Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hyundai Sonata vs. Honda Accord vs. Toyota Camry vs. Ford Fusion

Comments

• Options
    badgerfanbadgerfan Member Posts: 1,565
    Pat,

Then, as an example please explain to me that this review pulled out of the Edmund Ford Fusion customer reviews is a valid review. Almost every area of a V-6 Fusion is a 1.0? Sure and I have a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell you:

Date Posted
    12/16/2005 another poor design by grandmas at Ford by jman
    Style: V6 SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A) Rating 1.6

Review: I purchased this car and at first it had that cachet that made me buy it. I should of taken it for a longer test drive. Every time I got into the car something else would be missing on it. A cover, or cap. This car feels very plastic; something my son should be driving around in my front yard. The nimble effect it had when I first bought it turned into mushy handling.
    Favorite Features: Six-speed automatic transmission.
    Suggested Improvements: Completely rebuild this vehicle. Put some real car people in the design room and get my Grandma and Grandpa out of there.
    2 of 15 People found this review helpful. Was this review helpful? Yes No

Let us know if this review is offensive. Back to top
    Ratings Detail
    Performance 1.0

Comfort 1.0

Fuel Economy 6.0

Fun-to-Drive 1.0

Interior Design 1.0

Exterior Design 1.0

Build Quality 1.0

Reliability 1.0

Rating 1.6
  • Options
    zodiac2004zodiac2004 Member Posts: 458
    Whoa there...

My post certainly wasn't intended to buy or sell anything. I was merely making a point about Honda's depreciation.
  • Options
    backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    We are not talking here about 1996 Hyundai compacts that sold new for about $10k. We are talking about a 2006 model mid-sized sedan that is a far cry from those Elantras of the mid-'90s.

However, the figures you posted help reinforce the point about up-front cost and resale value. The difference in value between the 1996 Elantra and 1996 Civic is $1090-1665. Did the Civic initially cost at least $1090-1665 more than the Elantra? Almost certainly it did. Thus the owner of the Elantra would have come out financially better with the Elantra than with the Civic, looking just at resale value.

Another thing: That 2006 Sonata purchased today will still be under factory warranty in 2016, assuming 10k miles per year. :)
  • Options
    jpnewtjpnewt Member Posts: 71
    The point was made in a different post that a 96 Hyundai and a 96 Honda were of the same resale value which I pointed out as incorrect. And your 2006 Hyundai will still have a "powertrain" warranty left. And as proven through history You Will Need It! :(
  • Options
    Actually, history has shown that owners of Honda Accords and Toyota Camrys are more likely to have powertrain problems than are owners of Hyundai Sonatas. Hopefully those problems on the Accord and Camry will occur in the first 5 years and 60k!
  • Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,328
    And your 2006 Hyundai will still have a "powertrain" warranty left. And as proven through history You Will Need It!

Enlighten me how has history proven that?

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options
    Actually, history has shown that owners of Honda Accords and Toyota Camrys are more likely to have powertrain problems than are owners of Hyundai Sonatas.

And what history would that be....

Hyundai press releases don't count as history books.
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    The person doesn't like the car. That's not a reason not to post the review. Owners are entitled to write negative reviews just as much as they are entitled to write positive ones.

You can use the link provided to report the review as offensive, if you'd like. Then someone will check it out and decide if it's appropriate or not.

All I'm telling you is that the reviews are not posted willy-nilly. The kind of thing you mentioned in the post that started this exchange does not happen here to the best of our abilities.
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    And it was inappropriate.
  • Options
    When banks will not finance a Hyundai 2000 or older because it is a BAD risk for the bank then there is you proof. And goes back to my earlier point, initial quality is not my interest it's what happens later and Hyundai has NOT proven they can last on a consistent basis.
  • Options
    Try searching on the following in your favorite search engine (the one that starts with "g" works pretty well):

"Camry sludge"
    "Accord transmission problems"
  • Options
    When banks will not finance a Hyundai 2000 or older because it is a BAD risk for the bank then there is you proof.

And your proof of this is?

BTW I just called my personal banker and they said they would finance a 2000 Hyundai as long as the value per NADA is equal to or greater to the loan and your not in bankruptcy.

And goes back to my earlier point, initial quality is not my interest it's what happens later and Hyundai has NOT proven they can last on a consistent basis.

My 2000 Elantra made it just past 130k before needing anything other than routine maintenice, and then just to replace a sensor. My wife has 90K on her Accent with no problems whatsoever. My daughter has 95K on her Elantra with no problems. I know a few other people with high mileage Hyundais that have had no issues.

