Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda5 Owners Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• rlyonrlyon Member Posts: 57
    My amp is under the front passenger seat. Not many will fit but the Alpine F250 fits.

As for my sub-
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2328523
    You don't splice the wires, you completely cut them. Out from the radio goes to the amp's input speaker level. Then the wires coming from the speaker side of those you just cut also run to the amp but to the speaker output side. If you turn off the amp, the speakers won't play?? I assume you will amp the BAs, they will need the amp on so the fuse switch sounds like a unnecessary step.

A really good place to go for answers and info is- http://www.msprotege.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=30&f=11

They helped me build my system and helped me with every question along the way. Mazda related too.
  • mazda5lovermazda5lover Member Posts: 29
    OK>>>> here we go.. I need my front speakers to sound.... if I cut them, how will they get sound? I am putting in a sub box.. :confuse: NOT amping my BAs.
    Oh, why aren't you amping the BAs? They'll sound 100% better amped as the HU maybe puts out 15w. I assumed you were amping them and you'd need the speaker wires cut and ran to the amp-which is why they call it speaker level. You'll need to cut the speakers wires behind the HU whether you add a LOC or you run speaker level. The speaker wires leaving the HU are the inputs for the amp. Then the amp has to run it's output to your speakers. Thus, you cut the wires. If you are putting in a sub AND and amp, or just an powered sub? I guess you could just splice the wires then bhind the HU and run to the sub/amp, but it won't sound nearly as good if the BAs were amped also.
    Understood, except I only have a 2 channel amp which is a sub amp... I have had this amp from a previous install on different car/different sound system setup. Just need extra bass... I am happy with my BAs coming out of the HU just the way they are.. Thanks for the input... and hopefully when it stops raining here I can install this setup... I greatly appreciate all the input and help finding that grommet in the firewall :shades: ;)
    Ah I see, np. Well good luck, I hope you get it going to your liking :)
    OH.. wait, one more question.. any thoughts on the way to wire the remote lead other than at the hu? :confuse:
    Fuse box or cigarette lighter are all I can think of.
  • zwegersdzwegersd Member Posts: 2
    I've been waiting since you posted this message to see it. I'm really interested.
  • medicmanmedicman Member Posts: 4
    Hey there, I placed the receiver on the middle console to the left of the cup holders, keeps it discreet and out of the way . It is still easy to use from that location.
  • fowler3fowler3 Member Posts: 1,919
    For those interested in leather seats check out:

http://www.classicsofttrim.com

Consider the leather side bolsters with suade seat inserts for more comfort and cooler sitting. You can get the saude perferated.

Fowler3
    I;m not sure if this one was mentioned or not but they have tons of leathers and patterns to fit the 5.

http://www.katzkin.com./05/FC/mainFS.html
  • riproyriproy Member Posts: 57
    Has anyone had these installed? Was it done at the dealer? Are they Mazda product or aftermarket? It seems the sideskirts would reduce the need, but i would still like to have some. I noticed a post some months ago describing how an owner did it himself. Would like to hear the experience of others. Have you put them on and found them useless? Eyesores? Regret the decision?

Thanks for your input.
  • forhgforhg Member Posts: 1
    has anyone found an add-on for increasing power?
  • riproyriproy Member Posts: 57
    Has anyone north of the border purchased these? I am especially interested in winter replacements for the 17" rims. Since the stock rubber is quite expensive, i thought this would be one way of decreasing wear on the tires. Aside from the inherent advantage of winter tires in the winter.

Would like to hear where you bought them, costs, and whether it was worth it for winter driving.

Thank you.
  • wa98stratwa98strat Member Posts: 66
    check out
    cosmno racing (intakes)
    Hiboost.com (turbos) While Hiboost doesn't specifically make a turbo for the 5. The engine compartment of the3 and the 5 are almost identical. Many of the performance parts for the 3 will bolt right up to the 5.

You should take a look at the 5 forums on mpvclub.com or msprotege.com. They're mor active than this board ( and more performance oriented!)
  • fowler3fowler3 Member Posts: 1,919
    Europeans do not get the 2.3 engine.

But what they do offer is a choice of interior trim colors. Mazda has a beautiful light beige and taupe trim with beige carpeting which looks much better than the black. The bottom of the dash (on the glove box and across) is painted beige too.

We need to bug Mazda to offer it on the USA models.

fowler3
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Beat the heat (that's my plan anyway) at our weekly Mazda chat tonight. See you there!

PF Flyer
    Host
    Wagons, & Hybrid Vehicles

The Mazda Club Chat is on tonight. The chat room opens at 8:45PM ET Hope to see YOU there! Check out the schedule
  • mrmcc33mrmcc33 Member Posts: 6
    Has anyone installed the roof rails themselves? Easy? Tough? Useless?
    You mean the Mazda OEM rack? They are EXTREMELY easy. Took about 10 minutes.
  • menmy5menmy5 Member Posts: 12
    Agreed, very easy and it comes with clear instructions. I got ours from rosenthal mazda - http://www.finishlineperformance.com/mazda5/index.html - though you may find a better price.
  • mrmcc33mrmcc33 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks! They came as part of the deal - picking them up tomorrow.
    Beat the heat (going to need to do that here in the East!) tonight and stop in for a bit of car chat!

