Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus ES 350

Comments

• bobbassbobbass Member Posts: 34
    Cyclops,

The Ruby Red is absolutely GORGEOUS! I have had variations of that color (dark red metallic) on five vehicles since 1991 and if you lean more toward slightly darker hues, you will LOVE it!

IMO, it's not "too" dark and shouldn't be a bear to take care of. My dealer has three in that color and even chose it to display in the showroom for their grand opening.

Sunday, they had one parked right next to an IS in the lighter red, and the Ruby seemed much more luxurious. It just suits the character of the ES.

I test drove a white one today with the cashmere and that is the interior I plan to go with.

GOOD LUCK!
  • vluuvluu Member Posts: 100
    Just had my first test drive today during lunch time. (VA area @ Lindsay Lexus of Alexandria) This dealer has a lot of ES350 on the lot, about 6 in front. A couple UL and Premium Plus w/ Nav. I was looking for one w/o Nav, but the sales person said they were in another lot. This was the first time at a Lexus dealer. My current car is a 2K Nissan Maxima. I have to admit, I was pretty intimidated. Sales personal acted like they didn't need your business.

Anyway, ended up driving a Premium Plus w/ Nav. It was a Moon Shell Mica... awful color. This is the 3rd time I have seen this color.... and all 3 times, I can't see why anyone would get this color... but to each it's own.
    So, about the test... it was incredibly smooth and effortless. Plenty of torque and power I need. I'm 6"2" and 220 lbs ... and I found the car comfortable. My co-worker came with me and he sat behind my seat and had plenty of leg space. I was really impressed with that... and he's 5"9". The seats were very comfortable and soft. The car was everything I thought it would be. I'm not planning to get one with Nav, but I was pretty impressed with the features on the Nav and the rear backup camera. I agree with other's when they say it doesn't have a lot of storage, but I'm not planning to store that much stuff in the car anyway. Wood steering wheel and walnut wood finish is "sweet". I found the center console just right for my right arm rest... that could be b/c I'm taller.

I'm still targeting to get the car by the end of the year. I'm hoping by then... the excitment will die down and discounts will be available. By then... other 2007 models will be revealed, so it may soften the ES price. I just can't see myself paying MSRP for any car.

Anyone buy an ES350 in the MD/DC/VA area and receive discounts? Please name dealer and sales person.
  • neuroguyneuroguy Member Posts: 34
    Cars are shipped to the dealer with the tires overinflated to prevent flatspotting, & the prep guy often forgets to deflate the tires to the tire manufacturer's specs.

You are correct, jimbres. That's exactly what happened with my car. It was riding very stiff - more so than the demo. When the tires were cold the next day, found they were at 38 psi while the door sticker recommended 30 psi. Guess the prep guy forgot as you said. (I was waiting on the car that had just come off the truck.) Deflated the tires to 32 psi, reset the tire pressure monitor (important!) and all is well. That was the only thing wrong with my car. Have had it a week now and love everything about it! :)
  • bobbyshredbobbyshred Member Posts: 44
    Because I felt so cramped in the ES I've started looking online at other cars again.
    I still might get the ES, but I'll have to take it for a much longer test drive of about 30 min.

I'm 6 ft 200 lbs but I felt cramped in the car. My right leg felt closed in by the high center console and it was claustrophobic to me.

I'm heartbroken over this because I love everything else about this car.

After looking online for cars with more room, and those with bench seats I'm now giving serious consideration to the Buick Lucerne.

No, it's nowhere near what a Lexus is but it looks very comfortable with the bench seat.
    I also like the fact that it has a 275 HP Northstar engine in it, plus I can actually go back to cloth seats which is what I've wanted all along.

The dash and controls aren't as nice or fancy but I can get navigation in it.

The front of the car is kind of boring Buick, but the tail end looks pretty cool.

It doesn't have a telescoping wheel so I would hope that I could still get that perfect driving position.

I can't get the top of the line because there is no bench seat in that model but I can get a CXL V8 which is very nice. The car gets decent reviews claiming it is the most agile Buick ever, but they say the braking could be better.

I will be able to save 6-10K off the price of the Lexus.

All bets are off until I actually drive it. Right now I'm a bit too ill to go check it out having some setbacks from my heart surgery earlier this month.

This is not how I wanted my car buying experience to go. I've been waiting a very long time to get a new car.

I'd like a little more excitement rather than to have to buy and old man Buick, but I'm getting to be and old man LOL!

