Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Tucson Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jessie20jessie20 Member Posts: 2
    I just got my 2011 Tutson AWD today with roof racket, mud shield, heated seats with leather trim, blue tooth...... with $23100 before tax. They also have $2010 model which they are willing to sell at $22300 but it does not have the color we like... Not sure if it is a good deal but just want to share with you guys with this info. Good luck!!
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    what was the msrp?
  • montctypamontctypa Member Posts: 3
    Is this with automatic? Where did you buy it? I am in Philly suburbs and nobody that I called had the 2011 yet. This is what I did: I got "truecar.com" bids from Sussman, Conicelli, Fred Bean and Colonial. The lowest I could get for 2010 AWD automatic with the 1700.00 "popular equipment package", floor mats, cargo net was 23.3K plus tax/tags. They would not sell the GLS w/o the "pop'l equip package" and claim Hyundai is not making just plain GLS's. This is supposedly invoice price, but the dealer of course still gets profit from the dealer's holdback. Originally, they tried to quote me 23.8 K but then I had to show them their OWN email to me guaranteeing that price and they honored it. I would have LOVED to get 23.1 for the 2011 or 22.3 for the 2010.
    What color 2010 did they have at 22.3K that you did not like?
  • jessie20jessie20 Member Posts: 2
    Yes, it is automatic. I got it in Lynnwood, Washington. The color I got is Chai Bronze. The 2010 model that they had offered at price $22.3K is Graphite Gray (exterior) with black leather trim interior. The reason I didn't buy is because I don't like the black interior.
  • montctypamontctypa Member Posts: 3
    I am in Philadelphia suburbs and they don't have 2011's and have very few 2010's available. I got multiple quotes from different dealers via internet and the lowest was 21.1 for auto/gls/awd. Of course then when you get there, you find out it doesn't include freight (800.00) or the other stuff they have already put on the car (floor mats, cargo net, etc) which adds another few hundred. And they try to charge 250 for advertising (shouldn't this be part of their overhead?). So the grand total was 23.5K. The best that I was able to do was to get them down to 23.1K (not without a fight). So finally 3 hours later, drove away in 2010 GLS AWD auto for 23.1K.
  • dieuwerdieuwer Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2010
    Paid $23570 for a new 2011 Tuscon GLS AWD with mud guards, cargo tray and floor mats.This is about $100 above invoice according to TrueCar. Bought the car in Lynn, MA. Also arranged for financing at 3.2% via dealer.
    Actually, the 3.2% is hilarious since the "special APR" from Hyundai is 3.9%!
  • lev280lev280 Member Posts: 27
    Has anyone recently purchased a 2011 GLS AWD since post #262? If so, can you please post your price paid? Thanks in advance.
  • buerkletucsonbuerkletucson Member Posts: 21
    Just purchased a 2011 AWD GLS with the Navigation/backup camera option. Has a couple of misc options like floor mats, mud flaps, cargo mat.
    Paid $26,300.........$400 below invoice.
    Best part is I got $800 over Kelly Blue book for my trade.
    Congratulations. Sounds like a great deal. Which City/State was this sale in?
    edited February 2011
    White Bear Lake (St. Paul suburb), Minnesota
    Buerkle Hyundai

I'm absolutely thrilled with the vehicle and the whole sale process at this dealership. They went out of their way to make sure everything was handled the way it should be.
    They even gave my wife two beautiful flowers. :-)
  • mkzm7478mkzm7478 Member Posts: 4
    I'm from New Jersey, Mr Brad Benson here is offering me 30% of his sticker on the Tuscon i want.. Limited with the premium package.. sticker is $30,400, plus minus few minor options.

Which would make my purchase price somewhere in the $21,500 range.

Minus a trade which i have.. and any down payments..

Afterall said and done i'm looking to finance something around 18 - 19 K.. with around 2,500 out of pocket.

sounds to good to be true.. is there a catch?

if there is one i will post here in a week or so... getting down there in the next few weeks.
    What's the saying..........if it smells like a duck and walks like a duck....

Something doesn't smell good on that deal. I've seen deals like that on eBay and it's a scam.
    I researched my new Tucson purchase to death and I'll tell you there are no deals like that to be had.
    In fact, Hyundai generally has one of the least markups of any manufacturer.

If you walk out the door with a discount of $8900 off sticker price like you suggest, please let us know as that dealer would have lines out the door for potential buyers.
  • tenpin288tenpin288 Member Posts: 804
    edited March 2011
    This is direct from their website...

Receive 30% off dealer posted price

Note that this is not the MSRP! If I remember postings from others that have had dealings with Brad Benson, that 30% off is only good on their posted price which is MSRP plus a bunch of unnecessary expensive addons.

