Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Silverado Rear Window Electric Defogger

psp1996psp1996 Member Posts: 18
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
Anyone out there have the rear window electric
defogger in their Silverado Ext. Cab? Is this
option worth getting? Appreciate your opinions
good/bad.

Thanks, Lewis

Comments

• mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    and really wanted a slider....but the LT is a defogger..and slider wasn't an option....

It turned out the sliders were cracking..so that was better not to have one...but I swore I never needed one before....so why get it now?

well....being my first extended cab...i found the rear window seems to fog up more with an ext.cab than a reg.cab....so it gets used...

It's no biggee to not have it....but I guess it's good to have...

Good luck

- Tim
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    Does yours fog up from the inside like Ryan's or the outside like everybody else? LMAO!!

Dean
    from now on we are on a need to know basis.....

..and I didn't need to know that!

LOL

....keep sweatin' Ryan.....you'll get in someday!

- Tim
    ..oh well..

- Tim
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    Thanks guys

I have no rear defoggers and im happy i didnt get them havent had a need for them yet

Ryan
    I feel for ya ace....

- Tim
    Guess ill find out for sure if i regret not getting them after labor day :)
  • bob332bob332 Member Posts: 137
    Lewis, Get the rear defogger if you live in an area subject to frost and sleet. Will save some time in a cold parking lot, etc scraping the rear window, which is hard to reach. If I remember correctly, this option also includes heated outside mirrors. The more we can see on those bad winter days, the safer we can drive. Bob
  • rcoosrcoos Member Posts: 167
    I have the rear window defroster & heated mirrors on my truck. I have a LT model, it comes standard on this package.

I just came back from Alaska & used the defroster for the first time. It worked great & it's nice to clear the outside mirrors too!

I hope you look at the LT model over the LS. The heated leather bucket seats are really a nice feature.

rcoos
  • z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    I did not think I would ever use them or the heated seats - I live in Houston - no snow or ice. But many mornings the windows and mirrors are fogged over. About 1 minute after hitting the button it clears the fog. I have even used the heated seats a few times- when it got down into the mid 40's - brrrrrr. I sure don't miss the winters in Minnesota
    Mid 40's haha during the winter here thats a heat wave. Only time i used heated seats was in my dads blazer when it was -20 last winter.

Ryan
    what you are missing....

I use the seat heaters every day from Oct-may..even used them a few weeks ago when it was 58 in the AM...

am I cold?....no....But it's so nice and cushyyy to have them on....like a heat massage on yer rear!

LOL

- Tim
    pad for the aches and pains...LOL

Dean
    ...another reason i got the fully adjustable lunbar/sideback bolsters....I need support

- Tim
    haha old man tim
    after the Labor day weekend...do you now wish you had the rear window defogger? LOL

Sorry Tim, I just had to ask...

Dean
    Funny you ask and my answer is still no. COuldnt see outta the windows totaly fogged up but afterwards i popped the rear windows out and opened the rear door (thank god i have 4 doors haha) to get out of the back then got in started the truck up and the windows were all clear. My windows need cleaning now for sure but thats no biggie.

Also some things about the seating (bucket vs bench)

Advantages
    Bench - sit closer together in the front
    Bucket - easy to get into the back seat

Disadvantages
    Bench - bad access to get to rear seat
    Bucket - sit to far away and have to stretch

Ryan
    ..uh huh...

- Tim
    you could figure out about the bench vs. bucket seats by watching Happy Days reruns....so when would you need the defoggers for the rear window?

Dean
  • meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
    After 30 or more days of inactivity....

this topic is being "frozen." It will be archived or deleted in the next 10 days or do.

Front Porch Philosopher
    SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host
This discussion has been closed.