I had a Regal years ago and I actually liked that car quite a bit, it was very comfortable.

I'll let ya know what happens here.
    Sure wish I could join the Lexus club.

Anyone else consider this car?
  • dotbowelsdotbowels Member Posts: 43
    "I will be able to save 6-10K off the price of the Lexus"

Sorry about you not being able to get a Lexus. You will get creamed on Buick Resale/Trade Value when you go to trade it, so buy it as much under invoice as you can.
  • cleblanccleblanc Member Posts: 45
    I bought the Royal Ruby w/cashmere and I absolutely love this color. It is a very dark red and shines beautifully in the sun. I get a lot of compliments on this color.
    Bobbyshred - have you tried all the adjustments on the seat to find a more comfortable sitting position. I know how long you've been looking for this car and that you even have one on order. It would be so disappointing for you not to get it. Please definitely take it for another test drive before you make a final decision.
  • jimbresjimbres Member Posts: 2,025
    Have you looked at the Avalon? The top-of-the line Limited is a well-appointed car. You'd get a tilt/telescopic steering wheel (manual - not power as in the Lexus).

Sorry that the ES 350 isn't a good fit for you, but you're doing the right thing by not compromising on comfort. Don't try to rush the shopping process.

Good luck, & keep us posted.
  • yjayja Member Posts: 3
    I went to Lindsay Lexus of Alexandria in VA as well. They were terrible. The manager even said to me that all their customers are willing to pay for their luxury cars, and I should go somewhere else if I want a discount. I guess they really don't need our business. Ironically, they are very proud of their "Elite Lexus Dealer" status. I will not go there to buy my Lexus.
  • carlady2carlady2 Member Posts: 7
    Don't know when they will or if they will later give discounts but I liked Al Johnson at Lexus of Silver Spring a lot. I paid sticker because I needed/wanted the car in order to give my old Infiniti to my son. They were a pleasure to deal with and do have a good reputation (Rockville does not)
  • dtezladtezla Member Posts: 88
    I came from 6 years at a Volvo store where we would see at least one wacky color every year. At least with Lexus, all the colors are extremely nice looking. I'm surprised more people don't like the Moonshell Mica, It's basically a pewter (slight pink tint). I don't mind it. The Amber is a rich looking bronze. The only color I'm not super crazy about is the Aquamarine.
  • carlady2carlady2 Member Posts: 7
    My son saw that combination at the New York auto show and said it was great looking. I wanted a lighter color so got the silver but had I not, would have really considered this one. Enjoy (been liking mine so far)
  • mrlaimrlai Member Posts: 7
    Is there anyway to modify it so that you can play dvd movies while it's on drive? At least the passenger and the backseater can watch a movie!
  • psychdocpsychdoc Member Posts: 147
    ...Anyone know if Verizon phones will "link" with this car's Bluetooth system? If so, which one would you recommend?

The Lexus people (national...not the dealer) seem to be suggesting that only T-Mobile or Cingualr Bluetooth phones will work properly with this car.

This is hard to believe.

Heck, half the world has Verizon.

What's up here?
  • pojoepojoe Member Posts: 25
    My motorola razor works perfect thru verizon. :D
  • dsnelgrovedsnelgrove Member Posts: 2
    Hello ... are the roofs on ES 350s without the panorama roof the same color as the rest of the car? The only cars at my dealer are the ones with the panorama glass roof, and those roofs as you know are black. Thanks.
  • pojoepojoe Member Posts: 25
    Yes :)
    Actually the internet sales person I was talking to and had scheduled a test drive with... was busy when I came in. He didn't want me to want so he referred me to another sales guy. This sales person was very cockie and was not friendly at all. I'm sure he has seen a flock of people coming into test drive and maybe he knows the routine... but hey, that's your job!

Anyway... I would never give my sale to that sales person. If I was planning to come back and deal.. I would deal directly with the original person I talked to. Seemed much easier to talk to and deal with.

There are only 5 Lexus dealers in a 50 miles radius from where I live (DC/MD/VA). So, competition is fairly limited. I have even heard of people buying cars in Delaware and Pennsylvania ... then having them driven down to complete the deal. Might be another option if dealers around here won't budge on MSRP.
    My Motorola E815 also works great with Verizon. I think Lexus is not promoting the Verizon phones because of the way Verizon cripples all the bluetooth features. But now with gen 5 on the navigation system, you can manually enter the phonebook info. So I think Verizon is more usable than it was before.
    Thanks, that's very good news indeed.