Here's a link to reviews of Brad Benson on this site...

Brad Benson reviews on Edmunds
    edited March 2011
    Then what's the point?
    You want to deal with someone like this?

I want an honest dealer, honest salesman and an honest price......not someone that's pulling a bunch of crap.
    The reviews you posted a link to tell the story just like I thought.
    Places like that ought to be put out of business!

Good luck. LOL.
  • mkzm7478mkzm7478 Member Posts: 4
    First off, no car that i want in the lot.
    Second, no respect, none at all trying to shove a wrong color and used at that vehicle.
    Then he was shocked that i wasn't interested.

Waste of time.. every question got answered with a "don't worry about it"

best of all.. that used car he was shoving.. $39,999.00 special.
    5,000 miles..

at a loss for words..

complete scum
    I have searched in the DFW area with a 75 mile radius and the inventory on Edmunds shows only 7 Tucsons 4x4. Since I wanted a GLS and not a Limited that further limits it to 4 in that radius. None in the color that I want. I am not sure if Tucson 4x4 is not in demand or is it that Hyundai is keeping a tight supply of it?
    ............and your surprised by that?
    30% off.........sounds like an infomercial.

How these dealers survive is beyond me........"sucker born every minute" must still be true.
    edited March 2011
    "I have searched in the DFW area with a 75 mile radius and the inventory on Edmunds shows only 7 Tucsons 4x4. Since I wanted a GLS and not a Limited that further limits it to 4 in that radius. None in the color that I want. I am not sure if Tucson 4x4 is not in demand or is it that Hyundai is keeping a tight supply of it? "

I think it's two-fold........
    1. They are in high demand
    2. Hyundai is having a hard time producing as many as needed.

My dealer told me since the new design Tucson came out in 2010 they have had a hard time getting enough deliveries to meet demands.
    I don't think Hyundai has the capacity to keep up.

My dealer had a tough time getting me a 2011 silver GLS AWD but he came through and got me one in the color I wanted within 2 weeks.
    He searched nationwide and intercepted one going to another dealer.
    Best part is it had more options than I wanted but he gave it to me for the agreed price. Nice!
    If the dealer is willing to do some legwork he can get the one you want.

Right now my dealer has 10 Tucsons.........4 of which are AWD GLS models.
  • bchamp28bchamp28 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a 2011 Tucson GLS AWD in CT. Anyone have recent information on prices paid or best dealers in the area to negotiate with?

Thanks in advance.
  • ddl4ddl4 Member Posts: 1
    I am shopping around for different crossover SUV's and it seems like Hyundai's Tucson might not be as popular seeing that the last post was over a month ago for "Buying Experience". I was debating between a Honda CRV and Toyota RAV-4 but decided to give Hyundai a try for once. I wanted to go for the Kia Sorento but I am still a bit nervous since they haven't been around as long.

I got a quote recently for a 2011 Tucson GLS (AWD) for $24,500 (including all fees, taxes, etc). I had emailed at least 8 dealers and no one seems to really want to work with me. I don't know if it's because Hyundai's become more popular due to Toyota's recent rise in prices or whatnot but I'm finding it difficult to haggle. The 1st quote I got from one dealership seems to be the best one... and the other dealers seem unwilling to work with that price. Could I have been lucky enough to get a great price 1st time around?

Thoughts?
    Just because this particular forum is pretty dead doesn't mean Tucson's aren't selling...........
    There are other Hyundai/Tucson forums that are quite busy.
    The format/setup here doesn't keep people coming back.......it's quite an archaic forum setup.

I would recommend personally going to several dealers to work with them on pricing.............that way they know you are serious and looking to purchase.
    A lot of places don't like messing around to much over the Internet. It's probably because the vast majority of the Internet inquiries aren't going to materialize into anything.

Had my Tucson GLS AWD for almost 3 months now and couldn't be happier.
    Good luck...
  • cori629cori629 Member Posts: 1
    I got a 2011 Limited AWD Tucson with the premium package the other day I love it. I used the Hyundai Circle program and paid $27,600 before taxes and registration.
  • occarguyoccarguy Member Posts: 1
    Got a 2012 Tucson GLS from Harbor Hyundai in Long Beach today for $21,900 + TTL (~10%).MSRP IS $23,340. Also got 2.69% financing for 60m w/ them through Chase. I think they bought the rate down just to earn my financing as I have preapproved from CU for 2.9%. Very smooth no b.s. sales process. Excellent customer service.
  • gina2bitgina2bit Member Posts: 78
    I have a chance to trade a 2010 Elantra 11,500 miles for a 2011 Tuson GLS AWD for a lease of $275 plus tax which is 10% so final payment would be $300/month. I think the price for the Tuson is $24,800. I owe about $11000 on the Elantra, I think they are giving me about $14000 for the Elantra.
    Any thoughts if this is a good deal?
    I just Leased a 2012 Tucson GLS AWD. Purchase price $24840. Trade profit was $3.2k used as down payment. Paid first payment and title and stuff $595. Net capitalized cost was $22245.00 Somehow Total capitalized cost reduction was $4079.
    Anyway total payment for 36months @12K/yr is $298.99. This includes the 10% tax the state wants.
    I can purchase the car at end of lease for $15152.
    Any idea if this is a good lease? I know I paid MSRP but I did get the $3.2k profit on my trade which other dealers would only give me about 1-2K profit.
  • gwdewgwdew Member Posts: 9
    Anybody have any experience with buying a Tucson in Northern NJ?

