Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Tundra vs the Big 3 Continued IV

Comments

• mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    ...the effect of REAR tires squelching..and the rear sliding to the right..and then grabbing and launching as you get your neck snapped from it straightening out.. is all a part of what makes it meaningfull to me...

I guess you just don't get it...

we are very different...

I'll never have the excitment you do from a car an asian mom drives that can spin the front tires...

Enjoy

- Tim
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    2 wks ago when i went for a haircut at the local barber shop (hang out haha) a 70 chevelle pulled up. Everyone jumped up to look at the car. Sounded great. Looked great too. Then about 3 minutes later we heard a rumble one of the barbers got up and looked and was like ill be damned no way another chevelle the guy who had the 70 guess at the year he said it was a 69. The guy came in and the barber asked him and he was like its a 69. It was pretty cool that morning seen 2 chevelles parked next (one had a bunch of stuff added to the engine and wheels and suspension) to each other and 2 silverados (mine and the owner of the shop) parked next to each other. Its not everyday you see these cars.

Ryan
    My dream car i guess you can say would be a 69 camaro like in metallicas fuel and the MI2 video. Black SS thats sweet.

Ryan
    ...ah skip it...you ain't worth the typing...

- Tim
  • z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    Sold my 69 Chevelle SS 396 for $700. That was back in 81 - I had just bought a Turbo T/A and had no place to store the Chevelle. Dam thing only got 8 MPG and used premium gas, rear tires only lasted 4-5,000 miles - The fool who bought it from me took the engine out and put in a small block. His dad owned a body shop. I saw "my" Chevelle a few years after I sold it. Looked like new, but it was all show and no go.
    then you can have all go and no show...

- Tim
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    Just thought I'd ask.
  • rwellbaum2rwellbaum2 Member Posts: 1,006
    The supercharger is finally out for the Tundra. Not sure what the specs are. The Tacoma 3.4L super charger creates 265 HP.
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    It's a giant stretch to say you are talking about bracket racing or NHRA when you started the thread by inferring the Honda is the car of choice among the street racing punks near LAX. Or that Detroit muscle doesn't have a chance. Bull.

Honda in Cart? Yep, F1 too but did you ever see a pro-stock Civic? In road racing, Acuras run in a lower class than Camaros and Mustangs.
    Street racing is for losers. Wasting money on junk like twin turbos for Civics, is like burning $100 bills to find a quarter in the dark. Just my $0.02
    quarter in the dark...good one...

yeah the punk asian scene in LA is not for me...gimme real cars

but hey..whatever floats the boast and makes you think you feel cool....just don't expect me to like it..

Rwell....I have no idea what the deckhand's problem is?.....she and many others fight with me cuz I am not the type to sit back and hide...I am direct and speak my mind...and am always heard...making people not like to hear everything...aka..fight with me!

..heck..even Trucklover was a better match than this guy/girl?....whichever it is?

- Tim
    ...how about boat!...(you know...the thing F150 cleans)

- Tim
  • bigsnagbigsnag Member Posts: 394
    I guess I don't agree with the idea that imports offer cheaper thrills. Yeah, they are cheap cars and the engines are cheap, but why not go out an buy a fox-body slap a $3500 Vortech or ATI on it and turn 12's all day long and get 20+ mpg. With that combo you get a long lasting engine and power on tap at any time, no shut down and reboot. You can't tell me that you can go faster cheaper with an import. It's not that expensive to get a 5.0 into the 11's or even lower, either. Someone mentioned $9000 for an import to break 12's. I doubt it's that cheap first of all and second a fox-body can be put into the 11's for $9K pretty easy. I'm sure the same type of performance per dollar is attainable with f-body's, too.
  • timothyadavistimothyadavis Member Posts: 322
    I agree wholeheartedly. And we've only been talking about power here so far. When you through in handling it is no contest. Don't get me wrong. I loved my 69 Camaro. But the thing would wheel hop like crazy if I stomped it hard (which I frequently did as witnessed by the 4 sets of motor mounts I trashed in turn before getting the heavy duty ones with built-in limiter hooks) and it would spin around with the slightest amount of moisture/slickness on the road. The old muscle cars, including most especially the Vettes, were straight away cars and nothing like real sports cars. All of today's cars put them to shame in handling. Even the cheapest imports tend to be like Ferraris by comparison....
  • mrurlmrurl Member Posts: 116
    When I mentioned the Honda dragracing, I wasn't talking about street racing. I was talking about quarter mile track racing at NHRA sanctioned events. I say sone coverage of it on Horsepower TV a couple of weeks ago.

Peter
  • present4upresent4u Member Posts: 52
    Racing on the street is for 'losers'.

Add Shirley Muldowney, Don Garlits, Don Prudhomme, Indy car champ Mario Andretti, and every legendary NASCAR driver to Quadrunner's list of losers.

The street is where they all got their start.

That must be some exclusive winners club you must be in, Quadrunner.
    Why are you afraid of the race track for settling your grudges with the pony cars? Because somebody there is faster, whereas in your dreams you can be fastest? That's my definition of a loser, twig boy. Get a dose of reality. You'll only be famous for being stupid by racing on the street. Bracket racing? Please...you've never done it, obviously. You need to.
    I've been to the dragway....I have yet to see a honda....or an asian....

.The 11 second stang I talked about is timed with a real clock.....and no..not a timex..

- Tim
    ..and it starts by the christmas tree....not the Oak tree!

