Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Tundra vs the Big 3 Continued IV

Comments

• bamatundrabamatundra Member Posts: 1,583
    Ryan - Could it be that it is shipped from Indiana rather than Canada?
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    Bama my truck was shipped from indiana to indiana. I still had to pay $665. it was shipped only 30 mls from the plant to the dealership.

RWELL defend gm??? No i was only stating that the SILVERADOS are built in the united states and canada not in mexico.

Ryan
    oh i wasnt defnding justtheone. Just clarifing so you could understand where he was coming from. If it isnt spelled out for you guys you dont understand and try and take it a different way.

Ryan
  • justtheonejusttheone Member Posts: 403
    Follow this link for that lack of that hitch on them limited ones now:
    http://edmunds.com/newtrucks/2001/toyota/tundra/ltdv84wdaccesscab.html
    Be notin that it be that 2001 limited one. Ya cant be gettin that factory hitch on them ones now. Nothin new, it been the same from day one, all the way back too them t100 ones. Now I be ponderin on this one and done figured it has too do with that lack of haul on them runts now. So much for them "full size" ones, that ya cant even get a hitch on. What say too this one now? Good luck on this one now!
    Note that lack of that hitch on em:

DH Towing Receiver Hitch
    NOT AVAILABLE with XH60, 9Z.

Be learnin on it for ya self now here:

http://edmunds.com/newtrucks/2001/toyota/tundra/ltdv84wdaccesscab.html

Whay say on this mystery now? Is this that factory hintin at that lack of haul on them "full size" ones now? Learn on it, then get ya a big3 ones if ya goin haul with it. Good luck on this one now!
    Go pick ya out a nice one at the grove:
    Good luck on this one now!
    PROS AND CONS
    Pros:
    Silky V8, Toyota build quality, less-than-full-size maneuverability.
    Cons:
    Lacks wide range of choice offered by domestics, somewhat uncomfortable front seats, meager rear cab room on Access Cab, chintzy interior trimmings.

Hey i went and read the link from justtheone. Im gonna defend him now

heres the listed info

DH Towing Receiver Hitch
    NOT AVAILABLE with XH60, 9Z. $259 $379

Whats XH60???
    9Z is Wire Harness For Bumper
    NOT AVAILABLE with XH60, DH

So tundra guys whats the option pkg XH60??? Whatever that is you cant get a hitch on that. My guess its the limited trim

Ryan
    So much for that toyota quality myth now:

Toyota/Lexus, although having 14% of the California auto market, was not able to be included in the Lemon Index because it refuses to offer consumers a state-certified arbitration program. Toyota/Lexus ended its state-certified arbitration program in 1994, after it received adverse publicity for alleged "undue influence" on the arbitration process. According to a California Department of Consumer Affairs survey, 80% of Toyota customers who attempted to resolve disputes in its arbitration program believed that it was unfair.

Got this tell right here now:
    http://www.pirg.org/calpirg/consumer/products/auto/press97.htm

Good luck gettin ya money back on them limited ones for sure. Good luck on this one now!
    Ya cant be gettin no factory hitch on them limited ones for sure. Now them folks is goin attack for sure. This be how it is when that truth be slappin em hard. So much for that haul, and so much for that quailty of them ones. So, if ya cant haul with em, and that quality be so bad, why is them folks chasin em? That shine! Good luck on this one now!
    bama but whats the XH60 option??? You cant get a hitch with that selection.

Ryan
    Im glad you admitted that you were making it up. Now your healing can begin. By the way - I'm glad you arent holding your breath.

DH Towing Receiver Hitch

Facts is facts on them limited ones and them factory hitches. No haul/No hitch. That be the law now. Listen too them factory hints, and get ya a big3 one, or get ya a tundra if haulin has no meanin too ya. Good luck on this one now!
    Factory has tricked em and now they be knowin it for sure. No haul/No hitch. So much for them forien ones. They still be good fetchin them grocerys and such, but ya cant be puttin em too work, it be the law. If ya goin work em, get ya a big3 one. If fad chasin, pick ya a limited one out at that grove, that lemon grove! Good luck on this one now!
    Once again listen too that factory. They be the ones who named that limited one Da Runt. They be givin ya that hint once again. Listen hard now, and ya can hear that factory laughin at ya hard! Them ones be the "runt" of the litter for sure! Use your eyes are on this one. Good luck on this one now!
    Bama facts are facts there. justtheone has brought the facts

DH Towing Receiver Hitch
    NOT AVAILABLE with XH60, 9Z

Forward you cant deny this its true factual information.

YOu guys really hate to be wrong dont you???