What were some quotes that you have gotten for Tucsons? Specifically the GLS FWD or AWD. Thanks
  • lblomlblom Member Posts: 1
    Hi Occarguy... Was this 21.9 inc TTL? Thanks!
    I just Leased a 2012 Tucson GLS AWD. Purchase price $24840. Trade profit was $3.2k used as down payment. Paid first payment and title and stuff $595. Net capitalized cost was $22245.00 Somehow Total capitalized cost reduction was $4079.
    Anyway total payment for 36months 12K/yr is $298.99. This includes the 10% tax the state wants.
    I can purchase the car at end of lease for $15152.
    Any idea if this is a good lease? I know I paid MSRP but I did get the $3.2k profit on my trade which other dealers would only give me about 1-2K profit.
  • aloochehaloocheh Member Posts: 4
    2012 Tucson AWD drive limited with premium package out of door price of 29000 in VA?
    is it a good price?
  • atltucsonatltucson Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    In October 2011 I purchased a 2012 FWD Tucson Limited without premium package at Team Hyundai Mall of Georgia in Buford. I really wanted a sunroof, but wasn't necessarily interested in paying for the premium package, plus there were no vehicles available with that package at the time. The dealer had the color I wanted in a Limited, so they agreed to install a regular sunroof (not panoramic) that is covered under warranty. I love the car, the sunroof is awesome and I got to keep the roof racks too. Paid $24,300 incl. sunroof, plus tax and title. Got what I felt was a fair price on my trade-in and financed through Hyundai at 1.9% for 36 months. I'm not sure if this is the greatest deal ever, but I'm very comfortable with it and so far no problems whatsoever with the Tucson.
  • harry28harry28 Member Posts: 29
    What should I expect to pay for a 2012 GLS FWD Tucson? Sticker is 23, 800.
    Thanks
  • srz948srz948 Member Posts: 75
    Can anybody give a price paid for a 2013 Hyundai Tucson Limited AWD with Premium Package. Thanks.
  • pamhyundaipamhyundai Member Posts: 2
    Today I purchased a 2013 AWD Limited without nav. for under dealer cost. OTD cost was 25,325. This incl. cross bars and cargo tray. I think this was a great deal. I also financed for 1.79% for 60 months. I know the premium package invoice is about 2,500.
    Good Luck.
  • us1549us1549 Member Posts: 1
    wow, what an awesome price for a loaded Tucson OTD. What was your price before TTL?
  • pamhyundaipamhyundai Member Posts: 2
    The tax is 0 due to living in NH. Title was $25. Admin fees were $369. I do have to register the vehicle at my local town hall. I have not done that as of yet.
  • mlsphdmlsphd Member Posts: 26
    edited September 2012
    Pam:
    That is an unbelievable discount. With an MSRP of 27,700 and invoice of 26,400, your price more than $1000 under cost. Am i missing something here? What was the dealer? I am shopping now.
  • mlsphdmlsphd Member Posts: 26
    Hmmm...think this is some kind of spoof...same message posted earlier...in another board...supposedly fromTexas.

2013 Hyundai Tucson at gaines TX - $25,325 (purchase)
    Posted by carhigh on Aug 31 in Hyundai Hyundai Tucson Hyundai gaines TX
    Today I purchased a 2013 AWD Limited without nav. for under dealer cost. OTD cost was 25,325. This incl. cross bars and cargo tray. I think this was a great deal. I also financed for 1.79% for 60 months. I know the premium package invoice is about 2,500.