Just to be sure I understand, the address book on the phone will not automatically 'mate' to the car but if I input the name/phone number information manually one time, the car will hold it for the future and then function as if it had 'recognized' the phone's address book in the first place?

So it seems like the primary architect of this particular problem is Verizon, not Lexus, huh?

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated!
    Yes, that's correct. Verizon is the one at fault. They are crippling all the bluetooth features in the phones to force you to pay for their services. So you cannot transfer the phonebook. I have entered my numbers in manually though and it works great. There are a lot of websites though that give instructions on how to unlock the bluetooth features of the phone using a USB data cable. I may try that one day. It just pisses me off that you buy a bluetooth phone and then can't really use all the features of it.
    I would stick with a Motorola E815 or Razr V3C though with the Lexus. I have read that Samsung phones are not compatible. At least we know the Motorolas work.
  • cyclopsstancyclopsstan Member Posts: 24
    Well my car is coming into port today and the dealer will have it ready for me tomorrow morning, can't wait/
  • mr68mr68 Member Posts: 7
    Yes I know of a link I saw on fx35 some where but required a lot of opening up and I don't think i would be comfortable doing on a new car.
    but yes you can
    where do you live that's there only ulta models/
    I have not seen red yet but look good on pc.
    my choice might be white /cashmere.
    but to me seems a decision to not make a decision for white .
    could you post pic .
    my dealers in dallas have not received a red yet. dont' like moonshell
    what colur did you get?
    mri guy
  • frostyrfrostyr Member Posts: 20
    I have the same problem with all of the cars and SUVs made today. MY LEG HITS THE CONSOLE. I can't believe it but it's true. I don't understand. I've owned a lot of cars with bucket seats, in the past, and never had a problem with the console.

Did you try the ES with the seat extender? I drove the Camry without one and the back of my leg was hurting after five minutes. It seems to me that if you get the ES it must have the seat extender.

Frankly, I'm not that thrilled with the ES 350 since I think it's just a Camry with gadgets and it doesn't really fit me that well. My wife likes it though so I'll consider it. I would get the Buick in a minute but she won't. I bet that the Buick will be just a reliable as the ES. Frankly I think that is very important. I know the Buick will be more comfortable.

I suggest you try the Infiniti M35, G35 and BMW 525 with the standard seat. I found that those fit better than the Lexus and will probably buy one of them. Those are all great driving cars. They are a lot of fun to drive. I haven't driven the ES but I bet it doesn't drive as well as those cars.

One more thing. I think that the windshield on the ES is too low. It makes me feel like I'm in a a box. The car does not fit me either. I'll tell you the truth, I don't think I like the Lexus mainly because of the console and awkward driving position.

If you find another car without the damned console problem please let me know.
  • frostyrfrostyr Member Posts: 20
    I also find that the console is a problem on this and most other cars. I also had a 92 Camry and had no problem with its console.

I'd consider the Buick Lacrosse which has a bench seat. It has plenty of leg room but the seat itself is not very comfortable.

I found that I could get into a better driving position in the Infiniti M35, G35 and BMW 525. For me, they were a lot more comfortable than the ES and I'll probably get one of those.

Hopefully if I don't buy a Lexus they may start making them without such a large console (Hyundai did).

Good luck with your new car and please let us know if you are able to find a TOTALLY comfortable driving position. Also, let us know if you got the seat extender.

I'm really annoyed at the designers who insist on putting in these consoles.
  • tds1tds1 Member Posts: 74
    Does the Nav system have Text to Speech Capability (i.e. Turn Right on Smith Street)? I don't see it listed as a feature, so I would assume it would probably have been mentioned. I would have thought that would have been implemented by now.
    I was going to get the new Avalon when it came out last year and when I saw it I hated it. I think it's ugly on the outside and inside it felt really cheap to me. I didn't like the way it drove and could not find a comfortable driving position. I know, I'm very fussy.

I'm going to go back up to my Lexus dealer and take a nice long drive and really try and get used to the ES and give it a fair shot. But my gut is telling me I'm not going to choose it.

I've been through the mill in trying to choose a car in the last few years. I was simply going to get a new Camry a few years ago. But every time I drove one, then got back into my 92 Camry I didn't notice that much difference other than power.