Ryan
    will be denyin them facts cuz that be the way of em. Them yuppies will be usin that yuppie logic too be twistin them facts, just ask Donny on it now, as they aint goin. They just attack when ya post that fact! Good luck on this one now!
    I just posted two different sources: Carpoint and Priceline showing Limiteds with tow hitches. How many more do you guys want? Man - I can expect this from Libby - too much bottom leaf smoke, but from Ryan also? I guess the Chevy pack has to stick together.
    The two sources were Edmunds and Priceline.
    DH Towing Receiver Hitch

This is from edmunds

NOT AVAILABE MEANS YOU CANT GET IT BAMA!!!

Only reason i am sticking with him is because he posted facts and oh whats new you deny it. ITS AS CLEAR AS DAY!!!

Ryan
    Libby - twisting the truth. She obviously has a truth impairment. She is factually challenged.

Libby - When are you going to let us know who Donny is? When are you going to explain how your truck changed from a '47 to a '52? Why should we have to ask Donny? - can't you tell the truth yourself? Quit beating around the bush. Quit pussyfooting around. Don't skirt the issue. Tell the truth.
  • timothyadavistimothyadavis Member Posts: 322
    You take a statement from Edmund's (like they've never been wrong anyway!) that you do not understand and then try to draw a conclusion about what is and is not available on a truck.

The Edmund's option list for the Tundra simply says that you cannot select the DH Towing Receiver Hitch option if you select either the XH60 or the 9Z option. Do any of you know what XH60 actually is?! Well I can tell you that the other option that is mutually exclusive with selecting DH, 9Z is a Wire Harness For Bumper. Now gee, don't you think the reason for that is because the DH option already includes the wiring harness and they don't want to sell you another one you don't need?!?

Furthermore, I'm guessing that XH60 is either some other specialty type of hitch or maybe a different bumper so that it would preclude using the DH type hitch. (Toyota sales folks?) Gee, that would really be underhanded of Toyota to insist on not selling you stuff you don't need, now wouldn't it?!?

Also, as a double check, I ran through the option selections on www.carsdirect.com and found that you could select the Towing Receiver Hitch on every possible configuration and option selection they listed. As an example here is a spec for a 2001 Toyota Tundra 4dr 4X2 LTD V8

As for trusting a particular hick-writing pretender's facts, I will be happy to just as soon as s/he posts one....
  • ratboy3ratboy3 Member Posts: 324
    makes sense what TimD says... makes sense what Just1 says as well being it is posted on Edmunds..

gotta double check where the U-Haul folks attached the trailers I have rented.. hopefully they didnt use rubber bands :o)
    We arent syaing you cant add one just it doesnt come with one it is unavailable. Why is it??? Trucks should come with them

Ryan
    but what TimD said.. it must be some configuration that it doesnt have the option for that H20 whatever that was..
    and just like what Just1 said.. it is a fact on that aspect..
    I do remember when I got my truck.. all of them had the little square holes behind them to put the hitch thing..
    OK, there certainly is a discrepancy in info here. Toyota's site is mum. Three online sources say you can get the particular towing option with all configurations and two say you can't. Please note though that the two that say you can't are talking about a particular towing option (maybe there is an alternative in those cases?). I can understand why they might not offer other than the included bumper hitch location with the V-6, but cannot see why with the 4X4. Possibly the latter must use a different hitch (XH60 maybe?) due to the additional height? Who knows?

Still, without a definitive answer from Toyota, it is premature to say that you can't tow on a receiver hitch just because one optional one is not available. That's called a fallacy in logic.

Witness another similar logic fallacy to see the point:
    Some men are not parents.
    You are not a parent.
    Therefore, you are not a man.

Of course, that will be true for those of you who are not, in fact, men. But false (whatever the accusations we might see posted here to the contrary) for those of you who are men but aren't parents.

I apologize, in advance, to those of you who feel that this topic and logic are mutually exclusive domains.... ;-)
  • bcobco Member Posts: 756
    i went back to re-read my post and, sure enough, i hadn't admitted to making anything up. i guess that makes YOU just as guilty of that "annoying tendency of over-generalizing", yes? ok then. this issue is a dead one. i can see you're not worth my time. let's just talk trucks...

bco
    My point flew over your head.

My point is on a 4x4 Limited (same as LT silverado) you cant get a hitch. Why? I have no idea thats what i asked.

DH Towing Receiver Hitch
    NOT AVAILABLE with XH60, 9Z

Whats XH60 i asked before no answers no one knows. Is it the limited pkg designation? 9Z is the harness for it so that makes sense.

Logic hehe there is no logic in this topic

Ryan
    Just checked www.driveoff.com and they also showed the DH hitch available for all except the V-6 engines. I'll bet the hitch isn't available with the Limited now because it has become standard equipment!
    I dont know. Theres nothing that says that. No mention at kbb or edmunds about a hitch that is std. If you find anything post it.

