Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Tundra vs the Big 3 Continued IV

Comments

• bamatundrabamatundra Member Posts: 1,583
    Hey Libby,

When are you going to show us some more pictures of your '52? What is your problem - you ran out of pictures to pirate off of www.pickuptruck.com?

Here's where Libby got her pictures:

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/history/chev_segment5.html
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    not bad bama...not bad at all LOL!!
  • lariat1lariat1 Member Posts: 461
    I looked at your picture and was wondering why would someone buy a pickup truck and then get a bicycle carrier for the tow hitch? I always thought the reason for buying a truck was so you could throw things like that in the bed of the pickup.
  • oldharryoldharry Member Posts: 413
    Maybe 'dem Germans saw how Toyota made out with their "full size" T-100, and decided if they wanted to sell a full size pickup they would have to buy a company that already knew how to make 'em.

(Did I really post this? )

Harry
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    Some people dont wanna use the bed of their trucks. Dont know why.

Nice truck bama very nice color.

Ryan
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    ..Hello McFly....if the bed is full.....then a rack comes in..but some people are afraid to use it I guess?

....600 lbs a piece eh?.....uh huh....

- Tim
    hell...at a mere 2600 lbs for the Tundra..I've had more weight in the back of my 2500 and 1500's than the Tundra itself even weighs!...

I'd love to see a Tundra in the back of any Silverado VS any Ado in the back of a Tundra....what is it's max payload?....2000?....1800?

I'd compare the new HD's payloads of 4000 plus to the HD Tundras...but....DOHH

..OK...how about the long beds.....DOHH

..OK OK..get real....let's just compare full size truck basic features....dohh....it's not full size!

...."Cuz them yuppy's be thinkin'..."........

I had to stir it a bit before I leave for a week for hunting........good luck to all

- Tim
  • rwellbaum2rwellbaum2 Member Posts: 1,006
    Yeah, Dodge was so good at making trucks that they had to be bailed out by the federal government. The Germans were able to easily purchase the weak shyster corp. Maybe, now that "them foreigners" own it, the'll fire off the few remaining union workers and start to improve quality by shipping the balance of their manufacturing to their slave-labor, environmental-laws evading, facilities in Mexico where 70% of dodge jobs have already been sent.
    is on it's way out....latest rumor..

Roger Penske to buy it...

- Tim
  • gotribe1gotribe1 Member Posts: 81
    I almost ran off the road when I saw it! It even passed me! Someone was hauling a sofa and some cushions in a tundra extended cab. I guess that if they could have bought a long bed extended cab like the domestics offer they wouldn't have needed the tacoma that was behind it with the end tables and other chair. It only passed me because I was towing 6000lbs. But at least it was working. And Rwellbaum 2, congrats on the family expansion but how can you get a minivan. Old Suburbans never die, they may rust away but they never die. So many things were options that finding the right one may be a challenge. Things like the 3rd row of seats, the choice of buckets or a bench seat up front and even the rear doors or tailgate. One thing is for sure, a well maintained 350 will run forever. But don't count on any decent mpg. Good luck!
    Have you ever tried lifting a 600lb bicycle into the bed of a pickup?

Seriously though, I loaded my bicycles in the bed for several months. I just put them in a large pile in the bed. The handlebars and pedals kept getting tangled in the spokes. It is also a pain climbing in and out of the bed. Another bear is the need to have someone hand you the bikes one by one when loading. When I got where I was going I would have to hand the bikes down one by one.

I got a bike rack about 2 months ago. I can mount it in the 2" receiver in about 2 minutes. The bikes are very easy to load and unload single handed. It works great! I am regretting not getting it when I first bought the truck.

As you can see by the lack of a bedliner, I am not concerned about damaging the bed. Its a truck! I may eventually get a spray-in but I am not in any hurry. I would probably get an under the rail and put rail caps on.
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    >>I am regretting not getting it when I first bought the truck.<<

I KNEW it! Regrets getting the truck too. Buyers remorse!
  • kevinokevino Member Posts: 19
    I can hardly believe so much can be said about nothing. What do you people do for a life, or is this it? Just thought I'd take a look and couldn't believe it.
    What's up with justtheone? "Good luck on this one now." "yuppies" We're GEN-X'ers. You have a computer you should be up to date. I guess you think that stuff is funny. #626 was great, I guess over the years you moved the gas fill neck somewhere else, right?

What's mgdvhman? Buy a vowel.

Tundra vs. the big three. Come on, in your dreams. Tundra has enough trouble with the Nissan. Besides its butt ugly, they would have done better putting the Camry on a 4x4 chassis. At least somebody would notice it.

Penske buying DUDge might be the best thing to happen to them. Look what he's done for Wallace & Mayfield.

On a serious note, I can't wait to see & drive the new Chevy. I'v got the v10 but could always use more power. I've owned Ford and GM and the only difference I see is personal preference. These two are the only real trucks that cut it.

