Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Ram Quad Cab

Comments

• jkulp42757jkulp42757 Member Posts: 83
    Ya, I'm not much of an audiophile either.

I do not like the idea of cutting off the protective cover...it's got to be there for a reason right?
  • peppe1peppe1 Member Posts: 54
    I do not know of any one having this done and I will not do it to mine because my speakers seem to be fine. Just happened onto the TSB. I think the door panel is pushing the screen in some so the speaker cone can touch the screen and you are right about cutting the screen off it may be not be a good idea in the long run. I think the screen is there to keep dirt from going trough the door panel openings and coming in contact with the speaker cone and you
  • sar4sar4 Member Posts: 4
    I've been unable to get a straight answer from any dealership as to why the trailer towing ratings between the manual (4450 lbs) and automatic (6400 lbs) are so different. Two dealerships had no clue and a third one said that the manual is just not strong enough (when compared to the auto). Dodge describes the 5-spd manual as "heavy duty". I'm looking at QC 4.7L, 3.55, 4x2. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    sar4, the third dealer is right.

The manual used in the 1500 is NOT a heavy duty unit, nor is one available. The heavy duty manuals are used in the 2500 and 3500. In most cases, the automatic is the stronger tow in 1/2-tons, while the manual is the better dragger in 3/4 and 1-tons.

kcram

Host

Smart Shopper and FWI Message Boards

• shadowfax1shadowfax1 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a slightly used 2002 1500 Quad cab, 2000 miles,I feel like the salesman might have mis lead, partially due to my own ignorance, he in passing said it had a 3.91 ratio, I ask him about gas mileage, he said not an issue should get the same as the lower ones 3.54 or 3.51. How bad will the mileage be with that high of a ratio, thanks in advance.
  • satyr66satyr66 Member Posts: 11
    The difference will be about 200 rpm in overdrive while crusing. I got the 3:92's in mine with the tall 275/70/17 A/T tires, and I'm glad I got the extra gearing. It says in lock-up alot longer because the gears are there.

The difference in mileage will be negligible at best.
    Check out pictures and info !!

http://www.investmentforum.net/ram.html

Let us know what you think.

• themanxthemanx Member Posts: 110
    Looks just like mine! I have a black 02 with the 20's.. I ordered mine with a few other goodies
    in it.

I am interested in that cold air induction. My boss just put one in his Suburban.

stan
  • scottphillipscottphillip Member Posts: 249
    It looks good in black. Mine is silver with 20's, but non-sport.
  • Jason5Jason5 Member Posts: 440
    Good to be back--didn't have much to contribute so I haven't. Couple things now. In response the the HEMI gas mileage question, I re-read the press kit and it states that a 2 MPG increase is expected over the "engine it replaces". In my mind that's the 5.9 rated at 11 city. I guess 13 for the HEMI in town isn't so bad. The questions being raised about HP output relative to RPM seems a bit ridiculous (much like Consumer Reports recent review of the Quad Cab--stick to toasters guys..).
    Due to some back problems I swapped my rental Stratus for a rental Quad Cab on a recent trip. It was an SLT, 4.7/automatic, 2WD with about 8K on it. I rented it in Florida. Running back and forth to the beach with A/C on and hitting 65-70MPH it returned 17-19MPG consistently which pleased me. Overall mileage during the mix of city/"highway" was about 15. I was quite pleased with that. I still vacillate about the value of/need for 4WD vs. 2WD. While I do reside in the northeast and it would enhance resale value, there's no denying the amount of options you can buy for the difference in 2 and 4WD... Ah well...more to ponder..
  • dustykdustyk Member Posts: 2,926
    While in Saranac Lake, NY last week I talked to a gentleman with a dark green '94 RAM, V6 automatic that had 251,000 miles. There were some serious dings and scratches in the body, but the truck looked pretty good for the miles. It had some rust along the bottom of the driver's door and the top of the tailgate. He said it didn't use a drop of oil. Because of the miles I asked about repairs. He rattled off what I remember to be fairly average stuff for any high mileage vehicle (u-joints, battery, belts, 1 radiator). The only "serious' repair he had was replacement of the intake manifold gaskets. He also added that the water pump and power steering pump had been replaced along the way, and ball joints and A-arm bushings about two years ago. But, original transmission and it had never been touched except for filter and fluid changes.

