Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Camry Real World MPG

1171819202123»

Comments

• debbie68debbie68 Member Posts: 17
    First, thank you for all of your help re my dash lights. I am all set!

Now --- I am thinking I am not getting good mileage, but I may be ahead of myself. I fueled up on Thursday night, put about 75 miles on since then, and the fuel gauge is on the second hatch mark (the first one being right under the (F) for full. On my 2000 Camry, that was a 5-gallon mark. If the hatch mark is the same for the 2011, then I am in trouble.

Thoughts?

Thank you in advance!
  • flbntzflbntz Member Posts: 43
    I have a 2011 Camry AT that I purchased new in April of 2011. My first tank, I got 32mpg, second 30, and then as low as 25mpg with constant ac use, but it's come back up to 29 with the last tank, as I stopped using the ac. Am about to take my first highway trip with it tomorrow, so, won't know actual highway milage until then, but I averaged 27/28 in mixed driving in the summer with the ac on. Had similar drop in milage with ac use with a 2010 VW Golf I had, and just the opposite with a 2010 Prius: it dropped in the winter, due to the gas motor needing to run more, to power the heater. Let us know how you do, and how it compares to the older Camry. This is my first Camry, so I didn't know what to expect.
    PS I wouldn't be too worried about the hash mark. I think the bulk of the gas is represented by the space between the first, and third hash marks. I think what looks like the top 1/4, and bottom 1/4 tanks are actually smaller then the bigger areas that appear to be the second, and third 1/4's of the tank. I think that that is where the lion's share of the gas is in the tank. Good luck!
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    edited October 2011
    So what was the outcome with the dash lights?

I would not worry about were the fuel gauge is - just take total miles divide by total amount of fuel you put in on your next re-fuel. Make sure you go to the same pump, and just fill to the first shut-off of the fuel pump, if you want to be real sure of the accuracy.

My 2010 6 speed manual Camry is getting just what I would expect vs. the EPA ratings. On my trip to/from work, I am about 31.2 mpg with summer fuel and a/c on (55 mph, 2 lane road with traffic lights (60%), and 40% light city driving. On strictly the highway at 65 mph, I can get 33 mpg with no ac, and light winds, summer fuel. If I drive slower (like how the EPA does the ratings, I could do even better).
  • coviekiller5coviekiller5 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    For those who don't want to read the whole post, here's my stats:
    Overall MPG over 10 fill-ups, 3217 miles: 22 mpg
    MPG 100% freeway: 30 (70-80 MPH)
    MPG mostly windy back-roads: 20 (aggressive driving)
    MPG mixed: 22 (aggressive driving)

I have been keeping track, on and off, for the past year or so of my mileage and overall I have gotten about 22 mpg, including the time I drive on the freeway, thats over 10 fill ups I have recorded in the past year. Not including time spent on the freeway, I get more like 20 mpg. However the one time I kept track of the mileage going on a ~700 mile trip all interstate I got just over 30 mpg, going 70-80 MPH 95% of the way.

Earlier in the year I had a 20 or so mile a day commute, and since the fall I have had a roughly 60 mi a day commute (both ways). My 20 mile commute was on back country roads, really pushing the accelerator and only got 20 mpg. However my 60 mile commute is about half on highways, but with a good amount of stop and go with traffic lights... or if the traffic is bad. I get about 23-24 mpg on my 60 mile commute so my overall average has been improving ever so slowly.

I drive pretty aggressively as I am just about always late so I can't really blame the car, as when I stuck it on the highway for a few hundred miles on cruise, it certainly got decent mileage. I plan on trying to drive it a bit more softly, and maybe I can get better mileage. As it is, I don't really get that great mileage, compared to a family members 09 V6 Lexus ES350. However I love the car, its rock solid and rides well. Just wish it would get better mileage. Probably my fault though lol...

Also my in-car mileage meter is way off, it reads 24 and up basically all the time. Its usually off by about 4-8 mpg.
    Just got back from a 554 mile trip, 85% highway at 70-75 mph, no AC use, light winds. I got 32.1 mpg (17.24 gallons). Very satisfied.

