Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Tundra vs the Big 3 Continued IV

Comments

• dogman4x4dogman4x4 Member Posts: 16
    Hello All,
    I'm new to this site, and this is about as close a topic as I could see to post my question under. I'm in the process of buying a new truck and have pretty much decided to get the Silverado 2500 HD 4x4 LS ext cab with the Vortec 8100 big block and the Allison 5 spd auto with a 3.73 rear.My first question is... Do any of you know what sort of mileage I should expect... the dealers have told me that they don't have that info(hard to believe but that's what I heard from two different dealerships) Question two...How much above the invoice price is a fair price? I have heard 3% which in this case would be roughly $1000.00. I have only bought one other new truck in my life (93 Dodge Ram 250) and I have a feeling that I paid too much at the time.
    Any help or pertinent advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanx Scott
  • bcobco Member Posts: 756
    generally speaking, 3% is a good number to go with. but at the rate the hd silverados are selling, you'll be lucky to find a dealer that will sell one to you below msrp. guys on other sites have actually cited dealerships charging up to $1000 OVER msrp because demand is so high. and, until they stop selling them at that price, they will continue to charge it. good luck...incidentally topic 2310 (Chevy Silverado XVI) is a good topic to check for good info on silverados. granted, there are more 1500 owners there, but there certainly are a few vocal 3/4 ton guys...right tim?

bco
  • swobigswobig Member Posts: 634
    I understand your reasons for the name change and you were open about it. Bama is another story. Rwell/Bama the same?? They never answered my questions so I guess I know there answer. They never answer any questions anyway.

What about limited slip for 2001 on the Tundra?? Is it available?? Seems like such a rugged off road vehicle would have this type of option...
    rugged off-road vehicles DO have it as an option...LOL

bco
  • ratboy3ratboy3 Member Posts: 324
    standard
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    Make sure you're wearing your seatbelts now, cause rumor has it that the dodges rear end locks up and tries to throw the people out of the cab. Something like a mule....

Gay? Now you're talking f150 talk again....LOL!!
  • rwellbaum2rwellbaum2 Member Posts: 1,006
    Why would you think me and Bama are the same, when you can look at our personal information? Oh yeah, now I know! Your the guy who was too lazy to look at the link describing the Dodge lawsuit. ;)
  • fordtuffordtuf Member Posts: 101
    "Need to know a good price on a 2001 Tundra 4WDAccess Cab LTD with these options
    AB,BB,CK,EJ,LA,N1,OF, V3."

How about $27.50?

Couldn't resist.
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    $27.50? Thats kinda on the high side isnt it? Does that include the ad fee??

Ryan
    Bama has none, which would lead me to believe it's your stupid creation. Yeah, I'm to lazy to PAY for any report. Your the one that thinks your Toy can outpull a Dodge one ton. And I'm lazy - what does that make you!

$27.50 is probably the price on the TUNDRA sticker on the back. It is overpriced compared to the other big 3...
  • bamatundrabamatundra Member Posts: 1,583
    BCO doesn't have any personal info either. He must be F150rules! LOL

If you want to think I am Rwell, knock yourself out.
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    Robbie,
    Don't worry. I would never confuse you with Bama. While your theories are usually wrong, at least they are entertaining. I think you truly enjoy owning your little truck because it does what you need. Poor Bama didn't know his wasn't full size until he got a math drubbing from the butter bean farmer.
    nearly forgot about him. Wonder where he's at?

Good luck on this one now!
    ok...you got me. i AM f150rules...i confess

i thought my previous posts fairly well spelled out why i don't include personal info (which i USED to) in my profile. duh, it's cuz i can't have people knowing that i'm f150rules.

ROTFLMFAO!

knowing THAT clown, he's prob'ly the one who left the message on my machine...

bco
    NO INFO? Ok bama obviously you have been asleep or just plain stupid.

Ryan
    Calif. Judge Orders Ford Recall

Seems certain ford vehicles have a major design flaw which make them stall in traffic and can cause deadly consequences.

So F150 or whoever you are now better go jump on another bandwagon buddy seems your Ford company isnt so perfect after all.

Ryan
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    ..I usually skip over long posts in this topic...but what phone call?

- Tim
    i'll go post it on your site...

bco
    that lil guy is motoring away

wonder where hes walkin to
    or meredith slashes him.
    neat trick...
  • tractiontraction Member Posts: 141
    From a 10/12 AP story that Bridgestone/Firestone
    Inc. "tested a tire model made for two Toyota
    vehicles after small cracks were found on the
    sidewalls, but both companies said Thursday that
    the problems appear to be only cosmetic."

They said that the " Dueler HT 689 model, size
    P265/70R16, was standard equipment on some of
    Toyota's full-sized Tundra pickup trucks and its
    new 2001 Sequoia sport utility vehicle until last
    month when the cracks were discovered."
  • rwellbaum2rwellbaum2 Member Posts: 1,006
    You guys been wondering where dbhull/f-150rules is? Let me be the first to welcome "Traction". A new and completely different person than f150rules. If you guys think "Traction" is f150rules, then your dummer than I thought. There is absolutely, no way in hades that "Traction" is the same guy as F150Rules. Again, for the record, "Traction" is in no way related to F150rules.
    Of course, anyone can look up tractions profile. And we all know dbhull's first name is Dan. The profiles don't match making it obvious it is not the same person....although I was wondering why traction was posting the same cut and paste thing in so many different topics. Something like bama or spoog would do.
    about who is who?