As things go here I'm sure to get BLASTED. I'll be getting back on next weekend. The pisser is I spend all my money on the truck and the trips I take in it. Ain't got no money left for my own 'puter and net service.
    Kevin u need to join us more often and learn who we really are.

MGDVHMAN hehe i totally ingore that now i associate it with tim
    By the way tim seen you posting about GVWR in the other topic i thought you were going out of town

Ryan
  • z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    I finally agree with you on something - the bike rack is a good thing to have. When I take my son camping we always bring our bikes. I have a soft cover on my bed so the rack works great - leaves room for all the other stuff you "need" to spend 3 days in the wilderness.
    yea i think the bike rack is a good idea too. Its perfect no matter if its on a truck or car. Makes it easier to haul them
    Is kevino the long lost f150rules? Sure sounds like him!!
  • modvptnlmodvptnl Member Posts: 1,352
    No [non-permissible content removed] or religious remarks.
    I am.....it's been delayed until 3:00 today

- Tim
  • truckdudetruckdude Member Posts: 55
    Funny...that picture looks exactly like my 96 T100, except for different wheels and a door handle on the extracab...

so much for "all-new"!
  • justtheonejusttheone Member Posts: 403
    Them tundras be sharin that trannie with them t100 ones, and that pumpkin and transfer case with them tacomas now. They also be sharin lots of other doo-dads with them tacomas too. So much for them tundras bein "all new". Just that factory strechin that truth on em, same as that factory callin em "full size" now. That factory has tricked a few into em, but them that use them eyes be knowin that truth on em for sure. Good luck on this one now!
  • ratboy3ratboy3 Member Posts: 324
    my dad is bigger than your dad.. geez
    Still no answer on that American-made myth. Just more smoke blowin' from the Rube!

TRUCKDUDE:
    What do you drive? I looked at you profile, but the only info. listed is your name...."Dan"
    I don't like the sound of that one....
    I have a 99 F150 Xcab 5.4 4x4. Prior to that, I had a 96 T100 Xcab 4x4 SR5 and a 94 Toyota 4x4 V6. I actually really liked the T100, but with 2 kids the 4 door cab just made more sense, and at the time the Tundra wasn't available, so I bought the Ford. I'm not knockin the Tundra, it's just that picture of bama's looked exactly like my T100 - you can't even tell the difference except for the wheels and door handle. I never really paid much attention that the side profile is just like the T100, unless you have the fender flares to set it apart.
  • swobigswobig Member Posts: 634
    Dan...hmmm...

We may make 1000 posts...
    Aint it funny how them folks who got them "da Runt" still cant figure out it be one? This was that factory hintin at it for sure. Even with them hints they still be thinkin they got em a "full sizer" now. This be a real belly slapper for sure! Still aint heard no tells on folks workin them ones, what say too this one? Good luck on this one now!
    Here be them simple truths on that tundra one:

1) They aint got no haul
    2) They aint "full size"
    3) They be forien
    4) They be this years t100
    5) They break quick
    6) They aint UAW

Them folks who got em be knowin them truths, but just cant be admittin too it. That truth be that truth now. Good luck on this one now!
    I agree, the Tundra has the same basic dimensions as the T-100. It's only slightly longer in the front third(8 inches). The rear seating is actually less in the Tundra because of the thick backrest and headrest. Everyone that had or has a T-100 says they are good trucks, just underpowered. With current and forecast gas prices, that fuel efficient, albeit gutless, engine sounds good! BTW, did you ever work that T-100? ;)
    For me, that would be THE most compelling reason to buy one. And the biggest regret I will have about buying another GM. Those strikin', subvertin', sabatogin' political rats of UAW can go to hell for all I care.
    Don't hold back on us now, give us that tell on how ya really be feelin on that UAW! Good luck on this one now!
    have called Quad a Communist for that comment on the UAW....not to mention a few other names....LOL!! It's a good thing that Archie got promoted to the Chief of Police of Sparta....
    LOL!!!

:)
    Here is a link to her original post pirated from www.pickuptruck.com:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/engaged/edmund.cgi?c=Pickups&f=0&t=2269&q=626

And here is the original article:

http://www.pickuptruck.com/html/history/chev_segment5.html

Has Libby been smoking too much of that bottom leaf tobacco she has been growing? Has she addled what little brain she has left? Does she really believe that she owns a '52? You be the judge.
  • rooster9rooster9 Member Posts: 239
    Here be the truth on them '52 Chevies:

1) They ain't got no haul, do you be seein anything in the back of them midsize trucks? Do you see em pullin anything?

2) They ain't fullsize, they don't look too big to me, I bet if a Tundra was parked next to one of those limited '52 Chevies, the Chevy might be lookin pretty tiny!

3) They're for show, people own these midsize trucks cause they be chasin the fad. They want an antique, something nobody else has.

4) Outdated, is there even suspension on that bad boy?

