Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

DODGE VS CHEVY, FORD, TOYOTA, SORRY DODGE IS NUMBER 1

Comments

• Options
    eharri3eharri3 Member Posts: 640
    They've made steady revisions to their small block designs over the last 40 years so the newer versions are similar to their predecessors only in general architecture. The Ram V8's have not changed nearly as much. And I would take squeaks and rattles over transmission replacements any day because sooner or later the warantee wears out and then new trannies are no longer on the house
  • Options
    eharri3eharri3 Member Posts: 640
    The Chevy 6.0 makes about 50 extra horsepower and 30 extra pound-feet of torque with 1/10th of a liter in extra displacement.
  • Options
    obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    I'm glad to see someone making some sense. f150rules would rather have the failing tranny which he can cover with an extended warranty. But what does that do for you when you're left 100 miles from nowhere. Similar to the brakes...will leave you high and dry...unless you want to try the Flintstone technique...
  • Options
    cdeancdean Member Posts: 1,110
    Here is the technology that GM has technology and Dodge doesn't

-Coil over spark ignition
    -run w/o coolant ability of engines
    -Daytime Running Lamps
    -Automatic Nite headlight Control
    -Four-wheel ABS
    -Four-wheel disc brakes
    -Trailer wiring harness
    -Stainless-steel exhaust system, aluminized stainless steel rear of the converter
    -Rear-seat heat ducts
    -Driver Message Center, telling everything about the truck
    -Engine Oil monitoring system
    -Engine Hour meter
    -Hydroformed frames.
    -Total wiring splices of less than 20 in the entire vehicle (as opposed to over 120 in Dodge and Ford)
    -Transmission temp gauge

These are just a few of the obvious features. We could go into how the engines are designed, and how the GM engines are 15 years ahead of Dodge on that...but you probably can't keep up. Let us know if you want to try.

Lets see, I just listed out facts and details that you won't be able to dispute...yeah, we should expect some ranting about number one sales, and something about GM customer service, and about the 6.0 being a half ton engine, and somehow the Ford v10 will get mentioned in this, i'm not sure how. lets hear the broken record.
  • Options
    lariat1lariat1 Member Posts: 461
    Hmmm I wonder what that little seven pin plug is that I have to plug my trailer lights into when I tow my boat.It cant be a wiring harness on my Dodge.And how come I cant lock up my brakes?I know I do not have 4WABS.
    The GM trucks had better have more technology in them the design is 7 years newer than the Dodge if it did not have new technology in it why would anyone buy them?
    By the way if you think the Silverado is so big and bad why cant I get any one to hook their silverado to the bumper of my ram and have a pull off? I promise you I will yank any silverado around the parking lot without even using low gear.
  • Options
    dodgeram7dodgeram7 Member Posts: 55
    This has to be the most fun that I have had in a long time. The Chevy & Gmc owners must be very stupid. What they have done is they have put down the Chevy 5.0-5.7 because it has a much similer in design just like the Dodge 5.2-5.9. This must make the 5.0-5.7 a bad motor too because it was out dated also, but I would take a 5.0-5.7 any day over these new 4.8-5.3 V-8's anyday. So Chevy & Gmc owners think about what you are saying before you out your foot in your mouth next time ok. This is my two cents.
  • Options
    lariat

Thanks for the correction, I figured Dodge had gotten with the times with the trailer harness and ABS is quite lately. Maybe even upgraded exhaust material?

And yes you probably would pull a half ton silverado around with your 3/4 truck. It would be embarrasing if you didn't.

People buy Dodge because of
    A) Cummins great power and rep
    B) Looks
    C) best price on the market
    D) p.o.'ed at Ford or GM for something, and they hated the other, so they decided to give Dodge a try.

Dodge: a very capable truck, build for '94.