I liked the Accord but I feel the ride was to stiff and jittery for me. I waited for the Avalon and then hated it when it came out. I drove the Buick LaCrosse but felt it was underpowered. Last fall I tried to make a deal on a Camry but they would not budge off sticker so after 6 weeks I told them to screw it.

Then I waited for the new Camry. It's a very nice car but I think it's slightly ugly and I think the interior is very feminine, even on the sport model. Then I discovered the Lexus which is how I ended up here. I think the Camry might have a slight bit more interior room and I may consider it again.
    Sometimes I drive my wife's Honda Pilot SUV and I think it's nice to have all that room and comfort. I even considered buying one for myself but thought it would be stupid to own two identical vehicles. Whenever we go out together we always take it.

So I started thinking about a more roomy car again. I don't want to be all jammed in like a sardine. My old man used to have Caddies and a Buick Roadmaster and while I always thought they were way too big, they were very comfortable.

I just wish more car mfrs. would consider bench seats. Not even the Chrysler 300 has them.

Honestly I wish I had bought the Toyota Avalon of 2 years ago with the bench seat.
    I drove it a few times and found it to be a nice car. But I blew it and didn't get one when I should have.

The only cars that I like that have the roomier bench seats are the Buick Lucerne and the Chevy Impala. The Impala is OK, but I want more luxury.

My brain seems to be set on the Lucerne right now but I know it all depends upon test drives and I know I could be disappointed. I want luxury, lots of room, but I still want the power to get around the slower driver effortlessly without hesitation and too much body roll.

I'm hoping next week I can try out the Lucerne. I don't have my own vehicle now. I have to get something soon. I never thought buying my first new car would be this hard.

I'm still glad all you people are getting the Lexus ES. It is a great car, my sister may now get one. By the way I think that moonshell mica is vomit inducing! To each his own.
    Bobbyshred - didn't you special order an ES that you are waiting to come in. Is your deposit refundable? Sorry the ES350 didn't work out for you. I am loving mine.
    I used to drive a Nissan Murano and that was very comfortable on the inside - not too small and not too big. I had also looked at the Honda Pilot when I was buying it and thought the Pilot was too big for my needs.

Before buying the ES, I was convinced for months that I wanted an Acura RDX but then was disappointed when the final specs were released and the gas mileage was the same as the Murano, especially since the RDX has a 4 cyl turbo engine. I never wanted a sporty car, just a very luxurious vehicle with somewhat decent gas mileage since I have a long commute, AWD since I have a steep driveway and maybe extra cargo space. I finally decided not to sacrifice my gas mileage all year for the occasional times I would need the AWD. And I've always wanted a Lexus. When I saw the ES350 at the NY auto show, I knew it was the car for me. You have to feel comfortable with your decision. Good luck!
  • jdamatojdamato Member Posts: 4
    Can anyone tell me what the current lease prices are going for? premium plus package with NAV.

Thanks
  • dsnelgrovedsnelgrove Member Posts: 2
    I live in Toronto. I've only been to one dealer, Don Valley North, and they only have 2 cars that I can see (both Ultra packages). In Canada, there are only 3 trim levels offered: The standard includes heated and ventilated leather seats, leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, etc. The Ultra package is $11k Cdn more so my own opinion is they won't sell as many of those. I suppose they want the Ultra models to use for test drives etc. so they get those in first. One of the cars is white and I find the black panorama roof makes it look like a skunk - I don't like it. I couldn't find any pictures of the car in standard configuration until I saw the link from the fellow from Hawaii I believe. I think that looks better.
  • macaximxmacaximx Member Posts: 1
    I'm in Canada also but am only intersted in the UL package. Our dealer only ordered one and I didn't bite (lowball tradein offer). A couple of more UL's are coming in soon.
    The moonroof and nav make the car for me. The toys would make up not getting a sportier car. (The IS is too small in the rear seating area.)
    Yes, I still have it on order. But my Honda dealer friend told me to do the smart thing when I ordered it and that was to pay by credit card.
    This way if they give me a hard time I could always charge back the card. He told me that they can't keep the money because you never actually got anything in your hands.
    But sometimes when they get a check they cash it and try to mess with you.

I'm also an American Express merchant so I would have no problem charging back if they forced me to.
    I'm not looking to screw them, but I have to be happy with the car.

I haven't called them and let them know I'm waffling. When I feel better I'm going to go up there for an extensive test drive.

