Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Tundra vs the Big 3 Continued IV

Comments

• rwellbaum2rwellbaum2 Member Posts: 1,006
    Saying GM's are made in Mexico is not the same as saying all GM's are made in Mexico. Instead of lawering over grammer, you should be writing the CEO of GM, demanding the return of GM jobs to American soil. If the complicity of GM fans allow the continued loss of jobs, you'll eventually have to move to Mexico in order to call the Silverado a domestic.....;)
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    For the present, you must move to Asia to call Tundra a domestic!
    :)
  • bcobco Member Posts: 756
    while i appreciate (and don't disagree with) your comments, my point was not that any one truck or another is domestic or not. it was to let bama know that oby in fact HAD said that there are gm vehicles manufactured in mexico. more importantly it was to determine exactly what bama felt i was "making up". i don't believe you can find a single instance of me "making something up", lying or intentionally deceiving anyone on this board. i post things that i either know as fact, or have read about elsewhere. and, 99% of the time, i let everyone else know where i read it so that they may judge the validity of it themselves. i am truly offended by the fact that he would state that i "make things up as i go". that's a lie and i challenge anyone to prove otherwise.

bco
  • justtheonejusttheone Member Posts: 403
    Them folks who got them forien tundras be talkin like they be US of A ones. They think that twistin that truth will make it fact. But them facts is them facts, that tundra one be forien, and them big3 ones be US of A. Use your eyes to learn the truth on this one. Good luck on this one now!
  • timothyadavistimothyadavis Member Posts: 322
    three dollar bill....
    I have no reason to doubt your word, justletone on the other hand.......
    Good thing I don't call it a domestic! ;) The truth remains, there's not much separating your domestic and my import, in terms of jobs created in the U.S. The U.S. I-force V-8 plant will start production soon. The Tundra will be more American than your mexican built domestic.
    Saw a new Toyota Double Cab on base today!!!! Nice looking truck and the back seat looks like it's shaped comfortably like the Silverado. The back seat area looked identical in legroom to the Tundra, but they gained extra room by making the seatback thinner and countered. The angle of the seat bottom is better too. Looks like the seat that should have been in the Tundra got used for the new Double Cab. Shame on you Toyota!
    Them new S10 ones be "full size" now, at least "full size" when compared too them tundras now. Them new S10 ones got more haul in em than that limited one too. Guessin them tundras will be goin the way of them t100 ones, and year after next that factory will be comin out with yet another one of them "all new full size" ones. When is that factory goin figure out just what "full size" means? Good luck on this one now!
  • ratboy3ratboy3 Member Posts: 324
    The grill work is so-so.. but that's my opinion only..
  • swobigswobig Member Posts: 634
    I agree with ratboy3 - I don't particularly care for the grill on the new Tacoma, but like the 4 door idea. S-10 will have one soon, but it'll be much better when the redesign comes due...
    If ya be needin that truth on it, give Donny a call on it. Donny be havin that knowin on it for sure now. Good luck on this one now!
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    Hey man wake up dude. Our silverados (what we are comparing to the tundra not tahoes or burbs) are made in the US or canada.

MICHIGAN INDIANA and (canada dont remember the city) last time i checked went located anywhere close to mexico

Maybe some geography lessons are in store for you

Ryan
    How they goin learn that geography if they cant even be learned that them ones aint "full size" now? If they cant use them eyes on that size of em, they sure aint goin be learned no geography for sure. Good luck on this one now!
    Assembled, Ryan! Look at the individual components. For example, major Suspension parts (springs, control arms, etc.) are made in Mexico. BTW, since when is Canada considered domestic? Quit apologizing for GM and there policy of shipping jobs out of the U.S. I don't care if you want to support their company, just realize that Chevy isn't concerned with keeping jobs here unless it means more profit for GM's CEO&shareholders. Unfortunately, they can build their products more cheaply by shipping labor intensive jobs abroad. The GM workers in the states are doing the same thing as the Tundra workers...assembling! The only difference is they get paid a lot more, which is why GM is so anxious to get them off the payroll.
    There is a big difference between your "truth" and THE truth, as evidenced by the pirated pictures of your supposedly still working 52 chevy. For all I care your "tell" can go to.....
    It's sickening to witness such blatant, remorseless falsifications!!!