Don't worry, I'm sure next year or the year after, Dodges new models will have everyone scrambling. It sounds like their new engines are going to be awesome.
  • Options
    Yes, i was right, the record is still skipping....
  • Options
    jcmdiejcmdie Member Posts: 594
    cdean- I don't always agree with your stuff but your last few posts here are pretty good and accurate. The Dodge is the old man of the crowd and will be getting a makeover in 2002 to correct many of its shortcomings. All three have respectable products and carry certain advantages over the others.

f150rules- Isn't it past time for your medication?
  • Options
    dodgeram7dodgeram7 Member Posts: 55
    Did know one want to make a comment on I am glad I made the Chevy owners mad. Because they know the truth hurts their pride because they were basicly saying that a 5.7 V-8 is just a good for notting piece of junk. I would prefer to have a 5.7 V-8 anyday then that new junk 5.3 V-8. The bad engine killed the good engine the 5.3 killed the 5.7.
  • Options
    oldharryoldharry Member Posts: 413
    in the style of the F150 have seven (7!) lug studs on each wheel. Is this to prevent people from buying aftermarket wheels in the first year? Strange.

Harry
  • Options
    Is everyone ignoring you? Do you wonder why? Do you read your posts and see if they make any sense at all?I think you are starting to embarass all the dodge truck owners out there. Pretty soon they are all going to sell their trucks cause they don't want to be known as owning the same brand of truck as dodgeram7?

Good luck on this one now!!

You are a funny kind of fella...
  • Options
    davids1davids1 Member Posts: 411
    Such entertaining banter. Truth is, when Dodge introduced the current generation Ram in '94, it forced Ford and GM to up the ante. This has been done. Took GM much longer than Ford though. Remember, GM was making the same truck body style since 1988. That style ran for eleven years with only minor cosmetic and interior changes in that time. Don't know the numbers for Ford.

The new Dodge will have the best this and the most technoligically advanced that and the strongest whatsit. Who cares? Buy what you want and be done with it.

Isn't competition wonderful. Prices have shot through the roof though.
  • Options
    ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    I was thinking the same thing. I am half way (not done yet) college educated and i read that post twice and could not understand it for the life of me.

Ryan
  • Options
    mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    Ram7...don't you have homework to do?>...Mommy is calling you...next year you start Jr.High...right?

F150

man...your denail DID use up 99% there ..didn't it?...fact is..you are just jealous you don't have those fancy options. While old style trucks (like current Fords) got along without them...it's nice to have.

do we have to bring out the saying again about F150?

I'll go first...

- You elevator doesn't stop at all floors
    - You are a couple cans short of a six pack
    - The lights are on....but nobody is home

I'm not taking this into personal attacks....but listen to yourself....you are mental or something? it's the same speech over and over and over....with tons of denial.

..why don't you mention 22 years again....we haven't read that in a couple posts lately...

- Tim
  • Options
    you are a sandwich short of a picnic
    your not the sharpest knife in the drawer
  • Options
    bigal31bigal31 Member Posts: 189
    While I'm not a Ford guy (so to speak).

F150rules just killed CDEAN on his posted response to- Technology that GM has and Dodge doesn't...Completley...

Daytime running lights OEWWWWWWW, Man now that is a break through!!!

I just call them as I see them..
    Allen-
  • Options
    ill give one example. DNP

You know what that is? Dynamic rear proportioning. It recognizes rear brake lockup and reprograms braking pressure to front and rear.

Driver Message Center. 15 Functions. low gas, change oil, engine overheat ....

Coolant loss protection. You can lose all your coolent and still drive to safety without ruining the engine.

I guess this isnt technology huh?

Ryan
  • Options
    and the last feature I write with ultimate seriousness.

the daytime running lamps.