2010 Camry, 6 speed manual transmission.
    Three and a half hour drive each way, 70-60mph, disappointing, 30mpg round trip, about a tankful of gas. Sticker on car says 32mpg highway. Mixed driving normally, 27mpg, but goes as low as 25mpg, two-thirds highway, one third city driving. A little disappointing. Had a big Chevy Impala, six cylinder 3.4 liter, averaged 30-31 mpg, mostly highway driving. Strictly highway, 34-35mpg. 2003 Mercedes E320, 3.2 liter six-cylinder, averaged 25mpg, with same driving that get 27mpg Camry. Camry varies a lot, though. Get almost 29 mpg sometimes, and then as low as 25mpg. Not consistent like other cars I've had.
  • dlhuwaldtdlhuwaldt Member Posts: 1
    What mpg do you get in the city with the Toyota Camry (2010 to 2012)?
  • patriotpaulpatriotpaul Member Posts: 6
    My 2011 I4 XLE continues to impress. I just finished a three-day sojourn from NH to FL and the third day was spectacular. I filled the tank with 87 octane to the nozzle shutoff plus $2.00, cranked 'er up and pulled onto US-301 in Hawthorne, FL, connecting with I-75 to Naples. I set the cruise control to no more than 55 where ever i could and arrived in Naples with a tank average of 44.2 mpg. The highest I've ever seen was 47.3 mpg about ten miles down 301 from the gas station. I'm using Toyota's synthetic oil, have 14,900 miles on the Camry and the back seat and trunk were filled to capacity with luggage and stuff. I expect to get around 27 mpg in the Naples area.
  • 951camry951camry Member Posts: 24
    Average 25 mpg on the freeway in bumper-to-bumper traffic. 29+ mpg if no traffic. Low 20s in the city.

Original owner. 185,000 miles. no mechanical repairs or failures to date. Only routine scheduled maintenance and conventional oil changes every 3000-5000 miles.

Outstanding reliability, quiet ride, adequate performance.
  • 2012crvlxawd2012crvlxawd Member Posts: 11
    2002 Camry LE, 4 cylinders, 235,000 miles, has lifetime average 33+ mpg.
  • naatz1naatz1 Member Posts: 188
    Just picked up a new XLE 4 cyl a week ago. Details of this purchase are on the "Prices Paid" forum. My first measured mpgs:

BEST CASE Highway 70mph = 40mpg. Truly a best case w/no wind or AC, level I-90 40mi stretch with around 475lbs of passengers and trunk items. Using car's mpg computer.

20/50/30 of hwy/suburban/in town = 33.9 mpg. This included the above 40 hwy miles too with same passenger configuration. Using 210 mis and 6.2 gals filled. Light footed but a more realistic case than the best case scenario above.

250 mi highway and suburban drive. 4 full size adults ie, 875 lbs passenger & 50 lbs trunk items. Rolling hills, some AC usage, 20-30 mph S wind, using car's mpg computer:
    - 80 hwy mis headed N (with the wind) 38 mpg
    - 170 mis includes 80 hwy miles and then suburban/in town 34 mpg
    - 80 hwy mis headed back into the strong wind 33 mpg

Note despite the unseasonably warm spell I believe we are still using "winter gas" in the northern states which usually do not switch over until April 1 and that could result in even higher mpgs from April - October. I will update this forum in the future.
  • hwyhobohwyhobo Member Posts: 265
    > 20/50/30 of hwy/suburban/in town = 33.9 mpg

Wow, how do you do this? I have a new 2.5l LE (1K miles so far), same proportion of hwy/sub/town, am a conservative driver (no gunning), and I cannot even reach 26 mpg average. I have to say I am rather disappointed. Based on the fact that all my other cars have always exceeded projected mpg (some by a good margin), this is quite a letdown.

I might have bought a hybrid, but Toyota does not offer a power seat option in hybrid LE, only XLE (unlike on a regular LE, where they do offer power seat option - I have to say those marketing games are really annoying).
  • janderson8janderson8 Member Posts: 30
    I'm with you. I don't know how some people get such terrifc mpg from their Camrys while we usually get at least 20% under the stated mpg of 23 mpg in the city (more like 25% under in the winter). On the highway with ideal conditions we can sometimes match the stated highway mpg of 28, but have only gotten more than that with a strong tailwind, (and we are also very careful drivers.) We get a bit above the stated mpg from our Honda Civic, so it isn't our driving habits. I think some engines are just put together better or for some reason get better mileage---or those great mileage numbers are based on one fillup that just doesn't happen to fill all the way. Either that or we got unlucky and have something wrong with our engine that was never diagnosed.
    I get anywhere from 24 to 32mpg, with no rhyme, or reason, on my Camry I4 AT. Same driving, same driver. I usually am above stated milage with other brand cars than Toyotas.
    My mileage has always been fine. Now, if I get in the dead of winter and/or in heavy stop and go traffic with LOTS of zero mpg time, my mpg can get very low, but that's normal. Or if I accelerate hard and do 75+ mpg on the highway, it will be lower. On my normal commute, I can get 32 mpg. I have no problem matching EPA ratings WHEN I HAVE CONDITIONS THAT ARE SIMILAR TO THE WAY THE EPA TESTS. This is the same as ANY car I have ever had, no mater which car.