I don't

- Tim
  • timothyadavistimothyadavis Member Posts: 322
    that I remain me. The rest of you are on your own! ;-)
    Who cares just talk dont worry about whos who we all know whos cool in here

Ryan
    ..Uh oh..I think I'm ternin' intuu Rube!...

...cuz them yuppys be thinkin' the tundra's be full size...truth of the matter is...Tundra equals less truck for more buck!....good luck on this one now!

...err..OK...I'm back.....let's talk 2500's!

LOL

- Tim
  • tractiontraction Member Posts: 141
    "Toyota now refusing to use Bridgestone/Firestone
    tires after discovering cracks

Toyota has informed Bridgestone/Firestone that it
    will no longer accept tires that fall under the
    Bridgestone Dueler brand name after Toyota
    discovered "abnormal surface cracks"; in new tires
    that come as standard equipment on such models as
    the Toyota Tundra, according to CBS affiliate WWJ
    News Radio in Detroit, MI. Surface cracks, if they do appear on tires, do not usually show until the near the very end of a tires life. This newly discovered problem could also lend to the argument of safety advocacy groups that quality is still an issue at Bridgestone/Firestone."
    Tim if you talk 2500's then one group gets excluded

Ryan
    Whats your point? You copy and repaste the same thing in every topic.

Ryan
    ...sounds familiar....

- Tim
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    : I am concerned (timothyadavis) Fri 13 Oct '00 (06:33 AM)

that I remain me. The rest of you are on your
    own! ;-)
    I love it!
    you had your own little battle with who's who remember? What was that other name you had?? Beer drinking something...must be a self portrait above eh? When's rube comming back???
    ....I had been booted for a bit....but made it very obvious who I was...that was fun...i forgot all about Tom Dunkel....screen name 2500LT

- Tim
    I can't believe you got the boot - LOL - we've lost a few good ones that way...
    ..But I came back!..(same name)

I guess Edmunds needed me...

LOL

- Tim
    You are the one who stated "idealogical reasons". I said it many times - I don't care why you changed your identity. You are the one who stated "idealogical reasons" - not me.

Now it is clear that you don't know what "ideological" means or how to spell it. Why didn't you just say so?

I choose not to reveal personal information, so I respect your choice not to.
    I'm sorry to hear about the major repairs you have had done to your "full size" Shakerado. Normally I would suggest you get rid of your lemon quick, but now that Consumer Reports rates your truck as a used vehicle to avoid, it probably isn't worth much.

It's also too bad about those WEAK rear disc brakes your truck has.

Just keep telling yourself "But it has a BIG back seat."

Quad - "Mah truck is bigger than yourn." LOL
    still jabboring about idea reasons or whatever huh bama? Why dont u put it aside and move on like the subject did

Ryan
    i concede...my use and spelling of the word "ideological" were incorrect. i'm glad that finally, over 2 months later, you've accepted and begun to respect the fact that i no longer want my personal information available in this forum. you have my sincerest apologies for incorrectly using a word. at the time, i didn't feel it was necessary to get everyone fired up and pointing fingers about "who would do such a thing." it's nice to think that we'll be able to move on now.

bco
  • gotribe1gotribe1 Member Posts: 81
    get along?". Does anyone know where I can get a decal of that nasty little boy relieving himself on a Tundra? You know like the ones Ford drivers put on there windows of him wizzing on a Chevy. I would think there would be a big market for them since it would be one of those universal products that would fit all of the Ford, Dodge, and Chevys on the road!
    The big difference is that there are enough Chevy's around to allow for sufficient relief. If one had to hold it until a Tundra came by.... well, suffice it to say that urologists would have a lot more work! ;-)

Sorry, Tundrists, it was just there! And I have no willpower whatsoever....
    But I still think it was funny....
  • gotribe1gotribe1 Member Posts: 81
    I just want to get one of those decals to keep as a collectable. I don't think the current Tundra will be around too long. Too little and too late! Some say that it could be a miniature f150! It kind of reminds me of light beer! Less filling and less fun!
    Both Honda and Toyota managed to top the sales charts for family cars (Honda and now Camry) when most of us would have laughed at the idea back when they first broke into that segment. As strange as it sounds now, I would be really slow to assume that Toyota can't do the same with pickups....
    think Toyota needs another stab at it....this one didn't go over so well. But it came closer than that T100 joke...
    but it's just so much better!!!
  • justtheonejusttheone Member Posts: 403
    Whats with them tells on how them little ones be better now? Put them ones to work on that farm, that will test em but quick. Some folks just aint gettin it now, they cant be seein that truth with them own eyeballs for sure. Good luck on this one now!
This discussion has been closed.