On the other hand my sisters Toyota goes to the dealer for warranty work like clockwork. The Son-in-laws Honda has been in twice for warranty work.

Yep I may just stick with Hyundai, I have no complaints.

FWIW I see you haven't given us any history ;)

• Options
    and Hyundai has NOT proven they can last on a consistent basis

Let me rephrase -
    Hyundai has proven they can NOT last on a consistent basis
  • Options
    alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    Please lets not go down this road, now, backy. The Toyota sludge issue has affected less than one half of one percent of the models produced with the 2.2L engine or the 3.0L. Additionally, the sludge prone engines have NOT been produced since the 2001 model year; the 2.2L was axed and the 3.0L modified. The 3.0L is no longer in production as of last month, as well.

Maybe its time to let that go?
    ~alpha
  • Options
    goodegggoodegg Member Posts: 905
    Another one in a thousand testimonial. Now if you could just convince the rest of the world that Hyundai is the best and most reliable automobile in the world, based on your obviously skewed opinion, you could leave that fabulous desk job you're at (probably work for Hyundai)and be the man at Hyundai marketing.

Just get everybody to forget about the Excel - that one didn't count - right?
  • Options
    Sure. Maybe it's time to also let go all the stuff about Hyundais from the '90s, which is before their well-known quality initiative began. And while we are at it, maybe we could stop with making inaccurate generalities, without any basis in fact. That would be nice for a change, don't you think?
  • Options
    Another one in a thousand testimonial.

How many "one in a thousand" testimonials do you want? Say I have a dozen or more "one in a thousand" testimonials to each bad testimonials there are people who will still say its just another "one in a thousand" testimonial. I have talked to many Hyundai owners and I can tell you that far more have good experiences than bad.

based on your obviously skewed opinion

I wouldn't make that statement if I were you.

probably work for Hyundai

Better brush up on your physic ability.

Just get everybody to forget about the Excel

But the Excel hasn't been produced in a long time and the Accent, Elantra et al are not Excels. So am I to say that all Toyotas and Hondas are junk simply because of the cars they sold here in the 60's?

No one has gave credible facts that states that Hyundais are junk.

• Options
    driverdmdriverdm Member Posts: 505
    Then can we also get rid of the grudges against Ford for vehicles before 2003. People bash the Fusion because its a Ford and this and that about its reliability when it has only been out four months. I remember one guy posted he bought one and was happy about it and then someone posted back about how he didn't understand why he'd buy one over a Sonata. Then someone else joined in about how he own Fords with problems and went through decades of issues, NOT ONE in post the millenium. I haven't seen the guy that bought the Fusion on here since, and I can not blame him. When I buy a new car, I don't want someone raining on my parade and telling me my purchase basically didn't make sense.
  • Options
    Additional needed info: The guy that had posted about the decades of bad reliability had whiched to another brand and hadn't owned a Ford since before the millenium.
  • Options
    The best place for someone to talk with other people interested in a particular car, owners and wanna-be owners, without getting lots of contrary opinions, is in the discussions focused on that car model--not in a comparison discussion like this one.
  • Options
    lweisslweiss Member Posts: 342
    To me a big factor in any vehicle purchase is the quality and proximity of the dealer that you are buying it from. And where I live, that gives Ford, Honda, and Toyota a big advantage. We have had a series of Fords (vans, a couple of Tauruses) and the dealer warranty and after warranty service of one dealer (only 6 miles away) has been exemplary- a free car wash, a free/very low cost loaner when you do need service, and other good stuff. And the nearest Hyundai dealer to me is about 15 miles away and I've heard horror stories about them. And please don't tell me that if I buy a Hyundai (or any other make) that I won't ever have to take it to a dealer for service.