Dusty
  • jneffjneff Member Posts: 9
    I have a 2002 Ram 1500 with 15000 miles on it. I have noticed a squeaking noise in the suspension at around 30-40mph. I can not tell exactly where it comes from. Do you think the dealer will be able to help. Other than that the truck is perfect. Any pointers would be helpful.
  • rudedog1rudedog1 Member Posts: 7
    I have an 02 Quad Cab and have noticed that the box is not centered with the cab. Has anyone else noticed this? and is the box able to be moved over. The truck is brand new. No accidents. Look down the side from the front and see if the box lines up with cab the same way on both sides.
    Yes they are not aligned properly however it seems to be the same on most of the trucks that I looked at at the dealer. It looks like the box should be moved to the passenger side a little.
    I would not worry about it because sometimes it is better to leave things alone, however there are only four bolts(SWB) that hold it to the frame. The service manual is misprinted on the page that tells you the gap measurements for that area of the truck!!
    Maybe it was misprinted on purpose!!
    Well, since my wife was willing to stop at the local Dodge dealer (she and my daughter were in the mini-van row. I wonder what that was all about!) after dinner, I did look at the RAMs cab-to-box alignment.

Of the 11 they had on the lot I'm not sure that I was seeing any misalignment. And I do have a pretty good eye for such things. If I'd had a straight edge it would've been fairly easy to tell. There might have been a very, very slight bias on a couple, but if so they were sure awfully close to being on the money.

There was a used 2002 Explorer 4-door pick-up there that I thought had way too wide of a gap between the cab and box, although it appeared even on both sides. Maybe that's the way they're supposed to be.

It looks like RAM Quad Cabs are begining to be less plentiful then they were earlier in the year.

I might be holding off until next spring since I can't seem to find one with just the right equipment. And anyways, I'd like to put a little more down. RAM stock around here is starting to dwindle and when the inventory is high dealers are more apt to deal without having to hold one of their family members hostage.

The local paper had an article some weeks back that said Dodge trucks were 27% ahead of last years sales in Western New York state. Ford was down about 9% but GM was off by 35%. Toyota was up slightly.

I might give the Dakota Quad another look, too.

Dusty
    On My 02QC 4.7L 2wd auto It appears that the cab is wider than the box so if the box was to be centered it would in a little in on each side instead of only on the passengers side.
    The manual states a cab to box on a Quad Cab to be over flush 5.0 mm+/- 2.5mm. The manual has the wrong headings but the right measurements(pg. 23-94).
  • edskeeedskee Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering if anyone had any info or could suggest a website to read up on child safety issues in a regular cab Ram 1500. We're looking at buying one, and my wife is convinced that putting a child seat in the front seat of any vehicle is a death sentence in an accident. My thought is that since the passenger airbag is deactivate-able, and it's a huge truck compared to most other vehicles on the road, a child seat in the front of a regular cab ram would be no less safe then in the back seat of a crew cab ram. I dont care for the looks of the crew cab rams... wish they made an extended cab 1500... but they dont... so I'm leaning towards the regular cab. She seems hell-bent on "front seat bad back seat good" and in a car, I can see that reasoning reasonably well, but in a truck like this with such excellent safety features...

Anyway... can anyone point me in the right direction for doing some real research on this issue?
    At the risk of overstating the physics of this issue, I think you'll find that the closer a passenger is to the center of the vehicle mass the better. This should apply to any vehicle but more aptly with convention cab pick up trucks since it just happens to be so in this case.

The admonition against putting small children in the front seat of a vehicle is mostly derived from the concerns over the air bag, which is probably as dangerous, if not more so, to such a passenger.

In my opinion one of the best vehicles to safely transport a small child, if you couldn't afford to drive around in a retired M-34 Sherman, is a conventional cab pick up.

In reality the placement of the passenger in any vehicle is problematic. The most repeated recommendation for children is to place them in the rear seat of a two-seat vehicle. This is based on the statistical assumption that the vehicle they are in will more likely be involved in a head-on or side-impact collision. However, when the vehicle is rear-ended the injury and death rate goes up for children significantly.

It's just like wearing a seat belt. In some instances the wearing of the belt will cause death. But since none of us will ever know what type of accident will occur the safety experts base their recommendations on statistical data.

Dusty
  • emaleemale Member Posts: 1,380
    anyone here see the latest consumer reports? they tested an avalanche, supercrew and quad cab. they totally trashed the quad...ranking it lower than the ford or chevy. do you think they compared apples to oranges? ie...they should have tested the quad against other makers supercabs?

anyhoo, imo, they were overly harsh. i've only driven one quad and while i was admittedly underwhelmed with the experience...i didn't find it nearly as bad as CR did. so, what do you think...does CR have a bias against anything chrysler? sure seems that way after reading there reviews about cars and trucks.
    My 2002 Dodge Ram Quad Died on me.