Make: Hyundai
    Model: Tucson
    Final Price: $25,325
  • charanmanncharanmann Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    I own Hyundai Tuscon 2012 Limited edition. Recently to cover some scratches, I purchased Hyundai touch up paint. I followed what ever little instructions were mentioned on the pen to cover up the marks. After the paint dried, I noticed that the areas covered by touch up paint looked very different from the original car paint. I gave the same feedback to Hyundai customer care and provided them photos of the car too. The claim was rejected by Hyundai saying that the "pen was overused". I didn't overuse the pen, besides that there were no proper instructions on the pen for using it. There were no instructions on the pen stating that the pen color will not exactly match the original car paint. Hyundai just closed my case stating the invalid reason. Though I am very satisfied by the car performance, but the Hyundai customer support and after sales support really sucks. Considering they are new to the US market and they are trying to do everything possible to earn customer respect and confidence; poor after sales support is surely not going to help them. I am writing this to share my horrible Hyundai customer service experience.
  • truckie4lifetruckie4life Member Posts: 56
    Has anyone purchased a new 2016 Tucson? I'd love to hear your pricing, as my wife and I are looking to purchase one. THANKS!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Not to steer you astray @truckie4life but how did you decide on the Tucson? We're tire kicking and want to revisit it, just had a short demo in the parking lot a few months back. Seems pretty loaded with features for the price. We're cross-shopping the Encore and Soul.

Back to price, while waiting for responses, you can build one using the Make | Model drop down tabs above and see the average price paid for your zip (aka True Market Value).
    I was insistent on a compact crossover for my wife. She loves her 06 4Runner but it is approaching 200k and time to upgrade to something newer. She felt like the CRV and RAV are for "older" folks, but the new Tucson is really sharp/sporty. If we are going to have a small car payment, I want better MPG's than the 4Runner.

We are going to shop the Tucson Limited AWD with the 1.6.
    Hey @stever, I found a Tucson Limited AWD with 200 miles, pre-owned. They're asking 30,800. But, I'll be the second owner. What do you think I should offer?
    Hey @truckie4life, sorry I missed this post yesterday.

Invoice is $30,575 and TMV is just a bit less at $30,308.

So the dealer isn't even offering an average deal for a new one, unless I'm missing that big option package.

200 miles is nothing. But having the Carfax/AutoCheck show up in three years if you decide to trade it could affect the resale value (everyone loves one-owner cars).

In theory I'd want a much bigger discount. If reality, I drive them forever and if the car is otherwise perfect, I'd just focus on getting a better deal as if it were brand new.

How much to ask off this one? Hard to say - do you have any quotes from other dealers for a new one you can use as ammo? I want to throw $1,000 off out there but I don't have any real basis for that number (seeing all those $1,000 off invoice deals on CR-Vs has jaded me a bit, lol).
  • rpktrialsrpktrials Member Posts: 3
    Here's one for you: Baltimore DC metro area. Tucson SE base $20,500 + $900(destination) + $300(dealer fees) for car price of $21,700 + taxes, title, and tags.

Hyundai doesn't seem to have the wiggle room of Honda but it was within my budget.
    edited April 2016
    TMV for a DC zip right now is $21,900, which includes a $500 incentive and destination. So you beat TMV (and invoice) by $1,400. I'm assuming you got the FWD.

I'd say you got into Honda discount territory. Nice rigs, was just admiring a new white one in traffic yesterday. Congrats!
    Yes FWD and price included a $500 discount. There are a few other discounts out there if you're willing to go the extra mile for them. Down payment matching up to $500(requires at least 30 days which I didn't have) and $1000 off for registered Uber drivers if you want to subject yourself to all of Uber's prying into your personal records.
    Also included were $400(msrp) of dealer add ons: mats, net, etc...

I was satisfied with the deal. Had been previously pricing the Honda CR-V so I was pushing for Honda discounts on the Tucson. Tucson was much nicer at the base trim than a Honda in both ride and fit.
    @Stever Hey buddy, I need your help. I am looking at a 2016 Tucson Sport AWD (no beige interior). Any advice on what I should offer? I AM READY TO PURCHASE NOW!
    edited June 2016

@Stever Hey buddy, I need your help. I am looking at a 2016 Tucson Sport AWD (no beige interior). Any advice on what I should offer? I AM READY TO PURCHASE NOW!

Invoice is $27,206 and TMV is nicely below that at $26,184, including a current $500 incentive (unless you go with the 0% financing).

So....end of the month and knowing that TMV is an average, I'd shoot for $25,500 and work my way up.

btw, take another test drive. Put it in Eco mode and stop at a red light. Some people (like my salesperson) have managed to almost stall it taking off when the light turns green. Not good if you are trying to beat oncoming traffic. Seems to affect just a few cars but worth knowing about. Terrific package otherwise.
    So offer them $25,500 and then add in the $500 rebate? Or do $26,000 and then add in the $500 rebate, bringing the price to $25,500 plus tax/tags/doc? (that's all I qualify for)?

My wife originally was hoping for the Limited Ultimate Package, which is very nice. After seeing the pricing, I nicely convinced her to go the Sport route (thank God).