A good dealer (and the more the better), can make all the difference. And if you do need service in the boonies somewhere, I would rather have a Ford than any of the Asian or European makes.
  • Options
    backy I respectfully disagree. This is the best place to get people insight on a particular segment of cars. However, once someone has bought it, we need to respect that, congradulate them and leave it at that. They need not take direct comments on their buying purchase and sly remarks. Its called common courtesy. This forum helps a lot of people because of the free flowing of personal opinions on cars but if you criticize those who have already made their purchase and want to tell the board that helped them do so about their purchse and how it is going, than that defeats the purchase. This forum leans in favor of Hyundai quite a bit, but it does it at times by not comparing the virture of Hyundai but by classifying all else as almost "dumb" choices. That again hurts the free flowing of ideas. If the forum shifted to be Toyota favored, when you buy your new Sonata and we blast you like "The Toyota is superior, why did you waste your money" and "Here is my list from post 1995 of all the Hyundai issues I have had, I can't understand why you would buy that. Good luck, you'll need it" Could I blame you if you didn't come back? No. Would it hurt the forum? Yes.
  • Options
    giantkillergiantkiller Member Posts: 273
    I dont believe its that far back. Have you ever read about my 2001 Hyundai Elantra? One of the worst car I've ever owned.
  • Options
    kgibbs29kgibbs29 Member Posts: 7
    What no one seems to consider is all new car companies have growing pains. The latest to market benefit & learn from the mistakes & successes of the priors. It took Toyota & Honda a long while to figure out how to make a car Americans would buy. Taking a cue from their hits/misses, the Hyundai has done it in half the time. And guess what, the Chinese, w/ the Greely or some other brand, will do it quicker than them. If you don't understand the post, I'll explain. Toyota & Honda have built a rep for quality cars during the last 20 yrs. What they produced in the 60's, 70's, & early 80's was basically junk. Hyundai produced junk in the late 80's & 90's, but their offerings after 2000 have been decent cars. 20-25 yrs out, Hyundai will be where Toyota & Honda are now (class leaders). And Toyota & Honda will be where the Big 3 are (trying to recapture the glory, making great cars, but fighting a perception).
  • Options
    After testing driving an Altima, a Camry, an Accord, and a Sonata (all 2006 versions), these are my impressions.

Fit/Finish - Interior: 1 - Accord, 2- Altima & Sonata, 3 - Camry
    Fit/Finish - Exterior: 1 - Accord, Altima, Camry, Sonata
    Acceleration (Horsepower/Torque): 1 - Altima, 2 - Sonata, 3 - Accord, 4 - Camry (Not HP/Torque ratings but the speed & power from the combination)
    Ride: 1 - Camry, 2 - Accord, Sonata, 3 - Altima
    Handling: 1 - Accord, 2 - Altima, Sonata, 3 - Camry
    Braking: 1 - Altima, 2 - Sonata, 3 - Accord, 4 - Camry
    Sound System: 1 - Altima, 2 - Sonata, 3 - Accord, Camry
    Sports Feel: 1 - Altima, 2 - Accord, Sonata, 3 - Camry

Is the Sonata the clear winner in any category? No, but it's near the top in every category I or anyone else will come up with. Is it the best car? No. If money wasn't much of a concern, I would have bought the Altima SE-R (sportiest car of the group). If I was purchasing based upon the absolute best engine: Accord. If I were purchasing based on best resale: Camry. But I purchased on the basis of "most bang for the buck." Which equals Sonata LX.

Most everyone here has virtually built the Sonata. Fully loaded it the current MSRP is $23,945. After approx. $1,000 for dealer installed options (wheel locks, rear lip spoiler, etc.), $1,000 for extended warranty, gap insurance, state taxes (just over $800 in VA), dmv fees, dealership processing fees, etc., my out the door price was $23K. It has everything except the Navigation/DVD System (maybe in a few months).

If you build the Accord, Altima, & Camry with the options the Sonata has you get MSRP's between $31 - $35K. The MSRP's are a little skewed in Hyundai's favor, but it's Honda, Toyota, and Nissan's fault. For example, the Sonata has heated seats. If you get the heated seat option on an Accord, you must also opt to get the Navigation System. So to be fair add $2K (installed price of Navigation System) to my OTD price & the Sonata MSRP. So, I'm OTD for $25K. $6K clear of nearest MSRP & taxes, tag, etc. haven't been added yet.

I'll end stating I don't like Camry's, I really like the Altima SE-R, and I love Accords (Honda's in general really). But if I'm spending mid $30K, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting an Acura TL or someother entry luxury car. If I'm spending mid $20K, Sonata is the pick.

