Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saab 9-7X Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
edited March 2014 in Saab
Share your Saab shopping stories!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• cxcarshoppingcxcarshopping Member Posts: 1
    shopping for a saab 97x linear. being offered the gm employee discount price, but on a 36 mo/10k lease the money factor is .00275 which seems really high to me in this day and age. Residual is 58%. Comparison shopping a BMW X5 3.0 which has a 10,000 higher MSRP (48.5k vs. 38.5k) and being quoted money factors in the range of .00140.

What this means, is that with a minimal money-down lease (like $1500) I'm looking at payments around $580 for the BMW and $516 for the 97x. Factoring the comparatively worse gas mileage of the 97x is roughly about $35 per month more, further closing the gap for the BMW. I have plenty of things to like about either vehicle, and would just as soon go with the Saab if I could get a better lease rate and drop that payment down into the $450-$475 per month range, which seems like it ought to be possible. Anyone else have any number to compare?
  • cwbysfan1cwbysfan1 Member Posts: 2
    We just leased a 97x with the GM pricing and got a much better price than you are quoting. We got, with no money down, just acquisition fee and first month payment, $477/month for a 2 year 15,000/year lease. The quote for the 3 year lease with 15k/year was 476. We leased ours at Gary Blake Saab in Exeter, NH.
  • mei_applemei_apple Member Posts: 5
    Hi cwbysfan1,

Would you mind sharing the details of the lease term? Was the lease with Saab Finiancial Service? What was the money factor, residual value, sale price, etc? Was it Linear or Arc? Thanks a lot in advance and enjoy your new 9-7X.
  • mei_applemei_apple Member Posts: 5
  • cwbysfan1cwbysfan1 Member Posts: 2
    I don't have the money factor handy, but the lease was for 2 years, 15k/year through Saab Financial Services. It was a Linear with a list of $38,900 and we got it for the employee price of around $34,500. The residual is somewhere around $24,500. Our payment (no tax includes since there is no sales tax in NH) is $477/month.
  • buyingbuying Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I am shopping around for a mid-size SUV. I'm considering the Saab 9-7X, the V6. I wanted to know what the incentives are right now... How much off MSRP are dealers giving?
    I know there's a special APR, but I'm really looking for dealer incentives and $$$ off. Thank you for all the info!
  • buyingbuying Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I am shopping around for a mid-size SUV. I'm considering the Saab 9-7X, the V6. I wanted to know what the incentives are right now... How much off MSRP are dealers giving?
    I know there's a special APR, but I'm really looking for dealer incentives and $$$ off. Thank you for all the info!
  • nchoonchoo Member Posts: 1
    Kirstie,

I just met with a dealer here in NC and the 8 cyl 9-7x currently has a dealer incentive of $3500 and an invoice price of $38298. The sticker is $41240. This does not include either the rear entertainment or the navigation but does have everything else.

NC Hoo
  • jstrauchjstrauch Member Posts: 1
    Just thought I would let everyone know. I just leased a 4.2 9-7x from Ellis Brooks in SF.

i put 2500 down, 15k miles a year, prestige package, 24 months for 383.17 a month.

I would highly suggest the dealership, they were very fast and professional.

sound like a decent deal?

TIA
    John
  • xifangxifang Member Posts: 1
    I picked up my new 9-7x 5.3i this past Saturday and wow what a great handling and powerful vehicle. I looked at the Envoy, Volvo and BMW and I must say there is no comparison. I have enjoyed my first 72 hours not to mention the $4500 rebate as well as the $2000 Saab loyality cash as I have a 9-3 also. That was just to get started in the deal. This vehicle has lots of extras leather heated seats, a DVD player with wireless headphones a stero system that is incredible. I also got the navigation system premium lights as well as. I could not beleive the pickup on this when you hit the gas pedal. The over 300 hp really moves this baby down the highway. It looks different than anything else out there in a sea of look alikes the 9-7x is truely a wonderful vehicle. The Saab dealers also treat you special and are very helpful. I highly recommend this vehicle. It is not a pure made in Sweden but it is Swedish designed and it is a head turning Saab that you can be happy and proud to drive.

Steve
This discussion has been closed.