When I went in last week the dealer, not mine because he was on vacation, was not too accommodating to me, like I was wasting his time. In fact he told me that when my first Lexus dealer was fired he was in line for this sale and it was given to someone else so he was a little annoyed.
    My brother called me today and told me he had been laid off after 37 years with a company. He wasn't upset because he got a great severance package so he gets an early retirement. The funny thing is that he told me they took his company car which he has had in one form or another for 30 years so he is carless.
    Out of the blue he told me he's looking at the Buick Lucerne but his wife wants him to get the Lexus ES! He told me he likes bigger cars so he thinks he'll go for the Lucerne.
    We might look like a couple of idiots over summer vacation driving the same car.
    Too funny!
  • alp8alp8 Member Posts: 656
    I hear the top of the line Lucerne, the one with magna ride or whatever it is called, is the one to buy. Don't even bother to drive the others.
    The next-generation G35 will hit Infiniti showrooms this fall. It's expected that the car will be significantly upgraded. Might be worth the wait. (My apologies if you've already addressed this.)
  • robynlrobynl Member Posts: 38
    It's so nice to be able to see the colors. My dealer (Lexington, KY) only had the Ruby (in the showroom - beautiful color and I am not a red person) and silver. I am torn on what color I want. Is the Moon Shell Mica really that bad? For a woman? What about the Amber, thought I would like that based on the small chip they give in the brochure, but now I am not sure. Any feedback is appreciated!
  • razor67razor67 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone seen the rear deck spoiler or have a picture of one?
  • tdohtdoh Member Posts: 298
    I couldn't find anything in the specs that would indicate whether or not the 6-disc CD/DVD changer is capable of playing MP3 CDs; if indeed such is the case...why would Lexus not offer this--I mean, other manufacturers are now offering MP3 disc capability. And please don't tell me that it's not needed in the ES350 since it has an MP3 audio port--not everybody owns an iPod or similar device. Heck--a changer that can play MP3 discs is more practical than one that can play DVD movies but only when the vehicle is in Park...so I would be puzzled as to why Lexus left out this capability if indeed such is the case.
  • lahamjatlahamjat Member Posts: 7
    Hello everyone. I am new to this forum with respect to posting however have been following since the inception of the ES350 discussion. This is a great format and really appreciate all those who participate. Just a little background info. I have a 95 Accord LX and has about 190K miles. The car is on its last leg (a/c non-functional, minor oil leak, windows don't roll down, and so on). I am leaning towards the Lexus because of the ride, luxury and reliability. This new car will be my wife's (I'll get her 01 Accord EXV6L) and need to consider a larger car when we start a family. When the IS 250/350 came out I thought that this would be the car I would buy. Test drove the IS350 and was very impressive but the backseat had absolutely no leg room and was quickly of my list. I also test drove the GS300AWD (larger interior) however was disappointed in the power (Cannot afford the GS430). Spending 45K+ I would expect the car to have more horsepower. I did not consider the ES330 since I knew the ES350 would come out and would have at least the same power as the Avalon. I decided to research some other cars before the ES350 was released. Saw the BMW 330xi (like the all-wheel drive option)and was in my price range however the car was small (I think it is listed as a sub-compact)but I was more concerned about the reliability issue. Acura TL is a good bargain with all the standard features with few options but I felt that a Lexus is more luxurious and prestigious in comparison. Mercedes E-Class too expensive with the options I wanted and the reliability issue a concern again. So it came back to the ES350. My wife and I specially went to the Chicago Auto Show just to check out the car which confirmed my decision of purchasing the ES350. My wife is set on this car however we have yet to test drive it. I am interested in the Ultralux package w/Nav & ML. My wife wants white w/cashmere but I am not too fond of the panaromic roof with the white. It looks weird to have the whole car in white but the roof in black glass. I am leaning towards black/black but I know it takes more effort to keep it clean but I don't mind. My goal is to find a white ultralux package and see how it looks with the sunroof. I am not in the market to purchase any time soon because I do not want to pay MSRP. If I can wait unitl the end of the year, I am hoping that I will get a couple of thousand off. I also follow the "prices paid/buying experience" IS250/350 forum and it does seem that after the initial excitement, people are getting almost 3K off of MSRP. I just hope my car will last that long.
  • iycrraiycrra Member Posts: 24
    I was going back and fort between TL and ES350 myself. Test drove TL. Loved it. Test drove ES350, it was very quiet. But drove big. I wasn't willing to pay full price.