FYI-Yes, you can get Nav or Satellite Radio for your Sonata. Sirius deck is from JVC, XM deck is from Kenwood, or vice-versa. The Nav system is from Esclipse (very nice, much larger screen than in Altima, Accord, or Camry). And one thing I don't like about Sonata (besides selt belt chime) is in the US you can't get dark grey interior. Visit the Korean version of the Hyundai site (I don't read Korean either). But the site is loaded w/ pic's, including dark grey interior (matches upper portion of dash) and close ups of the Nav system.
  • Options
    Pure opinion based on nothing. Lets try, whose gonna blink first, Toyota, Honda or Hyundai? Look at the offerings from Honda and Toyota and you cant help but admire the two car companies. I cant say the same for Toyota dealerships.
  • Options
    Again, all these impression ratings goes to the trash can since you stated it yourself that you dont like Camry's.
  • Options
    Not an opinion based on nothing. I'm basing on the many car reviews I've read, the many cars I've personally sold from 86-93, and discussions I've had over the years w/ those still in the industry. I don't remember the exact numbers (I'll let you or someone else look them up), but the first Accord to "really sell" in the US was I believe an 87 (the one w/ the pop up headlights, maybe an 88). For Toyota it was the 85 or 86 Camry. For Hyundai, it was the 00-01 Sante Fe, the 00-01 Tiburan (whichever year the current version came out) & now the 2006 Sonata.
  • Options
    I agree we should not "beat up" on people who bought a particular car--that is just common courtesy, as you said. But if we all agreed with every statement made here, it would be a very boring discussion.

I also agree that our discussion should be based on facts and on respectful sharing of opinions--not on calling others' opinions and choices "dumb".
  • Options
    Yes, I think I recall your talking about your '01 Elantra. That is too bad that you had such a poor experience with it. I wish you had had as good an experience as I've had with mine--it's been one of the best cars I've ever owned. But with your negative experience, I can understand why you would tend to shy away from Hyundais. That kind of experience can have that effect on a car buyer.
  • Options
    I'll restate. Not that I wouldn't buy a Camry, I owned a 91. But I prefer a more "sporty" ride (that's just me). And IMO, the Camry doesn't have the suspension & handling of the Accord, the Altima, or the Sonata. Even Toyota knows this, read any review on the 2007 & the raves are for the increased sportiness of the ride & steering. I think the 07 is a sweet looking ride, but my impressions were based on all 06's. And I stand by my impressions.

To show I'm not really completely biased one way or another: I've sold Hondas, Toyotas, Acuras, and Lexus. (Don't sell cars anymore). The wife & I have owned (in order of purchase/lease) 89 Hyundai Excel GLS (my very first car), 91 Honda Prelude SH, 92 Acura Vigor GS, 94 Honda Civic EX, 96 Acura Integra GS, 00 Honda Accord EX, 01 Nissan Sentra SE, , 03 Nissan Pathfinder LS, and now a 06 Hyundai Sonata LX. This does not include the many cars I was privy to drive as a salesman, such as the NSX. My absolute favorite is the Vigor, 175 hp straight 5 w/ 5-speed manual transmission. I've driven just about everything & I can honestly say w/ no reservations, the 06 Sonata is a dang nice ride.

Cars I really hate, just about everything from Germany. I can't stand all the brake dust ruining my wheels.
  • Options
    ctalkctalk Member Posts: 646
    Again, all these impression ratings goes to the trash can since you stated it yourself that you dont like Camry's.

Those are his opinions on the car. If he doesn't like it, that's fine. There is no right or wrong, that's why it's called an opinion.
  • Options
    kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    Correct on the bland Camry up until now.. The new reviews indicate that for the majority of drivers the '07 Camry should be far sportier than any previous version. Along with the over-the-top 268 hp engine the V6 SE should be something else to drive if that's your hot button.
  • Options
    Saying Hondas and Toyotas from the 70s and 80s were junk just invalidates everything else you have to say.

And you hate German cars?! Don't like an E90 or an M3 or M5 eh? I don't like em either. I LOVE em. Just can't afford one.

All the cars compared here are good. It comes down to price in my eyes. I happen to feel the extra dough for the Accord is worth it, even tho the car needs a restyle bad.
  • Options
    Better brush up on your physic ability

Brush up on my what? I didn't take physics in high school or college. Went the accounting, finance, CPA route with a minor in barroom olympics.

And my Acura/Honda bias has been exposed, as has yours for Hyundai.
  • Options
    And my Acura/Honda bias has been exposed, as has yours for Hyundai.

At least my opinion is based on some facts, what is yours based on?

That being said I really don't think I am biased towards anything, I try to keep an open mind on these things. If someone went around saying car 'X' is crap, when everything I see contradicts that I will call them on it. I don't think its a case of being biased but being fair.

• Options
    ustazzafustazzaf Member Posts: 311
    First of all, I have been a mechanic since about 88 when the Hyundais came to America. I have to say that they have came a long way in under 20 years. However, seeing the maintenance required, I would still not own one. It is good if you are a mechanic, but not if you are an owner.
    And if you do need service in the boonies somewhere, I would rather have a Ford than any of the Asian or European makes.