The Mazda Club Chat is on tonight. The chat room opens at 8:45PM ET Hope to see YOU there! Check out the schedule
  • boytoysboytoys Member Posts: 8
    Made my own template this morning for the front driver and passenger carpet. Feel free to use it. Link is available here.http://www.canadahobby.com/Mazda5/boytoys/
  • adamricadamric Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have an online owners manual that they can send me a link to?
    Just download it from the mazda.ca website. All you have to do is join the owners section (you don't need to be an owner to join)
  • minisubminisub Member Posts: 8
    hi,
    I recently purchased new Mazda 5 with GPS option, however the DVD maps don't have our new street. I was wondering who do I contact to get the updated DVD maps or how much it would cost? I noticed the company who make the GPS for M5 is same company who makes Hertz Never Lost.
    Any luck. I am in GTA and looking to get winter rims/tires for my new 5 too..
  • wusterwuster Member Posts: 153
    If you find out first, let the rest of us know.

My street isn't on the Navi map either. :cry:
    check this link, pics of 7th seat of a euro 5 from an ownerlink title
    I've talked to a couple of stealerships and most of them won't have any stock until late september. But the 5 uses the same rolling stock as the 3 so it shouldn't be too hard to find rims and tires. personally I'm getting either Pirelli Winter Carving or Hankook Icebear 404's.

I do know that you can get the Pirelli's with rims from Gyro MAzda for around $795 which seems to be a competitive price

BTW I would get 16 inch rims (even for the GT) it opens up your tire options tremendously
    hi all,
    I have an Q tower Yakima rack from my other car and I want to use it on my M5, has anyone used the Q tower on the M5? From Yakima website it states you need get Q12 and Q131 Clips, I wonder if anyone had experience with them and how it fits on the M5? The main thing I am looking for is does the clips interfere with power windows and do they fit pretty snugly onto the car? Anyone who has experience with these would be appreciated.
    Okay, NAVTEQ is company you have to call according to Mazda. Currently Mazda 5 model map update is not available and not even on their website. The support guy told me they release new maps every 12-14 months and the cost is $199. Personally I think that's bit much just for newer maps. :mad: I wonder if all Mazada uses the same GPS system? Here's their website:
    http://www.navteq.com/updates/updates.html

I think maybe it's a good idea to make copy of your current DVD maps in case your original breaks.
    Thanks for the link, saved me the trouble of finding it out. I see that you can submit issues with the maps like new roads, new street signs, etc. I will have to submit at least 4 for my city that have changed recently. Also, phone numbers don't always pull up addresses. THose who submit new map fixes should at least be entitled to a discount off the update cost ;)
    The nav in the Mazda5 is the same one in the Mazda3. So the Mazda3 DVD should work for the Mazda5, and according to their website, there is an update for 2005 and older Mazda3's.

I'll have to check the version of my DVD.
  • vinnyfastvinnyfast Member Posts: 33
    I was in for the 24k oil change, and asked about the turbo and intercooler parts that are for the Mazda 6 Speed. I was told that yes, it can be added, and that by the time you add up all the parts you need, it would cost ~ $4000 Canadian, plus taxes and installation. I'm thinking it might need a few extra parts or upgrades as well - exhaust, etc. I would like to see the extra power, and I'm guessing with the turbo, I could probably see around 240hp?? I think I'll wait another 2 years when my warranty expires then add it. Doing it now would more than likely void the warranty.
    Interesting, please report back your findings. Still, I will have to post at least 4 roads and/or street signs that have changed or been added in the past year or so. There's no way they'd be on any updated DVD. I'll just have to do my part to ensure everyone gets a perfect map no matter what city they are driving in.
    Heck, I want to report my neigborhood in Leesburg, VA and about half of Ashburn, VA.

It's pretty funny when I drive beyond the roads shown on the map. It really throws the navi system off and it keeps telling me to make a u-turn. It's also fun to see the car traveling on the screen with no roads.
    The post on the ipod adapter has been moved to the Mazda5 Audio & Entertainment Questions discussion.
  • mazdalvrmazdalvr Member Posts: 16
    I have found some pictures of the Mazda 5 or the Premacy in Japan at the Tokyo Auto Salon it looks awsome! I am hoping we will get our hands on some of the parts they used.
    Where are the pics?!
    go to the photo search option and type in mazda5 or go to my page and look in my photo album.
  • denrhizdenrhiz Member Posts: 1
    Hi Boytoys,

Where did you get the carpet materials you used?
    I'd like to make one to protect my carpets. Thanks for sharing!

-denrhiz
    Awesome stuff, thanks.
  • crail29crail29 Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone bought the heavy duty rubber floor mats from Weather Tech? I'm a little leery of Mazda's own "all weather" mats, since they seem to be made of vinyl.
    No problems with Mazda's mats so far other than the knobbed texture under the driver's feet that was worn a little flat. Overall, for what $60 I'm pretty happy, just wish the Mazda Emblem was painted or made to stand out from the rest of the mat.
  • msalmsal Member Posts: 3
    I've surfed a bit and the lowest prices for me seem to be from the south Austin, TX dealer. Free shipping on orders over $100 to 48 states.

www.mazdastuff.com
    Visit my page and click on the corksport link! they have a body kit it looks good! and some other mazda goodies