I was pulling into the driveway, backing up in reverse and it just died. It started right back up though. It hasn't done this before, I have about 1800 miles and the 4.7L engine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    I wouldn't rely to much on Consumer Reports.

All the other mags I have seen reviews in put the Quad Cab well ahead of the SuperCrew, and ahead of the Avalanche in most.

These are also REAL truck magazines. Not dishwasher rating magazines!!!

Tip to Consumer Reports: Stick to appliances.
    Below is the text of the Consumer Reports review.

It appears they planned on driving a Bentley...I cannot believe how negative this review is.

They are clearly trying to grade a TRUCK on the same level as a LUXURY CAR. YOU CANNOT DO THAT!!!

ConsumerReports.org - Dodge Ram Review

Highs: Bed size, frontal-offset crash-test result.

Lows: Ride, noise, access, rear seat, fuel economy.

Body style: Regular cab; crew cab

Drive wheels: Rear or part-time 4WD

Trim lines: ST, SLT, SLT Plus

Engines & transmissions: 3.7-liter V6 (215 hp), 4.7-liter V8 (240 hp), 5.9-liter V8 (245 hp); 5-speed man., 4-speed auto.

Base price range: $17,620 to $34,345

Tested: SLT crew cab 4WD, 4.7-liter V8, 4-speed automatic

While the new Ram is better than the old one, it breaks no new ground. By contemporary standards it has a punishing ride, noisy cabin, and tight rear seat. It’s tough to climb in or out, and the V8 gulps fuel without delivering much performance. Its 75-inch bed length, however, is about 9 inches longer than the F-150’s and 14 inches longer than the Avalanche’s (with the midgate closed).

THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE

The Ram rides stiffly and busily on just about all roads. The rear hops sideways on sharp bumps. Rough roads constantly jolt the occupants, and the cabin suffers from wind and road noise.

On the whole, handling is clumsy. The steering feels quick at first but then becomes vague and light. The Ram proved ungainly but secure enough when pushed to its cornering limits. Its sheer bulk made the truck hard to coax through our avoidance-maneuver course.

The 240-hp, 4.7-liter V8 was easily the slowest and thirstiest of the group, with a wretched 12 mpg overall on regular fuel. The four-speed automatic shifts smoothly. The 4WD system is part-time only. The Ram performed competently on our off-road and rock-hill courses, and took 24.7 seconds to pull a 6,150-pound trailer to 60 mph--slowest of the group. Braking performance was no more than adequate, with long stops on wet pavement.

INSIDE THE CABIN

The Ram is so tall that even our taller testers had a hard time seeing over the hood. Furnishings are hard plastics, some of which feel flimsy. The front seats are very large and reasonably supportive. The rear is wide enough for three adults, but the seats are uncomfortable and leg room is tight.

OUT OF SIGHT The two small storage compartments beneath the lower cushion of the Ram’s rear seat provide a place to conceal valuables. We found the rear seat too tight and upright to be comfortable, and it lacks head restraints.

The gauges can be hard to read at dusk, and audio and climate controls are a long reach for some. The climate-control system lacks ducts for the rear. Many pockets, trays, and bins offer ample cabin storage. The front has two sturdy and versatile cup holders; the rear has a simpler pair. You can fold the rear-seat cushion up against the back, creating a cargo space with an uneven, stepped floor. Payload capacity is 1,350 pounds.

SAFETY AND RELIABILITY

Available options include side-curtain air bags ($490), ABS ($495), and adjustable pedals ($120). The front has two head restraints that are sufficiently tall even when lowered. The center seats lack head restraints.

Driving with kids: Infant seats may need extra padding to install correctly, and rear-facing convertible seats can be difficult to secure. Front-facing seats should secure easily. Strap routing for a top tether can be confusing. LATCH anchors will be required on vehicles built after Sept. 1, 2002.

Reliability: Our Ram had two minor sample defects. This model is too new to predict reliability.