You are right with that. I grew up in the "boonies" and if you didn't have a big 3 vehicle, you waited for parts. And waited. And waited. Fortunately, if you are driving a Asian car these days, the chances of needing repairs are so much less than the big 3 that it doesn't matter anymore. But, even more than before, the big 3 break down so much that parts are readily available in Hickville.
  • Options
    I dont care what he likes or not what I'm concern is why did he bother to rate the Camry if he didnt like it in the first place? Whats the point?
  • Options
    I am curious what the extra maintenance on Hyundais, specifically the '06 Sonata, is that turns you off from owning one. Is there really a lot more service required on a Sonata than, say, an Accord, Camry, or Fusion?

If I didn't have several Hyundai dealers in my area, including one just a few miles from my home, I wouldn't think of buying a Sonata. But that goes for any car, not just Hyundai. Honda, Toyota, and Ford all have more dealers in my area than Hyundai, but there's enough Hyundai dealers close to me (5 within 25 miles) to provide competition on pricing and convenient service. I agree those are important considerations. Although not all important--otherwise I'd have to buy a Fusion, since there's a Ford dealer less than a mile from my home.
  • Options
    ctalkctalk Member Posts: 646
    To see if the current generation Camry can change his mind?

I really don't see what's so pointless. I didn't like the Sonata (or Hyundai's in general) at the start, but I decided to take a test drive and found out I do like it. If you only test drive the vehicles or brands you like, it limits your choices.

I'll restate. Not that I wouldn't buy a Camry, I owned a 91. But I prefer a more "sporty" ride (that's just me). And IMO, the Camry doesn't have the suspension & handling of the Accord, the Altima, or the Sonata. - He prefers better handling.

Who knows, the next generation Camry may change his mind. But if he limits his choice, he may never know.
  • Options
    ustazzafustazzaf Member Posts: 311
    I have not seen a 06 Hyundai (I left the field in May 05). I am going with info up until that point. I have just noticed that in general, Toyotas and Hondas come in for preventative maintenance, while every other vehicle on the road comes in for repairs. It may be that the cheaper vehicles are owned by people that are more likely to go to Sears or Firestone (God help them) than the dealer for repairs. But the Toys and Hondas are in for tires and oil changes vs the others for major repairs. I was primarily doing alignments and brakes. There are 3 major adjustments. Most vehicles leave the manufacture out of specs with no way to adjust them. My Tundra was dead on at 60K with no adjustments ever done, but all angles were adjustable if needed. That is an example of what I saw on a daily basis. Take the Fords. You could bring a Ford in with 60K and know that it needed a tierod end if not previously replaced. This was dangerous parts, not "pad my pocket" parts. I grabbed one tierod with my hand and pulled it apart at 65K. Do you think that was safe? No! Ford knew they had a problem but didn't care. Chrysler had a inner tierod on a few of their cars that repeatedly failed in the 60K area to the point that mechanics would avoid the cars. It was a nightmare to replace, but failed without fail at about 60K. I am not going to say that Hyundais are worse than Ford, but everyone in my shop will agree that the Toyotas and Hondas come in for preventative maintenance and the others come in for repairs.
  • Options
    Fortunately, if you are driving a Asian car these days, the chances of needing repairs are so much less than the big 3 that it doesn't matter anymore. But, even more than before, the big 3 break down so much that parts are readily available in Hickville.

That is statistically not true. The JD Powers reports show that quality amongst the domestic and foreign auto manufacturers is not significantly that different. Remember also that the Chevy Malibu was the most reliable car last year with fewer problems per hundred cars than the Toyota Camry.
  • Options
    cxccxc Member Posts: 122
    Addition to your point:

Founded in 1987, Automotive Information Systems (AIS), headquartered in St. Paul, MN, is the nation's largest and most comprehensive source of automotive repair knowledge regarding vehicle parts that break, model lines affected, and how best to make repairs. The large numbers of calls fielded and computer-collated by AIS, coupled with the company's unique and considerable technical expertise, makes possible sophisticated statistical analysis. That, in turn, enables the company to accurately evaluate the reliability of vehicle models and pinpoint repair problems. The AIS’ reliability ratings for used Accord. Camry, Taurus, and Sonata are as follows.

1998 – 2002 Accord has significant problems with transmission/driveline and moderate problems with engines.
    1998 – 2002 Camry has significant problems with engine.
    1998 – 2002 Ford Taurus has moderate problems with engines and moderate problems with accessories.
    1998 – 2001 Sonata has moderate problems with engines while 2002 Sonata has an excellent record.