Sorry everyone, I'm not gettin' much sleep at night, so I'm a little cranky. ;)
  • kevinokevino Member Posts: 19
    post 971 I questioned justletone about the pics in #626.......................no response

post 993 stated the point about the gas tank relocate.......................no response

justletone keeps rambling on about "fad chasin" & "yuppies" & seein um workin" & "best selling truck for 22 years"

OOPS the 22 years ...hmmm... no that was someone else now wasn't it, well...wasn't it???????
    maybe NOT.

He sure can cut and paste over and over and then just change a couple of words....presto.

I have a thought, you wonder how he came up with his user name. It was probably the repeated question to his parents, he heard over and over as a child.

Ya'll folks aint be figurin on playin hanky panky and bornin a nutter one of dem dare
    kids are yeh now.

His parents would answer boldly, nah JUSTTHEONE!

Ryan,
    Don't know what Tim "seen" me posting on GVWR.
    I did however, post on some other topics the same night. I did not limit myself to justthisone.

I am not ROTFLMAO. If I were how could I be typing and reading his stuff??????????????
    Seek that truth from Donny if reachin for that truth. If lookin too just flap them gums, then dont be seekin it. Now go on back #771, this will give ya the knowin on findin that truth ya be seekin. Gettin tired of tryin too learn ya now, so read that #771, and be askin Donny for ya self on it. Seek that truth or flap them gums, but that fact still goin be that fact now. Good luck on this one now!
    Your incoherent rambling is pathetic!!!!
    Yup, figured as much. Ya just be flappin them gums now, aint got no interest in that truth for sure. Good luck on this one now!
    Im not talking about components. Anything you buy nowadyas has a million components from all over. I have mexico canada us all stamped somewhere on my truck. I am talking about WHERE THE TRUCK WAS ASSEMBLED. Thats where the origional mexico thing started from where they were built. And no canada isnt part of the US i know that but they arent making the low wages like mexican workers. You get where im coming from

Rwell i am curious on your window sticker what percent of the components were US made??? 10%? On a 4 runner my mom was looking at buying it said 90% japanese and 10% american. ALl i know is that more than 10% of my truck is american alot more than 10%.

Ryan
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    Those powder puff Shakerundras spend so much time at Midas fixing cheap drums and warped discs, they need privacy curtains to avoid embarrassment!
  • bamatundrabamatundra Member Posts: 1,583
    Who the heck is Donny? You aren't fibbing again -are you? Pathetic!
    If you check the site that Libby pirated her pictures from you will see that she posted a picture of a '47 and a '52. Libby - lying again - blowing more of that bottom leaf smoke.
    Sorry I haven't gotten back to your post sooner. I was busy exposing Libby as a liar.

You wanted examples of things that you made up while you go?

BCO - "for starters, i'd rather my truck take an
    extra 15 feet to stop than have to take it back to
    have the rotors ground down every week."

Hmm. This statement doesn't seem to be very factual. I guess you'll just give me some lame excuse that you weren't being serious. I guess you were just making it up as you go.

How about this: "the whole
    point of declaring the silverado "perfect" because
    I'VE had no problems was to eliminate your
    contention that since YOU'VE not experienced it
    with your tundra, that it can't be possible
    (reference warped rotors). that was the only
    response you had to that challenge. "

Alright - here is your chance: Show me where I contended that warped rotors can't be possible on the Tundra. Can't find it? I didn't think so. I guess you were just making it up as you go.

BCO "that was the only response you had" I suggest you read post #864 again. I also used a magazine article as a source. I guess you were just making it up as you go. TIA

The only reason I mentioned my truck at all was to show how ludicrous your contention about turning rotors every week was and to counter a lie that Quad posted saying that I was getting my brakes worked on.
  • fordtuffordtuf Member Posts: 101
    Driving in today (ATL about 30 mile drive to work) these are the working trucks I saw:

Ford trucks (F150-F550) 18
    Ford vans 7
    Chevy trucks 2
    Dodge trucks 2
    Toyota 0

One of the Chevy's was an equivalent to a F550.