5) Small engine, first V-8's appeared a few years later, they had a little 6 cylinder, with less power than a VW Beetle.

6) Look at that pickup box, tell me that's fullsize!

7) I bet those headlights were powerful!

8) "In 1949 the gas tank was moved to inside the cab behind the seat back." Hmm, sounds safe-not only can you explode during a collision, you can also get high by the gas fumes. (Of couse, this might be a positive thing for justtheone)

Justtheone, I'll post pics of me pulling a tractor or two with my Tundra when the tractor pullin' season comes along.
    Lets hear some tells on folks workin that forien one. Aint heard no tells yet, ceptin for that one "haulin" them bicycles now. I be expectin not to be hearin much, as I aint seen none of em workin, cept doin that "hi-way haul" now. Good luck on this one now!
    Yes, I actually did haul with my T100 - a 3800 pound boat. The 3.4 with the 5 speed and 4.something gears actually did a pretty nice job towing. The only time it felt underpowered was when I needed to pass someone uphill, other than that it was fine and knocked down 18-20 mpg consistantly.
  • bcobco Member Posts: 756
    go away for four days and don't miss much...

'bout 90 posts read and only one response.

bama, i'd like to take you back to your post #947:

"Sat 11 Nov '00 (08:03 AM)
    'I was responding to obyone who says everything GM
    makes is from mexico.'

Obyone never said any such thing. You are
    sounding like BCO - make things up as you go."

um, actually, if you read oby's post #443:
    "Fri 10 Nov '00 (09:50 PM)
    GM vehicles are MADE IN MEXICO....just to spite
    the union....mostly Tahoes and Yukons...and from
    the postings that I've read...the Mexicans do a
    better job..LMAO!!"

he does say gm's are built in mexico. perhaps not ALL gm's, but he did say that gm's are made in mexico.

more importantly to me is your last statement:
    "You are sounding like BCO - make things up as you go."
    i'm intrigued. what exactly have i "made up"? i mean, can you give me ONE example of where i've "made something up", lied, or intentionally deceived someone?

thanks in advance.

bco
    Haulin a little john boat aint workin em. Folks be haulin them john boats with little cars round these parts. Still waitin on them tells of folks who be "workin" them forien ones. Good luck on this one now!
    I'm sorry, 3800 pounds is a large boat.

BTW...it's spelled "foreign"...
    anyone heard about the ford recall of their truck trannies?
    Yup, "workin" them forien ones be haulin that 3800 pound john boat for some. This be where them that works them trucks, and them yuppies who be fad chasin be partin ways now. The workin man be haulin 7500 pounds on up with them US of A trucks, some even fifth wheelin with em day in and out. Where as that yuppie be thinkin that haulin a 3800 pound john boat be workin em hard. Get ya one of them little big3 ones if ya just goin haul a john boat now! Once again, any folk heard of any of them forien ones really workin? Lets hear a tell on it now. Good luck on this one now!
  • swobigswobig Member Posts: 634
    on the picture of the 52 Chevy - other than that though...
    Yep! What little credibility justletone had is gone. Makes you wonder what else he's lying about!
    Good job Bama...Libbys going down quick on this latest tell. ;)
    Still anit heard no tells on any folks workin them forien ones. Heard one tell of some folk haulin a john boat, but that be it. Where is all them folks who be "workin" them forien ones hard. Maybe they all be used up like them hi-lux ones now. Facts is facts, if ya work em, there goin break quick. So much for that quality myth of them toy ones now. Them head-gaskets still popin on em? Yup. What say too this one now? Good luck on this one now!

Where be all them hi-lux ones now? Good luck on this one now?
  • ratboy3ratboy3 Member Posts: 324
    I still like the pictures.. too bad it isn't his truck.. I thought it was great to have a '52 truck still up and running.. still great.. for the real owner..
    Are you sure Libby? For all Libby knows - it blew its engine in '53 and has been sitting in that same spot for 47 years.

Still blowing that bottom leaf smoke. Its bad enough being a hick - but a hick that lies?
    Ya best go ask Donny if ya seeking that truth on it. Them without the knowin says this and that, but that truth be that truth. If ya truly seekin that truth, be askin Donny on it now. If ya lookin for a twistin of that truth, listen to the yuppie on it. Said it plain for all them seekin that truth back in #771, Facts is facts. Good luck on this one now!
  • bcobco Member Posts: 756
    bama, i'd like to take you back to your post #947:

"Sat 11 Nov '00 (08:03 AM)
    'I was responding to obyone who says everything GM
    makes is from mexico.'

Obyone never said any such thing. You are
    sounding like BCO - make things up as you go."

um, actually, if you read oby's post #443:
    "Fri 10 Nov '00 (09:50 PM)
    GM vehicles are MADE IN MEXICO....just to spite
    the union....mostly Tahoes and Yukons...and from
    the postings that I've read...the Mexicans do a