MPG is a huge variable, depending on hundreds of factors. That's why the EPA rates the cars, not the manufacturer. The cars are all built with extremely tight tolerances, so I really doubt that one car gets a significantly different mpg than another of the same make, model, year. The variance is all in the 100's of real life variables. I really doubt it is the car. Check Toyota nation forums also - no real complaints.
    I've had tons of cars in my life. Honda Civic, 32-38 EPA, got 44 on highway one time. The Toyotas have been different, FOR ME. I like my Toyota, BUT, it doesn't get great gas milage. Inconsistant, with same driver that got 44mpg on 38mpg rated Honda Civic. Got 35mpg with 2004 Chevy Impala, rated 32 mpg on highway. Got 37mpg with Golf, rated at 32 mpg on highway. It's not me. It's the car. Plenty of others report same thing with this car. You're lucky. You're one of the lucky ones.
    I have no idea how I do it either, sounds like very similar vehicles. Not sure where you live but we are in a fairly flat spot in SE MN, few 100-300 ft hills around town, so that may help me. I generally don't drive with more than 2 in the car but the last non interstate hwy trip I had a few weeks ago was getting 37 MPG at under 65 mph for 200 miles with 2 in the car, no AC. Now the past 2 weeks of city/suburban driving I am getting 29 MPG. I am fairly light footed but if people are behind me I will gun it more to keep with the flow of traffic. When I did play around using the shiftable tranny and winding up the 5000 rpm the mileage did go much lower. Note in MN we have to use 10% ethanol in the gas; I don't know if we still have winter gas (less MPGs) but suspect we've converted to summer gas. I also checked twice and my trip computer was right on for MPG vs measuring miles vs gals in a tank fill. So I'd give the Camry MPG an A, but could understand why you and others on this forum would not be as pleased ...
    The milage I got in all the other vehicles was the same terrain as the Camry. Sounds like you got "a good one". Many of the rest of us have not. Still, I do like the car, but was disappointed at the gas milage. Prius as well.
    Check Toyotanation.com. I don't consider myself "lucky," just normal.
    naatz1, I just do flat suburban commute, nothing special, no gunning, rapid acceleration, nothing of the kind. My other cars have given me consistently better gas mileage than rated. Quite the opposite with the Camry. The gas here is also an ethanol mix.
    I went to the shore yesterday, 3 hrs each way. Tank at 1/2 = 300 miles! Thought, "This is great!", then hit all kinds of traffic coming home. Had gone early in the morning, never thought everyone would be coming home later Sunday. Still, 32.67mpg is the best milage I've gotten on it so far. I'd thought of the ethanol thing, too, but all my other vehicles have eaten the same diet, and always exceeded EPA estimates.
    I'd been waiting a while for another comment but just got back from a 300+ mile trip to visit family in a neighboring state giving me another long hiway mile test. Four full size adults with a -full- trunk of luggage, over 900 lbs of people and "stuff". No AC needed, but trip outbound was into a 20mph head wind. 17% city miles, 83% interstate (speeds between 68-70+ mph). We got 32.1 MPG using miles & gals vs 32.5 on trip computer.

With that, I have joined the FUELLY.com group and will start posting future fills there based off miles and gals. I recommend some here take at look at that site and sort by engine size and model year to get another view of what others are getting. Edmunds is still a great site for reviews, TCO and gen'l user info forums so I will keep scanning it for that as well.

