duraliners will outlast those spray-ins and won't fade in time to a differant color then originally installed. Unless you live by salt water or really don't take care of your truck, it's not going to rust under a slide-in. I have never seen rust under a duraliner. But if you insist on a spray-on, make sure your installer has experience in doing a good job. The installer will make or break a spray job.
  • Options
    Have you had the luxury of having both a spray in and a drop in???? Well i have and they both have their advantages and disadvantages. Drop ins if you use them for actual hauling and stuff kinda fade and look worn also. I know on my old S-10 it was black but when you haul rock and bricks it rubs some of that away leaving it kinda greyish color.

Ryan
  • Options
    I doubt if it was a Duraliner. But time will tell, how long have you had your sprayed in liner? a few months, have you gotten that truck dirty yet?
  • Options
    As a matter of fact it is a duraliner older model probably got it in 92. My spray in is filthy as we speak. I hauled a bunch of mulch for my backyard thank god this is the last time until spring. Major landscaping project is done.

I have experience with both especially at work. I work in a lumber yard. See more bedliners and trucks than you im sure. They both hold up very well trust me. Only really major reason i got the spray in was so things dont slide around. I hated that in my S-10.

Ryan
  • Options
    obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    and not manure.....LOL

Dean
  • Options
    EWWW no way. This guy at work wanted to borrow my truck to haul manure (he was messing with me). He bugged me everyday from the time i ordered it till i got it to borrow it.

Ryan
  • Options
    Spray-ins are fairly new, time will tell if they hold up or not.....Slide in's you can replace or pull out all together. Spray on's, your stuck with, whether you like them or not, I suppose you can respray, or heaven forbid, buy a slide-in to put over the spray-in. Menards wouldn't be happy to hear you call their Home Improvement Store, a mere lumber yard.
  • Options
    I said i work in thelumber yard.

Ryan
  • Options
    Ill go with everyday stuff NOT BOULDERS being dropped in the back. Regualr size bricks and tools your on

Ryan
  • Options
    warfishwarfish Member Posts: 117
    a fifth wheel hitch over a Duraliner or any other drop in. The only practical way to do is is to cut out the openings for the rails, and then you have a liner that won't hold anything from getting under it. Rhino liner, speedliner, Arma coat and linex will all do the job very nicely under the hitch.
    My Rhinoliner has had pretty hard use, but I don't drop concrete blocks into it from the loading dock. It's holding up very well, cleans to like new with little effort, and in my humble opinion is a superior product. We all have our own needs and uses for our trucks and I would not belittle anyone elses choice of a liner. Go with what you are comforable with.
  • Options
    Hi - I'm purchasing a 2001 GMC Sierra 4wd 4door (Sister to the Silverado). I'm also looking at spray in liner....why did you choose (or are you choosing) Line-x over Rhino? This is something I've been trying to research, so I'd love any info you can add to my reserach.

As far as cap - I can't help you...I'm looking at a roll-top personally and going with Pace-Edwards roll top.
    Skid Plates - coming with my truck
    Running boards - I bought them direct from the dealer (well, had them thrown in for the price of truck)

Thanks
    Truckchic
    (I have 4 more weeks to wait for my truck! I'm really anxious!)
  • Options
    kalwoodkalwood Member Posts: 17
    I haven’t chosen a bedliner yet. I’m considering a Line-X over Rhino because: (1) it was the first spray-in liner I heard of. (2) Rhino seems to be more susceptible to being gouged by a sharp object such as a shovel. Their website confirms, http://www.rhinolinings.com/ go to FAQ. (That is the USA website, Rhino Linings is actually a South African company, http://www.rhinolinings.co.za/.) The counter point to this is that items in the bed are reported to not slide around. Near as I can tell this is the biggest practical difference between the two. (3) The local Rhino dealer has closed. I’ve not seen a Rhino liner but am still looking. I’m going to have to travel further to a dealer. (Line-X website: http://www.line-xeffects.com/) Both advertise lifetime warrantees. I’ll share what I learn and what I decide.

Good luck with your Sierra. I included the Sierra in my search but the GMC dealers did not respond to my web inquiries. I took an end of the model year truck to get the best price. Some options I was willing to add later to take advantage of the end of year sell-off.

KALW
  • Options
    lmbarberlmbarber Member Posts: 14
    I've decided to go with the LineX. Both Rhino and LineX dealers were within a couple of miles of each other so geographics was not an issue. Prices were about the same so that was not an issue. Just felt beter about the LineX product and liked the guys there.
  • Options
    rrichf1rrichf1 Member Posts: 47
    Truckchic,
    IMHO I don't think that there is much difference between Rhino and Line-X except for looks. Line-X looks like a zillion tiny black marbles held together by gobs of black epoxy. Rhino looks more like the texture that is applied to dry wall. Kind of stringy but yet flat. Unfortunately both will turn from shiny black to sort of a charcoal black. Both look rather good, even after a few years. The culprit of the color change is car wash soap. I have the Line-X and like it. However for my uses I think that the next truck will have the drop in.
    Rich
  • Options
    harleydudeharleydude Member Posts: 5
    I also have the line-x liner, 1 yr old and starting to fade now, i will go with a rubber bed mat next time, and when the bed gets to looking real bad i will have it sprayed then. The best truck cap on the market to me is a (Slim Line) cover made in Newton N,C, hand made by a small company, i have had mine for 13 years and it still looks great.mine is the low profile cover, this is the first company to make the low profile cover, same price market as the lears.
  • Options
    meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
    After 30 or more days of inactivity....

this topic is being "frozen." It will be archived or deleted in the next 10 days or so.

Front Porch Philosopher
    SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host
This discussion has been closed.