I know of a death that would have been saved by daytime running lamps. A car waiting in a turning lane to turn left on a very busy highway. On coming traffic was 2 lanes, 70 mph. It was about 4:00 in the afternoon, plenty of daylight. the road was in a rural area. oncoming truck was tanish, blended in with the trees and ground. the driver didnt see it and turned left in front of it. the truck hit the passenger side killing the passenger. daytime lamps, the driver would have seen the truck.
  • Options
    bcobco Member Posts: 756
    good posts. i totally agree with you on the drl's. i used to drive with my headlights on before i had drl's. i'm actually surprised ford does not have them...ford tends to be very safety conscious. and f150...in my 'rado, i can disable my drl's and automatic headlights if i want to. perfect example is at campgrounds. nobody wants some a-hole shining his headlights in their tents in the middle of the night. so you can disable them and drive using parking lights or ambient moonlight, or whatever...

f150, you said:
    "I am sure this might make a difference to some
    pencil necked geek somewhere, but what difference
    does it really make to most??"
    dude, YOU are the "pencil-necked geek" that asked him to list them. the 20 splices doesn't matter to me either...but you asked. duh.

seriously...the fact that the truck has "limp-home" capability is very reassuring. you can bash gm's by saying that they NEED this feature all you want. but if you're ever out in the middle of nowhere and you do bust your radiator or lose your coolant...just like cdean said, you're going to wish you had that feature.

try to take a step back and be somewhat rational before you type, man. it's completely obvious to anyone reading your totally subjective posts that your main focus is not objectively analyzing data, it's putting one brand down over another. i hate to throw this out there yet again, but that's blind brand loyalty.

i don't know if ford's have this feature, but another chevy feature that i value is the fact that i can disable my passenger airbag if i have a car-seat in the front seat was very important to me. to me...that's a technological advantage.

bco
  • Options
    Yea only reason you beat em was because they didnt know you were racing them. WHy would you buy a truck to race anyways who cares about speed.

Why all the attacks and such? Like "GM
    owners must be too stupid to read a guage or know
    what a red light means."

Also the engine hr meter was a great idea. MAINTENANCE!!! Thats why it is there. Also explain how an engine hr meter means more to go wrong? Its not like if that breaks the truck wont run. Hmmm what do you do for a living F150? Your not around heavy equipment are you? All heavy equipment Cranes, forklifts, ... and so on have engine hr meters. Just another way people do their maintenance.

One thing i want explained F150 is give me a few "good" reasons and explainations on how your truck is better than mine (or anyone elses) and one answer i dont want is that its faster thats not a good one. Please enlighten us

Ryan
  • Options
    This is freakin' ridiculous

F150rules asked what technology that GM had that Dodge didn't.

And I simply just listed the items.

And now we are defending FORDS?

The only thing i've done is list models, actual compteting items, and actual features. It obviously KILLS you to see GM have something competitive. That is your entire purpose, to make them look inferior.

Unfortunately, you are making yourself look that way.
    Grow up. you sound like Dodgeram7.
  • Options
    Hmm seems like you are avoiding my question F150 about reasons why your truck is better than mine
    or is it because there is no answer no one truck is better than another?

To your statement:

"Main reason I am on a rampage is because all the
    egotistical numb brained GM owners are always
    touting to have the best truck. They are always
    right or think they are always right. They always
    put down Ford engines. They always emphasize stupid
    fisher priced quality "gadgets" as to why their
    trucks are so great when higher build quality would
    be much more beneficial.
    And the number one reason.... GM owners would tout
    ANYTHING to be the best available as long as it
    has that stupid looking blowtie emblem on the
    grill!"

Why dont you take out the GM and add FORD. Itll read exactly like this (how you are behaving)

egotistical numb brained FORD owners are always
    touting to have the best truck (HMM F150s is the best out there). They are always
    right or think they are always right (F150 thinks he is always right). They always
    put down Chevy engines (F150 says Chevy has static cling or whatever and is less powerful). And the number one reason.... FORD owners would tout
    ANYTHING to be the best available as long as it
    has that FORD emblem on the
    grill!