I just thought I'd tell what I saw. I figure I might do this again.

justtheone,
    Why don't you answer the questions about your pictures? You have more rhetoric than Jessie Jackson(? spelling). If you wanted to put a TRUTHFUL end to this, go take another picture of the truck with something from this time period in the picture, with yourself too.

You contributions are somewhat funny, but you have been called to the mat on this. All you do is ramble on, you have lost any credibility (used lightly) that you may have had.

Time has come to put up or shut up. We will see what kind of a person you are soon. If I were a betting man I would give 10:1 odds on $100 bet that your going to waffle around this issue.

GOOD LUCK ON THIS ONE NOW, YA HEAR
    For them seekin that truth on them pictures go on back too #771 of Tundra vs the Big 3 Continued IV (Topic #2269), there ya will find that truth on it. Donny got the knowin ya be needin too figure this one out quick enough, nothin more I can do too learn ya on it now. If ya still cant figure it out, flap ya gums til it be soundin true for ya, some folks can learn ya this quick enough now. Good luck on this one now!
    Still aint heard of them forien ones doin any work now. Heard one tell of one of them ones "haulin" a john boat, but that aint workin em. Whay say, is any folk workin them ones? Some say they break quicker if ya work em now. So much for them ones havin any haul in em. What say too this one now? Good luck on this one now!
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    This Donny fella...he got a sister named Marie?
  • jcmdiejcmdie Member Posts: 594
    I think justtheone is indicating that these are his pics that were poted on pickuptrucks.com and I'll bet donny was the author of the story or the one credited with the pictures.
    The pictures are credited to a "AAMA" for the contemporary photo of the 1947 and "Don Bunn" for the modern photos of the 1952 and other pickups. Justthedumb is trying to intimate, while maintaining deniability via obscure language of course, that "Don Bunn" took the picture of justtryone's pickup. As ludicrous as the language....

And this pseudo-hick language is interesting in that it seems to include forms from the Mad Max movie Beyond Thunderdome (remember the nuclear-disaster-survivor kids passing on the "tell?").

Well, at least it has given something to discuss other than "you said I said, but I didn't," "I say you said and you're wrong" and "my truck is perfect and yours sucks" blather we generally wade through.... :-P
    bama, in response to your post #1037:

"BCO - 'for starters, i'd rather my truck take an extra 15 feet to stop than have to take it back to have the rotors ground down every week.'"

how can an OPINION be a lie? i WOULD rather my truck take an extra 15 feet to stop than have the problems that many tundra owners have had with warped drums. that many tundra owners have had problems with their brakes is not "made up". you can find more evidence of that than you can shake a stick at on TS.

"Alright - here is your chance: Show me where I contended that warped rotors can't be possible on the Tundra."

bama, when you stated:
    "That's funny - I have never had the brakes worked on and they work fine. Must be a fluke I guess." (post #864) and "That's funny the Automobile magazine long term Tundra road test that I quoted didn't have any brake problems in over 25,000 miles. Must be another fluke." (also post #864)
    ...just what were you getting at? i'll tell you how it read to me. because 1) you've never had brake problems and 2) automobile magazine didn't experience brake problems on the ONE tundra they had, then the brake problems described by folks over on tundra solutions must not be that significant. ok, perhaps you felt using the phrase "not possible" was excessive. my apologies.

"BCO 'that was the only response you had' I suggest you read post #864 again. I also used a magazine article as a source. I guess you were just making it up as you go."

you are correct. you used TWO examples as proof that tundras have no problems with their brakes. i was incorrect and i admit it. i don't know that i'd go so far as to call that a "lie" or "made up" though.

perhaps someone else would like to weigh in on this? rob? ratboy? timothyadavis? any other tundra owners out there feel i post information here with the deliberate intent of lying or deceiving others?

i think at best, bama, you have cited two situations where i was being sarcastic. i'm done playing that game now. frankly, i think you owe me an apology, but i won't hold my breath.

bco
    I don't really blame you. It's just that it gets pointless to defend what you did or didn't say (you too, bama). Gee whiz, some of these trucks have had problems; that's a fact whether Dodge, Toyota, Chevy or (gasp! Can it be my choice too?!) Ford. It's fun to get sarcastic sometimes and jump into "us versus them" but it isn't very effective, useful or productive in this versus topic where people simply take offense and then get defensive.

