Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Entourage 2007+

Comments

• player4player4 Member Posts: 362
    The 2007 Hyundai Entourage is set to debut at the 2006 Chicago Auto Show.

CAS Website:
    http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/
  • hrngffcrhrngffcr Member Posts: 90
    OK, maybe I'm just missing it, but where on the Chicago Auto Show website does it say anything about the Entourage. :confuse: Certainly not in the Hyundai list of vehicles to be at the show. Are you just assuming based on what some others have stated (without listing a source)? I mean, I would love to see some mention, as I am chomping at the bit to see the Entourage and how they differentiate it from the Sedona.
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    I couldn't find the Entourage either.
    I read it from CSS Car Spy Shots as well as The Car Connection. That the Entourage is CHicago and Elantra for New York.
    Also from personr who works for Hyundai, he was told that the Entourage was going to be debuted before the Elantra so it only makes sense that the Entourage=Chicago and Elantra=New York OR maybe Entourage=New York and Elantra=Geneva. But alsot if you think the Kia Sedona was debuted last year in Chicago so that kind of gives us a clue...
    Thanks for the follow-up and sources.

I know this is getting excited about a minivan, but the Entourage is definitely on my very short list of which minivan to buy in about a year, so I can hardly wait until the middle or end of this coming week to see what Hyundai has done to differentiate the Entourage from the Sedona.
    Same to me. I'm looking to trade my Odyssey in within the next year or so and I'm anxious to see if Hyundai can bring all the features of high end Siennas at the price of a mid level one.
  • joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    http://www.hyundainews.com/presskit2007/07Entourage_PressRelease.html

PRESS RELEASE
    SPECIFICATIONS
    FEATURES
    PHOTO GALLERY
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    Hey all,
    If you've got a large photo (or two) to post, please use a link instead. Large photos distort the page for everyone, and make it very difficult to read & navigate. Thus, they will be removed.

Providing a link keeps the Forums readable!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    The pics are down, I wonder if that was intentional?

-juice
  • carcom2carcom2 Member Posts: 212
    Seems like even the top of the line fully loaded doesn't mention a navigation system option. IMO, Hyundai is making a huge mistake not making one available. Nav. not even an option in their top of the line Azera. What's up with Hyundai? Not offering the NAV can be a deal breaker for me. I've seem the newest Kia Sedona and like it and the Entourage seems even a bit nicer. But I really want NAV. The one in my other car is great. If they think minivans are good and useful for family vacations, why not include a NAV? It's 100x better than looking at a paper map.

Anyone know if there will be a dealer installed NAV option that would fit into the dash?
    I agree. I assumed that was a given to have a nav and backup cameras. I mean, for crying out loud, they have the technology--the Grand Carnival has a nav and backup cameras.

Somebody help me here. Except for a few cosmetic changes, the difference between the Entourage and the fully loaded Sedona are . . . . . . ? :confuse:

I don't think a dealer installed nav is as esthetically pleasing, you can't do backup camera with that, and it's not integrated into the other systems in the car (radio, DVD player, etc)
  • golddog1golddog1 Member Posts: 20
    I agree with the Nav. complaint. However, If we want a navigation system that bad, buy a Garmin. This way we'll always have one and you can take it with you in your other vehicles. I am a little disappointed that the look of the Hyundai and Kia are not that different. Looks like a re-badge instead of a totally different look as previously mentioned by Hyundai.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    The Entourage and Sedona are the same vehicle, with cosmetic changes and a few differences in equipment (e.g. standard power doors on the Entourage).
    I don't really like the way an add on Nav will look if not installed in the dash. The ones I've seen in stores look kind of cheap and I wouldn't want it sitting on top of the dash or attached with a suction cup on the windshield. Plus it might be tempting someone to break in car and steal it.

BTW - I didn't see any mentioning of Blue Tooth capabilities either. They really have left out the 2 important add on's I want.
    This is weird: The Kia website shows Sedona 244 HP/253 torque vs Entourage press release 242 HP/251 torque.
    Looks like the front ends are the same other than Kia fog lights are rectangular vs round. Rear lights are different.
    Entourage available with woodgrain or silver trim. Kia - just woodgrain. Other than that and maybe some more exterior chrome on Entourage, seems pretty much the same.
    Sedona fully loaded EX is $31760. Both cars have info on their websites about these vehicles.

http://sedona.kia.com/
    http://www.allnewentourage.com/
    Just realized that there also is no option available for Satellite radio.

Summary:
    Options not available:
    NAV, Blue Tooth, Satellite,rear outside mirrors with turn signal indicators like on the Sienna. Probably don't need it, but AWD not available either.

Kind of ridiculous to not have these available options that have become so popular in the newer vehicles including competitors minivans.
    Well, personally I'd like to see some things I consider more essential than nav and turn signals on the mirrors be standard on the GLS, such as privacy glass and a driver's armrest. I don't like the idea of having to move up to the SE to get features like that. Yet they put power doors on every van. Go figure.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,147
    http://www.carspace.com/kirstie_h

Check out the banner at the top w/our new personal pages. Be my friend :)

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

"Cute but not smart"? I always wondered what the qualifications for a Town Hall host are. :D:D:D
    Maybe they will add Nav a few years later.