I do think a big variable for these types of reports is what do people consider as CITY vs SUBURBAN vs HIGHWAY. There is a big difference in MPGs off the 55-60 mph 2 lane highway vs 70-75 mph interstate highway. Then AC, loads, and wind are a big factor especially on highway MPGs, none of which seem to get into EPA ratings.
  • hp2009hp2009 Member Posts: 65
    i heard that toyota display mpg and calculated mpg are not same in prius,camry,prius v...can any body give me their experience please on 2012 camry.
    I am not sure what you mean that "display" and "calculated" are not the same. I only know about the 2012 Camry non-hybrid XLE which has three ways to see mpg: the dash right side meter, the dash odometer when pressed to the avg mpg (holding that button resets both it and the meter), and with the basic Nav/Entune radio the vehicle button on the radio can show past 5 mins and trips mpg. There has been some debate if these car computer calculated mpgs equal those measured from actual miles and gallons on fillup, however here are my past four actual mi/gals vs computer mpg: 28.3 vs 28.7, 32.5 vs 32.7, 31.0 vs 31.5, 34.6 vs 34.5. I've been adding my actuals on the fuelly.com website; if I wasn't I would trust the car computer reading to be accurate enough.

After almost 5000 mi in the past 3 months I am still very satisfied with the new Camry XLE, I'd give it a 96/100 on comfort, mpg and quality!
    Hi hp2009. In my case the difference between displayed and calculated is so miniscule (< 0.2 mpg) as to be irrelevant.
  • crazedcommutercrazedcommuter Member Posts: 281
    My 2008 Solara 4 cyl has approx a 2-3 mpg difference between the computer reading and calculated mpg-with the computer reading HIGHER than calculated. At every fillup I top off the tank to the filler neck so that I can gauge accuracy of the fillup. I divide the # of gallons filled into the mileage. Since changing my spark plugs in the last 1,000 miles, I see an increase in mpg, both calculated and computer read.
    My 2008 Solara 4 cyl gets worse mpg with ethanol gas additives. I notice that the lower the ethanol content, the better my mpg. I try to find gas stations that have pure gas or lower ethanol content for better mpg. I live in the Wash, DC metro area and Liberty gas stations advertise their pure gas products-so I try to fill up there when I can. I found that I get the worst mpg when I gas up at either Costco or Flying J even though their prices are usually the lowest in my area. I also got crummy mpg from my last 2 tanks of Sunoco 87. For me, my best mpg's come from Liberty, Exxon, Shell, and BP.
  • larestlarest Member Posts: 2
    I bought the Camry 2012; XLE 4 cyl in MA, only 1400 miles so far. Driving in the city , average 20-21 miles per gallon. I called the dealer service, I was appalled when they told me to expect 6 mpg swing; I was advised to start a log with the fuel I put in vs actual miles I get. I am starting to do that. In addition to that I was told they can do nothing to correct it at the dealership technical service. Big reason for me to to buy this car was fuel economy. It may be too early to be worried; I just want to hear others that have similar situations.
    Yes, you are way too early to be worrying about this - your first tank involves idling and very short trips at the plant, transport, dealership, etc.

Your car will be fine - low mpg is a common, but 99.9% of the time, incorrect complaint.
  • larestlarest Member Posts: 2
    I started recording MPG; I fill the tank completely, record the miles until i fill it up again; this time I drove more in highway; result: 19 miles per gallon.Iis this a LEMON???
  • racer100racer100 Member Posts: 8
    I have a 2012 Camry LE. Its used mostly for city driving and almost everyday it does a 1 mile uphill climb. The mileage on the odometer has never dropped below 22.5 and never gone above 23.2
  • katsvolvokatsvolvo Member Posts: 3
    "...At every fillup I top off the tank to the filler neck..."

Not a good idea...can damage evaporative emission components...expensive repair
  • katsvolvokatsvolvo Member Posts: 3
    I'm new to the Camry since Oct...have only driven local streets for the past 3 months and am averaging 24-25 mpg...
    Thanks kats. No longer have the car. Just traded for a 2012 Prius.
  • dudleyrdudleyr Member Posts: 3,469
    How is mpg on the Fusion. I have heard not very good things about the efficiency of the Ford Turbos.
    Back and forth to work a mile and a half up a hill, and down a hill, 14.1mpg. 2.5l 4. I do let it warm up until the tach drops below 1,0000 rpm before putting it in gear. Low thirties on back roads, and higways. Not disappointed, though. Satisfying car to drive. Camry was no problem, Fird just a bit more engaging. A little narrower.
  • phoenixsrphoenixsr Member Posts: 2
  • phoenixsrphoenixsr Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I planned to buy a used solara (4.0 cyl). Everything is good except the MPG. It displays 11 MPG. The owner doesn't give me good explainasion. I think he doesn't know car well. Does anyone know what may happen to this car? What kind of behaviour may lead to this? Is it worth to buy it?