- Tim
  • meredithmeredith Member Posts: 575
    While I am delighted to see you MOSTLY stay on AUTOMOTIVE topics....

this is a TRUCK forum. Take the "hot iron" discussions to the CLASSIC CARS forum please.

Front Porch Philosopher
    SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host

Quietly lusting after a '68 Mustang Shelby Cobra....
    http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/stories/03ram/ram_render.html

hmmmm Kinda looks like a tundra to me

Ryan
  • ratboy3ratboy3 Member Posts: 324
    looks like the current.. well Dodge.. hehe.. for me anyway..

Speaking of Dodge, I saw one with the rear window opening as if it was a power window. The glass just slid open smoothly. I didn't see a hand sliding it open. It was way cool. Standard/Option on Rams or after market?
    Rwag has one...

- Tim
    Looks nothing like a Tundra. Can you say RUMBLE? It will give Dodge owners what they need.
  • cdeancdean Member Posts: 1,110
    I like the original Ram concept PUTC showed...the grill on this latest one looks just like the current one....whoa, sounding like the GM critics!
    Was nice. WHered that go???

Ryan
    Looked like taller wheels/tires too, but I think the rendering otherwise amounts to not much more change than the cross on the grill. The engine choices for Hemi 5.7 & 6.1L is the exclamation point.
    still be #3 for sales....

- Tim
  • jcmdiejcmdie Member Posts: 594
    The power wagon concept truck idea will be used as the basis for the 2003 heavy duty series dodge. The 1500 will get the body you see in the link which is a criper body than the current. They opted to make it look like a natural progression from one to another than coming up with all new lines. Besides the body lines have a lot to do with thier current sucess.
    is the ONLY reason for success!

...sold more in 94 than the 20 years before it...

LOL

..OK..and the .005% that want a diesel get it for the cummins...

All this crap about Dodge fans saying the GM didn't chnage much....uh huh....take a looksee in the mirror boys!

LOL

- Tim
  • modvptnlmodvptnl Member Posts: 1,352
    All this crap about Dodge fans saying the GM
    didn't chnage much....uh huh....take a looksee in
    the mirror boys!

LOL

- Tim

Does that mean the GM trucks are behind us???
    over the head alright...

- Tim
    forgot he drove a dodge, thought he drove a ford...but hey, who can tell the difference nowadays. Ford, dodge, all the same to me. LOL

Dean
    NEVER!!!!!

I'm just saying that to look in one's mirror must mean the GM vehicle must be behind.(As GM usually is) Oh crap! I'm starting to sound like youz guys.

That "see you in the rear view mirror" BS from dbf150etc. must have finally gotten to 'ol Tim.
    GM hasn't changed....and Dodge makes big changes..aka 94 style....now the 2002 looks just like the 94!.....soooooo...Look in the mirror boys!

....was it that confusing?

...."if you can understand the me....then I can understand the you"

- James Hetfield
    Just ask red and now Oby.
    Now you're getting me confused too. What is it that you are trying to say? I got the part about the mirrors, so why did I think you drove a Dodge? And doesn't our friend dbhull also drive a Ford? I know for sure you don't drive a Toyota...
  • redsilveradoredsilverado Member Posts: 1,000
    my chevy TRUCK (ok meredith to say that) and
    since owning it, have learned to appreciate the
    other makes as well. what gets me though is that
    you can't reply to someone here without getting
    your post axed because it didn't contain the word
    TRUCK in it.
  • z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    This can't be right - the Dakota can tow 5,000 pounds. I see 2500 & 3500 Rams towing large trailers all the time. What is the punch line?
    that would make you as rich as Jed Clampett...
    Where is the link? I searched a couple of news services and could find nothing (how could they miss this big a settlement?). Just a little sceptical (my Dad's from Missouri, perhaps that's why?).

FWIW: YTD through August Sales and, for more detail, Autosite August Truck Sales
    the giveaway was the 80.7 mil. Who gets that for misstating towing specs?
    I, for one, wouldn't mind at all! Darm, there goes a perfectly good lawsuit....
    80.7 mil for my full size Tundra but actually almost the same measurements as the mid size Dakota hehe...
    There's no way 80 million was given and I'm sure the Ram tows more than 5000lbs. Is Toytunone another one of dbhull/f-150roll's persona's?
    who was disappointed. Listen carefully. Hear that wooooossssshhhhh sound? That's the collective release of held breath from thousands of lawyers who thought they saw a wonderful opportunity! Life can be cruel sometimes.... ;-)
  • swobigswobig Member Posts: 634
    somebody posts something weird and everybody jumps on it!! Hehehe - and what's with all the posts being axed?? Man, you hardly say anything and get the whammy.

BTW, Caravan is working out nice. Definately doesn't have the power of "the truck" though...
    hope you get another rig someday.. I don't think I'll ever drive a car again.. or at least own one.. or might own one but still have a truck..
    I'm sorry to have doubted you. It's just that there are so many outrageous claims in this forum, I've become a skeptic. Again, real sorry about wondering if you might be the "chamealeon" F150rolls AKA......etc.
    I followed your link...and still can't find the article. Could you help me out on this one? Thanks.
    Truth is an elusive thing and you think yourself very clever in the "creation" of same, I suppose. As you know, the article isn't there. I suppose you thought that either we wouldn't check or that somehow you would become somebody important by playing such games and getting us to look ("Made you look!"). When you get out of junior high, check back....
This discussion has been closed.