After inquring quotes from dealers (try dealing with internet or fleet mgrs), I've decided to get ES350 after all. I'm getting 3K off MSRP for nav and premium pkg. I'm going down to the dealer this weekend and seal the deal. I could have gotten TL for 31,500 w/ Nav. But I like the push-start-botton and backup camera.

This is going to be my wife's as well. I have QX4 which I looove.. If there's no competition in your city, why don't you guys go further out and save a couple of k's. It still makes sense, doesn't it?

I'll come back and post again where I get mine from.

Good luck
    Before you get your knickers in a knot, read the brochure. You'll see that the standard sound system can indeed play MP3 CDs. After having test-driven a new ES this past weekend, I can confirm that the brochure is correct.

The brochure doesn't mention if the Mark Levinson system can handle MP3 CDs, but we sat in a UL-equipped ES. As I recall, the ML system included in this package is also MP3-capable.
  • cyclopsstancyclopsstan Member Posts: 24
    Well I got it and I love it. The ride is as smooth, quiet and luxurious as any I could imagine. And the Ruby is gorgeous in the sun and seems to be a different shade from every angle, definitely an eye catcher. The car does feel much larger than it actually is and I found the drivers area to be spacious enough & I am 6' tall & 180 and felt jammed in the IS but found the ES just right. And while it doesn't "suck the road in" like the Audi, BMW & Acura's I've driven, it has more of an 'electra-drive' feeling ( yea a little boaty) but it can more than handle the driving that we do. As for the interior I like everything but the storage area of the armrest. Its not too far back & no accidental openings yet, but the access is inconvenient and not as well laid as others. Haven't heard the ML stereo but the 6-disc standard sounds fine to me and w/ the tunes even on low your in a world of your own. And for those who have driven from Maui's airport to Kapalua know its 1 of the prettiest drives in the world, well its never looked better than today. Added pic's of the 'Rube' ... aloha

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&uid=4946984&gid=10177617&
  • alp8alp8 Member Posts: 656
    congrats

nice pics - I like the color. good choice
    You got this deal in the Chicago area? Did you get any other offers below MSRP... before getting the 3K off from this particular dealer.

I live in the DC/MD/VA area.... and all post so far are for MSRP. I plan to buy the ES350 by the end of the year... and hope to get 2-3K off MSRP by the time I buy.
  • cc3088cc3088 Member Posts: 10
    Go to Club Lexus Forum and check out this link. http://clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214581

My son took pictures of my new white UL and has several pics of the panarama roof. I think if you saw it in person you'd like it. I personally think it's awesome.

Let me know yout thoughts after viewing.
  • lahamjatlahamjat Member Posts: 7
    White looks really sharp and rich and the cashmere leather just tops it off. Still am not sure about the panoramic roof. You are right that I have to see it in person before I can make a judgment. Just an example,it seems as though people who were interested in the moon shell mica (msm) were disappointed because it had a hint of pink when they saw it in person as compared to the color sample on lexus's website or brochure or a picture. I do like the white/cashmere but let see what the wife says. I have spoke to one dealer (Woodfield Lexus in Schaumburgh, Il) if they had a white/cashmere UL package but the sales rep said he did not even have one UL package. I will have to call around and see if any other dealer has one. Being here in Chicago, there is at least 7 or 8 dealerships within a thirty mile radius from my house so it shouldn't be that hard to locate one unless they are not shipping them or have limited supply of the UL's in Chicago. Will let you know when I see it.
    As for purchasing, I am still going to wait until the craze goes down. I did read that the new G35 or G37 will be coming this fall so hopefully that will put more pressure to discount. It should attract some buyers and may be direct competition for the ES350 but I do not think I will even consider it. I know that Infiniti attracts different buyers than Lexus but I am only speaking in terms of pricing. I know its a gamble and if prices don't come down by November or December, then I could have enjoyed the car six months earlier.
    Loved your pictures of the Royal Ruby. That is my car too. The background looked great too. The Royal Ruby is absolutely gorgeous. I get so many compliments on the color. As you said it looks different from every angle and in the sun, it is really nice. It is a great color choice.
    ...Does anyone know if there's any "rule of thumb" about getting a loaner car after buying or leasing a car at one dealership and having it serviced at another?

I'm assuming that if the service will take over a couple of hours they will provide a loaner car if the car is still under warranty.

Some, however, have said that they might not give loaners if you didn't buy from their dealership.

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?

Is it a car manufacturer type of thing (where the maker of the car governs the policy of their dealers) or a dealership decision?
This discussion has been closed.