Ryan
    Talking trucks: Why are they called "trucks" anyway? Hmmmmm.... Webster's shows the etymology (not to be confused with entomology -- that will drive you buggy!) of the the word as probably coming from the Latin trochus meaning "iron hoop" which came from the Greek trochos meaning "wheel" and that the word came into our language as "truck" in about 1611. Gee, I think they were only making Fords back then, huh? ;-)
    2001 tundra

not a 2000
    Ryan neglected to say that the info he posted was for a '00 Tundra (Just an oversight - I'm sure). Man, he is beginning to sound just like Libby.

Ryan - the note that you and Libby posted applies to all Tundras. I suppose the next thing you will say is that you can't get a hitch on any Tundra. LAME.

You have been hanging around Libby too long. Repent - maybe there is hope for you. It may not be too late.
    I'll let you know if I come across something.
    opps kbb didnt work but go over there they dont have 2000 listed in new vehicles its moved to the 2001 model yr.

Ryan
    I was just posting about "how I read what you posted".

Now you see what a hypocrite you are. Point, Set, Match.
    Im not mising out i have a hitch on my silverado

IM NOT RAGGING

justtheone brought up a point i figured id expand this so whats the XH60?????

Thats what i am getting at

Ryan

ITS OVER PUT THIS TO A REST No more said on the hitch issue agreed?
    but...
    I agree. Smoking is a disgusting habit....

;-)
    no butts
    How can I answer that without breaking the agreement?

;-)
    do you have a resolution tim? i dont care if you post it.

Im done talking about it though. I will not bring it up anymore post away

Ryan
    New Years resolution?
    For them that been around this here forum a bit, one who sold them limiteds ones use too argue that them factory hitchs weren't added cuz of that EPA now. Now folks is just tryin too say ya can get that factory hitch, but the facts is ya cant. Its got somethin too do with that haul for sure. So much for "workin" them limited ones. That factory is hintin strong that they be for fad chasin and not workin now. They aint "full size" neither, yet some folk be insistin they are too. Use your eyes on these mysterys now. Good luck on this one now!
    Get ya one of them limited ones, without that factory hitch now. Ya aint goin "work" that truck no how. That factory has the knowin that folks just chasin that fad on em, so dont let that lack of that factory hitch slow ya down any. Chase that shine yuppie! Good luck on this one now!
    I saw a blur of useless, empty, unsupported, ridiculous innuendo. But nary a fact nor reasonable statement in sight....
    Them facts is slapin folks hard, and it be stingin based on the denyin that be goin on now. Use your eyes for this one. Good luck on this one now!
  • bcobco Member Posts: 756
    re: #1103

"I was just posting about 'how I read what you posted'.
    Now you see what a hypocrite you are. Point, Set, Match."

interesting thought: in order for YOU not to be a hypocrite, then you must admit that in stating that 1) you've never had brake problems in your tundra, and 2) since the automobile magazine folks didn't find any in their tundra, then the point you were trying to make is that it is NOT possible for tundras to have warped rotors.

which of course is a point you asked me to prove in your post, #1037:

"Alright - here is your chance: Show me where I contended that warped rotors can't be possible on the Tundra."

and imagine that. simple logic without the sophomoric "point, set, match" bs. i'm not sure what i'm supposed to say now...case closed? strike three? tough break?

the best part of all is this...you still have yet to show any instance where i "made stuff up as i went along." which pretty much undermines your credibility...something which is not at all shocking in the eyes of those who post here. just ask. you used to have some value or worth in your posts...now you rarely, if ever, do. you thrive on getting others fired up over issues that have nothing to do with trucks. tell me...do you have an account on tundra solutions? i'm guessing you don't...because the folks over there are pretty boring. and they tell a lot of lies too. i mean, surely it is NOT possible for there to be THAT many problems with the tundra is it? that's why you hang out here, twisting words, picking fights (that you eventually drag down into mudslinging) and slandering others. that's fine...just understand you're NOT fooling anyone.

bco
    Folks can see with them eyes that them limited ones aint got what it be takin to be a "full size" one. If that stick measurement aint good enough, then use your eyes for that compare. Them limited ones aint "full size", and ya cant even get that factory hitch on em. This be what that factory was hintin at when they named that one "Da Runt"! This be the fact on that one now. Good luck on this one now!
  • jim_sjim_s Member Posts: 1
    For anyone who really cares for facts, please note: I took my wife's 2000 Camry in for servicing this morning at the local Toyota dealer. While waiting, I looked at dozens of new Tundras on the lot. Many of the Limiteds did, that's did, have receiver hitches on them. Why try to decifer option package literature? Just go look at a Tundra or call a dealer.

PS: Why do you people giving credence or attention to the mindless babble of justtheone?
    Thank you. Gee, actual observations, facts! What a concept! Thank you, I am trying my best to ignore the mindless babbler.
This discussion has been closed.