Again, I cannot believe this review...it's crazy in my mind. I think my Ram rides nice, handling is good, and it's really not noisy at highway speeds. What was Consumer Reports thinking??
  • 02ramman02ramman Member Posts: 62
    Get used to the dying! I have a 02 QC with 4.7L/auto. Started idling rough the day i got it. two months later it died just like you had stated, after putting it in reverse. One month after that it died on me in stop and go traffic. Couple weeks later it "revved up" to about 1,000 RPM at a stoplight and lurched forward. Took it in and they replaced the tranny fluid and filter and flashed the PCM. This fixed the dying....for a few months. It revved up again about ten days ago. took it in again and they could not duplicate. (it has 11,800 miles on it and the revving has only happened twice). the very next morning i pulled off the highway and was waiting at a stoplight and it died again. I now have a Chrysler "copilot" hooked up to it to see if they can find out what is going wrong. I posted a few messages awhile back and I have found all sorts of problems reported by owners on the web about the 4.7l and rough idling in rams, dakotas and grand cherokees. Mine is the only one I know that has revved up, but you are the third that has reported dying. My service department has told me Chrysler is aware of the problem and have no fix and to tell people this is normal until they figure it out. Please go report this to your service department and see if we can get chrysler to speed up the fix! i like my new dodge but I'm close to getting rid of it! Wish I had my 96 ram back!!!
    Steve
    Emale--Don't get me started about Consumer Reports. It not only compares apples to oranges, but reveals their unmitigated bias toward Chrysler products. Isn't it curious how their rankings are the polar opposites of all others. Enough said.
    I went on the market for a 2002 Quad Cab. In Pennsylvania their offering 0.0% financing for 60 months or 2000 cash back. I got an OK offer on the Quad Cab but a poor trade in offer. So I'm dickering. Unfortunately I went to another Dodge dealer and they had a 2003 Quad Cab (the dealer was closed). They went to a 5 speed automatic with the 4.7 for 2003. It's one mpg better on city and highway. DAMMIT! I'd prefer the 5 speed auto. Oh well.. keep me informed. Anyone else in the market for a leftover 2002, what kind of deals are you seeing?
    hey jason,

did you get the trep in the breakup? was that what you were trading in? anyhoo, yeah it is "interesting" how every other road test of the quad has been mostly favorable - and then comes CR. anyhoo, don't sweat the 5 speed in the '03s. it is the same tranny as that in the '02s only it eeks out one more overdrive ratio for slightly better highway economy. in all other respects it's the same as the so-called multi-speed tranny in the '02s (of course i'm talking about the tranny behind the 3.7l and 4.7l engines only, not the 5.9l)

i'm gonna test drive a new hemi when they show up. i'm not sure it'll be enough to sway me back to dodge but i'll give er a whirl and see what happens. good luck!!
    Emale--I hear you. However, I'm one of those fans of innovation. So, now that I know the 5 sp exists, I want it. Hell--in my estimation the Ram shouldn't have been released without a 5 speed automatic and a reworked version of the 4.7 putting out 260hp/325lb. ft. on regular gas. But I'm a dreamer that way! The dealership left me a message after I left offering $500 more on the trade but they left it at the office so I just received it. If they come up another $1000--I'll consider it. I'm going to honor my "indifference" and see where it gets me. The only thing "special" about this deal is the financing. Be well!
    I updated the low quality pictures I had posted, and also added some new pictures showing the accessories I added.

http://www.investmentforum.net/ram.html

You should get the rear wheelwell sheilds from the parts department #82207367 for $89.00.
    What do the rear wheelwell shields do? Are they for looks or protection? or both?

Are they $89 each or per pair?