This is a good indication how reliable a car is after warranty expires. Before warranty expires, the malfunction of a car is manufacture’s problem. After that, it is owner’s problem.
  • Options
    I am not going to say that Hyundais are worse than Ford, but everyone in my shop will agree that the Toyotas and Hondas come in for preventative maintenance and the others come in for repairs.

From my personal observation most Toyota and Honda (more so for Honda) owners will return to the dealer for anything other than oil changes or tires. Anything remotely major will require a trip to the dealer. But drivers of GM, Ford and the like will only go to the dealer for warranty work.

My mechanic also told me he sees less major work for Honda, but he also confirmed that their owners are far more likely to return to the dealer. He also told me that the myth of toyota and Honda being any better is just that, a myth.

• Options
    The behavior you talked about--Toyotas and Hondas coming in for regular maintenance and others coming in for repairs--says a lot to me about owner attitudes towards their cars. It also may help explain why Hyundai (and Kia) went with their long warranty program a few years ago. If owners know that warranty claims could be disallowed by lack of routine maintenance, I think it's more likely that they will bring the car in for maintenance. And that should result in fewer problems in the long run, improving the overall reliability picture for the cars.

Personally, I've treated my Hyundais just as well as I treated my Hondas and Toyotas, including regular maintenance. And all of them gave me good service.
  • Options
    I'm glad your "Personal Banker" will finance a Hyundai that is 2000 or older now try calling a dealership and ask if any major bank in the auto lending service will do it. I've done the research and it will not happen. ;)
  • Options
    kgibb please be more informed when speaking about pricing. Everyone but you apparantly knows that you don't have to order Navi to get heated seats in a Accord. No wonder we have people stating they can buy a Sonata for $8,000.00 less. Next it will be $10K or 12K.
  • Options
    travlertravler Member Posts: 138
    Not only is a Hyundai pratically worthless in 10 years, you probably won't find one that's still running. Do people really keep a Hyundai that long? Anyone out there that will speak up? I know the Sonata hasen't been out that long, but how about other models? Anyone.....?

Why would anyone want to risk purchasing a vehicle that may or may not approach the resale value of others in its class?
  • Options
    cxccxc Member Posts: 122
    The argument that some cars discussed here have a better resale value in the future is based on the assumption that the auto market for coming five or ten years will remain the same as that for the past five or ten years - the world is static. Unfortunately, this is not a good assumption. Who could image three years ago that GM and Ford are in red now? Who would take Hyundai seriously three years ago? Who could image three years ago that we are now debating which is a better car, 2006 Sonata, 2006 Accord, 2006 Fusion, or 2006 Camry? Who could image three years ago that most car buyers check Edmunds.com today before making purchases? Who could image three years ago 80% components of our smart bombs are made in China according to CNN? Who could image three year ago bullet-proof vests for British soldiers in Iraqi are made in China? In addition, there is a wild card in next five years – China; Toyota, BMW, MB, Honda, Hyundai, VW, GM, Ford, ... all have production lines in China. Chinese will learn how to make excellent cars very quickly through joint ventures. By the time Wal-Mart sells cars made in China, the resale value of today’s cars will be very bad no matter what brands are. Change happened in the past, change is happening now, change will happen in the future, and change has been and will be accelerated by Internet. It is better to buy the most car at the least cost today than to bet on realizing your saving in five years based on the uncertain future.
  • Options
    stockmanjoestockmanjoe Member Posts: 353
    Finally got a great conversation going I was getting worried at how borng this thread had become.

The Camry has got to be he most boring car on the road. (Yes the 2007 is a bit of an improvement but it is still an old blue haired lady's Camry) My brother's in-laws (well into ther 70's) are retired and drive all over the country in there Camry and in my mind that's who Camry's are for. I think even "Buicks" are cooler than Camry's. Also don't forget the sludge problems they had with their engines.

The Accord is no doubt sporty and alot more hip. The 2006 has more power and better economy but they are way over priced. I was going to buy one until I found the Sonata 2006.

The Sonata is the best value on the road today. It has the best safety features side six air bags, ABS, ESC disc back brakes. It handles far better than either the Camry or Acccord especially at high speed. I don't know why the comment was made they don't have the capacity to make enough them the new plant in Alabama and Asan Korea (if necessary) can produce up to a 1,000,000 of the in a year so no prob there.

Obviously Hyundai won't be the number one car selling in the next two years it will take time but they will get there.
This discussion has been closed.