Hope someone can help. Thank you!
    edited March 2013
    You say it displays 11 mpg. It could have been idling for a while, during which time it get 0 mpg. Reset the mpg, then go for a drive on the highway at a steady 65mpg - it will be way above 11 mpg, unless you are stopped a lot.

It's fine, no issues, and it will be able to get EPA rated mpg, if you drive it like they rate them.
  • cheap_charliecheap_charlie Member Posts: 2
    If the MPG indicator is not screwed up there are only two ways I can visualize it indicating 11 MPG and being correct. That is that as mcdawgg said, but only if the tank was just filled, what does the gas gauge say? Or there is something seriously wrong with the engine management system. We just returned from a 4,000 mile trip with a 2011 Camry 4cl and got 31.5 MPG, that was a bit less than usual due our bad luck bucking headwinds.
  • cabbit75cabbit75 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2013
    Ok just bought this car on 02/20/2013 coming from 18 year old 1995 Camry LE 4 Cylinder and getting 20.5 mpg driving last 5 years working within 3 miles from work. It had 25,584 odometer miles and is a certified pre-own 160 point inspected car.
    Carfax Report
    01/10/2013 25,581 Liberty Toyota Scion
    Burlington, NJ
    609-589-1164
    libertytoyota.com
    Pre-delivery inspection completed
    Maintenance inspection completed
    Brakes checked
    Front wiper blades/refills replaced
    Alignment performed
    Air filter replaced
    Two tires mounted and balanced
    Cabin air filter replaced
    Rear brake rotor(s) resurfaced
    Washed/detailed
    Carpet protection installed

Problem-My first tank of 18.5L got me 12 MPG from 231 miles trip computer. I get the engine light and battery on first push of start button and then it clears after pressing the gas pedal and pushing the start button again. Had it take to Liberty Toyota dealership came back no CEL or issues on full diagnostic's check. This was after calling Toyota customer care to get them to look at it after telling me 12-14 mpg is normal. Here is the run down after over 2 months of driving using tier 1 gas "Shell 87 REG 89 PLUS, Exxon 87 REG 89 PLUS 93 SUPER, and Sunoco 87 REG 89 PLUS" I get an average of 12-15 mpg. It starts out the same first I get 20-23 mpg then before I hit a mile going home it drops down to either 18-19 mpg then if I traveled more between 2-20 miles it will drop to 16-17 mpg. By the 2nd or 3rd day the MPG drop to 13-14 mpg city driving/hwy. I live near I-95 and on the Roosevelt Blvd in Philadelphia. My city speed is 30-35 mph and when I jump on the BLVD its 40-45 mph and 55-65 mph for I-95. My average I-95 hwy miles is 16-18 mpg and only 1 time I got 20-21 mpg on I-95. Given I drive an average of 10-12 miles a day city and on my days off I can drive from 20-50 miles per day I've yet to see good MPG.

Private Mechanic-My personal Mechanic from muffler place put the car on the lift rotated my tires with his hands found no resistance and no heat coming off the tires. We examined the entire bottom and air filter was bleach white and valves were clean with no signs of leaks ever from gas tank to the front of the car. Checked the throttle body which was fine and fuel injectors are factory and spark plugs were fine too. MAF sensor was fine and oil amount checked out ok along with brake, transmission, and coolant etc fluilds. The only thing was pretty thick smoke did come out of a 26.666 mile car at the time which was 3 times thicker than the 100k mile sports utility Ford explorer after the fuel injection cleaning. Now I got for 3 days 18-20 mpg after that but even the 2nd fuel injection cleaning it still has not seen the light of day past 16 mpg and 13 mpg driving at 1500-2000 rpm tops. I have to baby it to get 15 mpg and if drove the car without worrying it would drop to 12.XX-13 mpg in a heartbeat.