* Note i didnt use stupid *

Ryan
  • Options
    rassom1rassom1 Member Posts: 35
    Can't wait for the new 2002 Dodge Rams. New 5.7L Hemi and transmission. What will happen to Ford and GM trucks. They will have to start all over again to catch up.
  • Options
    modvptnlmodvptnl Member Posts: 1,352
    quote;

Coil over spark ignition--------------Ford also
    -run w/o coolant ability of engines---Ford also
    -Daytime Running Lamps -adv.GM. I CAN do it myself
    -Automatic Nite headlight Control-------?????
    -Four-wheel ABS-----------------------Ford also
    -Four-wheel disc brakes --------------Ford also
    -Trailer wiring harness --------------Ford also
    -Stainless-steel exhaust system, aluminized
    stainless steel rear of the converter-Ford also
    -Rear-seat heat ducts ---------advantage GM
    -Driver Message Center, telling everything about
    the truck--------Ford doesn't have anything ??????
    -Engine Oil monitoring system --I still change my oil between 3-5000 miles regardless.
    -Engine Hour meter-----------cute, see above.
    -Hydroformed frames. advantage ?????????????
    -Total wiring splices of less than 20 in the
    entire vehicle (as opposed to over 120 in Dodge and Ford) Simplier, yes. The consumers advantage?????????

-Transmission temp gauge-----only in 3/4 ton AND very useful, should be in all trucks!!!!!

I think you made it sound like GM is the only one that has these features.
  • Options
    Many if not all are standard on the silverado. Are they on the ford??

I really dont know i am curious

Ryan
  • Options
    either but I assumed we were talking "available"

I think the wiring harness on Ford is if you get the trailer tow package.
    4 wheel ABS was optional with 2 wheel standard in 2000(if my memory is right). Everything else I'm pretty sure is standard.
  • Options
    rassom1rassom1 Member Posts: 35
    This forum is being dominated by egotistical Ford and GM owners. Where are all the Toyota and Dodge owners?

This is turned into another Ford vs GM forum.
  • Options
    maybe cause there are more ford and gm owners??? Just a thought (common sense actually just drive down the road and see for yourself)

Ryan
  • Options
    mod:
    that post by cdean was in response to a question posed by f150rules. the gist of the question was: "what does gm have that dodge does not?" so, going down the list saying, "ford has this, that's cute, ford has that..." is kinda pointless.

bco
  • Options
    understand that you're a little fired up from earlier personal attacks...but if you look closely, you're the only instigator now.

now, i do have a question for you. you criticize chevy for not giving the consumer a choice on abs...it's standard. that's bad in your opinion because the consumer should have the option. i agree...the more options the better the end product because, obviously the manufacturer can please/reach more consumers. then, you turn around and say: the wiring harness on the chevy's is only standard with the HD trailer package. unless you order it as an option. and you say that as if it's a bad thing. i thought options were good? if the consumer chooses not to use his vehicle to trailer anything, why have it? so...which is it? are standard things good, or are options good? this is why people attack you and call you names...because you waffle back and forth on certain issues in order to make them fit your needs.

you're never going to reach anybody with your little "blowtie" comments or your gm bashing. i've never heard anyone whine more about "gm egos" and "best truck" comments on any other thread...you are really beginning to bring this site down with your constantly demeaning tone.

bco
  • Options
    I was basing some of my response on post #74.

You're correct on the original post, however.
  • Options
    gotcha...
  • Options
    if you look closely, i think you'll see more outright anger coming from the ford side of the house. but...you have done a wonderful job of creating another pot for folks to stir up...

i can only wonder if meredith has gone on vacation or just given up on trying to moderate some of these sites.

so...why don't you tell us all about your dodge ram? do you have one? if so, what year? performance mods? accessories? mileage? what made you choose it and are you satisfied with how it performs?

bco
  • Options
    You know what's funny? I don't think I'd buy a Toyota because of people like spoog. I was on the fence between Ford and Chevy last year until Zbadunixgomerbudlitedudedbhull started talking about Chevy. Dodgeram has me loathing Dodge.I'm just glad I got my Ford before......well you get the picture.
  • Options
    F150,

If you want anyone to respect you, actually answer the posts, like BCO just wrote.