Maybe we can just take a deep breath each time we feel attacked and try to discuss and debate more frequently while defending the honor of our truck choices and ourselves less. Can we, huh, can we?!?
    oh no i feel another we are the world we are the children coming on.

Ryan
    com'ere, big guy, and give us that hug!...
  • fordtuffordtuf Member Posts: 101
    if I was a betting man.

cut and paste.....cut and paste
    You are definitely looking pretty stupid now Jessie....oops I mean justletone

You still have not answered the question about the gas fill neck that was brought up a couple of times. It would appear you have a problem with your monitor, not seeing what has been typed. You are surely not trying to avoid this point are you?

You time is up. It was funny, now its just dumb.
    Be thankin ya on helpin in learnin some of these folks the plain facts, if folks just took some time they could figure out them things without such help now. Now back too that haul, or lackin of it in the case of them forien ones now. Here is another factory hint: Ya cant be gettin that hitch on that limited one now. Good luck on this one now!
  • superjim2000superjim2000 Member Posts: 314
    Striking to keep jobs in the US and not mexico.....damn.

PS. THAT WAS SARCASM.

It inconvienieced some but "who cares about their families?" I want a new truck and GM is on strike.

When your company decides to pack up and move to mexico, taking your job away, wouldnt you want to fight back??

I would. I've been on strike, guess what, our company was so out of line that the judge couldnt believe managements demands and awarded us a favorable raise.

We dont make trucks but we have 80 of em and they need service.
    Your sounding very flustered, trying to bury your exposed lies. Now your tellin' more lies about them limited ones to take attention away from your previous falsifications. That's the way of a fibber. Has to keep making up stories to explain his inconsistencies. Runnin' out of luck on this one, Rube!
    This is the point I've been trying to convey to Ryan. Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and chevrolet are now...soccer, tamales, flan and chevrolet.
  • superjim2000superjim2000 Member Posts: 314
    Trying to keep NFL football, barbeques, (your choice of pie.....I reccomend hair!!) alive. Too many companies expect god to grace em with 500 golden geese and give their employees a handout here and there in exchange.

Gotta make wall street happy, who cares that a driver was crushed in a truck yesterday and will have to learn how to walk again because of the constant pressure of trying to meet unrealistic quotas?

"Did we make our numbers?"
    ice hockey, moosehead, sno-cones, and chevrolet... ;)

bco
  • ratboy3ratboy3 Member Posts: 324
    |o)

good one....
    Wonder why ya cant be gettin no factory hitch on them limited ones now. Could be they aint got no haul in em for sure. Ponder this one. Good luck on this one now!
  • swobigswobig Member Posts: 634
    you guys jump on people to fast without knowing anything. Call people names, a liar, stupid remarks - grow up. I don't have any loyalty to him, you, or any trucks, but some of you are just plain wrong - and you know who you are...
    Aint it funny how them yuppies, when ya slap em in the face with them facts on them limited ones, start that attack? Why is this now? Could be they got the knowin that they be fad chasin them forien ones, and aint got the knowin of nothin else on em. But them that works them ones aint got no worrys bout no yuppies callin names now, they get that chuckle, and just go on back too debatin them trucks. Now, how bout that hitch mystery, whay say on them factory hitches now? This be a mystery for sure. Good luck on this one now!
    Got this off of that edmunds site:

DH Towing Receiver Hitch
    NOT AVAILABLE with XH60, 9Z.

Heard tells that ya cant get that factory hitch cuz them limited ones aint got no haul now. What say too this one here? Good luck on this one now!
    I think Gomer pyle was from around your parts and you know what he's be saying. "Shame! shame! shame on you for tellin' those fibs, rube"!

Know one can be sure what to believe from you anymore. ;(
    WOw only $480 shipping? Must be because its smaller than the silverado.

Bama the hitch wasnt an option prior to 2001.

ad fee??? I didnt pay one of those.

Ryan
    Ryan, first you defend GM even though they're in the process of laying off workers and sending jobs to Mexico. Now your defending justletone when he spreads more of his falsifications. I always thought of you as a thoughtful person, but you need to pay closer attention to what/who you lend your support.
This discussion has been closed.