Thanks
    They are for protection and looks and that is the price for the set. Go to www.4adodge.com then to owner tools for accessories. I put them on my 01(standard on 01 4x4) So I got them for my 02 (extra for all models)also. They keep the stones and dirt out of the bed fenders, in the long term they will help prevent the rust that most trucks get on the rear side panels in front and behind the wheels. Plus they finish off the rear of the truck. Your truck has a small shield only behind the rear wheels. But make sure you clean the inside of the fenders real well before you install them(all hardware included)however you need a torx T-25 screwdriver to remove the factory shields and put these on.
  • brnzbkbrnzbk Member Posts: 33
    I just turned 6000 miles on my '02 Quad Cab and I'm trying to decide if I should start using synthetic oil. I have the 4.7L, 3:55 locking, 4WD, and the tow package. My towing is light, ~2000 lbs, but I'm trying to find info on the long term benefits of synthetic fluids. I will change my own oil if I go to syn and probably increase the duration to 5000 miles. Is this the right direction? Your comments will be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
  • bc01clsbc01cls Member Posts: 44
    brnzbk...............I also have an 02 QuadCab 4.7, 3:55 but with 2WD. I waited to switch to Mobil 1 until 9200 miles (now have 9750 mi). I did this since our engines take a while to break in and I didn't want any low friction oil interfering with rings seating etc.. I tow as well and under "severe" conditions is where the synthetic really shines since it is supposedly good (and clean) to 400 degrees. I have never used Mobil 1 before but have many friends who swear by it, especially over the long haul. Hope they're right since it is twice the cost. Regarding intervals I'll go by my 3,500 mile rule as a "general" but will check color on the dipstick to see how well this oil stays clean. Perhaps I can get 5,000 miles between changes but I'm new to this as well and will keep a close eye on the color. By the way I think a bonus from using this stuff is that your gas mileage may increase slightly. Hope this helps.
  • bluegrass1bluegrass1 Member Posts: 50
    My ABS and Brake Lights in my dash came on while driving. I drove another 200 miles or so to get home and didnt notice any problems. My truck is a 1999 Dodge diesel 2500 with towing pkg. I was towing a 28ft 5th wheel at the time.
    FG
  • eharri3eharri3 Member Posts: 640
    Kind of whimsical, but Ive been wondering about this for awhile and I saw another Ram that remidned me of it today. Why on god's earth would a manufacturer create a bug, bulging, big-rig-inspired,testosterone oozing macho-mobile like the Ram and then offer it in pink?>
    Well, I don't see pink listed in the Dodge truck brochure.

Anyway, ugly or not RAM sales in the month of August 2002 were 44% above the same month in 2001, while Ford was up 4.7% and GM was up 6.8%.

RAM is up 13.7% YTD, while Ford is down 4% and GM is down 1.7%.

Dusty
  • sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    Am I the only one here that's driven one of the new 1-tons? Awesome is the only word. They had a couple 3/4 tons with 5.7L Hemi's as well but I was in a bit of a hurry. Might go back to drive one this weekend. I think I'm going to wait until spring to replace my current diesel.

BTW, someone was mentioning high mileage rams a few posts back. My uncle went looking for a cheaper pickup just to use for local hauling and came across a '97 2wd Reg. Cab 5.9L with 295,000 miles. It has all the papers and the guy was very maticulous about maintenance and taking care of the truck. It honestly looks new except for some stone chips here and there. He had the following repairs: starter 155K, water-pump 190K, fuel pump 210K, rebuilt tranny 250K. The guy bought an identical truck, but an '02 model. My uncle decided to buy the truck because it was so nice even though he was shopping for a beater. I also checked out a '98 1-ton cummins box truck with 580K miles. Cummins was rebuilt at 400K but that was the only thing listed on the auction sticker. Looked like it had 580K miles but really wasn't too bad. I thought about buying it to haul hay, but it was too hot and the auction was going way to slow:)
    Two fellows from work who have decided to buy the Dodge RAM told me yesterday that they've yet to see a 2003 around here (Rochester, NY). In fact, RAM selection has been less than good since May. My local dealer had a lot of Quads in the begining, but by April they were about half-and-half Quads and conventional cabs. Now Quad inventory is way, way down and its been that way for awhile.

Dusty
    dealeship where in live (south dakota) has been getting a slow-steady stream of '03 quad cabs in...but so far the heavies have only been equipped with the cummins. he also only has a few '02s left. there has definitely been an
    upswing in ram sales in the past month or so based just on his inventory...
    I have seen several pink Rams, no lie. Not the 2002 or later model but the earlier 93-2001 model. In fact one had 'It's raining men' blaring from the radio.
    .....was spotted at Marina Dodge in Webster, New York today. This was a white 2500 4x4 Quad with the diesel engine and an eight-foot box.

Gee, that thing was long!