I was looking forward to built in Nav on the Entourage. :cry:

I still don't see the difference between the Sedona and Entourage unless the Entourage gets Bluetooth and Navigation.
  • odysomedayodysomeday Member Posts: 12
    Check out autoblog:

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/02/08/hyundai-entourage-unveiled-at-chicago-auto-sh- ow/

Pretty blah all-around. I was really going to give Hyundai consideration --especially if they rebadged the Grand Carnival (8-11 seats), NAV, etc. Pretty disappointed but overall makes my decision clear for the Honda Ody. Honda can sleep easy tonight. Not much to get excited about with the Entourage. Yawn.
  • simagicsimagic Member Posts: 84
    Are you kidding me...C'mon Hyundai people.....Read this....
    Do you know how many people will NOT buy your product because there's no NAV....This is such a deal breaker. Hey Hyundai people, ya wanna get up there with the big guys...( Honda and Toyota ), do you think this is getting you there . Do you guys have out houses at your production plants or have you yet moved up to indoor plumbing. Do I want to stick a Garmin on my dash and lug it in and out of the car every time I come and go. What about the one time I forget to bring it in and I come out to my cars windows broken and it stolen...Hmmm, let me think, is that the route I want to go . Hmmmmm........Geeze, Somebody give these people at Hyundai a dope slap upside their head. Duhhhhhh.....If anybody knows anyone from Hyundai ( or Kia ), feel free to send them this thread and have them fire whoever came up with the decision not to have a Nav as an option.
  • rajagopalrajagopal Member Posts: 3
    :) i know what it is
    I don't think Honda or Toyota need to be very worried about the Entourage.

But I think DC should be worried. Fortunately for DC, I don't think Hyundai will be able to bring enough vans over here to make a serious dent in DC's market share. But if it's a choice between a $20-21k Grand Caravan SXT (with current rebates and discounts) or a $20-21k Entourage (with the inevitable rebates and discounts), the Entourage will be serious competition for the Caravan IMO.
  • ctalkctalk Member Posts: 646
    The Entourage looks quite appealing.
    It's funny how the Sedona and Entourage are about the same, with the exception of cosmetic changes and standard features. Which one will sell better?

DC has some serious competition now. But you're right that they won't be able to produce enough minivans to actually make a dent.
    I am betting on the Entourage selling better, assuming the pricing comparably equipped is about the same, for the following reasons:

* Hyundai has a better reputation for reliability than Kia at this point. That translates into better resale value.
    * Hyundai seems to be more aggressive with their rebates than Kia, e.g. offering a $1000 owner loyalty rebate on many models.
    * The front styling of the Entourage is bolder, IMO. It looks a lot like an Odyssey up front, which won't hurt in this class.
    * Hyundai has more dealers than Kia.
  • tmaliktmalik Member Posts: 27
    Two thoughts...

1. I'm amazed at the reaction of folks on a lack of NAV. I guess its because I'm Canadian and our market dynamics are different - we just aren't rich enough to obsess over toys like NAV. Yet all the soccer moms and suburban dads up here (like me) will be glad to see another minivan alternative priced in between the ancient domestics offerings and the pricey Honda/Toyota duo (trust me, an Odessey Touring is a luxury vehicle here) with all the required safety & convenience features.

2. I mirror the disappointment in the Entourage styling. At first glance, not much to put it apart from the Sedona in my opinion. And if they're built at the same plant (anyone?) then quality will be the same as well.

All in all, good for Hyundai/Kia in the long run, but nothing to get overly excited about for the consumer.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I actually prefer the wood trim over the silver painted plastics.

Power seat controls look straight out of a Benz.

Front view is least flattering angle, looks droopy.

DVD screen is disappointingly small, 7" if that. Bigger ones are 9" or so (Ody, Tribeca).

-juice
    Guess now its back to dreaming of a Sienna Limited with Package 3.

The Entourage Limited looks great... Except for one thing... Navigation!

I'm sure if I didn't need navigation it would get a serious look as after all rebates (which will inevitably come) it should come out to around $23,000ish and change for a midlevel Entourage SE with some popular options.
    Given the minivan segment is a lot more than styling points (styling actually doesn't sell at all in this class, ironically enough), I would say Hyundai should do well and become a formidable competitor in this segment.
  • wolverinejoe80wolverinejoe80 Member Posts: 337
    a safe design= very good for sale

interior looks nice, spacious, and it will be cheaper than the competitor.

hyundai hit another home run.
  • mike_belknapmike_belknap Member Posts: 378
    The GLS starts at $23,795.

Mike
  • mike_belknapmike_belknap Member Posts: 378
    The DVD screen is an 8-incher.