Answer what he actually said. Answer what i actually say.

instead going off on your broken record "NOthing but Ford" sales pitch. Every time some one points out something like BCO just did, you get in a hissy fit and avoid it and rampage about how terrible GM is.

The reason you don't actually answer the posts: you would have to admit you are wrong.

If you would quit making up stuff just to try to trash a brand, you wouldn't get yourself into this. you spouted off how Dodge has higher technological trucks than GM. I PROVED you wrong.
    then you go on and on and on. the whole time never making one meaningful point or statement.

there is not one person on this who wants to hear your dribble anymore. you made much better sense when you stuck to the actual facts, give and take about each model.

Not one person has said that GM is going to take all of Ford sales. Not one person has trashed Ford trucks. Those are YOUR words.

Your "mission" to prove Ford dominance is just making you look stupid.
  • Options
    ROTFLMFAO!!!

bco
  • Options
    Mod
    thats unfortunate that he does that when people come in here looking for good info and read his rants. the first thing they think...good grief whats wrong with him.
  • Options
    you know it's funny that you say it that way:

"Not one person has said that GM is going to take
    all of Ford sales. Not one person has trashed Ford trucks. Those are YOUR words."

cuz i knew something was missing from this argument. and you're right. nobody is bashing ford. i think everyone (gm fans anyhow) is simply trying to state that there is not as much of a gap between chevy and ford as the 22 years of sales leadership would lead you to believe...interesting.

bco
  • Options
    misunderstandings up.....or have we?
  • Options
    The ONLY things I have posted was catching you in your lies. If that is the case, I am always right. You spout, pout, make somehting up...I show data, a link, a comparison that prooves your lie...and you get quite upset.

re post 110
    once again, No one GM, ford, or dodge bias has said any of that...except YOU. your words. blame yourself for your self induced high blood pressure.
  • Options
    WHy no answer F150 to my origional question??? To hard to answer?

Ryan
  • Options
    read that last 30 posts or so?.....I didn't...hope there is nothing I have to respond to...

take all this energy....get in your trucks...come to a camp site..and lets debate in real life!....hey..sounds like a bash!?

- Tim
  • Options
    I had stated that time will tell as one's true colors always come out over time. Reread your post #68, the sexual connotations don't lie.

Good luck on this one now!!
  • Options
    anonymousanonymous Member Posts: 314
    hey flybaby, i got one thing to say and it's BOO
    HOO. saying the things you do only shows you to
    be more of an ignoramous than the other u-no-who.

now please drop it and get on with life. you act
    as if this is real life. then again you must not
    have a life if you get upset so easy. we loved
    guys like you in the USAF, cause it gave us
    someone to pick on when we had time on our hands.
    now run and tell your c/o.

...red
  • Options
    Your post 113 says that you've been open minded and cival. I've been gone 1 day and over 50 posts and I find out that (see post 68) I'm accused of being a goofy turd and screwing my sister. Perhaps Meridith should be testing his boot size.

Looking at the number of posts you make in the few rooms here that I visit, I have to wonder what you are supposed to be doing all day. Your posts must take hours a day. Don't you have something more constructive to do with your life?
  • Options
    ..people can say that.and still post here...but Trucksrme gets the boot for telling the truth about trucks..

This place is very biased....

- Tim
  • Options
    What the hell is he ranting about now???
  • Options
    Bring back trucksrme. At least he was entertaining.
  • Options
    ...I'm saying people say very vulgar stuff and don't get the boot...while others don't say a single foul word...and do get it.

I've had the boot...and made it back!

- Tim
This discussion has been closed.