Driving habits- I drive super conservative. My first car a 1995 Camry LE V4 had 156,189 miles (18 years of amazing longevity) before it got totaled by a crazy old lady in a CRV 2011 Honda hitting me on her passenger side front corner bumper and digging into me from my driver side back wheel near the gas cap to the front of my driver side front wheel almost pushing me into oncoming traffic (I was in the center lane "She was too busy worrying behind her while merging too far ahead invading my lane"). Anyhow I feather the gas pedal tapping it 1 inch to 2 inches tops when needed keeping it at an average of slow pushing 1500-2000 rpms peak. I coast on downward hills gracefully and slow gradually at stop lights. I played piano for 13 years since I was 5 years old I know how to decrescendo my foot pedal. I have taken long drives to KoP to Bristol PA and still haven't seen the light of day above 20 mpg average on the I-95 73 or 76. My commute around my apartment is right on the Roosevelt Blvd which is mostly down hill going northbound.

Question-So my question is without any check engine lights and don't warm up the car beyond 30 seconds and the engine temp on ultra gauge is coming up 195F on my commutes to work how is it I'm only getting 12-15 mpg?

Please Help!- I've yet to see anyone with low gas mileage have an answer posted beyond selling the car off. I love this car, haven't liked a Camry design since the 1995 and love the options and safety features I got (I finally have ABS breaks!) and price on the car not to mention finally got a silver car like I always wanted. But this one important thing of not getting decent gas mileage is making me lose sleep and talking about it like a complete nut case for months now. Please anyone on this site if you had bas gas mileage on a Camry 2007-2011 please send me your solutions or advice . I really need your support and want to figure this out before I blow gasket myself. I drove a Camry for 18 years and looking to drive this one for 20 more years.

I really need to fix this car up because everything else about it is unique as a used car and I know most of its flaws beside the MPG problem. I really want a resolve. Thanks!
  • tro1tro1 Member Posts: 1
    2012 camry LE (NOT hybrid): just drove170 miles (WI to MN), x2 in a week, set cruise control for about 68mph. 41mpg each way. Now driving moderate hills, country highway, again, above 40mpg, with cruise at 60mph. No tricks, no driver's skill, just a cruise control. The only potential problem are turkeys and deer at night. Hypermiled once 30 miles at around 50-55mph and still have 48.5mpg as the best result on the car computer. Go figure.
    Ok only doing Full Tank Fill ups from this point on. Last tank during my vacation got me 333.2 Trip Miles of 18.036 Gallons of Sunoco 93 Super. That gave me 18.5 MPG doing I-95, I-73,I-76 Roosevelt Blvd driving. 200 miles of that was HWY driving and the highest I saw during those travels was 22.5 MPG for a brief 1 time drive to average of 20 mpg and then dropped to 19 mpg on my Ultra Gauge/Dashboard Tank Average Meter. I'm on my second full tank of now REG87 Sunoco from the same pump and gas station and it looks so far I'm doing 17-18.5 mpg averages. I have used Cheveran Techron Concentrated Fuel Injection Cleaner and 2 professional front/back Fuel Injection Cleanings and still no progress on MPG since march 2013 purchase with 25,584 OM and 1 year 2 month of usage. I have no leaks or smells of gas coming from the tank or engine front compartment areas had my tires rotated manually for resistance and Synthetic Oil Change and air filter is still bleach white cleaned. No CEL lights either and Tire is at 35 PSI.

Anyone have suggestions what could be wrong? No gas leaking from fuel injectors fuel filter is fine spark plugs are denso originals and O2 Sensors front and back are working fine with proper voltage readings. Its been an obsession since march 2013 trying out Tier 1 Gas stations "Shell and Exxon" on regular, Plus, Super 93 and still no progress on MPG. I had 12-15 average during the first 3 months and between 14-16 mpg up until now standard 18 gallon fill ups only. I run the gas below empty with my spare gas can to aid me and Ultra Gauge spotting my actual gas levels tracking down to fumes practically. Where is this 28-30+ mpg people keep posting on fuel sites? is 95% of the country just driving on flat 55mph-60mph hwy driving all the time to get these MPG averages? Because I've yet to see anything close to EPA MPG. Had it taken to dealership full CEL diagnostics and nothing came back. Went to new owners event and all I get is 12-15 mpg is normal on a V6 on short trips. My 1995 LE 4 cylinder gave me 20-25 mpg on this commute for the past 5 years doing 1-3 miles one way trip to work. Please someone give me some shouts on possible fixes that helped them get 30-35% better fuel economy? Because that's what the loses I'm looking at right now.