Dusty
  • jasonrupjasonrup Member Posts: 13
    There seems to be a considerable amount of confusion with the available/future engines in the Dodge Ram. Here's a brief overview. The last generation of Rams were available with the last generation of Chrysler Magnum engines, namely the 3.9L V6 (175HP), 5.2L V8 (230HP)(318Ci), 5.9L V8 (245HP) (360Ci), 8.0L V10 (488Ci). ALL of these motors are completely OUTDATED, overpolluting, and underpowered relative to the competition. They are slowly being phased out and replaced by the new generation of Magnum and Magnum-HEMI motors. In their places are the 3.7L V6 (210HP), 4.7L V8 (235HP), 4.7L HO V8 (265HP), 5.7L V8 (345HP). As of right now, the 3.9L V6 and 5.2L V8 are history, the 5.9L is still available in the Ram 1500 through the first quarter of 2003. The 5.7L HEMI will debut in the Ram 1500 OffRoad edition in January and will be phased into the rest of the lineup as the 5.9L is phased out. The 4.7L HO will not be available in the Rams for at least another year. The 5.7L will also be the base motor in the 2500/3500HD models along with the 5.9L Cummins/Cummins HO Diesels and the carryover 8.0L V10. As for the V10 there are three possible scenarios, 1) they keep it as is and slowly phase it out; 2) they upgrade to the new 8.3L version as found in the 2003 Viper; 3) they drop it and replace it with the rumoured (and much more powerful) 6.1L HEMI (based on the 5.7L design).

This new generation of motors will have a number of versions as they will show up in the next generation of LH models codenamed LX (ie: 300M, Intrepid, Concorde - renamed the New Yorker). These cars will be available with the 3.5L V6, 4.7L V8 and in some instances the 5.7L HEMI (ie: the new 300M). These cars will be rear drive and will have some Mercedes parts incl. transmissions, stability aids, electronics...

As an aside: the old generation of Magnum engines (3.9L/5.2L/5.9L) will still be offered on the Dodge Ram Vans and Wagons until the vehicles are eliminated sometime next year; the old 3.9L V6 and 5.9L V8 will still be offered on the Dakota until it's redesign in a year or so.
    Although not specific to the RAM, or Dodge for that matter, the link below will take you to a chart that lists the chang over dates for the various North American assembly plants.

http://www.autonews.com/files/prodchangeover.pdf

Dusty

I think you may mean a "rich purple", not pink. Rams were offered in Amethyst a couple of years ago. If the sun hits them just right, they might look pink or lavender.

kcram
    Host
    Though that color must kill a half ton pickup at trade in time.
    actually, the amethyst was a great colour...and it never once looked pink to me no matter if i saw it on a 300m or ram...
    Okay. I think I know the color now. I don't remember ever seeing this color on a RAM, but there are a couple of Dakota's around here in that color. They're both owned by ladies.

From a product marketing standpoint, it probably doesn't hurt to increase the market appeal to women since they do buy a fair amount of automobiles, including trucks. Actually, I know two other ladies that have commented positively on that color. And now that I think about it, of the women that I know or know of that own trucks, half (6) are driving Dakotas!

Dusty
  • cdevries1cdevries1 Member Posts: 1
    I OWN A 2500 RAM WITH QUAD CAB 8FT BED AUTO TRANS 360 ENGINE AND 410 GEARS. IT HAS 800 MILES. SINCE DAY ONE IT MADE A VIBRATING NOISE AND THE FLOOR EVEN VIBRATES FROM 60 MPH ON UP. THE SVC MGR AT THE DEALER SAID THIS IS NORMAL FOR A 2500. HE ALSO SAID IF I HAD 355 GEARS IT WOULD NOT START DOING IT UNTIL 70 MPH. HE CALLED IT A DRONE NOISE. I CANNOT FIND ANY 2500 OWNERS WITH THE SAME TRUCK FROM A DIFFERENT YEAR WITH THIS PROBLEM. BY THE WAY MY TRUCK IS A 2002. PERSONALLY, I THINK IT IS COMING FROM THE DRIVE SHAFT. I GUESS I AM GOING TO HAVE TO CALL DODGE DIRECT. I AM OBVIOUSLY NOT GOING TO JUST LIVE WITH THIS. IF ANYONE KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT IS CAUSING THIS DRONE OR WHO TO CALL TO GET DODGE TO FIX THIS I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. THANKS.
  • sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    have you tried rotating the tires. Possibly a bad tire right from the start. I bought a Tacoma once that had 3 out of 4 brand new tires that were bad. They wobbled on the machine if you watched it, but they would balance fine otherwise. But it's more likely only one tire so rotating might help you figure out which one it is. If your truck came with the Goodyear RT/S it's very likely a tire problem, as I've not had much luck with those on any vehicle (that was what was on the Tacoma).
    ............I could make on a 2003 RAM Quad 2WD?

The total factory invoice price is $28,985.

This would be a cash deal, no trade.

Thanks in advance,
    Dusty
    Dusty, shoot for a few hundred over. Dodge is increasing production on Rams for 2003, and they'll want to keep product moving.

kcram

Host

This discussion has been closed.