Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Aveo Accesories & Modifications

12346»

Comments

• killadelphiakilladelphia Member Posts: 3
    Spectra intake kit with a thrush glass pack sounds good.
    Thats around $60 - $70.
    I have an echarger($50) hooked up to my intake and cat delete headers($400).
    The headers are painted and wrapped with 50 feet.
    Its sound good.
    When I put the headers on, it gave it a deeper rumble.
    Ebay and JEGS.com is your best friend.
  • mejia_isabellamejia_isabella Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

I have had this exact same problem and have searched high and low and your post is the only one I found with my same problem. I was hoping you could let me know if you ever found out what the problem was and if it was fixable?

I really appreciate your help, nobody seems to know what to do!

Thank you,

isabella
  • mejia_isabellamejia_isabella Member Posts: 2
    If anyone can shed some light on this issue I would be greatly appreciative!

My Chevy Aveo 2006 will not start. When I turn the key, the car honks eerily but refuses to turn on. I know it is probably an electrical problem...but I don't really know anything about cars.

Any suggestions are welcome! Thank you all
  • peter58peter58 Member Posts: 4
    Hi
    for years we had a problem with the alarm (horn) going off for no apparent reason and we finally found a mechanic who understood the problem.
    There is an actuator under the hood that needs replacing,this is hooked up to the alarm and once it was replaced the problem stopped.
    Any reputable Chevy dealer should have this problem well documented.
    Hope this helps
    Peter
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    mejia_isabella,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Were you planning on having the vehicle diagnosed?

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • yellowbubbleyellowbubble Member Posts: 1
    I have also been experiencing random alarm activations, and recently it has increased dramatically in frequency to about 3-4 times a night. Let me tell you the neighbors LOVE me!

My fiance was able to remove the horn fuse to temporarily solve the problem.

I called my local Chevy dealer, and they were well aware of the problem. The said that it is the hood actuator, and it is about $190 to repair.

Hope this helps everyone and good luck!!!!
  • dms67dms67 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased an Aveo in 06. I have not had too much problems with it because of regular maintainence. A couple of years ago the door locks quit engaging even though when I push the lock button on the key fob it makes the chirping sound. The alarm will sound when the door is opened. The car was broken into earlier this summer because of the problem. Any suggestions?
  • scy80scy80 Member Posts: 3
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Hello dms67,

That's horrible that your vehicle was broken into! While this should not be considered an official GM diagnosis, this may be an issue with your door lock actuators. What are your plans for potentially getting this looked into?

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • bill_bbill_b Member Posts: 2
    Did the Cobalt Engine bolt right up, or did you have to make other changes, like exhaust, tranny, etc?
  • bill_bbill_b Member Posts: 2
    Did the Cobalt SS engine bolt right up, or did it require other modifications like tranny and exhaust, etc?

Thanks!