Mike
  • standepuystandepuy Member Posts: 23
    The Chicago Auto Show
    http://gallery.dealerrater.com/gallery/pop.asp?galleryId=35&imageId=20884&ratedI- mageId=20883&rating=9

Looks a lot like a KIA Sedona - I like the grill better :)
  • larry1135larry1135 Member Posts: 43
    This kind of post is what brings this forum down. This person posted no useful facts or issues. It would be nice if this post was removed, and this person banned.
    Has Hyundai announced an on sale date? When is it?
    Spring (along with the Accent 3dr). No specifics but should not take too long to get to the showroom.
    "This kind of post" is what many people in this forum are feeling about having NAV as an option,.....only I wrote it, (Mr. larry1135) so maybe we should ban them all ( as you suggest banning me for writing it). See posts 12,23,41,64,65,66,71,75,84 .
    All these people want NAV....me too. My post contains facts and issues( as you suggest they don't ). Facts, are that no NAV is being offered ( and it should be ). Issues are, that some people want NAV and will pass up this vehicle for another because it's not offered. If you feel I should be removed and banned ( as you stated )for presenting this information, then you probably believe in a police state as well where "YOU" regulate what people can and cannot read. Sig Heil Larry
    This might be a bit off-topic but I don't necessary think NAV is something of a "must-have", it's simply a nice feature to have but by no means a deal killer. Unless you road trip every day, how many times would you really need your NAV? Most of the time, the daily commute you can drive with your eyes closed.

I'll confess, I have NAV in my car. It's a nice feature, but I must have only used it for one time or two, at the most. Why did I get it then, you might ask...well, let's just say I became good friends with the manager of a local dealership and he threw it in for free after I specifically ordered the trim without the NAV.

I digress. As for the Entourage without NAV, I don't think it will be that big of a deal; the value is still definitely there, without any question. Give me the latest copy of McNally and a highlighter, I'll take the savings and invest in something else...
  • ikces81ikces81 Member Posts: 10
    They have NAV in korea as an option.
    I guess they dont have any telematics service providers yet, or they feel NAV isnt an important issue to their target buyers yet.
    Picture this scenario. You're an independent appliance repairman, going to maybe 10-15-20 different "unknown" locations in a day.
    NAV may not be important to you, but do you think that appliance repair person would like to see it as an option.
    Not everyone who is interested in the Entourage is someone who goes to the same location for work everyday and once in awhile takes a little trip with the kids. I myself am an entertainer who goes to different gigs ( weddings, house parties, corporate functions, etc ).. I have to be on time. Making that perverbial wrong turn ( very often shown on Mapquest )could be costly, aggravating, and a big problem. The casual driver making the wrong turn just might be late to get to the park with the kids. I don't suggest they stick NAV down your throat and force you to have it as part of a package, but to some people, it is a much desired option. For me and for some of the others who have written in, it may very well be a deal breaker.
  • golddog1golddog1 Member Posts: 20
    Let it go already!!! The horse has been beaten enough! Move over to the Odyssey forum and talk all the NAV you want. The Entourage will still sell well. As other posters have noted, I would rather invest the money I saved for other things. I currently own a Sienna and wanted to get NAV on it. However the big deal breaker there was having to purchase an entertainment system and options that placed it well over 40K. I'll pay 30K for the Entourage, buy a Garmin for 1K and pocket the rest. Good Deal!!!
    Some people need navigation, some don't. That's why it is an OPTION on the Odyssey and Sienna.

Like myself. I'd love to have it. But do I need it? No. I take the same commute three times a week. When I go somewhere, I typically know how to get there already.

I have a friend who is an interpreter. She has to drive all around the state, to new destinations every time, she has to be on time, and she has no navigation system in her 97 Grand Caravan. Does she need a navigation system? Probably. Is she getting by without one? Yes.

All this proves that few people actually NEED a navigation system, it's just a nice tool for the rest of us to have when you are travelling to unknown or unfamiliar places for those of us who are willing to shell out some $$$ for it.

And for those of us unwilling to pay, Hyundai will sell you an Entourage :blush:

For those of us who are willing to pay, Honda and Toyota will be fighting for your $$$ for an Odyssey EX-L, Odyssey Touring, Sienna XLE or Sienna Limited.
    This quote from the 2/12/06 thecarconnection.com review of the 2006 Sedona explains a lot:

The lack of a navigation system is still a sore point; rather than outsource a navigation system, Kia is still planning to source its navigation system from Mobis a Hyundai/Kia captive supplier that has never released a nav system for the U.S. market. The nav option is still at least a year away on the top models, according to Kia officials. :(
    NAVs are available as dealer-installed options, if I am not mistaken. Even if not released initially, grab one like Garmin, as mentioned, or even a map will do the job.

FYI - automakers/dealers would love for every consumer to add-on as many available options as possible but I do agree with you guys about the point personal preferences.
  • dbaylissdbayliss Member Posts: 1
    check out the video unveiling and info at the Hyundai website.

http://www.allnewentourage.com/

It will have more space than the Odyssey. At will start at 23K MSRP. Now Hyundai will have 2 vehicles that offer 7 passenger seating. :shades:
  • larry1135larry1135 Member Posts: 43
    I'm lucky that I live near Chicago. I got to see and sit in the Entourage. At the auto show they said it would be available in Spring. On HyundaiUSA.com it states that it would be available in the summer. Anyone have an inside scoop on the release?